Outage Compensation [MERGE]

Replies

• I got 200, have since heard people getting up to 500. Realistically 200 is more than I missed out on through not being able to raise arena rank a tier over that period so I’m happy.

As the mods said this was for those who were directly affected not a mass payment
  • Hantal86 wrote: »
    I got 200, have since heard people getting up to 500. Realistically 200 is more than I missed out on through not being able to raise arena rank a tier over that period so I’m happy.

As the mods said this was for those who were directly affected not a mass payment

I was directly affected, there's no way I'm going to put myself through further punishment by attempting to communicate with some of the buffoons they have working EA support. My plan is to just try ftp for a while and see how that suits me
  • They insulted us by making us take those steps. I responded the only way I could - I gave them the modified round reward of not purchasing the $95 worth of Old Republic packs I had planned on buying prior to the outage.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    I was directly affected, there's no way I'm going to put myself through further punishment by attempting to communicate with some of the buffoons they have working EA support. My plan is to just try ftp for a while and see how that suits me
    I submitted a ticket with the title "Server Issues 3/15/2019" last night saying I missed a raid due to the server outage.

I woke up this morning with 300 crystals in my inbox.

Be polite, direct, and honest, and you'll be fine.
    Still not a he.
  • Thin_Liz_217
    24 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    I submitted a ticket with the title "Server Issues 3/15/2019" last night saying I missed a raid due to the server outage.

I woke up this morning with 300 crystals in my inbox.

Be polite, direct, and honest, and you'll be fine.

I don’t think that’s his point. I think his, and many people’s point, has been that CG used to be more customer focused and would have automatically “made it right” by their previous standards without further inconveniencing their user base (automatic compensation for all).

People may call the gripes many users had as complaining, but internally, CG had a technical incident when the servers went down and it needed to be better addressed post mortem, imo.

One of the impacts of this, and any outage, is reputational damage. Introduce enough reputational damage over time, and your customers will no longer do business with you.

One mitigation for this in this instance would have been to apologize and provide compensation to the entire user base (like they used to).

Instead, they increased the damage and have started days worth of customer complaints. Some (me for instance) may have been put off enough not to spend on an upcoming event as a result of this.

Compound this with their recent issues (GA cancelation w/ unclear communication, GG rework that was not as advertised, QOL that causes some to burn through energy in error, etc.), and it appears like they have both a leadership and customer service problem.

Doesn’t make sense to me from a business perspective, but ok...

• Dk_rek wrote: »
    I won't beg for 200 miserable crystals that they should have given to everybody.

But youll **** and moan andnget nothing on forums?

Yes because his complaints and moans are valid

Validity does not change his crystal count.

But it should, if CG listened and cared, which is the point to posting here

"Should" doesnt change the crystal count either. The world is not fair. Either do what it takes or blow hot air.

Ill take my cryatals and move on.

Unless you quit the game outright youre a fool to not take 2 minutes of your day to recieve an infinite more amount of compenaation than you get using that same 2 minutes to whine here.
  • Judging by the comments in this thread, it seems that the majority of posters are number 1 in their shard regularly... (Even though the last 3 claiming it i looked their swgoh.gg and the best any of them had done was in the 40's)

Why do i bring that up? Top 50 is only 150 crystals. Get double that for submitting a ticket
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Ticket sent, screenshot attached. Let's see what happens..

The Ticket Conundrum, Day #1...lol
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Wait, this game was down for several hours, affecting everyone, and if we feel the need we have to create a support ticket? For 200 crystals?
    Lastly, it is difficult for us to identify who affected by this issue, but if you have been significantly impacted by the downtime, please send in a support ticket. The team will investigate and compensate you up 200 crystals.

What kind of garbage is this? New low, for real. That doesn't even cover a quarter of the losses for people that missed payouts as a result. Honestly, @CG_SBCrumb, y'all should be ashamed.

I went to the live chat and didn't got any crystals so I feal ya
  • Luk3
    31 posts Member
    I'm glad I got the 200 crystals back that I had spent to get my 1st place in the 20 minutes I had once connection was re established on Friday.
    But I am really annoyed how I have spoken to so many people that have got up to 500 crystals back and with out any outlay in the first place.
    Dispite loging a ticket and having a live chat, support are adamant I am wrong and no one has had more than 200 crystals.
    So everyone is lying!
    Don't think so
    Just dam unfair and not being treated equally with respect!
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    From the actual Dev Post about the server issue:

"The team will investigate and compensate you up [ to ] 200 crystals."

The "to" was missing in their post so I fixed it.

Anyone who says they received more than 200 either had a really gullible CS representative or they're selling "Fake News!"
  • Naw, I've seen screenshots from a couple of people who got more than 200 crystals. Think they set the 200 crystal policy after they'd started giving them out. The OP is correct here.
  • Luk3
    31 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »

Anyone who says they received more than 200 either had a really gullible CS representative or they're selling "Fake News!"

Including guild mates that I've been with for 2 years. Everyone's a liar 🤣
  • I was one of the lucky ones @Luk3 is referring to. So he isn't lying and I have a screenshot of another member who also got same compo...
  • disney and EA are not known for theyr charity...
    swgoh generates half a million $ every day, they won't offer a thing to the gamers that can be selled to them...
    that's the only real point to remember :* money rules
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »

fizwogib91bz.png

Deffinitely got more than 200

• I still haven't seen anyone explain how it would be "making it right" to give automatic free stuff to everyone when only some people suffered an impact. That's the functional equivalent of not giving those who were impacted anything at all.
  • keknoby wrote: »
    disney and EA are not known for theyr charity...
    swgoh generates half a million $ every day, they won't offer a thing to the gamers that can be selled to them...
    that's the only real point to remember :* money rules

Half a million a day? Lmao
  • It's nice to quote me, but at least read my entire post before using it.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    I still haven't seen anyone explain how it would be "making it right" to give automatic free stuff to everyone when only some people suffered an impact. That's the functional equivalent of not giving those who were impacted anything at all.

Because that's how good PR works. You do things for others. Its called doing the right thing. Its called being a good person. its called What every other game does but games that have devs that hate the people playing their game.
  • I could not even leave a ticket, the number of complaints was like a DDOS attack on it
  • Gorem wrote: »
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    I still haven't seen anyone explain how it would be "making it right" to give automatic free stuff to everyone when only some people suffered an impact. That's the functional equivalent of not giving those who were impacted anything at all.

Because that's how good PR works. You do things for others. Its called doing the right thing. Its called being a good person. its called What every other game does but games that have devs that hate the people playing their game.

Hate, really? You're right that it would be good PR. But that's not the same thing as due compensation. Compensation is when you're being made whole for a harm that you suffered. Anyone who isn't harmed isn't entitled to compensation. So just admit that you want free stuff, that you want the level of effort you have to put out to get free stuff to be zero, and that you'll use any flimsy excuse you can think of in order to justify getting it.
  • This isn't a make good for the outage and those affected. This is a make good for forum users only - screw the people affected.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Ticket sent, screenshot attached. Let's see what happens..

The Ticket Conundrum, Day #1...lol

Result: " the inconvenience caused and added 200 crystals into your account. I do understand that this may not fully compensate you for the inconvenience faced; but, it can definitely help you to make some quick progress in the game."

a3k1nxxf804x.png
  • SCCH
    62 posts Member
    Following SBCrumb's post i sent a ticket asking for some gems back (not even the 200 since i didn't lost so many, 'only' 175).

After several days they finally answer with some generic message saying to solve your issue update, reinstall blablabla.

How can I get my gems? Is this normal? Many people got their compensation.
  • AleSahnDroh_1979
    950 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I sent the ticket on Friday.
    Today I received an email with a phone number to call.
    I did it: very kind person, had my case and listen my explanation.... she sent me a validation code....
    5 calls later (with 5 different persons) I’m still waiting my 200 crystals.
    Everything is ok, they want to send me the crystals, but.... their program has a crash (lol !!!!!) so “try later please”
  • I still haven't heard back from or received anything for the outage. This is pathetic.
  • CG_Crumb was using voice to text in his original post. He said "up 200 crystals" That was obviously supposed to say "up to 00 crystals"
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    I won't beg for 200 miserable crystals that they should have given to everybody.

But youll **** and moan andnget nothing on forums?

Yes because his complaints and moans are valid

Validity does not change his crystal count.

But it should, if CG listened and cared, which is the point to posting here

"Should" doesnt change the crystal count either. The world is not fair. Either do what it takes or blow hot air.

lol....EOM