Version Update 3/13 - Quality of Life - [MEGA]

Replies

• For a complete QOL update, one thing is missing: delete Revan from the game
  • Just slide it the other way... I really doubt that people were doing one sim at a time, so you had to slide it anyway.

I’ve tried doing sims singlely and in batch, I feel like I get better odds going more rounds than just once. Especially on mods, just last night I ran a 9 sim batch and picked up 4 mods, spent 50 shards, ran 9 single sims and received 14.

• Please reverse the multiple sims, get better rewards running one at a time
    Also cant split them up if mass simmed
    Takes forever to change old habits
    My worst update issue 4sure
  • I like the idea of nodes remembering last slider setting.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Vanette337
    1 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    How do I turn off the sim slider that always puts it to max? Because its ridiculous how bad you get bent over on the drop rates when you just do 18 tries at once and after years of not doing it and becoming fast at it...this has made me mess up and waste energy. Especially since it doesnt have a memory so every new node its reset to max again...its hella annoying just put a stupid MAX SIM button on the tab instead like on a slot machine
  • The auto sim burning my entire energy stash is soooooo ANNOYING! Please change back. Its gotten me 4-5 times already. I like to sim 2-3 at a time, sometimes just 1. I got my own unique voodoo! Lol
    Also....why have a raid sim if everyone still has to join? Nobody new can join/participate in an already launched raid, so just send out the rewards to the entire group automatically. It was a step in the right direction though so thanks for that. Hopefully one day we can sim the Haat bcuz it’s the worst raid with the worst rewards. Takes 45 mins to get pieces of gear we already have thousands of.
    Lastly, the guild shortcut is gone for me now. It goes straight to the raids, then I have to go to the top right corner to get to the guild activities section or I have to scroll all the way to the left to get there from the home cantina screen. That actually added a step for me which is a bit annoying as being guild leader and having to do it 20-30 times a day.
  • Paleon
    27 posts Member
    I AM ****!! I HAVE TO CHANGE THE SIM TICKET FROM THE DEFAULT(MAXED TO MATCH MY ENERGY AVAILABLE) TO 1 TICKET EVERY TIME I GO TO USE A SIM TICKET!!! It wasn't like that before the patch and it's got me irrate. I'm losing energy because I have to reset the **** thi g to 1 every time! Change it back or I'm quitting this game! You won't get any more of my money.
  • I would prefer to see the slider go back to the last setting used, or default to 1 if that is not possible
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Ztyle wrote: »
    H3llD3R wrote: »
    2k4441abiv34.png

Obrigado.
    @H3llD3R
    On my device I get to the same screen pushing either of those buttons you highlighted, they just have different texts on them, but does the same

You've missed the point, he's saying thank you for implementing a feature he asked for in August.
  • Nexus01 wrote: »
    For a complete QOL update, one thing is missing: delete Revan from the game

I would be all for that.. +1 vote
  • This needs to be fixed now. I've tried to adjust to the change, but it's still driving me crazy.

I'm buying energy and wasting it, and it doesn't matter how many times I tell myself to not forget to set the slider back to 1, I'm still missing it. After playing this game for the past few years, and getting the flow of everything down, it's second nature to sim 1 at a time for gear. If I need more than one, I WILL MAKE THE DECISION TO MOVE THE SLIDER. By making this change to the slider, that seems NO ONE asked for, they're forcing us to break a habit for no reason.

I don't want to hear any comments about "just don't forget" or "just do the opposite from before". Again, did anyone ask for this change?!

"Node Simming Slider: The node simming slider logic has been adjusted to "slightly" reduce the number of taps to fully sim a node". This is not the garbage that we ended up with... and before it was 1 tap and a slide to adjust it to full, it wasn't hard or a time waste.

Again, I'm wasting energy, but knowing EA that's probably exactly what they want, and probably the very reason this is even a "problem". It seems more fitting that they made this change to screw us over that much more, I have very little faith this will be addressed. I dare you EA/CG, give us a comment explaining this.
  • Gryf
    95 posts Member
    Wow, this QOL update had some awesome changes that were really needed! Nice work, devs!
  • I keep playing this game for around three years now, which I enjoyed very much. But...

With these new characters, there’s no strategy, as because 48 out of 50 top players have the same team, with Revan in the lead, everyone would like to have the same characters to step forward in the arena and this is not good.
    Now Darth Revan is announced, I bet he will be the strongest Character, so shortly the arena teams will be the same again.

Dear developers, why don’t you differentiate the characters better to give us - the players - a wider window to assemble different teams which are powerful enough to beat arena characters? Why don’t you focus on team power instead of character power?
    Also I don’t understand how can Yoda be much easier to defeat than Revan? Or let’s have a look on Vader, who is so easy to beat. Why?

Thanks
  • KChat wrote: »
    The “Node Simming Slider” update is a solution no one asked for, to a problem no one had... Seems like they’re trying to make us inadvertently mis-spend energy. Garbage.

I 1000% agree. I have been playing this game since the beginning and just created an account so I could comment on how bad this part of the update was.
  • There is one thing I like about the new "QOL" update: adding the "Find" gear button for completed gear instead of just salvage. I'm still not comfortable with the new look gear screen as it is harder to read, but I assume I'll get used to it. Haven't found anything else improved yet.
  • I keep playing this game for around three years now, which I enjoyed very much. But...

With these new characters, there’s no strategy, as because 48 out of 50 top players have the same team, with Revan in the lead, everyone would like to have the same characters to step forward in the arena and this is not good.
    Now Darth Revan is announced, I bet he will be the strongest Character, so shortly the arena teams will be the same again.

Dear developers, why don’t you differentiate the characters better to give us - the players - a wider window to assemble different teams which are powerful enough to beat arena characters? Why don’t you focus on team power instead of character power?
    Also I don’t understand how can Yoda be much easier to defeat than Revan? Or let’s have a look on Vader, who is so easy to beat. Why?

Thanks

Vader was a day 1 toon. He was hard to get back then but you have to factor in that he’s been around for 3 years. The power creep is more like a power jump and the old toons quickly fade. You can blame the devs for sure on the power jumps because it’s all about maximizing profit rather than making a fun, fair, competitive gaming experience. Any time you see EA attached to a game, don’t expect anything other than a cash grab. 10 years ago, CG would have focused on a slow power creep and updated toons along the way to keep up. But...it’s 2019 and money is the only important thing.
  • The whole new gear interface sucks but the sim defaulting to max is the worst thing. I often only need one more item to finish off a certain piece, so I sim a node ONCE. I already count how often I have wasted all of my energy ina single go and was rewarded numerous superfluous items I will not need for months...

Thanks

I think this WAI. And it’s not just arena but also tw and ga.

In their defense they tried to single it out in only arena. Remember banning toons in tw.
    3v3 in ga. They are aware that one meta to rule them all. And it’s wai. They are just trying not to make it one meta in all pvp aspects but idk
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Gryf wrote: »
    Wow, this QOL update had some awesome changes that were really needed! Nice work, devs!

Actually NOTHING that was REALLY needed cept buff bar. Heck thats not a QOL more like a bug fix from OP toon kits...
  • One thing that I don’t know of was mentioned was a BIG TIME QOL update for me, was when you are tinkering with one of your characters or mods or anything. When you back out of it, it doesn’t restart you at the top of your roster. It keeps your screen to wherever you are scrolled to. THANK YOU. I know I complain a lot but that was a huge help for me bcuz I’m constantly obsessing and theory crafting and going back and forth to the same toon. Saves loads of time and scrolling.
  • Monel wrote: »
    I don't like the new sim policy as it is trying to make a choice for you. Maybe we are working on multiple characters and don't use all of the sims on a node. I can only guess that it is a strategy to "help" with energy spending but I can't speak for EA.

Make a choice for you? Because it now starts at max it's making a choice? When it started at the minimum it wasnt making a choice? Either way you slide the bar with your finger to decide how many battles you want to do. It's just whether you start at the minimum or the maximum. Sheesh, it's the same process just a different starting point.

It is the same as if you put something in your cart to purchase and instead of 1....they decide you really wanted 10.
  • Mercury90 wrote: »
    So far every comment I've seen from people that don't like new max sim bar can be summed up like this.

"I didn't pay attention to what was happening so clearly the devs are trying to punish me. I shouldn't have to pay attention to anything."

I mean play the game how you want, but don't blame the devs because you're too lazy to pay attention.

If you weren't doing one sim at a time before, you still have to move the slider. Personally I sim character shards so I'm quite happy with the update.

With all that being said, the technology to remember where you last set the bar is already there. It's currently in use. Maybe next update you can have it remember that even after the game closes and then this argument can disappear

Or to state it another way...we are accustomed to simming working a certain way and now we mut adapt. I'm not sure but did they say in the release notes that this change was happening? I might have just missed it.

Thanks

I think this an unfortunate side effect of power creep and continued profit need. They keep having to make better characters so people will spent money on them as gotta have for area. It's also why they have to keep reworking characters as older ones just can't keep up in general. It's also why they give impossible farming timelines in my opinion. People have to spend to get the new premium character at 7. At lest they don't do chromium only characters like they used to.
  • Is the fact that Sims are defaulting to the max you can do a part of this QoL thing because it's actually really annoying. You get better odds while farming if you SIM everything in 2s as opposed to the max. If this is a part of your QoL fixes I have to tell you I don't like it because I end up having to scroll all the way back through to do just 2 SIMS. Please change this back!
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    You don't get better odds at all. The odds are for each individual sim. If you throw 6 dice at a time versus 1 dice six times, each individual dice has a 1-in-6 chance of hitting a particular number.

And for proof, here are my last 4 Cantina farms:

Vet Chewie - 38.17%
    Qi'ra - 37.90%
    L3 - 37.43%
    Wedge - 35.56%

Currently on Mission Vao I'm 129/355 for 36.34%

I sim the max available every time.
  • Yep, I did it, signed on quickly to confirm I hadn't maxed out on my cantina energy (since I'm obviously saving my cantina energy for after guild activity reset today), then decided to sim one 12 energy node before signing off, since I was at 132 of 144. Sure enough, I accidentally spent all of my cantina energy doing the max number of matches. Yes, this is my fault for not paying attention, but the fact is that for two years the sim default has been set to 1. It was a great system that minimized chance of error--kind of the way they have that second screen asking you if you're sure you want to spend crystals or a zeta on something. Someone made a good point a few pages back about having your kids constantly switch your stereo volumn to max whenever you leave the room. All you need to do is forget to switch the dial back down one time and that one time will be too many.
    So here I am, another person who created an account on here to say PLEASE restore the sim default to 1.

Also, when you have new features like the buff toggling, maybe ensure that the pop-up updates about it don't show up in timed arena battles. I was frantically trying to close the pop-up info as quickly as possible because it was about the last thing I cared about with the timer running on an arena battle. So not only did it throw up an obstacle during my battle, but I didn't learn whatever it was you wanted me to learn from it because I was just trying to close it as quickly as possible.

On a positive note, I like that there's a leader tag now, since I was using the favorites tag for that and now I don't need to clutter my favorites with every leader there is. A visual indication might have been more useful since it would help quickly spot leaders when I'm filtered on large factions like rebels, but it's nice to see that someone is trying to make it easier to ensure that we can find leaders more easily, and have leaders in the leader spot by default.
  • Sack the developer and management for allowing sim set to maximum, hate it, I refuse to spend a dime until it fix, nobody in our clan like this sim maximum, just sort it NOW.
  • This qol sucks, the gear search is worse, the auto max sim for battles is terrible.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    I like how more people are realising that when CG says "QOL" it actually mean Quality of life for CG/EA's wallets.
  • L053R
    15 posts Member
    I have counted at least 10 people including me who have created an account just to voice the dislike of the new slider. If you notice who these people are, they are long time gamers, not forum spammers. This in itself says a lot.