What do we do with T3-M4 now?

Juzz
366 posts Member
edited March 2019
With the rework of HK-47, droids hace lost the natural leader.

K2 goes with Rogue One
Chopper goes with Phoenix
R2 goes with Rebels or RJT
B8 goes wih RJT
B1, B2, IG-100 go with GG separatists.
IPD goes Empire
IG-88 goes Bounty Hunters
L3 goes with young guns
C-3P0 goes with rebels/RJT

That leaves old IG-86 and T3-M4 without a team to fit in.
IG-86 has no tags and it’s an oldie, but T3-M4 is quite new and sinergizes with droids and not OR. So Carth & Co is not his place.

Where to put my g11 zetaed toon that boosts other droids that have no real leader now??
Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain

Replies

• Probably put him in the trash I guess,
  • I guess ebon hawk is his only use now
  • I'd consider replacing IG-88 on your Bounty Hunter team and using him as a Droid leader. T3-M4 synergizes pretty well with him (and any other Droid that inflicts or interacts with Target Lock).
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Other than a pilot?

You can probably pull IG out of your BH, unless you've invested in all ten and are dead set of having two full BH teams.

You can probably pull IPD from Empire with no real consequence. Other than the Palp drain health then boom, I can't think of anything essential he really bring (with a zeta he can really mess up buff reliant teams, but that's not empire specific. the zeta is actually more effective with droids)

thats... 4 (t3, IPD, both IG) so far, one if which is a leader the other is an old, not all that great rust bucket (100). Here is 3 more

HK's lead is changing. It doesn't mean he'll be useless. In fact, he'll probably be even more useful after his rework. Just with a different (not necessarily worse) lead. There's still a good chance he'll still work with droids.

L3. While she's for young guns, most people haven't invested in 5 young guns. You can probably afford pulling her for a droid team

Sep droids. Most people have decided they aren't worth the high investment, and don't have the full team. Meaning it's probable that you don't have a sep droid team, and can pull a few for a team with t3 in it (especially cuz 3 of the 5 members have been out for a while)

I'll admit that these last 3 are presuming a fair bit, so I'll present another alternative- pull a non droid. Chief Nebit, Poggle, Jawa Engineer or even Lobot (ew I know, but better than an empty slot)

It's a looking a bit foggy for T3 in a droid team with this new uncertainty, but it is still very much possible
  • UdalCuain
    5008 posts Member
    I would wait and see. He might get an equally awesome leader ability.
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    Thank you for your comments. Specially HK666.
    Didn't wrote on IG-88 lead as it is subpar and was reworked as BH oriented but I guess is the best option ATM, although its lead will not address the biggest problem of droids (that was covered with HK) that most of them are quite slow.
    We'll see how HK rework works out and maybe we'll get another droid leader soon.
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Darthvestor_80
    484 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    If you know anything about Kotor Kotor 2 or Star wars the old republic t3 m4 goes on to fix the ebon hawk and helped rescue revan when he was prisoner for 300 years at the hands of Lord vitiate. T3 m4 and hk-47 go on to live and an apartment with revan and bastila after he is forgiven and returns to the Jedi order for the 3rd time. If you pay attention to the new Darth revan event trailer at the end who's in the lineup mandalore the preserver also known as canderous ordo Darth revan fallen bastila t3 m4 and HK 47 hold your horses he will be needed again
  • Waiting for T7-O1 releases?

Currently paired with chopper, with old ben lead.
  • I have used T3in my OR team w/ Bastilla (ls) lead with great success. he does have a buff cleansing ability that i have found useful. You can still use him as an alt in your OR and droid teams
  • Take all of your mods off of Finn.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    His zeta under Ig-88 lead is still quite good...
    But yeah, HK’s was better for droids :/
  • Put T3 in with RJT, BB8 and R2, works nicely. The 5th can be anyone, B2 works well, or a droid tank, or Holdo.
  • I am in a similar boat. I am fully invested in droids and I have a gear 12, zetaed T3... but there no great home for him.

I am currently running a Grevious Lead, B2, T3-M4, L3-37, and BB-8 line-up that is doing alright. I can't break the top 100 in my arena shard, but I stay firmly at 100-130 rank with it. Although as soon as I can farm B1 and Droideka, T3 is likely getting dropped.

I hilariously may try to gear up Lobot just to have SOME leader for all my gear 12 robots... but I dunno.

Maybe they will add Doctor Aphra and give us a droid leader T3 deserves?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    So why can't he be run on the OR team? Carth Mission Z Ordo, T3? Juhani can be used on a Jedi team.

Or does he work with JTR? JTR BB R2 L3 T3. Team would be crazy fast and save C3p0 for Rebels.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    He pretty much just counts for the bonuses on the OR team. But all of his abilities benefit more if he's put in with droids

There are better options for JTR to, but it's not a terrible droid to plug if that's what you have.
  • 88 shouldn't be with bounty hunters once you've farmed any other fifth. Ipd doesn't have to be with empire, k2 isn't needed for jyn lead, and phoenix can be split up entirely for better all around results, depending on your roster.

Don't create bottlenecks for yourself. Just create the best teams available to you. T3 with zetas is very underrated in a lot of situations. Imagine his offensive bonuses on 88, with the offense bonus from poggle's lead, for instance. That can be the start to a nice offensive team in GA. Or maybe you just want t3 there to clear zMaul's stealths, so wiggs can cut em down. Just don't limit your use of characters to the obvious ties. In the end, if you really like a character, you can find a use with a little imagination.
  • People were using T3?
  • Moroveus wrote: »
    People were using T3?

There are dozens of threads complaining about Revan and the incoming Darth Revan. Each one seems to have some variant of, "why is does CG make every new character OP?"

Here we have a thread about a well designed and highly usable, but not OP, newer character, and the response is that he's useless (presumably because he doesn't fit into a Revan team).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    This isn't really a problem unless you both have and use all of those other teams, which seems unlikely. Also, 3P0 was never a good choice for an all-droid team.

IG88 and IPD aren't really "necessary" parts of BH or Empire squads (88 is actually kind of meh on a BH team), so you can easily pull them onto the droid team without permanently compromising any others. So you really only need to pick 2 others to fill it out - ideally BB8 would be in there, but I'd be loathe to pull him away from JTR, so I'd probably go for L3 and B2 - L3 taunts, B2 provides AOE dispels and another source of target locks.

Target lock, by the way, under this team, is inflicting (assuming appropriate zetas):

Healing immunity
    Protection recovery immunity
    Buff immunity
    -25% Crit and Evasion
    Add'l 50% Evasion for IG88 vs. TL'd enemies
    T3's debuffs can't be resisted by TL'd enemies

and four of your five teammates can inflict it, and are constantly gaining Potency from T3. Yum.

You can also skip B2's zeta, since it doesn't work with non-Separatist droids.

Full disclosure: I haven't actually tried this team as I don't have all of the characters properly geared & modded, so this is purely theorycraft. It sounds decent enough on paper though.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• T3 Works great with 90% of droids.
    No regrets1t3i0kktunjm.jpg
  • JTR and droids is a force to be reckoned with. Consider JTR, T3-m4, BB-8, IPD, and IG-88.That way you can use r2 and c3p0 on a rebel team. I don't like the sepratist faction, but since JTR is such a good counter against BH, I might just focus JTR and BB-8 and put my best droids with them. They work just as well.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    HK-47 has not been reworked yet.

We have not seen the rework.

Droids have lost nothing.

Not continuing to be 50% TM per crit is not the same as not being any good.

We do not know how HK-47 will fit into a Devan squad, or if that will be an ideal configuration. Personally, I find Devan, triumvirate, Badstila to be a more probable lineup, but we'll see.

HK leading T3 will still probably be a reasonable arrangement.
    Still not a he.
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    So why can't he be run on the OR team? Carth Mission Z Ordo, T3? Juhani can be used on a Jedi team.

Or does he work with JTR? JTR BB R2 L3 T3. Team would be crazy fast and save C3p0 for Rebels.

I run him with my Carth OR team and while he does not have dot synergy, he provides them with a status clear and and aoe ability that can remove buffs which can be invaluable. I set this team on defense during the last GA and it held 7 times and was at full health. Like others have said, it benefits a droid team more than OR with his zetas, but if you don't have Juhani or Wampa for the fifth spot it works nicely.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    HK-47 has not been reworked yet.

We have not seen the rework.

Droids have lost nothing.

Not continuing to be 50% TM per crit is not the same as not being any good.

We do not know how HK-47 will fit into a Devan squad, or if that will be an ideal configuration. Personally, I find Devan, triumvirate, Badstila to be a more probable lineup, but we'll see.

HK leading T3 will still probably be a reasonable arrangement.

Well now we HAVE seen the rework

Droids have lost their only viable leader

Not continuing to be 50% in this case, turns out it is now worthless

We know how HK will fit into a DRevan squad(spoiler alert his entire kit is reworked so hes only effective with DR)

HK leading T3 will be trash.

• UdalCuain
    5008 posts Member
    I would wait and see. He might get an equally awesome leader ability.

Turns out I was wrong
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Moroveus wrote: »
    People were using T3?

There are dozens of threads complaining about Revan and the incoming Darth Revan. Each one seems to have some variant of, "why is does CG make every new character OP?"

Here we have a thread about a well designed and highly usable, but not OP, newer character, and the response is that he's useless (presumably because he doesn't fit into a Revan team).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, since every 1.5m GP player got his hands on Revan when the event returned and they're now used to the power creep level of the latest arena meta char/team they always take that char/team as measurement for all other (new) chars. Smth can't be used in the top arena environment? TRASH. Smth can't be used in the sith raid as it relies on debuffs or is not scoring 5m+? TRASH.
    A droid squad NEEDS a droid leader and the leader NEEDS to be a droid himself. Anything else doesn't work obviously. /s
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Use Rex lead for your other droids including T3. Rex is like the Swiss army knife leader for misfits
  • T3 is great with JTR droids. Both of those zetas on T3 really crank up the damage of that team
  • Jtr or carth teams.
  • MoBlaq
    581 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Team him up with IPD and Jawa Engineer to kill a clean up target like Nest