What if Grievous doesn't counter JKR because he counters DR?

Was sitting here thinking about the JKR meta and impending DR meta... And it occurred to me that perhaps Grievous is I ended as a preemptive could territory to the next meta. And would impose a rock paper scissors ahead of DRs release.

Not likely I know.... But it would be a great way to handle it. And since the game is down thought it might be a fun discussion in the meantime.

Replies

• You are a bold one
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Yeah, I'm thinking that Darth Revan will be a hard counter to JKR, but crumble to almost everything else (Traya, Darth Revan, GG, Rebels, JTR, etc.) Then we get the rock-paper-scissors in arena. But then again, maybe people will still run JKR to just avoid falling as much on defense.
  • Nah...doesnt work that way. People would be mad if DK has a hard counter already
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm thinking that Darth Revan will be a hard counter to JKR, but crumble to almost everything else (Traya, Darth Revan, GG, Rebels, JTR, etc.) Then we get the rock-paper-scissors in arena. But then again, maybe people will still run JKR to just avoid falling as much on defense.

Crumbling to most other teams might be a bit too hopeful... But having one other team that it crumbles to would be more than enough I think... Even if it was Traya. This would mean there was a team that could be acquired in game but also requires work to get it.

I actually like that conceptually
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    8KTtscB.jpg?fb

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    8KTtscB.jpg?fb

I agree it is highly unlikely. But hey.... We can dream at least. Right? RIGHT?!
  • Grievous doesn't have a leader tag, so Revan doesn't get that bonus against him.
  • Then Darth Revan sucks horribly, because GG sucks.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Grievous doesn't have a leader tag, so Revan doesn't get that bonus against him.

Where are you guys seeing DR's kit at to know this?

Where are you guys seeing DR's kit at to know this?

We see that from the ingame announcement.
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    Then Darth Revan sucks horribly, because GG sucks.

CG simply missed it cause they also missed His Rework 😅 it will be fixed If DR is live OR Grievous cause troubles for him (whatchout Kotor crowd riot IF someone beat the holy Revan Squads...)
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Grevious can't beat an egg let alone the current meta
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Reyalp wrote: »

There are multiple videos of people beating Revan with Grievous. Yes, it requires great mods, but what top arena placement doesn't?

Grievous is fine. Just because you can't autolawl your way through everything doesn't mean he "sucks."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

There are multiple videos of people beating Revan with Grievous. Yes, it requires great mods, but what top arena placement doesn't?

Grievous is fine. Just because you can't autolawl your way through everything doesn't mean he "sucks."

I don't think he's fine. He doesn't suck that bad in general, but as a counter to Revan he's very underwhelming. Grievous teams can only beat Revan if you sink an inordinate amount of resources into them, and even then it's a coin toss. What we needed out of Grievous was a Revan hard-counter that is widely available, what we got is a soft-counter that requires such a large investment of resources that most people won't bother.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »

I don't think he's fine. He doesn't suck that bad in general, but as a counter to Revan he's very underwhelming. Grievous teams can only beat Revan if you sink an inordinate amount of resources into them, and even then it's a coin toss. What we needed out of Grievous was a Revan hard-counter that is widely available, what we got is a soft-counter that requires such a large investment of resources that most people won't bother.

You think we need a team that’s easy to get and doesn’t need a bunch of resources to beat a team that took a lot to get, needs 6 zetas and 6dot mods? Hmm...
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member

Tell you what, if you can find a single instance of CG saying "The Grievous rework is designed to counter Revan," I will happily recant.

They never said that's what he was for. The community just decided that, because he's a "Jedi killer" or whatever (though based on what I remember from CW and the prequels, he actually kind of sucks at it). Then when Grievous didn't meet the community's completely baseless expectations, suddenly they were the bad guys.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

Tell you what, if you can find a single instance of CG saying "The Grievous rework is designed to counter Revan," I will happily recant.

They never said that's what he was for. The community just decided that, because he's a "Jedi killer" or whatever (though based on what I remember from CW and the prequels, he actually kind of sucks at it). Then when Grievous didn't meet the community's completely baseless expectations, suddenly they were the bad guys.

So the videos supplied by CG of GG crew stomping JKR teams was baseless I see...
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Because they'll release a Journey character with a built in hard counter. Also would
    Be weird how one of the infamous Jedi killers ended up countering sith
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    Also would
    Be weird how one of the infamous Jedi killers ended up countering sith

Since when does stuff like that matter ?
    Why would imperial troopers be effective against ghosts and zombies ? Yet it’s one of the most clear counter teams in the game.
    Why would bounty hunters work together at all ? Don’t think of it as if it’s reality.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    R_Val_17 wrote: »

So the videos supplied by CG of GG crew stomping JKR teams was baseless I see...

How could the video be baseless ? The video wasn’t titled “ press auto on grevous and you can beat all revans “. That would be baseless. You saw the video with no idea of mods , or zeta or gear , and then decided - this means grevous beats revan always with no effort.

How is the video baseless. Fix your wording if you mean that the players assumed grevous could kill Jedi from a video and from cannon material. That the video was their basis , although a poor choice to base it.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    MD_Geist wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Then Darth Revan sucks horribly, because GG sucks.

CG simply missed it cause they also missed His Rework 😅 it will be fixed If DR is live OR Grievous cause troubles for him (whatchout Kotor crowd riot IF someone beat the holy Revan Squads...)

The “KOTOR crowd riot” never requested that Revan be unbeatable. It was requested that he join the game, and that he live up to his legend. To be fair however, he was a very powerful character, so his power in game is almost warranted...

On the other hand, if Jedi Luke is beatable, then I would expect to see some “rioting”.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member

1: As already pointed out, that video had no description of the mods and gear levels involved. And since you can beat Revan with good enough mods, it's not like they just straight up lied about it. Why would you think you could beat anything as OP as Revan without awesome mods anyway?

2: They almost had to show him beating Revan. The entire community has been losing its mind about how much it hates fighting Revan for months, and if they didn't at least hint at Grievous being Revan-viable, people would've immediately written him off before he was even released. A bit shady? Maybe, but it was that or make less money. I know which one I'd have picked if I had to pay for a Star Wars license.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I got you both. So long as they didn't outright say it, it wasnt a lie. Man women are gonna play you so often in life.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    I got you both. So long as they didn't outright say it, it wasnt a lie. Man women are gonna play you so often in life.

It's okay to be wrong sometimes, kiddo. You don't have to resort to insults, especially not lame, tired ones like "lol I bet you can't get laid."

This is how marketing works. They obfuscate and equivocate in order to get you to buy stuff. That's, like...that's just how it works. I dunno how else to explain it. If you expect truth in advertising, you're just being willfully ignorant.

Are you going to tell me that if you were selling a product, you'd run ads saying "It's like, the third-best in the industry!" No. You'd make it sound like the best thing in the world, because otherwise nobody would buy it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png