Darth Revan: No double lightsabers!!??

Prev1
Ninjah9
906 posts Member
If there was one silver lining to CG breaking the game to accommodate Revan, it was that one day we would be able to play as the coolest looking character in star wars history ... Darth Revan . And after 6 months of boring as hell mirror matches they chose to give Darth Revan the mirror look of jedi Revan!!? Holy cow CG, how did you mess this up!? It was a slam dunk! Google Darth Revan he is always depicted with the red & purple light sabers, the most awesome looking star wars character ever!

Replies

• ZoeyMara
    57 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    coolest looking in star wars history .............thats a mighty big opinion ........i would prefer to say Darth Bane is better looking maybe even Freedon Nadd or how about Marka Ragnos his helmet is cool
    , or i dont know Exar Kun the sith lord of all sith lords his looks was pretty darn cool and he didnt have to hide behind a mask plus he had a cool double sided Lightsaber which was the most feared lightsaber even after his death so feared the Jedi counsel had it locked away foreveeeeeeeeeeeer. tulak hord was pretty cool looking too
  • Darth malagus, another cool Sith, the only sith to take the jedi temple with a full frontal assult. (If you don’t count Skywalker, technically not a Sith lord until the end of the movie).
  • Darth Krayt has my vote...he looked pretty awesome!
  • If Darth Revan is all about damage dealing it would have made good sense for him to have 2 lightsabers
  • While I love me some Darth Revan, I also think Darth Krayt and Emperor Vitiate look awesome
  • Yea but kotor(bio ware rpg) he had 1 but tor (mmo) he had 2 but would call him revan reborn or just revan cause he wasn't ls at that point so 1 lightsaber fits him better since he is taken from kotor not tor
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Call me old fashion if you wish, but I think Vader has the best design of any Star Wars character, maybe even any character in general. He was the first ever sith, and was the first to have the whole “walking iron lung” design. He was also the first to have the idea of the dark side deteriorating his body, and the whole pale bald guy look. I feel like around 60% of all the major sith kinda copy him a bit (malak, Sion, malgus, pretty much any one with a mask (and kylo if you want to count him, even though he isn’t a sith)) but that’s just a testament to how awesome Vader’s design was and still is.

Oh and about Revans lightsaber, I think he would be cooler with both his purple and red lightsaber.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    ZoeyMara wrote: »
    coolest looking in star wars history .............thats a mighty big opinion ........i would prefer to say Darth Bane is better looking maybe even Freedon Nadd or how about Marka Ragnos his helmet is cool
    , or i dont know Exar Kun the sith lord of all sith lords his looks was pretty darn cool and he didnt have to hide behind a mask plus he had a cool double sided Lightsaber which was the most feared lightsaber even after his death so feared the Jedi counsel had it locked away foreveeeeeeeeeeeer. tulak hord was pretty cool looking too

No dude sorry, but nothing beats a sith with purple and red light sabers wearing a mandalorian mask...
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Yea but kotor(bio ware rpg) he had 1 but tor (mmo) he had 2 but would call him revan reborn or just revan cause he wasn't ls at that point so 1 lightsaber fits him better since he is taken from kotor not tor

Dude your own profile pic has him with red and purple lightsabers, I mean cmon on this is his best look by far. What is more annoying is that after 6+ months of mirror matches CG made Darth Revan basically a mirror image of jedi revan. So lame..
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »
    the most awesome looking star wars character ever!

Two words: Darth Vader
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
    Yea but kotor(bio ware rpg) he had 1 but tor (mmo) he had 2 but would call him revan reborn or just revan cause he wasn't ls at that point so 1 lightsaber fits him better since he is taken from kotor not tor

Dude your own profile pic has him with red and purple lightsabers, I mean cmon on this is his best look by far. What is more annoying is that after 6+ months of mirror matches CG made Darth Revan basically a mirror image of jedi revan. So lame..

I have no issues with revan mirror matches loved it way more then traya mirror matches though.

But yea red and purple lightsaber is the better look but it dosent follow kotor watch the opening cutscene he only has 1 red lightsaber thats what theyare going off snd it makes sense a revan redeemed should have both
  • They can always release a 3rd revan ;)
  • Veserion1 wrote: »
    They can always release a 3rd revan ;)

Exactly cause theres a ls a ds and a "grey" side of him
  • Veserion1 wrote: »
    They can always release a 3rd revan ;)

Exactly cause theres a ls a ds and a "grey" side of him

They do have that currently empty "Neutral" tag. (Which, frankly, should be applied to every non-force sensitive character in the game, and a few force users.)
  • Most are sick of Revan and don’t want Revan v Revan for the next 5 months. I’m done with the game until Revan is no longer in the meta.
    the most awesome looking star wars character ever!

Two words: Darth Vader

Three words: Not even close

I have no issues with revan mirror matches loved it way more then traya mirror matches though.

But yea red and purple lightsaber is the better look but it dosent follow kotor watch the opening cutscene he only has 1 red lightsaber thats what theyare going off snd it makes sense a revan redeemed should have both

At least Traya had actual counters. Traya was not even close to how op Revan is. The math speaks for itself, Revan is currently 90% of the meta. Traya never got close to that. So aside from breaking the game, they gave his counter a mirror look to him. It's so lame, and I highly doubt there will be a third Revan...
  • I highly doubt a jedi luke dont want to see it unless maybe a marquee at best
  • I highly doubt a jedi luke dont want to see it unless maybe a marquee at best

No way. Jedi Luke should be the most op character in the game and they know it. He’s the end game. We won’t see him until their contract is almost up.
    Ninjah9 wrote: »

At least Traya had actual counters. Traya was not even close to how op Revan is. The math speaks for itself, Revan is currently 90% of the meta. Traya never got close to that. So aside from breaking the game, they gave his counter a mirror look to him. It's so lame, and I highly doubt there will be a third Revan...

That's not really a good comparison due to their release methods. By releasing Traya through a raid we saw her trickle in to arena and folks had time to figure out her mechanics and counters while she was 5 star, G10, and used in sub optimal squads (it took a few weeks for folks to settle on an "optimal" Traya lineup). Also, a large number of guilds, many of which have several Revans, still don't complete HSTR.

Revan came out at 7 star, with a pre built team, and available to everyone on the first go. Accessible to everyone 3, or so, months later.

Traya absolutely could have hit 90%, pre Chewie and C-3PO, had she been released as a Journey character.
  • DarkISI
    91 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Ninjah9 wrote: »

He has the red one before his mind wipe (a purple one in the comics, if memory serves), but if you play KotOR 2 with a Dark Side Revan history, flashbacks to KotOR will have Darth Revan wield two lightsabers, red and purple, during the events of KotOR
  • Uhm?? he never had two in the game? This is based on the game, not fan fiction or whatever you mean
  • jpierrard17
    172 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Darth Revan never had 2 sabers, Redeemed (Reborn) Revan did! Big difference in timeline
  • Darth Revan never had 2 sabers, Redeemed (Reborn) Revan did! Big difference in timeline

Basically that. While 2 lightsabers is cool and all, the purple and red are NOT Darth Revan, but another iteration of Revan altogether. Pretty sure they’d go with Malak next before they would add another Revan, and something tells me this will be the last Revan we get in-game.
  • Basically that. While 2 lightsabers is cool and all, the purple and red are NOT Darth Revan, but another iteration of Revan altogether. Pretty sure they’d go with Malak next before they would add another Revan, and something tells me this will be the last Revan we get in-game.

2w93h7.jpg

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    If we are voting on cool looking, i like starkiller from force unleashed darkside ending and dlc

eja7tvuwafq2.jpg
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    As to op topic.

Yeah im sad only one lightsaber