Kit Rework: Bastila Shan (Fallen)

Prev13456
CG_SBCrumb
685 posts EA Community Manager
edited March 2019
Changes in Green

UNIT NAME: Bastila Shan (Fallen)
ALIGNMENT: Dark Side
CATEGORIES: Sith, Support, Sith Empire (Note: Fallen Bastila is losing the Old Republic category tag)
Strong Sith Support who inflicts a large number of debuffs including Shock, Fear, and Corrupted Battle Meditation

ABILITIES:

Basic: Sith Assault
FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy and inflict Ability Block for 1 turn. This attack deals 10% more damage and has +10% Critical Chance for each active Sith ally.

Special 1: Wild Lightning (Cooldown 2)
FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy and Shock them for 3 turns. If the target already had Shock, deal bonus Special damage to all enemies. This bonus damage can't be countered. This ability can't be evaded.

Special 2: Fear (Cooldown 3)

FINAL TEXT: Inflict Fear on target enemy and another random enemy for 1 turn, which can't be copied or dispelled. When each of these Fears expire, inflict Offense Down, Critical Damage Down, Evasion Down, Speed Down, Expose, and Stagger for 2 turns. These effects can't be resisted.

All other enemies are inflicted with Offense Down, Critical Damage Down, Evasion Down, Speed Down, Expose, and Stagger for 2 turns.

Fear: Miss the next turn, can't use abilities, and can't evade. Increase cooldowns by 1 and Fear expires on taking damage from an attack.

Unique 1: Corrupted Battle Meditation

FINAL TEXT: At the start of Bastila's turn, all enemies lose 3% Turn Meter (doubled against non-Jedi and non-Sith) and are inflicted with Corrupted Battle Meditation for 1 turn. Then Bastila recovers 1% Protection for each debuff on enemies.

Corrupted Battle Meditation: -30% Critical Chance, -30% counter chance (doubled against non-Jedi and non-Sith); Corrupted Battle Meditation can't be dispelled.

Unique 2: Sith Apprentice

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Bastila and the character in the leader slot have +50% Defense, Potency, and Tenacity and gain Foresight for 1 turn at the start of battle. If Bastila's leader is another Sith, whenever an enemy is inflicted with Deathmark, Fear, Marked, or Shock, they both gain 5% Offense (stacking up to 100%) for the rest of battle. This ability does not apply to characters in the ally slot.

Unique 3: Force Bond

FINAL TEXT: If Darth Revan is in the leader slot: Bastila and Darth Revan have +70% Max Health and +70% Health Steal, Darth Revan also recovers Protection from Corrupted Battle Meditation, and enemies inflicted with Corrupted Battle Meditation can't inflict debuffs on enemies when they use an ability (excludes Raid Bosses).

If Jedi Knight Revan is on the enemy squad: Bastila gains Advantage and Foresight for one turn at the start of Jedi Knight Revan's turns.
Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on

Replies

• ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Interesting, indeed. :)

It'd be good to know when the rework goes live. ;)
  • Is unique 3 a zeta? Seems awfully strong for an omega upgrade.....
  • Isnt Fear nearly identical to stun?
  • Halo
    98 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Nuked_ogre wrote: »
    Isnt Fear nearly identical to stun?

Yes essentially but the cooldown increase is useful and it’s offset by being ‘dispellable’ if the unit takes damage. This does mean you can force the debuffs out on expiry however, could be useful with a Vader saber throw follow up for big damage
  • Nuked_ogre wrote: »

It looks like it’ll serve exactly the same function, but there would be too much crazy synergy with other Sith if you replaced Fear with Stun...

It also has the mechanic of expiring upon taking damage, so it isn’t quite as useful as Stun

• sith empire tag.. nice :D
  • Trent_Illician
    110 posts Member
    edited March 2019

No, it's better. It also reduces cool downs, but now that I'm thinking about it, it also gets dispelled if the character is injured, soooo.... just different I guess.
  • Once more the sith will rule the meta
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Dwinkelm wrote: »

It looks like it’ll serve exactly the same function, but there would be too much crazy synergy with other Sith if you replaced Fear with Stun...

It also has the mechanic of expiring upon taking damage, so it isn’t quite as useful as Stun

If I read it correctly, when fear expires (potentially from being hit) the character is inflicted with most of the normal debuffs in the game including stagger and expose for two turns. This potentially makes it more devastating than stun since you can get that critical hit and reset tm to zero with a hit.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    Is unique 3 a zeta? Seems awfully strong for an omega upgrade.....
    Nope, triple checked. Unique 3 does not require a Zeta upgrade
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Unique 1: Corrupted Battle Meditation

FINAL TEXT: At the start of Bastila's turn, all enemies lose 3% Turn Meter (doubled against non-Jedi and non-Sith) and are inflicted with Corrupted Battle Meditation for 1 turn. Then Bastila recovers 1% Protection for each debuff on enemies.

Corrupted Battle Meditation: -30% Critical Chance, -30% counter chance (doubled against non-Jedi and non-Sith); Corrupted Battle Meditation can't be dispelled.

The italicized part of this ability is new and should be green right?
  • In the unique 2 ability, the potency is new and should be in green, right?
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Fear: Miss the next turn, can't use abilities, and can't evade. Increase cooldowns by 1 and Fear expires on taking damage from an attack

So if I'm reading this correctly, Fear can be dispelled, but even if it's dispelled the target will only be able to use their basic on their next turn?
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Kit looks good. But what about that god awful Zeta with the Foresight?
  • Previously Fear could not be evaded, but I don't see that now. The way the text reads now it appears as though Fear can be evaded, but once it's applied, then you cannot evade. But it's not 100% clear to me.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Fear: Miss the next turn, can't use abilities, and can't evade. Increase cooldowns by 1 and Fear expires on taking damage from an attack

So if I'm reading this correctly, Fear can be dispelled, but even if it's dispelled the target will only be able to use their basic on their next turn?
    "Inflict Fear on target enemy and another random enemy for 1 turn, which can't be copied or dispelled."
    Cant be dispelled
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Gosh, I don’t think there’s ever been direct unsynergy with an enemy character before!
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Jarvind wrote: »

They really need to rewrite some of these abilities, because it isn’t clear at all. If yours is true they should move the increase cooldowns to the first sentence. I read it as cooldowns are reduced only if hit by an attack.
  • The "Sith Empire" tag...
  • @CG_SBCrumb
    There is some changes on her Unique 2 that haven't been highlighted, notably the fear going towards offense stacking and the 50% potency.

Are any of these being added as part of the zeta or just to the ability as a whole?
  • DarthSmurfX
    81 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I can't wait.

[rubs fingers together maniacally]
  • Jellyglob
    45 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Bastilla (fallen) getting two sets of foresight but I kind of wish they rework that foresight zeta. Real question is how would the AI know how to avoid or attack characters with the Fear Debuff and still hold on defense.

• I’m quite confused by the Fear Debuff. Why have the part about not being able to use abilities? They can’t have an active turn while they have Fear. Unless the ability blocking lingers after they get hit or it expires?

I feel like you don’t want to hit the person with fear now, right?
  • Kit looks good. But what about that god awful Zeta with the Foresight?

I mean we dont know what DR will do/if he has anything to do with foresight
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    Kit looks good. But what about that god awful Zeta with the Foresight?

I mean we dont know what DR will do/if he has anything to do with foresight

Maybe darth revan gets some cool synergy with foresight. So we gotta wait and see.
  • + 70% health and life steal? That's just stupid. I'm really not liking the stupid amount of power creep happening in this game since Reven was released.
  • Jaconis wrote: »
    I’m quite confused by the Fear Debuff. Why have the part about not being able to use abilities? They can’t have an active turn while they have Fear. Unless the ability blocking lingers after they get hit or it expires?

If they can't use their basic ability, then they can't counter or assist.

This discussion has been closed.