New update...Watch out when you sim!

Replies

  • leef
    13175 posts Member
    Kiser76 wrote: »
    I like this change quite a bit. I always sim the maximum amount that I can. Always.

    And for the record this has nothing to do with being a F2P, P2P, Whale, Dolphin, Kraken, whatever. I have a very healthy crystal income :wink:

    I think you are probably in the minority in the game. At least, I hope you are. Otherwise, if everyone was or is like you, then no one would be playing the game really. I mean, how much time on the game are you spending when just jumping in and spending all of your energy in just a few clicks. Doesn't sound like you "like" to be in the game much. Not trying to insult you. Just saying what it appears to be. I like to spend a little more time than that on the game. We already don't get very much time with the free energy we get. I am far from a free to play player. But, I do not spend money on it every day. Maybe once every two weeks. But still. You should not be able to accidentally burn all of your energy in an accidental click. Especially when you've been conditioned to start off with one at a time. They can make it remember your last entry and put it back in every time. Even when changing battles. This will make everyone happy.

    i think it's reasonable to assume most players actually sim max way more often than sim per 1/2/3, why else would ea/cg consider this a QoL upgrade?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nihion
    2230 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Kiser76 wrote: »
    I like this change quite a bit. I always sim the maximum amount that I can. Always.

    And for the record this has nothing to do with being a F2P, P2P, Whale, Dolphin, Kraken, whatever. I have a very healthy crystal income :wink:

    I think you are probably in the minority in the game. At least, I hope you are. Otherwise, if everyone was or is like you, then no one would be playing the game really. I mean, how much time on the game are you spending when just jumping in and spending all of your energy in just a few clicks. Doesn't sound like you "like" to be in the game much. Not trying to insult you. Just saying what it appears to be. I like to spend a little more time than that on the game. We already don't get very much time with the free energy we get. I am far from a free to play player. But, I do not spend money on it every day. Maybe once every two weeks. But still. You should not be able to accidentally burn all of your energy in an accidental click. Especially when you've been conditioned to start off with one at a time. They can make it remember your last entry and put it back in every time. Even when changing battles. This will make everyone happy.

    i think it's reasonable to assume most players actually sim max way more often than sim per 1/2/3, why else would ea/cg consider this a QoL upgrade?

    I agree with leef here in the sense that I don’t think the majority of people would like to spend more time on this game...
  • Kiser76 wrote: »
    The question here is, roughly, how many people actually burn all of their energy at one time. I do not think that would come out to be the majority. I mean, how much time would everyone be spending on the game at that rate. I don't want to be on and back off that quick. May just be me though. It did get me twice now. **** reflexes!!! I do not like the change.

    Not just you. The main problem has been when trying to get individual pieces of salvage (such as an mk2 holo), and then burning all the energy on it because of the slider. That’s not pleasant.
  • Nihion
    2230 posts Member
    Kiser76 wrote: »
    The question here is, roughly, how many people actually burn all of their energy at one time. I do not think that would come out to be the majority. I mean, how much time would everyone be spending on the game at that rate. I don't want to be on and back off that quick. May just be me though. It did get me twice now. **** reflexes!!! I do not like the change.

    Not just you. The main problem has been when trying to get individual pieces of salvage (such as an mk2 holo), and then burning all the energy on it because of the slider. That’s not pleasant.

    That’s not pleasant...

    ... right now. We’ll all adapt, and the complaints will be gone in a month.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    Kiser76 wrote: »
    The question here is, roughly, how many people actually burn all of their energy at one time. I do not think that would come out to be the majority. I mean, how much time would everyone be spending on the game at that rate. I don't want to be on and back off that quick. May just be me though. It did get me twice now. **** reflexes!!! I do not like the change.

    Not just you. The main problem has been when trying to get individual pieces of salvage (such as an mk2 holo), and then burning all the energy on it because of the slider. That’s not pleasant.

    That’s not pleasant...

    ... right now. We’ll all adapt, and the complaints will be gone in a month.

    Maybe...

    ... or maybe not. Maybe the feature will be gone in a month, but time will tell.
  • Nihion
    2230 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    Kiser76 wrote: »
    The question here is, roughly, how many people actually burn all of their energy at one time. I do not think that would come out to be the majority. I mean, how much time would everyone be spending on the game at that rate. I don't want to be on and back off that quick. May just be me though. It did get me twice now. **** reflexes!!! I do not like the change.

    Not just you. The main problem has been when trying to get individual pieces of salvage (such as an mk2 holo), and then burning all the energy on it because of the slider. That’s not pleasant.

    That’s not pleasant...

    ... right now. We’ll all adapt, and the complaints will be gone in a month.

    Maybe...

    ... or maybe not. Maybe the feature will be gone in a month, but time will tell.

    It would be worse if they reverted the change. Build muscle memory, they switch it, get some extra cash from slip ups, switch it back, more cash from more slip ups. Trust me, we all adapt. They used to bring you to the first node on every tier of dark side and light Side battles when you opened it, causing you to possibly sim the wrong node. But we all got past the muscle memory and it was fine in a month or less.
  • leef wrote: »
    Kiser76 wrote: »
    I like this change quite a bit. I always sim the maximum amount that I can. Always.

    And for the record this has nothing to do with being a F2P, P2P, Whale, Dolphin, Kraken, whatever. I have a very healthy crystal income :wink:

    I think you are probably in the minority in the game. At least, I hope you are. Otherwise, if everyone was or is like you, then no one would be playing the game really. I mean, how much time on the game are you spending when just jumping in and spending all of your energy in just a few clicks. Doesn't sound like you "like" to be in the game much. Not trying to insult you. Just saying what it appears to be. I like to spend a little more time than that on the game. We already don't get very much time with the free energy we get. I am far from a free to play player. But, I do not spend money on it every day. Maybe once every two weeks. But still. You should not be able to accidentally burn all of your energy in an accidental click. Especially when you've been conditioned to start off with one at a time. They can make it remember your last entry and put it back in every time. Even when changing battles. This will make everyone happy.

    i think it's reasonable to assume most players actually sim max way more often than sim per 1/2/3, why else would ea/cg consider this a QoL upgrade?

    I really hope you are wrong about player max simming. I think the dev's would rather you spend more time on the game than a few clicks and energy's done. Would seem like people don't really care to be in the game long. Just my opinion.
  • Nihion
    2230 posts Member
    Kiser76 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Kiser76 wrote: »
    I like this change quite a bit. I always sim the maximum amount that I can. Always.

    And for the record this has nothing to do with being a F2P, P2P, Whale, Dolphin, Kraken, whatever. I have a very healthy crystal income :wink:

    I think you are probably in the minority in the game. At least, I hope you are. Otherwise, if everyone was or is like you, then no one would be playing the game really. I mean, how much time on the game are you spending when just jumping in and spending all of your energy in just a few clicks. Doesn't sound like you "like" to be in the game much. Not trying to insult you. Just saying what it appears to be. I like to spend a little more time than that on the game. We already don't get very much time with the free energy we get. I am far from a free to play player. But, I do not spend money on it every day. Maybe once every two weeks. But still. You should not be able to accidentally burn all of your energy in an accidental click. Especially when you've been conditioned to start off with one at a time. They can make it remember your last entry and put it back in every time. Even when changing battles. This will make everyone happy.

    i think it's reasonable to assume most players actually sim max way more often than sim per 1/2/3, why else would ea/cg consider this a QoL upgrade?

    I really hope you are wrong about player max simming. I think the dev's would rather you spend more time on the game than a few clicks and energy's done. Would seem like people don't really care to be in the game long. Just my opinion.

    Oh I think there’s certainly enough content to keep you “in the game” long, if not too much...
  • Nihion wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Kiser76 wrote: »
    I like this change quite a bit. I always sim the maximum amount that I can. Always.

    And for the record this has nothing to do with being a F2P, P2P, Whale, Dolphin, Kraken, whatever. I have a very healthy crystal income :wink:

    I think you are probably in the minority in the game. At least, I hope you are. Otherwise, if everyone was or is like you, then no one would be playing the game really. I mean, how much time on the game are you spending when just jumping in and spending all of your energy in just a few clicks. Doesn't sound like you "like" to be in the game much. Not trying to insult you. Just saying what it appears to be. I like to spend a little more time than that on the game. We already don't get very much time with the free energy we get. I am far from a free to play player. But, I do not spend money on it every day. Maybe once every two weeks. But still. You should not be able to accidentally burn all of your energy in an accidental click. Especially when you've been conditioned to start off with one at a time. They can make it remember your last entry and put it back in every time. Even when changing battles. This will make everyone happy.

    i think it's reasonable to assume most players actually sim max way more often than sim per 1/2/3, why else would ea/cg consider this a QoL upgrade?

    I agree with leef here in the sense that I don’t think the majority of people would like to spend more time on this game...

    That in itself, is a sad statement.
  • Nihion
    2230 posts Member
    Kiser76 wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Kiser76 wrote: »
    I like this change quite a bit. I always sim the maximum amount that I can. Always.

    And for the record this has nothing to do with being a F2P, P2P, Whale, Dolphin, Kraken, whatever. I have a very healthy crystal income :wink:

    I think you are probably in the minority in the game. At least, I hope you are. Otherwise, if everyone was or is like you, then no one would be playing the game really. I mean, how much time on the game are you spending when just jumping in and spending all of your energy in just a few clicks. Doesn't sound like you "like" to be in the game much. Not trying to insult you. Just saying what it appears to be. I like to spend a little more time than that on the game. We already don't get very much time with the free energy we get. I am far from a free to play player. But, I do not spend money on it every day. Maybe once every two weeks. But still. You should not be able to accidentally burn all of your energy in an accidental click. Especially when you've been conditioned to start off with one at a time. They can make it remember your last entry and put it back in every time. Even when changing battles. This will make everyone happy.

    i think it's reasonable to assume most players actually sim max way more often than sim per 1/2/3, why else would ea/cg consider this a QoL upgrade?

    I agree with leef here in the sense that I don’t think the majority of people would like to spend more time on this game...

    That in itself, is a sad statement.

    In total, I spend about 2 hours a day actively doing things in game. That, in my opinion, is a sad statement, because it takes that much time out of reality (I have a real life too!) in order to keep up with the games pace and maximize rewards. There’s a lot to do when you think about it. And I enjoy the game as well, sometimes I play out GW when I have time, and I keep it on 1x speed to view the awesome effects. Don’t get me wrong, I love playing this game, but 2 hours a day is more than enough.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    Kiser76 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Kiser76 wrote: »
    I like this change quite a bit. I always sim the maximum amount that I can. Always.

    And for the record this has nothing to do with being a F2P, P2P, Whale, Dolphin, Kraken, whatever. I have a very healthy crystal income :wink:

    I think you are probably in the minority in the game. At least, I hope you are. Otherwise, if everyone was or is like you, then no one would be playing the game really. I mean, how much time on the game are you spending when just jumping in and spending all of your energy in just a few clicks. Doesn't sound like you "like" to be in the game much. Not trying to insult you. Just saying what it appears to be. I like to spend a little more time than that on the game. We already don't get very much time with the free energy we get. I am far from a free to play player. But, I do not spend money on it every day. Maybe once every two weeks. But still. You should not be able to accidentally burn all of your energy in an accidental click. Especially when you've been conditioned to start off with one at a time. They can make it remember your last entry and put it back in every time. Even when changing battles. This will make everyone happy.

    i think it's reasonable to assume most players actually sim max way more often than sim per 1/2/3, why else would ea/cg consider this a QoL upgrade?

    I really hope you are wrong about player max simming. I think the dev's would rather you spend more time on the game than a few clicks and energy's done. Would seem like people don't really care to be in the game long. Just my opinion.

    Oh I think there’s certainly enough content to keep you “in the game” long, if not too much...

    I disagree. If I max sim everything, do my two pvp battles, do my one ships battle, sim the events and sim the challenges, how much time do you really think a person spent doing the dailies? Not much of an investment anymore. Not really even playing the game. Sure, there are some things I would rather sim. But, I do not want to throw all of my energy in on one thing. I don't think the majority do either. Anyways, can anyone tell me if the change was intentional? I haven't read the update yet.
  • Kiser76 wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Kiser76 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Kiser76 wrote: »
    I like this change quite a bit. I always sim the maximum amount that I can. Always.

    And for the record this has nothing to do with being a F2P, P2P, Whale, Dolphin, Kraken, whatever. I have a very healthy crystal income :wink:

    I think you are probably in the minority in the game. At least, I hope you are. Otherwise, if everyone was or is like you, then no one would be playing the game really. I mean, how much time on the game are you spending when just jumping in and spending all of your energy in just a few clicks. Doesn't sound like you "like" to be in the game much. Not trying to insult you. Just saying what it appears to be. I like to spend a little more time than that on the game. We already don't get very much time with the free energy we get. I am far from a free to play player. But, I do not spend money on it every day. Maybe once every two weeks. But still. You should not be able to accidentally burn all of your energy in an accidental click. Especially when you've been conditioned to start off with one at a time. They can make it remember your last entry and put it back in every time. Even when changing battles. This will make everyone happy.

    i think it's reasonable to assume most players actually sim max way more often than sim per 1/2/3, why else would ea/cg consider this a QoL upgrade?

    I really hope you are wrong about player max simming. I think the dev's would rather you spend more time on the game than a few clicks and energy's done. Would seem like people don't really care to be in the game long. Just my opinion.

    Oh I think there’s certainly enough content to keep you “in the game” long, if not too much...

    I disagree. If I max sim everything, do my two pvp battles, do my one ships battle, sim the events and sim the challenges, how much time do you really think a person spent doing the dailies? Not much of an investment anymore. Not really even playing the game. Sure, there are some things I would rather sim. But, I do not want to throw all of my energy in on one thing. I don't think the majority do either. Anyways, can anyone tell me if the change was intentional? I haven't read the update yet.

    It was intentional and part of QOL, from my understanding.

  • Nihion
    2230 posts Member
    Kiser76 wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Kiser76 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Kiser76 wrote: »
    I like this change quite a bit. I always sim the maximum amount that I can. Always.

    And for the record this has nothing to do with being a F2P, P2P, Whale, Dolphin, Kraken, whatever. I have a very healthy crystal income :wink:

    I think you are probably in the minority in the game. At least, I hope you are. Otherwise, if everyone was or is like you, then no one would be playing the game really. I mean, how much time on the game are you spending when just jumping in and spending all of your energy in just a few clicks. Doesn't sound like you "like" to be in the game much. Not trying to insult you. Just saying what it appears to be. I like to spend a little more time than that on the game. We already don't get very much time with the free energy we get. I am far from a free to play player. But, I do not spend money on it every day. Maybe once every two weeks. But still. You should not be able to accidentally burn all of your energy in an accidental click. Especially when you've been conditioned to start off with one at a time. They can make it remember your last entry and put it back in every time. Even when changing battles. This will make everyone happy.

    i think it's reasonable to assume most players actually sim max way more often than sim per 1/2/3, why else would ea/cg consider this a QoL upgrade?

    I really hope you are wrong about player max simming. I think the dev's would rather you spend more time on the game than a few clicks and energy's done. Would seem like people don't really care to be in the game long. Just my opinion.

    Oh I think there’s certainly enough content to keep you “in the game” long, if not too much...

    I disagree. If I max sim everything, do my two pvp battles, do my one ships battle, sim the events and sim the challenges, how much time do you really think a person spent doing the dailies? Not much of an investment anymore. Not really even playing the game. Sure, there are some things I would rather sim. But, I do not want to throw all of my energy in on one thing. I don't think the majority do either. Anyways, can anyone tell me if the change was intentional? I haven't read the update yet.

    It seems intentional. You forgot about the other 3 pvp battles, unsimmable events such as Assault Battles, raids, TW, TB, GA, the other 4 ship arena battles, and possibly GW, if you haven’t gotten to 50 yet. There’s enough besides just daily activities.
  • Gannon
    1473 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    Kiser76 wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Kiser76 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Kiser76 wrote: »
    I like this change quite a bit. I always sim the maximum amount that I can. Always.

    And for the record this has nothing to do with being a F2P, P2P, Whale, Dolphin, Kraken, whatever. I have a very healthy crystal income :wink:

    I think you are probably in the minority in the game. At least, I hope you are. Otherwise, if everyone was or is like you, then no one would be playing the game really. I mean, how much time on the game are you spending when just jumping in and spending all of your energy in just a few clicks. Doesn't sound like you "like" to be in the game much. Not trying to insult you. Just saying what it appears to be. I like to spend a little more time than that on the game. We already don't get very much time with the free energy we get. I am far from a free to play player. But, I do not spend money on it every day. Maybe once every two weeks. But still. You should not be able to accidentally burn all of your energy in an accidental click. Especially when you've been conditioned to start off with one at a time. They can make it remember your last entry and put it back in every time. Even when changing battles. This will make everyone happy.

    i think it's reasonable to assume most players actually sim max way more often than sim per 1/2/3, why else would ea/cg consider this a QoL upgrade?

    I really hope you are wrong about player max simming. I think the dev's would rather you spend more time on the game than a few clicks and energy's done. Would seem like people don't really care to be in the game long. Just my opinion.

    Oh I think there’s certainly enough content to keep you “in the game” long, if not too much...

    I disagree. If I max sim everything, do my two pvp battles, do my one ships battle, sim the events and sim the challenges, how much time do you really think a person spent doing the dailies? Not much of an investment anymore. Not really even playing the game. Sure, there are some things I would rather sim. But, I do not want to throw all of my energy in on one thing. I don't think the majority do either. Anyways, can anyone tell me if the change was intentional? I haven't read the update yet.

    It seems intentional. You forgot about the other 3 pvp battles, unsimmable events such as Assault Battles, raids, TW, TB, GA, the other 4 ship arena battles, and possibly GW, if you haven’t gotten to 50 yet. There’s enough besides just daily activities.

    If I actually play thru everything, there's still only maybe an hour of content every day. If you sim everything, just do enough to finish dailies and tix, it's much much less.
    That's not including war and arena, as those can offer much more playing time and can't really be simmed or auto'd. which is why they are my favorite. I enjoy playing the game, and would love to see more content.
    (How about guild/ally practice arena!?)

    But I don't get why removing one extra click made the cut, considering the higher risk of blowing energy now that it defaults to max.
  • Well, I blew my afternoon bonus energy on a low 6 energy gear for a gear piece I only needed 1 of...again.
    So I Macgyverized a fix, a DIY Qol upgrade...
    321g8yabvzdr.jpg
  • leef wrote: »
    Terzana wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Terzana wrote: »
    Put your money where your mouth is. Run an experiment, keep a spreadsheet, and post your results.

    So where's your spreadsheet?

    We did it years ago. I could fake a spreadsheet, why would you believe me? It's time for you to prove it to yourself... Or not lol. It's not up to me what you believe. Only you can prove it yourself. You are the only one you'll believe. What are you afraid of?

    Math is math. It doesn't lie or frame statistics in a certain way. People do that. Do your own math :) maybe you'll prove me wrong.

    Right, well it seems a bit weird to tell others to "put their money where their mouth is" while not puttig the money where your mouth is yourself.
    I'm actually not the only one i would believe. I was also geniuily curious to see your spreadsheet so i could judge.

    I don't have them. The officers had them. But the part where you said you're lazy, I agree. I've never played a game before that was played by so many people that are incapable of doing the work themselves.everyone trusts a video. Maybe it's because I'm old, but I swear, I don't get it.

    Why would you ever trust someone else to tell you something, to the point that you won't test a theory yourself? Especially when it's not logical. I had a man tell me the other day that if there's a 50/50 chance with rng, you have a one in six chance of getting the item. I guess he doesn't know what 50/50 means lol. The math should eventually prove its 50/50. If not, your odds are 1 in 6.

    Math. Try it sometime.

    I'm not here to prove anything. I'm here because the devs made a greed call. This is industrial psychology. If you blow your energy, you'll refill. Any semi intelligent person can see that.

    While some of you like it, it seems the majority of us don't. But you can't leave that alone, can you guys? You can't agree that it should be a choice we all can make for ourselves. You have to show up on each thread and and put the people not like you down. You have zero respect for peeps that prefer a different choice. ..Or any choice, in this matter.

    That why I try to never come in here.

    Be lazy, don't be lazy, I don't care. But if you think devs make these choices to help us, lol. I've got some property you might be interested in :)



  • leef
    13175 posts Member
    Terzana wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Terzana wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Terzana wrote: »
    Put your money where your mouth is. Run an experiment, keep a spreadsheet, and post your results.

    So where's your spreadsheet?

    We did it years ago. I could fake a spreadsheet, why would you believe me? It's time for you to prove it to yourself... Or not lol. It's not up to me what you believe. Only you can prove it yourself. You are the only one you'll believe. What are you afraid of?

    Math is math. It doesn't lie or frame statistics in a certain way. People do that. Do your own math :) maybe you'll prove me wrong.

    Right, well it seems a bit weird to tell others to "put their money where their mouth is" while not puttig the money where your mouth is yourself.
    I'm actually not the only one i would believe. I was also geniuily curious to see your spreadsheet so i could judge.

    I don't have them. The officers had them. But the part where you said you're lazy, I agree. I've never played a game before that was played by so many people that are incapable of doing the work themselves.everyone trusts a video. Maybe it's because I'm old, but I swear, I don't get it.

    Why would you ever trust someone else to tell you something, to the point that you won't test a theory yourself? Especially when it's not logical. I had a man tell me the other day that if there's a 50/50 chance with rng, you have a one in six chance of getting the item. I guess he doesn't know what 50/50 means lol. The math should eventually prove its 50/50. If not, your odds are 1 in 6.
    Math. Try it sometime.
    Shame you don't have them anymore indeed. I'm glad you agree that i'm lazy, but i'm not sure what that other stuff is all about because it doesn't apply to me.
    I already said why i wouldn't test it myself, it's because i'm lazy and i feel like it would be a waste of time because i'm reasonably sure you're wrong. I also believe the earth is a sphere, and i'm not going to waste my time trying to prove to myself or others who disagree that it actually is a sphere. It's the same thing. You may be old, but i'm sure you understand that reasoning.
    I'm not here to prove anything. I'm here because the devs made a greed call. This is industrial psychology. If you blow your energy, you'll refill. Any semi intelligent person can see that.
    This is a fair point and one of the few critisizms of the new sim slider logic that has merit imo.
    While some of you like it, it seems the majority of us don't. But you can't leave that alone, can you guys? You can't agree that it should be a choice we all can make for ourselves. You have to show up on each thread and and put the people not like you down. You have zero respect for peeps that prefer a different choice. ..Or any choice, in this matter.

    That why I try to never come in here.
    I'm not sure if this is directed at me, but i could say the same thing about peope who don't like the new slider. It's not like they give a fudge about the people who do want to keep the new slider. So when you start accusing others of having zero respect for peeps that prefer a different choice, you have to realize you're talking about people on both side of the argument, not just the ones that have a different opinion than yours.

    Be lazy, don't be lazy, I don't care. But if you think devs make these choices to help us, lol. I've got some property you might be interested in :)
    and i've got some tinfoil hats you might be interrested in. Snarky comments are easy, i'm not above that.
    Anyway, the whole point of the game is to generate money, so even the QoL updates that do benefit all players are only designed to get us to spend more. For me the slider is definately a QoL improvement, just like mod management, putting bronzium packs first and being able to sim the challenges.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Dear leaf,
    Flat earth and tin foil hats lol? That's the best you've got, lol?

    This world is in trouble lol.

    I came in here to state my opinion, that we should have a choice. I never once said or implied that people should be forced to play the game my way. I covered all of us, not one sad group of people.

    But now I believe in a flat earth and require a tin foil hat because I can do math and you can't or won't?

    *puts on aluminum hat, as tin is so yesterday, and sits on the flat earth*

    Grow up.





  • leef
    13175 posts Member
    Terzana wrote: »
    Dear leaf,
    Flat earth and tin foil hats lol? That's the best you've got, lol?

    This world is in trouble lol.

    I came in here to state my opinion, that we should have a choice. I never once said or implied that people should be forced to play the game my way. I covered all of us, not one sad group of people.

    But now I believe in a flat earth and require a tin foil hat because I can do math and you can't or won't?

    *puts on aluminum hat, as tin is so yesterday, and sits on the flat earth*

    Grow up.
    The best i got? I'm not your enemy nor are you mine, haha.
    I'm sorry if i made it seem like i implied that you think the earth is flat, it was just an example of a thing i don't feel the need to test out myself.
    I'm not sorry about the tinfoil hat comment, that was just an equally snarky response to your properties i might be interrested in comment. Growing up may be the best advice for the both of us.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Gannon
    1473 posts Member
    Let's all start tracking our Sims! Use the same amount in the same places for a week, take screenshots, and we'll meet up and compare at the end of the week to compare notes. 📝
    I'm doing 1 sim per, and I'm 3 days in already.
  • Kyno
    22127 posts Moderator
    Kiser76 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Kiser76 wrote: »
    I like this change quite a bit. I always sim the maximum amount that I can. Always.

    And for the record this has nothing to do with being a F2P, P2P, Whale, Dolphin, Kraken, whatever. I have a very healthy crystal income :wink:

    I think you are probably in the minority in the game. At least, I hope you are. Otherwise, if everyone was or is like you, then no one would be playing the game really. I mean, how much time on the game are you spending when just jumping in and spending all of your energy in just a few clicks. Doesn't sound like you "like" to be in the game much. Not trying to insult you. Just saying what it appears to be. I like to spend a little more time than that on the game. We already don't get very much time with the free energy we get. I am far from a free to play player. But, I do not spend money on it every day. Maybe once every two weeks. But still. You should not be able to accidentally burn all of your energy in an accidental click. Especially when you've been conditioned to start off with one at a time. They can make it remember your last entry and put it back in every time. Even when changing battles. This will make everyone happy.

    i think it's reasonable to assume most players actually sim max way more often than sim per 1/2/3, why else would ea/cg consider this a QoL upgrade?

    I really hope you are wrong about player max simming. I think the dev's would rather you spend more time on the game than a few clicks and energy's done. Would seem like people don't really care to be in the game long. Just my opinion.

    I would not consider siming in any quantity playing the game. I spend more than enough time planning currency, gear and energy spending, I will take those few seconds I get from a multi sim farming to get back to roster development and planning.
  • Terzana
    19 posts Member
    edited March 17
    Leef, you're right. I apologize.

    Kyno, you're a company man? Can you please explain to me why the devs haven't given us an option in settings? Do you admit its a... Choice the devs made, that costs us real money?

    Why don't the devs have to, or even want to, adapt to us? Why isn't it a two way street?

  • leef
    13175 posts Member
    Terzana wrote: »
    Leef, you're right. I apologize.



    No worries, it's all good.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    22127 posts Moderator
    Terzana wrote: »
    Leef, you're right. I apologize.

    Kyno, you're a company man? Can you please explain to me why the devs haven't given us an option in settings? Do you admit its a... Choice the devs made, that costs us real money?

    Why don't the devs have to, or even want to, adapt to us? Why isn't it a two way street?

    I am not a dev, and therefore have no knowledge about why they make the choices they do with things they implement.

    No, I honestly feel that they catch a bad rep on decisions like this and people go way overboard with making judgments about others.... but everyone has an opinion (I think there is a saying about that).

    I have never heard them say they dont want to, I also believe that every QoL update has had elements that were directly asked for by the community....so, yeah.
  • You forgot the part about it being a decision that, coincidentally, costs players real money. Do you agree that it seems to be the case, for quite a few of us?
  • Nihion
    2230 posts Member
    edited March 18
    Terzana wrote: »
    You forgot the part about it being a decision that, coincidentally, costs players real money. Do you agree that it seems to be the case, for quite a few of us?

    What Kyno is saying is this: Although some people will lose some energy for a month or two, it doesn’t have an effect on real money, because you are not required to buy crystals for more energy. It’s just an annoying thing that will go away after a little while. And I understand this viewpoint.
  • T4NM4N26
    120 posts Member
    edited March 18
    I don't like this update because a lot of times I'll just farm some grey gear and I only want to do 1 Sim at a time until I get the gear I need. I accidently blew 120 energy on a 6 energy battle...I got plenty of the gear I needed, but I only needed 1...
  • Terzana
    19 posts Member
    edited March 18
    Nihion wrote: »
    Terzana wrote: »
    You forgot the part about it being a decision that, coincidentally, costs players real money. Do you agree that it seems to be the case, for quite a few of us?

    What Kyno is saying is this: Although some people will lose some energy for a month or two, it doesn’t have an effect on real money, because you are not required to buy crystals for more energy. It’s just an annoying thing that will go away after a little while. And I understand this viewpoint.

    I understood what he was trying to say. I also understand that while its not required, lots of us made the mistake learning. And it cost real money.

    Example, I did it right away with each energy, and then again once I had been using 1 sim, and left only to come back knowing I set all the sliders to single sim. POOF, all gone again.

    What I wish gamers would consider, is if I had to spend an extra $20.00 to keep up my cadence (before I got in the habit, and lots of other peeps did as well), how much do you suppose that happy little accident bumped up their income the first couple of days? Is it their quarterly review time, lol?

    Did I miss the official announcement that warned us it would happen on the update? Did I miss the extra crystals they sent out to make up for such a seemingly underhanded play? Was there an announcement saying how sorry they were that so many of us got blindsided?

    With all the arguing in the forum about it, did they notice, or care? What about the ftp players that got screwed trying to farm for the next event? What about how much it messed them up?

    What about the fact that their company person on the forums answered all the easy questions, but ignored the one where ea/cg just made big profits off of their new idea? Funny that. Do you know why he didn't answer? Because they made money. They profited.

    It was a part of the QoL update that also raised their own QoL. Most peeps are not whales. Anyone not a whale, it hurt. Whether it be time or money. If it was an accident on the devs part, they would have addressed it and made it right. Imo.


  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Talking about the original post, (because apparently I’m late to the party)
    I am a ftp, and I got spanked, I learned, and so one day of messing up didn’t mess my progress playing the game over a year and a half now.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Kyno
    22127 posts Moderator
    Terzana wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Terzana wrote: »
    You forgot the part about it being a decision that, coincidentally, costs players real money. Do you agree that it seems to be the case, for quite a few of us?

    What Kyno is saying is this: Although some people will lose some energy for a month or two, it doesn’t have an effect on real money, because you are not required to buy crystals for more energy. It’s just an annoying thing that will go away after a little while. And I understand this viewpoint.

    I understood what he was trying to say. I also understand that while its not required, lots of us made the mistake learning. And it cost real money.

    Example, I did it right away with each energy, and then again once I had been using 1 sim, and left only to come back knowing I set all the sliders to single sim. POOF, all gone again.

    What I wish gamers would consider, is if I had to spend an extra $20.00 to keep up my cadence (before I got in the habit, and lots of other peeps did as well), how much do you suppose that happy little accident bumped up their income the first couple of days? Is it their quarterly review time, lol?

    Did I miss the official announcement that warned us it would happen on the update? Did I miss the extra crystals they sent out to make up for such a seemingly underhanded play? Was there an announcement saying how sorry they were that so many of us got blindsided?

    With all the arguing in the forum about it, did they notice, or care? What about the ftp players that got screwed trying to farm for the next event? What about how much it messed them up?

    What about the fact that their company person on the forums answered all the way questions, but ignored the one where ea/cg just made big profits off of their new idea? Funny that. Do you know why he didn't answer? Because they made money. They profited.

    It was a part of the QoL update that also raised their own QoL. Most peeps are not whales. Anyone not a whale, it hurt. Whether it be time of money. If it was an accident on the devs part, they would have addressed it and made it right. Imo.


    Mistakes happen, yes. But no it does not cost money, unless you choose to make it so. I dont think a F2P player, is all of a sudden going to spend money because they need to spend some extra energy once or twice, before they learn to take things slow and pay a little more attention.

    Also, maybe you can dial it back a little on the negative connotations, you dont like it, we get it. No this was not done because someone figure that some random energy use for a few days/weeks was going to drive up spending.

    Yes this was listed in the update.

    No not everything is about us vs them (F2P/P2P).
Sign In or Register to comment.