Node Simming defaults to max value

The update says it was slightly altered to make it easier to do more attempts. It doesn't do that. It defaults to the max number of attempts every time.

This is good i guess when you are simming for toons, but not so much when you are simming for gear. I don't need 20 attempts to sim for 1 piece of salvage. People are going to waste a lot of energy this way that they didn't intend to use.

Replies

• Just need to retrain that muscle memory, I almost did it a few times but honestly I was maxing out the slider more often than not so I like this update.

Also I don't think the Devs will make a difference because unlike gems, you get a ton of energy everyday anyways.
  • needs to be reverted to the original, maybe have a default if guys want to sim 20 times/ dangerous lol
  • Oh no, poor guy!
    I am not even going to admit how many times I have messed up today...🙄😆
  • This needs to be fixed. I’ve accidentally burned crystals think I was doing multiple single sims when I actually did a max sim, then replenished.

It’s hard to say why they made this change other than to screw people. I don’t recall seeing anybody complaining about the way it was before.

I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • Node sim set to Max just makes you tap more to obtain the only one piece you want. And in a worse scenario makes you waste energy unnecessarily! Has happened to me quite a lot since change. Awful feature.
  • Definitely wasted max energy today after bonus energy, and for a piece that is easy to get
  • I love the new feature. I always spend my max energy to farm the characters, so this saves me a few annoying clicks at least 5 times a day.
    Good stuff!
  • I've wasted so much energy with thus, and I'm going for gear..
  • Pay attention. There fixed it for you
  • 90% of the time I sim max. From a QOL perspective this is very beneficial.
  • I don’t mind it for shard farming, but it’s terrible for gear farming.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I think this is a poor fix now, but will prove more beneficial in the future, after you restrain that muscle memory. They changed it so that lazy people would feel better, and it hurts people wanting to sim less than max, which makes it harmful currently. I already screwed up twice, knowing full well that this has been changed. But over time we will get used to it, build new muscle memory and it will become more beneficial for a majority of players. But previously I have not heard complaints about moving your finger to the right a little bit, so I’m not sure why they did this. The only way that I will see this fix as a money grab, however, is if they keep changing it back and forth.
  • I see what they're going for here, and maybe I just need more time to get used to the change, but I have a better idea.
    They should revert the change ONLY for battles that don't reward any char shards. So gear only battles would default to 1 attempt, and char battles would default to max.
    This would be perfect because when you're farming gear, more often that not, you're trying to go one battle at a time until you get the piece you need. Whereas with char farming, you're usually trying to spend as much energy as you have until you run out of attempts.
  • You know how you used to slide the bar to the right to sim in threes? Yeah go backwards, it’s not that difficult, you can do it. I believe in.