Am I the ONLY one in all of SWGoH using this fleet?

Dryff
672 posts Member
Finally hit top 50 in fleet arena, and I've been using the full Sith fleet. Starting lineup of Vader's TIE, B-28 Extinction Bomber, and Sith Fighter. Depending on the enemy fleet, I'll interchange Hound's Tooth with B-28 and call it in as first reinforcement.

Other reinforcements are Emperor's Shuttle, Darth Maul, and Boba (usually never gets called unless the battle goes super long).

It's surprising how strong the B-28 can be even at just 5* and the Sith Fighter/Concussion Mines go right through the Protection on Hound's Tooth.

Is anyone else running the Sith fleet with any success? I definitely don't see any Sith Fighters or B-28's in the top 50 on either of my accounts :D

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I was curious why during the Shuttle release people were not running Sith fighter in the starting lineup. He seems to be the engine of the team.

Anyway, I have fighter and shuttle at 5* and will have bomber there shortly. Just out of ship credits to level it. Was planning on using it as D in GA.

How does it hold on D? Is your shuttle 5*?
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    Shhhhhh I’m farming both b28 and with fighter atm..just for this reason..
    a change is coming I can feel it..
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    I’m using them in ship arena right now. They aren’t the best mainly because they’re still low star count and not all my ship pilots are the best, but they’re super fun to play and synergize so well with eachother.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Tulkas
    253 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Because M I L F is far superior.
  • Gheyst1214
    205 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I use Bomber, Fighter, and Shuttle to start and reinforce Vader then Maul. It got me all the way to 9 in fleet arena one time. I use Tarkin as Capital Ship.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    I'm farming the Sith ships but it's not a priority, no refreshes or anything. They do seem fun, though they can't stand up to the HanFalcon so eh.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Sith ships are good, but theyre nowhere near even any mediocre M F lineups.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    More of a novelty fleet atm but their day may be coming
  • I use Scimitar, Sith fighter, Tie Advanced, bring in B-28 as the first reinforcement, and the palpmobile as the second, with the two kylo ships behind that on the rare occasion they're needed. All are 7* except for palp's shuttle and Kylo's shuttle, at 4* and 5*. B-28 wrecks everything when it comes in with the reinforcement maxed and at 7*. It's not the best fleet in the game by any stretch, but it's actually fun.

I went from not playing ships at all, just sitting in the 200-300 range since they launched, starting and immediately retreating from battle just to get my dailies, to actually having a really good time and being able to climb to the 30s.

Feels like they're one more ship or a proper capital ship away from dominating
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    I was curious why during the Shuttle release people were not running Sith fighter in the starting lineup. He seems to be the engine of the team.

Anyway, I have fighter and shuttle at 5* and will have bomber there shortly. Just out of ship credits to level it. Was planning on using it as D in GA.

How does it hold on D? Is your shuttle 5*?

My shuttle is actually only 4*. Depending on how the fight is going, I use it as the third reinforcement behind B-28 or Scimitar.

I think it holds on defense great. I haven't done a fleet battle since Saturday and only dropped from 37 to 59, so I think people underestimate it :)
    Sith ships are good, but theyre nowhere near even any mediocre M F lineups.

I mean, this is like saying "CLS, Han, Chewie, and Threepio is good, but nowhere near even mediocre Revan lineups." Of course it's not as good as the HMF lineups...the **** is the Revan of fleets. However, I can defeat HMF teams on occasion, though it's by no means a good fight to take...
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    @VonZant At the very least, it's definitely worth getting them up to 7* as an additional fleet, and scissors to the Hound's Tooth's rock. With HMF, it won't get you in the top 10 (probably), but you can definitely hang in that 50 crystals per day rank!
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    So, with new Sith Empire tag, thinking even more we will get Sith Capital and this fleet will be meta.

Hoping.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Good chance
  • I run 7 star Tie Advanced, 7 star Scimitar, 5 star B-28 Extinction Class Bomber with 5 star Sith Fighter, 6 star Slave 1, and 5 star Hound's Tooth as reinforcements. I use Thrawn as my capital, just holding out hope for a Sith capital ship soon. And for Palpatine's Shuttle to return so I can unlock it.
  • Dryff wrote: »
    Finally hit top 50 in fleet arena, and I've been using the full Sith fleet. Starting lineup of Vader's TIE, B-28 Extinction Bomber, and Sith Fighter. Depending on the enemy fleet, I'll interchange Hound's Tooth with B-28 and call it in as first reinforcement.

Other reinforcements are Emperor's Shuttle, Darth Maul, and Boba (usually never gets called unless the battle goes super long).

It's surprising how strong the B-28 can be even at just 5* and the Sith Fighter/Concussion Mines go right through the Protection on Hound's Tooth.

Is anyone else running the Sith fleet with any success? I definitely don't see any Sith Fighters or B-28's in the top 50 on either of my accounts :D

I stay in top 20 and use a sith & empire fleet and am working on converting to it completely sith/ empire
  • VonZant wrote: »
    So, with new Sith Empire tag, thinking even more we will get Sith Capital and this fleet will be meta.

Hoping.

Leviathan commanded by Darth Malak?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Budgernaut wrote: »

Hoping.

Leviathan commanded by Darth Malak?

That is what I am hoping. I think Nihilus had a capital too. We Will see.
  • Depends on how developed your fleet arena shard is. If all you have to deal with is low-level HT, then sounds fun. If you run it against the falcon, good luck. Could be a good 3rd string for GA, but not worth the farm for me yet (still working on OR for Darth Revan, 6/7 stars).
  • in the top end the sith fighter will hold you back. its job is damage and frankly he is terrible at it. this is the best sith/empire fleet I've come up with (I'm no ship expert but definitely not a novice either) all my pilots are g12 except maul (g11 +5) and RG ( g10 +3) also have most of the Zetas except on bossk. SOMETIMES I can take out a poor falcon team but that will only put me in the top 75 or so.cvyjuscg39of.jpg
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I though his job was to provide TM and foresight to the team?
  • Padas
    52 posts Member
    It is missing a piece still. Probably a sith capital ship.

Currently its super easy to beat on offense.
  • I've been wretched at Fleet Arena until I started with an almost all Sith Fleet. I have my Bomber on reinforcements because of the instant bombs and instead of the Shuttle (since I don't have it), I have the Ebon Hawk. Ever since I started using this, I've gotten into the Top 100—previously unreachable for me—and I rarely get bumped lower than 110. I don't even have Thrawn zeta'd for speed and I'm killing all non-Falcon/Ackbar teams.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Depends on how developed your fleet arena shard is. If all you have to deal with is low-level HT, then sounds fun. If you run it against the falcon, good luck. Could be a good 3rd string for GA, but not worth the farm for me yet (still working on OR for Darth Revan, 6/7 stars).

I mean, the top 100 is ALL 7* Hound's Tooth and the top 30 is HMF fleets. I usually finish between 25 and 40. The only fleet I can't wreck is HMF, but I have beaten those fleets on occasion (maybe, one out of three times?)
    I though his job was to provide TM and foresight to the team?

Yes, this. The foresight is insane when the B28 is recovering protection as fast as it does.