People quitting due to Revan?

2Next

Replies

• EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    Keep the thread on topic folks, this is not the place to promote your guild
  • No_Try wrote: »
    HODA died long ago in terms of playerbase. It was already dead in the days this game was released. The main reason was incredible power creep (uncomparable to swgoh) and f2p having zero competetiveness (swgoh is a heaven in that sense too).

So....swgoh is nowhere near dying. It doesn't even look like they are declining if you check their revenue stream quarters.

Google play top grossing shows a drp from #11 to as low as #48. Today shows #28. Gear that was once farmable is only in raids or bought with gems. Drop rates are worse. Which is all designed to boost revenues. Whales have found other oceans, or they have gone free to play in answer to the power creep getting out of control. Revan should have boosted revenues but actually had the opposite effect since he is accessible by f2p players levelling the playing field, which has upset the pay to win set. The Tony Stark, pre Ironman pholosophy of selling to both sides and escalating the battle style of power creep has a shelf life and the focus is on their new game. Although they stopped hiring so it is not near launch I guess, since most studios ramp up to stay on target for launch.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    HODA died long ago in terms of playerbase. It was already dead in the days this game was released. The main reason was incredible power creep (uncomparable to swgoh) and f2p having zero competetiveness (swgoh is a heaven in that sense too).

So....swgoh is nowhere near dying. It doesn't even look like they are declining if you check their revenue stream quarters.

Google play top grossing shows a drp from #11 to as low as #48. Today shows #28. Gear that was once farmable is only in raids or bought with gems. Drop rates are worse. Which is all designed to boost revenues. Whales have found other oceans, or they have gone free to play in answer to the power creep getting out of control. Revan should have boosted revenues but actually had the opposite effect since he is accessible by f2p players levelling the playing field, which has upset the pay to win set. The Tony Stark, pre Ironman pholosophy of selling to both sides and escalating the battle style of power creep has a shelf life and the focus is on their new game. Although they stopped hiring so it is not near launch I guess, since most studios ramp up to stay on target for launch.

Agreed, they need to bring back diversity for their own sake too.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Kaliam wrote: »
    I have a Revan team, and its still extremely boring in the arena. I'm so sick of fight mirror comps.
    In my shard, in the top 50, 47 of them are JKR, Bastilla, Jolee, GMY, and either Ezra or GK for the 5th.....

I too am sick of fighting mirror teams. But the funny thing is we control what we use, what if we formed a union and stopped using Revan. Went back to pre Revan when there was balance.

We have that power, nobody can stop us except our own desire. The mirror match nightmare was given to us, it's our fault for continuing to use it.
  • This game is almost 3.5 years old. People have always quit and other people have always started playing. That's a really long time to keep playing one game. There are lot of people out there who don't play the same game for several years....they get burnt out, they are more casual players, they get interested in something else, etc.

Let's hope they do.
  • This game is almost 3.5 years old. People have always quit and other people have always started playing. That's a really long time to keep playing one game. There are lot of people out there who don't play the same game for several years....they get burnt out, they are more casual players, they get interested in something else, etc.

Interesting points. The accepted norm was mobile games do not really last past 2 years. SWGOH is past that, it's stumbled but it has the potential to rebound if handled correctly imho.
  • elmarko1234
    165 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I agree that PVP is dead now. No revan = you loose, slower Revan = you loose. And it goes for both toon and ship PVP (No Hound Tooth = you loose...)
    I no longer even try on PVP F2P. I've spent a bit but quickly realised that you have to spend all the time to stay ahead.Now I just enjoy collecting toons/ships and playing (not simming) the other mods like GW, TB, etc. I only do PvP for the daily quests and I start and withdraw immediately now if there are only Revan teams (99.9% of the time now).
    It is still a good game without the PvP I think.
    This isn't true, I can beat 300+ speed revans with my 270 speed revan (never get 20+ speed mods ever) due to how bad the AI is with targeting.

You can climb with nightsisters, revan or Treya - nightsisters are no easier than revan on the climb if they are modded right - tbh, there are nightsisters teams I pick revan to fight over. Not because of variety but because it's easier.

The issue is CLS/JTR vs Revan - but even they can win on offense (not always mind) the real issue is how easy they are to beat with Revan on the attack. Then coupled with the variety aspect
  • PVP has ruined more games than I can count. It's always out of balance. I was soooo excited when SWTOR said they would NOT have it, but just before launch they pasted it in. We hates it precious, we hates it..
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    PVP has ruined more games than I can count. It's always out of balance. I was soooo excited when SWTOR said they would NOT have it, but just before launch they pasted it in. We hates it precious, we hates it..

The greatest game ever is PvP only. Counter-Strike. It is also exquisitely balanced.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    People still play CS? I haven't anyone talk about in sooooooo long. Lol
  • People still play CS? I haven't anyone talk about in sooooooo long. Lol

Heck yes!
  • People still play CS? I haven't anyone talk about in sooooooo long. Lol

Heck yes!

I used to hear a lot about it about 5 years back, but I run in mmorpg circles so prolly not in vogue there anymore lol
  • All i can say is that i never give up in this game, no matter what. Even if I fight revan for 50 more years i wouldnt.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Shadowscream
    968 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I agree that PVP is dead now. No revan = you loose, slower Revan = you loose. And it goes for both toon and ship PVP (No Hound Tooth = you loose...)
    I no longer even try on PVP F2P. I've spent a bit but quickly realised that you have to spend all the time to stay ahead.Now I just enjoy collecting toons/ships and playing (not simming) the other mods like GW, TB, etc. I only do PvP for the daily quests and I start and withdraw immediately now if there are only Revan teams (99.9% of the time now).
    It is still a good game without the PvP I think.

Slower Revan does NOT equal you lose!
    Playing against the AI —> Revan vs Revan ALWAYS favours the attacker.
    If you have a slower Revan —> Then use Direct Focus on GMY when it’s your turn.
    Obviously you still need appropriate mods and gear.

My only concern is how fast the Revan vs Revan matches are - I liked some of the older meta(s) when you really also had to watch the clock. Revan vs Revan is fast and boring.
    Post edited by Shadowscream on
  • This game got too complicated.... I'm tired of just going against someone who is clearly outmatching me
  • This game got too complicated.... I'm tired of just going against someone who is clearly outmatching me
    No offence but you can’t expect to PvP without facing the possibility that people will potentially outmatch you —> This is the same in other video games & real life sport.
    It may be unfair that Usain Bolt has a genetic advantage over the other sprinters of his day but I guarantee the others didn’t give up because of this! 🙂
  • DarthGazza wrote: »
    I play 2 arena battles on auto just for the daily challenge and 1 ship battle.
    It's too boring

My first move is forfeit. Still get credit for dailies and don't have to waste any more time than necessary.
  • RebelLion wrote: »
    DarthGazza wrote: »
    It's too boring

My first move is forfeit. Still get credit for dailies and don't have to waste any more time than necessary.

Why? If you hate Revan then maybe be one of the small band that get number 1 without him!
    We have 2 nightsister players , 2 CLS/C3PO players, 2 Traya, 1 EP/Fastila and now 5 DRevans that can reach 1st spot everyday.
    I get that it’s a sea of Revan in the top 200+ but CLEARLY there are ways round that.
  • RebelLion wrote: »
    DarthGazza wrote: »
    It's too boring

Why? If you hate Revan then maybe be one of the small band that get number 1 without him!
    We have 2 nightsister players , 2 CLS/C3PO players, 2 Traya, 1 EP/Fastila and now 5 DRevans that can reach 1st spot everyday.
    I get that it’s a sea of Revan in the top 200+ but CLEARLY there are ways round that.

Has nothing to do with Revan. I'm in 1400th place in Squad Arena. I have no chance of holding the next tier by getting under 1000, I'm not in risk of dropping position in going over 2500. So why would I waste any time on it? I would love the next QOL update to reduce the required daily pvp to one attempt so I don' have to wait 10 minutes in between forfeits.

Seconded. I've noticed some top players in my shard all go silent coinciding with DR being released and it's certainly made me rethink my small purchases.
  • gpeeee
    126 posts Member
    Personally, I have lost a lot of interest and spent a lot less money in the game (Not a big spender anyway) since Revan has completely taken over arena. I'm kind of sitting back a bit and trying not to drop too low. I can see how people can sit back and forget about the game, though, because of losing interest.