HK-47 rework

2Next

Replies

• IG75
    26 posts Member
    IG75 wrote: »
    Reyalp wrote: »
    GG, B1, B2, Droideka and Magnaguard are the only real 'droids' and they've been synergised as such.

Fun fact - GG isn't even a droid, he is from a species known as the Kaleesh.

Right?
    If he has a droid tag, then by that logic, so should Darth Vadar. Grevious was the early experiment that lead to vadar's bionic suit.

Exactly! :smile:

Vader would round off my droid squad nicely.

• Droideka wrote: »
    Corrog wrote: »
    Also, HK shouldn't even be the droid leader. He's not a leader, he's an assassin. Let him become the murder murderbot he was always supposed to be.
    All of the BHs worked alone and shouldn’t be leaders. Farmboy Luke or Old Ben never led anything. Heck, even CLS was not a leader. That line of reasoning is flawed, because so many of our leaders in game were not leaders in-universe.

Farmboy Luke and Old Ben are both examples of characters (like HK) who received abilities they shouldn't have in order to fill out functional roles in teams even though they didn't fit the character narratives. The CW series does establish though that some BHs deserve a leader tag, they frequently worked together.
  • What this announcement really means is that [most likely] the direction they wanted to take HK in for synergy with revan would have caused his current leadership to enter an infinite loop and/or eclipse DR in performance. Droids won't beat DR for sure, but it's possible that HK post-rework might give GG droids an edge over JKR. (It's been speculated that HK will get deathmark, given dark bastila kit. I don't know the GG team well but imagine that deathmark would be a good addition to them for countering Jolee)

We'll have to wait for the rework details to know all m anything for sure
  • Corrog wrote: »
    Also, HK shouldn't even be the droid leader. He's not a leader, he's an assassin. Let him become the murder murderbot he was always supposed to be.

This is right but leaves the Problem of a Lack of leads in the faction and very outdated leads If you throw in non droids like already mentioned. Its a faction with a lot of characters that maybe can only Form one Team at Future (seperatist droids) and Missing that L3 lead will matter and it is not we have Something "lets wait for Grievous Rework or other "named" droids that arent in the Game yet" after Grievous Rework and now HK (both bound to Happen) and C3PO Legend faction is really complet and still Missing leads compared to Empire, rebels etc.

I am fine with HK is a murderbot and yes he should work well with his Master but i am not fine with changing a 3 year old lead without any real Problem over the years (Finn is another Level and already was before C3PO, Heck Revan itself is a big Design Trap). Keep in mind that this is without L3 lead, IG88 already got BH pass and nearly all named droids (we looking for a lead) are in the Game and finally seperatist droids are done too (without any Impact). So this is a Nerf (at least Looks Like) for a faction with nothing on the Tablet to replace that Missing lead and with nothing we can Hope for at Future.

And yes even If (i doubt) HK keept a lead you cant simply use +30 Speed or whatever on it cause faction is already slow (attackers) and cant Take a Punch well or offer any broken stuff and this with some legendary toons etc.
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fRfMkQwTr1o

In SWTOR HK-47 led the droid army.
  • EricsonX
    703 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Analysis: It would appear that my primary assassination protocols have been tampered with, Master.
    Inquiry: Do you think it will make me a better assassin, Master?
    Declaration: If not, I will enjoy tearing those meatbags apart for putting their filthy fleshy hands on me.

As long as HK gets some freaking good synergy with Revan. And it should work with Sith and Jedi Revan, but if not, at least the Sith Revan was the one who built him.
  • Yeah this sucks cuz HK had an awesome leader ability if you had droids who attacked all enemies, and yeah I’m worried the devs might screw up my droid team, and sure it’s possible that the droids I use in my droid team might no longer fit together and will have to be repurposed into only their respective other teams - But I AM excited about a potential new unique (or 2?? Maybe 🤔). It could probably only improve right?
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Defiant declaration: CG can change my leader ability when they pry my blaster from my cold, unliving hands.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Oh gee, another nerf. Who could ever have seen this coming?
  • Do you think hk will have deathmark? Would that be good in the str?
    "When life gives you lemons, throw them at someone"
  • IG75 wrote: »
    GG, B1, B2, Droideka and Magnaguard are the only real 'droids' and they've been synergised as such.

But he technically counts as one in game ;)
  • Since they’re obviously going to drastically change HK-47’s leader ability I thought I would state my hopes for HK-47 as a whole. My hope is that they find a way to sort of “integrate” aspects of his old leader ability (mostly the turn meter gain) into his new abilities, such as his unique ability, or special ability. Doing so would make it so that HK-47 is the only one affected by this bonus so that he can still attack somewhat more frequently while allowing for more droid (and others possibly since it’s still too early to tell) allies to be made without a major risk of causing infinite loops.
  • IG75
    26 posts Member
    IG75 wrote: »

But he technically counts as one in game ;)

Obviously ;)
  • Statement: EA needs a rework
  • Mucro wrote: »
    I have to disagree. HK was no fan of other droids, and apart from TM, didn't actually work with other droids. He was created by Revan and therefore should align with Revan. The addition of him in the original game is the oversight (the 'oh we should add some droids in. Does anyone know any other than R2 & 3po' moment) - now meaning he needs to be changed now as more characters have been added. This seems logical to me.

The other point is, that droids on there own shouldn't really constitute a faction (sorry fan boys) unless it's GG led era. IG for example is a bounty hunter who happens to be a droid, R2 again is a droid but assists the rebels. GG, B1, B2, Droideka and Magnaguard are the only real 'droids faction' and they've been synergised as such.

It's also clear that if they are giving us the leader mats back he won't be a leader any longer. Expect the rework to change his lead to a zeta unique and add another unique in

Well, I both agree and disagree here. By that logic, you shouldn't be able to make scoundrel teams either, or combine bounty hunters from different eras (or include bounty hunters who mostly worked alone).

And while it's true that most of the droids in the game have different faction alignments and come from different eras, they all still function on binary computer language, meaning there is nothing else than their software stopping them from integrating with eachothers' strenghts. Actually, if there wasn't any barrier in their masters' programming, they would have the perfect synergy with eachother. Kind of like how IG88 went rampant, and integrated himself with IG2000.

Its the purpose and lack of motivation which makes a difference to me.
    Would BHs work together to hunt down a particularly valueable target? Sure.
    Would the droids come together and fight together for any reason? Not really. Maybe the light side droids, to go on a mission against the empire. But light and dark side droids? I just dont see that happening.

The droid rebellion was actually touched on with l337 and the solo movie. So yes, if there really was a droid rebellion they would have something to come together for, fighting for their own rights and freedom.
  • They COULD rework HK to where he gets awesome DR synergy and great droid synergy too. Not gonna happen but...
  • Yeah CG already did many post before this Rework to get hopes down enough for Droids. IF the Rework would benefit droids (and Revan) we would get Zero information because its fine. No need to inform us If the lead is better at the end, i clearly expect the Cut of the entire lead (cause it fit the Revan Lore and it seems this Game is about "Care about Revan only" ). As i already mentioned at factions like Empire, Rebels with enough leads that wouldnt cause trouble If you get a better reworked character Back. HK Rework can also mean, Droid Tag but no synergy with this faction besides this tag which is less than R2, BB8, Chopper, L3 offered that are used with other factions too.
  • What, exactly, is the narrative justification for *any* of the droid characters having a leader tag? The one that comes the closest to being a leader in any of the source material is R2, and none of the droids from the squad he arguably led are even in the game.
  • CazNeerg wrote: »
    What, exactly, is the narrative justification for *any* of the droid characters having a leader tag? The one that comes the closest to being a leader in any of the source material is R2, and none of the droids from the squad he arguably led are even in the game.
    If you want to go down that path, there are a metric ton of characters with leader abilities that have no narrative justification for having them.
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    What, exactly, is the narrative justification for *any* of the droid characters having a leader tag? The one that comes the closest to being a leader in any of the source material is R2, and none of the droids from the squad he arguably led are even in the game.
    If you want to go down that path, there are a metric ton of characters with leader abilities that have no narrative justification for having them.

This

@CazNeerg
    L3 leads a Droid Rebellion
    IG88 lead his own copies
    Grievous lead Seperatist Droids

Cut HK and you are more or less left with Grievous since IG88 is more a (Bad) BH lead and while 3 viable leads for 16 faction toons would be solid, 1 (Grievous) lead isnt. Keep in mind Nobody see good enough future Droid leads since faction is really complet currently

Mostly early releases before they started focusing on synergy. Those should all lose the leader abilities too.
    MD_Geist wrote: »
    Droideka wrote: »

This

@CazNeerg
    IG88 lead his own copies

Cut HK and you are more or less left with Grievous since IG88 is more a (Bad) BH lead and while 3 viable leads for 16 faction toons would be solid, 1 (Grievous) lead isnt. Keep in mind Nobody see good enough future Droid leads since faction is really complet currently

I didn't mention Grievous because, despite how he is tagged, he isn't actually a droid.

IG88 leading his own copies is only relevant if they let you make a squad of IG-88 copies. L3's "rebellion" lasts about 30 seconds, and none of those droids are in the game.

Droids in Star Wars aren't leaders. They are literally built to be support characters.

Mostly early releases before they started focusing on synergy. Those should all lose the leader abilities too.

This

@CazNeerg
    IG88 lead his own copies

I didn't mention Grievous because, despite how he is tagged, he isn't actually a droid.

IG88 leading his own copies is only relevant if they let you make a squad of IG-88 copies. L3's "rebellion" lasts about 30 seconds, and none of those droids are in the game.

Droids in Star Wars aren't leaders. They are literally built to be support characters.
    Would you call Old Ben a leader? How about Farmboy Luke? Heck, even big names like Darth Maul weren’t ever leaders. He was literally raised to be a servant for Palpatine, aka a support. Yet they have leader abilities in game. Why? For fun. People love many factions, and those factions need leaders.
    Would you call Old Ben a leader? How about Farmboy Luke? Heck, even big names like Darth Maul weren’t ever leaders. He was literally raised to be a servant for Palpatine, aka a support. Yet they have leader abilities in game. Why? For fun. People love many factions, and those factions need leaders.

For fun? Old Ben and Farmboy Luke have leader tags for the same reason HK does, because the launch roster was anemic, and they needed more leaders. Whether it made sense for a given character or not. And the *version* of Darth Maul that has a leader tag shouldn't, but later versions should. He led both Savage Oppress and a massive criminal organization.

Found a well written answer on Reddit about Droid leads and that "droids are only Support for other factions":

"This is a nonsense statement. C-3PO, Chopper, and K2 are designed to work with other factions. Droideka and Magnaguard are designed to work with Separatists moreso than Droids or even specifically Separatist Droids. The 11 other droids in the game all either grant bonuses to other droids, get bonuses from being used with other droids, have Target Lock synergy, or some combination of the above.

And it's not like they recently changed this either; look at T3-M4's kit, which includes 2 zetas that literally only do anything when used with other droids, and basically no Old Republic synergy. Or L3's zeta which also is useless on a Prepared squad and only matters when she gets run with other droids. That refrain around here about how Jedi Training Rey is the best droid leader? Well, the core truth behind that is that JTR synergizes amazingly with BB-8, and BB-8 synergizes amazingly well with other droids.

Droid squads are a thing, they have arguably the oldest faction synergy in the game (back at release, HK, IG-86, IG-88 and Poggle was one of the few teams whose faction-specific benefits were strong enough that it mattered whether you ran them together or not), and to argue that "that's just not what droids are designed for" shows a complete lack of understanding of the faction."

From mstormcrow

• MD_Geist wrote: »

Found a well written answer on Reddit about Droid leads and that "droids are only Support for other factions":

"This is a nonsense statement. C-3PO, Chopper, and K2 are designed to work with other factions. Droideka and Magnaguard are designed to work with Separatists moreso than Droids or even specifically Separatist Droids. The 11 other droids in the game all either grant bonuses to other droids, get bonuses from being used with other droids, have Target Lock synergy, or some combination of the above.

And it's not like they recently changed this either; look at T3-M4's kit, which includes 2 zetas that literally only do anything when used with other droids, and basically no Old Republic synergy. Or L3's zeta which also is useless on a Prepared squad and only matters when she gets run with other droids. That refrain around here about how Jedi Training Rey is the best droid leader? Well, the core truth behind that is that JTR synergizes amazingly with BB-8, and BB-8 synergizes amazingly well with other droids.

Droid squads are a thing, they have arguably the oldest faction synergy in the game (back at release, HK, IG-86, IG-88 and Poggle was one of the few teams whose faction-specific benefits were strong enough that it mattered whether you ran them together or not), and to argue that "that's just not what droids are designed for" shows a complete lack of understanding of the faction."

From mstormcrow

Maybe I was being unclear; I wasn't saying the game was designed around droids not being leaders. I was talking about the narrative of Star Wars. There are virtually no droids who ever lead anything in the franchise, and in the extremely limited examples where they did, none of the droids who did the *following* of those droid leaders are in this game.

At launch, a lot of characters had leader abilities which (narratively speaking) they probably shouldn't have, because *somebody* needed to have leader abilities, and for whatever reason that hadn't included enough of the characters that actually warrant them. And, again displaying a lack of any kind of coherent plan, CG threw a leader ability on HK-47 to make up for the fact that none of the characters he is actually supposed to synergize with were in the game, and without a droid leader ability he had no real niche.

As new characters display much better overall design and faction synergy, it would be nice if reworks of older characters would start not just changing but *eliminating* leader abilities which never should have existed in the first place, like HK, Farmboy Luke, and Old Ben.

From mstormcrow

Maybe I was being unclear; I wasn't saying the game was designed around droids not being leaders. I was talking about the narrative of Star Wars. There are virtually no droids who ever lead anything in the franchise, and in the extremely limited examples where they did, none of the droids who did the *following* of those droid leaders are in this game.

At launch, a lot of characters had leader abilities which (narratively speaking) they probably shouldn't have, because *somebody* needed to have leader abilities, and for whatever reason that hadn't included enough of the characters that actually warrant them. And, again displaying a lack of any kind of coherent plan, CG threw a leader ability on HK-47 to make up for the fact that none of the characters he is actually supposed to synergize with were in the game, and without a droid leader ability he had no real niche.

As new characters display much better overall design and faction synergy, it would be nice if reworks of older characters would start not just changing but *eliminating* leader abilities which never should have existed in the first place, like HK, Farmboy Luke, and Old Ben.

Someone mentioned that at some point HK did lead a droid army
  • after this rework i cannot see hk-47 as a leader in a full droid-team.

to take away 40 turnmeter and give 20% critical damage instead isn‘t enough.

:-(
This discussion has been closed.