The Logray problem continues...

Moorebid
488 posts Member
edited March 2019
So, after about a thousand tries with my undergeared Ewoks and without Logray, I gave up trying to 7* C3PO for this time.
My Logray was at 8/100 when the event started and the only thing I had to make sure, was that I have a 7* Logray before the next time C3PO shows.
But, I'm still at 8/100, he literally didn't show up ONCE in the last 2 weeks. I check every refresh and always keep currency available, but NOTHING!
Anybody having the same problem?

Replies

• The longest time Logray didn't show up is 5 days for me. In 1 day there are 4 free refreshes. You should check it everytime free refresh come.
  • Banmeong wrote: »
    The longest time Logray didn't show up is 5 days for me. In 1 day there are 4 free refreshes. You should check it everytime free refresh come.

I always check every refresh, I think I log into this game about 20 times a day.
  • Shadowscream
    968 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Maybe just gear up your other Ewoks and forget about Logray.....one less thing to stress about.
    If he appears you can still grab his shards but there’s tons of time to get your other Ewoks up 1 or 2 gear levels.
    —> i did this with Chewie, I had Bossk on farm but wasn’t sure I’d make it —> so I geared the original BHs to G11/12. when the event appeared it didn’t matter that I hadn’t unlocked Bossk and I got 7* done on my 3rd try.
  • He really never seems to show up in that store spot. It is kind of frustrating and has been discussed on multiple threads. However, he is not required to beat 3PO I think you could argue Wicket/Elder are almost required. I pulled it off with Teebo in what would have been Logray slot and it worked out.
  • Moorebid
    488 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    My Ewoks were all G11 or G10, most abilities omega'd, and the zeta on Chirpa.
    Speeds were all way up there, and I couldn't get the RNG right.
    In all my attempts, I could kill Chewie, Han and the tank only 3 times, just to be oneshotted to oblivion by a stealthed Leia.
    Did use Scout instead of Teebo though.
    So, I just want Logray to be sure...
  • Moorebid wrote: »
    So, after about a thousand tries with my undergeared Ewoks and without Logray, I gave up trying to 7* C3PO for this time.
    My Logray was at 8/100 when the event started and the only thing I had to make sure, was that I have a 7* Logray before the next time C3PO shows.
    But, I'm still at 8/100, he literally didn't show up ONCE in the last 2 weeks. I check every refresh and always keep currency available, but NOTHING!
    Anybody having the same problem?

Doesn't it change 3 x a day? You might just be missing him.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Logray is one of 6 toons on that node. So each time the store refreshes, there's a 16.6% chance that he'll appear.

There's ~a 66% chance that he'll show up on any given day. However, beware the gambler's fallacy - just because he didn't show up several days in a row does not increase his probability of appearance on "the next time."

If you wanted to gamble that 14 days would go by with 0 appearances, that is about a 0.3% probability. Seems unlikely, but that means it will happen for about 3,000 players out of every million. I don't know how many players there are in swgoh, but if there are 10 million total, then you would just be one of the ~30,000 that probabilistically received 2 weeks of non-Logray.
  • NgH
    59 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Or they could just make characters like him farmable in more than one spot so that people don't have problems like this. Sure, the game is supposed to be challenging and all that, but it is a game - it's supposed to be fun - there's no need to make aspects of it so challenging that you've taken the joy out of it for people.
  • NgH wrote: »
    Or they could just make characters like him farmable in more than one spot so that people don't have problems like this. Sure, the game is supposed to be challenging and all that, but it is a game - it's supposed to be fun - there's no need to make aspects of it so challenging that you've taken the joy out of it for people.

I'm going to start by saying I agree. A true rotation would be nice.

I don't think it's that easy though because CG's current strategy it to "set and forget". This has locked most characters into their current location. CG seems to be reserving several of the duplicate nodes for future releases and has started doubling up on others.

It's also clear that they want some key characters in hard to very hard locations. And by key I simply mean from a team comp perspective and not game changing. Jyn is similar to Logray, Shoretrooper and Baze are banished to table 9 in the LS/DS battles, and Carth sits on a fleet node. There are definitely inconsistencies here and it would be great to see them reconciled.

Back to proposal. They'd have to come up with an clear and dependable rotation. Otherwise folks would remain frustrated when the character they're farming isn't rotated.

I like the idea but it's not a simple solution. Shouldn't be hard either. Just don't expect it overnight.
  • Update: another 6 refreshes without Logray. It's literally been like 15 days now...