Why Are the Three Main Raids VS. Bad Guys? (Theoretically Bad Guys)

Prev13
L053R
15 posts Member
edited March 2019
I have wondered this since I have begun this game.

* The Pit: Vs The Rancor, Essentially a bad guy because he/she is never shown in a light other than destructive. Plus it actually eats people which is awesome.

* Sith Triumphant: Vs Darth Nihilus, Darth Sion, Darth Traya

* Tank Takedown: Vs General Grievous

None of these are bad raids, I just think that it is funny that none of them are centered on going after the Jedi. In many games of the past the developers have found ways for the customer to make a choice of going down the Light vs Dark paths. YES we can go against every one of these raids using Dark Side toons, BUT Why cant we whoop up on Some Jedi?

So I am not here to complain. It is just a simple observation. I apologize if this has been hashed over already and answered. If it is please direct me to that thread so I can read it in full.

My Suggestion if it has not already been hashed over. In the next major client update. Consider creating a 4th Major Raid. Vs Jedi.

Throw at us, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Mace, Yoda, Qui-Gon and others. BALANCE THE FORCE here and let us "Darksiders" bring the war.

Replies

• I still think they should make a raid against younglings.
  • L053R
    15 posts Member
    That also would be a viable raid. It is just so lopsided right now
  • We already have an OR raid (Sith) OT Raid (Rancor) and a prequel raid (GG).

Expect to see a sequel era raid this year coinciding with Ep9.

But it can’t be based on Ep9 without spoilers.

My bet is Snoke in his throne room where you need to kill the praetorian guards.
  • Yeah make a jedi raid, raid the jedi temple (order 66) and could do some sort of bonus dmg for clones and sith
  • And bonus phase were you have to younglings with anakin
  • Order 66 raid to correspond with the return of Clone Wars would be amazing... and this from a guy who plays primarily light side. Daring to dream!
  • Esmatt
    11 posts Member
    When jedi luke is finally released in the game it’s because he’s the boss in a raid.
  • L053R
    15 posts Member
    slickdealer: your post is exactly what I am afraid of, Another Raid vs the "Bad Guy"

GunnerFCm: Order 66 would be awesome
  • L053R wrote: »
    slickdealer: your post is exactly what I am afraid of, Another Raid vs the "Bad Guy"

Star Wars is typically David vs Goliath with the good guys as underdogs.

Not much of a raid when you are overwhelming favorites.

Order 66 was over in no time.
  • L053R wrote: »

You see a enemy jedi and/or rebel hero, and you are just a imperial trooper.

Now whos david and whos Goliath?
  • Order 66 was over in no time.

Except that it wasn't. If you go down the rabbit hole that is the tv shows/novels/comics canon, some Jedi and Apprentice escaped or took time to hunt down (E.G. Kanan Jarrus.) There was even a group of force sensitive darksiders led by the Inquisitor tasked with hunting down the Jedi who escaped the initial onslaught. Order 66 only worked as well as it did because the majority of Jedi were overwhelmed by large numbers... No single clone or small group could hope to stand up to a Jedi, so it took multiple squads to take each one out. Multiple squads coordinating together to take out a single opponent they couldn't hope to beat alone... Hmm... I wonder what kind of game mechanic that might work for... :smiley:

• Youngling raid coming soon!
  • HarryTDF
    417 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    L053R wrote: »

It would be a great raid. Pretty sure general Kenobi fight vs grievous alone was longer then the 2 minute Luke vs rancor fight yet it is a raid. Would be a good way to start it off?
  • So many things they could do with order 66. Even events leading up to it.
  • Yeah dude an Order 66 raid would be beast. It most likely would take place in the raid of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. 4 phases of fighting different Jedi masters like Cin Drallig, Shaak Ti, etc
  • #badlivesmatter
  • My bet is Snoke in his throne room where you need to kill the praetorian guards.

100% on board with this. Bonuses for KRU and JTR as a team.
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    besides the order 66 raid, they could potentially do one for episode 8 on the salt planet. 3 waves of going through troops (either finn/rose/other people are the boss each stage as normal, or they makeus fight them in there ships while we are on foot) and the final one being against jedi master luke.

phase 1- either a ship section (before we land on the planet) or a fight with soldiers on the ground
    phase 2- finn in his gound ship thing with other ships or ground people. (we are still on the ground)
    phase 3- soilders with generic boss (kinda like tank phase 3)
    phase 4- jedi luke
  • AbrekV
    54 posts Member
    Ye make Jedi Knight Revan a raid boss :D
  • I’d like to hear more ideas.
  • Or one raid where th guild officers choose if the reward is going to be light or dark, with slight adjustments per alignment choosing. say a order 6 raid, where you either go against the jedi, or clones. Episode 3 kenobi as dark side reward and a new clone for light side rewards(leader that makes clones near meta)
  • Order 66 features the most emotionally satisfying scenes in the Skywalker movies, would make a great raid.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Order 66 raid: The Jedi bosses have their backs to you, and you just keep shooting them until they're dead.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    Order 66 raid: The Jedi bosses have their backs to you, and you just keep shooting them until they're dead.

Then they would nerf everyone because of endless loops
  • Hoth Invaders.
    phase 1 - Ships blockading the rebel transports, though you're really just taking out the support X-wings etc. The planetary ion canon could instantly kill one of your ships or knock out a random ability on the capital ship.
    phase 2 - AT-AT targeting the rebels lines and p-towers, snowspeeders, and shield generators.
    phase 3 - Wampa pack rampaging the base. (IIRC, there's some cut/lost footage of a bunch of them storming the base.) Could couple them with Imperial Probe Droids (I don't think they'd make a good phase on their own), and it could be a new mechanic of running a squad based on what your guild can contribute...sorta like how the guild contributes to a squad in TB, but now someone in your guild then takes the squad and runs with it.
    phase 4 - Just some classic Vader and snowtrooper & misc. imperial troopers unloading on the Millennium Falcon till it can escape.
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    Endor raid, with shield generator, Palp + Vader and, finally, a ship battle to bring down the Death Star. Jedi Luke reward. Do it, CG!!
  • mvmss wrote: »
    Endor raid, with shield generator, Palp + Vader and, finally, a ship battle to bring down the Death Star. Jedi Luke reward. Do it, CG!!

Raids against LS characters
  • Kailen
    90 posts Member
    The problem with raids against light side characters is you're suppose to win the raid at the end. And Star Wars is ultimately a kid's show simplistically where the good guys always triumph over the bad guys.
  • Kailen wrote: »
    The problem with raids against light side characters is you're suppose to win the raid at the end. And Star Wars is ultimately a kid's show simplistically where the good guys always triumph over the bad guys.

Except that it's not. The prequels were a three movie sequence about the bad guys winning in the end. The Clone Wars is an entire series about a war where both sides were being run by the same sociopathic monster.