Phoenix vs. Phoenix Matchups?

Whats a simple strategy I can use to beat other Phoenix teams in Arena? I face other Phoenix teams with 8,000 less power than I have and still get crushed. Tips?

Replies

• Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Proper modding will make or break Phoenix mirror matches.

Based on your 8000 less power comment, I'd gather you're better geared than they are, so that's probably not the issue.

You need to be faster and survive longer. Ezra needs to hit really hard and your debuffs need to stick.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Proper modding will make or break Phoenix mirror matches.

Based on your 8000 less power comment, I'd gather you're better geared than they are, so that's probably not the issue.

You need to be faster and survive longer. Ezra needs to hit really hard and your debuffs need to stick.
    I usually have about the same/better gear. I’m working on getting good mods for them all. My team is currently 50k power and I still lose to teams with 40-45k power, yet all they have is health mods. All of my Phoenix are 7* (except sabine, I dont use her)
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    The issue is probably one of speed. If you can't t take more turns than they can, their extra health from all the health mod set bonuses will carry them through to either a draw, or a really long painful loss for you.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    What mods should I put on characters? I’m working on good speed mods for Chopper, I’ve got CritChance+CritDamage on Ezra, Potency on Zeb, the best health mods I have on Kanan, and speed for hera.

• Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    Do you have a link to your profile on swgoh.gg? We could give better advice after seeing what you have.
  • liamx27
    60 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I can’t get zetas yet, and I’m working on getting all of their abilities up as high as possible. The account is pretty new and only lvl 72
    https://swgoh.gg/p/536817222/characters/
  • It looks like the issue is mods. You don’t have any speed on Kanan, Zeb, or Chopper, and your Ezra and Hera are very slow. Spend some time focusing to get at least a 5 star speed primary mod for each of them. Then focus on getting the fastest speed secondaries you can for them. The faster the better. Ideally for secondaries and primaries you want potency mods on Zeb, crit chance and crit damage on Ezra, Protection and health on Kanan and Chopper, and Hera is the most flexible whatever you can get on her should be fine. And don’t stop farming gear and shards until your team is g8 or g9 and 7 stars. That’s what you need for a 7 star Thrawn. After you get a 7 star Thrawn it’s recommended that you go for either an Empire or Jedi team and then you are a bit more free to choose what characters you want to work towards. Hope this was helpful. Just keep in mind that mods are the most important part of the game.
  • You need better mods very badly. I’d recommend at least 3x energy refresh on mod energy until at a bare minimum you have 5 dot speed arrows on everyone. You’ll want around +80-100 speed to be competitive at your level. Later on you’ll need around 120-150 extra speed from mods. Best part about mods though is that once you find good ones, you can transfer them to new teams as you switch up your lineup.
  • liamx27
    60 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Okay so the mod situation is a lot different. My swgoh.gg has not updated, so my mods just look like health mods on everyone. i’ve got a couple speed mods and such on characters now. And Zeb has a potency set actually, but yesterday he had health mods.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    The issue is probably one of speed. If you can't t take more turns than they can, their extra health from all the health mod set bonuses will carry them through to either a draw, or a really long painful loss for you.
    While speed is important, it is also worth noting that health and protection are particularly powerful when you first gain access to mods and your characters have limited durability.
  • Here's my updated mod list
    https://swgoh.gg/p/536817222/mods/
  • You have 9 mods with a speed secondary...
    https://swgoh.gg/p/536817222/mods/?stat2_5=1&undefined=&sort=secondary_stat_5&sort_direction=desc

It's not "speed set" mods you need but mods with good speed secondaries.
    Also speed arrows on all. Only arrows can have their primary stat as speed.