How do I beat Hound's Tooth?

I used to be ranked top 30 in my fleet shard, but lately I keep dropping and dropping, and it's all because I cannot beat fleet with HT...
What fleet would I need to use, or what of my ships needs some love? (and in this case, how?)

90% of my opponent teams are made of
team: HT + Ghost + Phantom
reinforcments: Vader, Biggs, Slave I

team: HT + Tie Silencer + Imperial Tie Fighter
reinforcments: Vader, Biggs, Slave I

team: Biggs + Tie Silencer + Imperial Tie Fighter
reinforcments: HT, Vader, Slave I

My best ships are: Tie Silencer, Slave I, FOTF, Tie Advanced, Biggs, JC, Imperial Tie Fighter, whereas Ghost, Phantom, Ahsoka, and Tie Reaper are so so. My best Capital Ships are Executrix and Chimaera

thanks for some help

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Having a ship that can call an assist with your best attacker + Chimera offense up.

I use Ghost + Vader + Cassian.

Vader buff remove + attack with offense up can do it.

I hear Ahsoka works but I have not tried her.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I used to dispatch HT fairly easily with TIE Silencer and FO TIE in my starting lineup, and Vader off the bench. Silencer's special when it has advantage, and FO TIE's Strafe, both do enough damage to hurt HT through its protection. If you can catch it with a dispel (Ahsoka/Reaper) before firing Overwhelming Advantage w/ the Advantage buff, that's almost a guaranteed instagib if your KRU is sufficiently geared up.

Otherwise you can bring in Vader to knock off whatever's left of him. I used Executrix up until I switched to H1 for the Falcon, but Chimaera will work also.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Hint: look at Slicer's pilot ability.
  • Target lock the hounds tooth, use Original Tie Fighter to apply buff imunity, go to town on Hounds tooth before he takes his turn. That's my typical strategy. Also bringing in ships like Phantom to do a lot of damage in 1 strike are nice too.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    My opening move is to attempt to stun HT with Silencer. If it lands, I can focus down a different ship with Vader basic + Biggs special/assist. If the stun doesn't land I hit HT with Vader to get the TL train going from his basic cleanse.

In Case 1 - I call in KRCS as first reinforcement.
    In Case 2 - I call in my own HT to share the beating that Biggs will take.

As long as Vader is still there by the next reinforcement it'll either be KRCS/HT depending on who was first, or I'll pull in FOTP and spam his special. Keep passing turns to Silencer with KRCS and he'll start hitting for 150k plus on his special.

This also worked a bit before I got KRCS and HT levelled up, but didn't have the option of who to call in.

I used to use Ashoka to strip buffs and gain health on arrival.
  • People on my fleet shard mainly use Ahsoka. Cassian and Ebon Hawk can dispel HT as well, and their mass dispel on reinforce also makes for a great counter to Han's Millennium Falcon.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    Only downside is if the initial target still has Breach, then HT is right back to taunting again.
  • wedge as reinforcement applies buff immunity to target, ive found that to be helpful
  • yuuzhanron
    174 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I had to break down and run the Chimaera. I don't like it, and I wish that I could have continued running Mace, but ultimately the one shot kill helps immensely with HT and it feels like it holds better on defense.
  • khelzac
    335 posts Member
    I use Vader to TL and attack as much as possible with Tie Silencer. Use Ghost/Phantom II as reinforcement; use Chimaera as Cap ship. After a couple turns, you should be able to knock it down easy enough, especially with offense up and advantage on Silencer special.

Another way to do it is to use dispel on enemy HT (I do it with Vader) and focus on enemy Vader. I usually avoid Silencer as AI is stupid. Take out The Fighter (Imperial) with only Vader/HT special. It grants too much TM to enemy cap ship.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Only downside is if the initial target still has Breach, then HT is right back to taunting again.

Dispels are still useful against HT even if Breach is out - it will remove all stacks of Protection Up and let the next hit do "real" damage.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    SanVegeta wrote: »
    My best ships are: Tie Silencer, Slave I, FOTF, Tie Advanced, Biggs, JC, Imperial Tie Fighter, whereas Ghost, Phantom, Ahsoka, and Tie Reaper are so so. My best Capital Ships are Executrix and Chimaera

thanks for some help

Either take it out with hard hits, use ITF's buff imunity (bringing it in as reinforcement works well for that) or use your Reaper to ensure, that your Chimaera uses its ultimate before your opponent to instantly defeat it.

• As a bounty hunter ships player that occasionally breaks rank 50, my biggest fears are TIE Advanced x1 and Ahsoka's Jedi Starfighter. I haven't studied just how they dismantle the Hound's Tooth, but I don't like it.
  • All right, with Chimaera it seems that I got a chance to beat the HT... I'm gonna learn to use it properly and see if I can go back to the top 30.
    thanks for the tips!!
  • MoBlaq
    580 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    What I do is call Cassian's U-Wing ship on first reinforcement and remove HT's taunt. Use his middle ability that calls an assist and select Han **** to kill opponents HMF. Then clean up the rest of the ships and kill HT last