Recognize "Original Guilds" with OG tags

As a sign of respect to the guilds that helped build the SWGOH community, it would be awesome if the Original Guilds were given a type of badge signifying that they have been there since the beginning.

Qualifications:
- Active guilds only
- The guild must have been formed in the first week of guild functionally being released

It would be a great way to recognize guilds that have been with the game since the beginning.

It's kind of like how in Hockey there are 31 teams, but everyone recognizes the original six (Boston Bruins, Chicago Black Hawks, Detroit Red Wings, Montreal Canadiens, New York Rangers and Toronto Maple Leafs).

Replies

• A little snoob? Plus Ice hockey is not a popular sport around the world... so bad example!
  • lmao very Snoob. get over yourself.

Lol. You wouldn't qualify, would you cupcake?
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Your OG guild has 90m GP. I don't think there should be an OG badge, but maybe there should be the option of special colours or logos made available when they reach certain GP levels.
  • GP is recognized by matching against other guilds in wars. Congratulations if your guild has a high GP!

But there were only a finite number of guilds in the game when guilds launched. Recognition of the tenure of those guilds in no way diminishes the amazing accomplishments of newer guilds.

• That'd be a cool idea, actually!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I'm in a "OG" guild, but i don't really care for this idea. We've lost so many members over the years that there are only a few of us left that have been in the guild since the start. The overwhelming majority of our members just so happen to have joined a guild that was formed in the first week.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Same as the Chicago Blackhawks
  • gflegui wrote: »
    A little snoob? Plus Ice hockey is not a popular sport around the world... so bad example!

So you're not a hockey fan. That's completely fine. Pick a sport that you think is popular around the world, and I'll use the mighty power of Google to name original teams from a league within that sport.

You said "popular around the world" so let's keep the discussion limited to your definition.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    gflegui wrote: »
    A little snoob? Plus Ice hockey is not a popular sport around the world... so bad example!

So you're not a hockey fan. That's completely fine. Pick a sport that you think is popular around the world, and I'll use the mighty power of Google to name original teams from a league within that sport.

You said "popular around the world" so let's keep the discussion limited to your definition.

footbal/soccer is probably the most popular sport around the world.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    lmao very Snoob. get over yourself.

Lol. You wouldn't qualify, would you cupcake?

Did someone say cupcakes???????
  • gflegui
    294 posts Member
    Ok... tennis! Good luck finding teams!
    gflegui wrote: »

• ClubberLangIII
    372 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Tennis, huh?

Let's look at the oldest tennis tournament in the world.

Wimbledon's prestige as the original tennis tournament in no way diminishes the achievements of players who win the other majors, but Wimbledon is given respect for the age and impact it has had on the sport of tennis.
  • gflegui
    294 posts Member
    You know there is a tennis tournament played by teams?
  • Are you talking about doubles tennis at Wimbledon?
  • gflegui
    294 posts Member
    Nope! Davis Cup! :p:p