CG_SBCrumb
685 posts EA Community Manager
UNIT NAME: HK-47
ALIGNMENT: Dark Side
CATEGORIES: Dark, Attacker, Droid, Sith Empire
Devastating Droid Attacker that excels at taking down Jedi enemies

ABILITIES:

Basic: Request: Die, Meatbag!
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and gain Offense Up for 2 turns. This attack has +30% Critical Damage against debuffed enemies.

Special 1: Havoc (Cooldown 3)

FINAL TEXT: Deal true damage (ignores Defense but can't critically hit) to all enemies, and half that amount an additional time for each debuffed enemy. Then, inflict Tenacity Down on all enemies for 2 turns. This attack deals 20% more damage for each Jedi enemy and can't be countered.

Special 2: Assassination Protocol (Cooldown 9)

FINAL TEXT: Dispel all buffs on target enemy, then deal Physical damage to that enemy. This attack can't be evaded and deals 100% more damage against Jedi. If the target enemy has Deathmark or Fear, this ability's cooldown is reset.

This ability starts on cooldown, and its cooldown is reduced by 1 when an enemy is inflicted with Fear.

Leader: Targeted Elimination

FINAL TEXT: Droid allies have +30% Critical Chance, +20% Critical Damage, and gain 10% Turn Meter on a critical hit.
We will be resetting and returning all the ability materials that were used on HK‌-47’s Leader ability. Find out more details here

Unique 1: Self-Reconstruction

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) When a buff expires on an enemy, HK-47 recovers 5% Health and 5% Protection. When HK-47 uses an ability during his turn, it deals 25% more damage if the target has Deathmark or Fear.

Unique 2: Loyalty to the Maker

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) If HK-47's leader is Darth Revan, HK-47 has the following:
  • +50% Defense, Offense, Potency, and Tenacity
  • +30% Critical Avoidance for each Jedi enemy
  • Cooldown of Assassination Protocol is reset the first time another Sith Empire ally is defeated
  • Enemies with Protection Up can't gain bonus Turn Meter

Replies

• HK Deserves the Old Republic tag, since he can join both JKR and DR.
  • As expected, leadership nerfed to death and useless without Darth revan. Thanks a lot!
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    HK Deserves the Old Republic tag, since he can join both JKR and DR.

You make an excellent point from a storytelling perspective, but if you give him the OR tag then people are going to want him to have synergy with JKR as well.
  • HK22 wrote: »

You make an excellent point from a storytelling perspective, but if you give him the OR tag then people are going to want him to have synergy with JKR as well.

I just want him to have synergy with the Carth OR team. So it should work either way. He wouldn't be a best fit, but he until I get Darth Revan he'd be a better fit into that team than many other characters.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    HK22 wrote: »

I just want him to have synergy with the Carth OR team. So it should work either way. He wouldn't be a best fit, but he until I get Darth Revan he'd be a better fit into that team than many other characters.

Oh, I definitely understand and if he had the OR tag then I would definitely use him as well. He definitely got a boost and will excel under Darth Revan.
  • Halo
    98 posts Member
    As expected, leadership nerfed to death and useless without Darth revan. Thanks a lot!

Dunno why you’re complaining given it was ‘expected’. The leadership ability was borderline broken as they’ve already stated and shoehorned them into making most the of the new droids unable to crit, while all the DR synergy makes perfect sense
  • Erelas
    21 posts Member

Agreed. Since we do not have Revan Redeemed this is the next best option for a chacter that served Revan as a Sith and Revan allied with the OR as well as Meetra Surik. CG_SBCrumb please take this into consideration as it will benefit everyone longterm.
    "Love doesn't lead to the dark side. Passion can lead to rage and fear, and can be controlled... but passion is not the same thing as love. Controlling your passions while being in love... that's what they should teach you to beware. But love itself will save you... not condemn you."
    ―Jolee Bindo, to Revan
  • How about that special one? Run HK 1 speed slower than Sion and you’ve got a nice burst of AoE at the start of matches.

His kit looks ready to carve up some Jedi.
  • mesa176750 wrote: »

I think they are saying that in this scenario HK has joined the DR side. Otherwise we'd have a lightside HK aswell like Bastilla/Badstilla
  • Halo wrote: »
    As expected, leadership nerfed to death and useless without Darth revan. Thanks a lot!

Dunno why you’re complaining given it was ‘expected’. The leadership ability was borderline broken as they’ve already stated and shoehorned them into making most the of the new droids unable to crit, while all the DR synergy makes perfect sense

Because now there are tons of droid characters and other than the separatists absolutely no leader skill to bring them together. They should issue a refund of all the assorted droid zetas like L3 and T3 that just got seriously nerfed.
  • IceNine
    48 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Is it a new Sith Empire tag or a Sith, Empire tags? @CG_SBCrumb
  • jedibaer71
    575 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    hmmmm

could be strong, but NOT with droids....

:-(
    Post edited by jedibaer71 on
  • mesa176750 wrote: »

I think they are saying that in this scenario HK has joined the DR side. Otherwise we'd have a lightside HK aswell like Bastilla/Badstilla

Well there never was a DS/LS HK. HK was allied with you just as much as Canderous for example.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    IceNine wrote: »

Same on both toons. Bastilla has a note saying she's lost OR tag so looks like new tag.

So Sith Empire. Malak confirmed, reworks for assassin and marauder too I'd imagine. Probably get the Leviathan too

Looks like Kotor just keeps on giving.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member

Cause he was created by Darth Revan. Light side Revan didn't need an assassin droid....
  • Worst_Idea_Ever
    233 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Wait... no OR tag?!?!

I guess I jumped the gun...
    TwanSolo | Legion | Find me on Discord: WorstIdeaEver#4048
  • IceNine wrote: »

Look at bastila
  • Liljohnny77p
    1 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Oh stop with all the HK rework complaining. I play at the highest level of the game and even there no one used or uses hk ever. Until the gg rework no one gave a crap about hk lol btw highest levels meaning an almost 5 mil acct in the baddest tw guild ever assembled. Dsr swa 4 life!!!
    Post edited by Liljohnny77p on
  • Oh stop with all the HK rework complaining. I play at the highest level of the game and even there no one used or uses hk ever. Until the gg rework no one gave a crap about hk lol

That's why this is frustrating. Being one of the few to run HK with zeta'd droids on GA defense was unconventional and effective. There's no refund for any of the other droid zetas that are complete garbage without his leadership skill.
  • Oh stop with all the HK rework complaining. I play at the highest level of the game and even there no one used or uses hk ever. Until the gg rework no one gave a crap about hk lol

I've seen plenty of people still using HK for GA, and it was a great clean up team. That being said, I'm understanding of this leadership nerf since his entire kit got a nice buff.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Without Darth revan he already seems like a super charged character against Jedi! Let the Jedi purge begin!
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • CG you could have gained so much faith from the community if you'd made his Unique 2 apply even half values to a droid leader as well. Why do you hate droid synergy so much. This is a proper one two punch with the GG rework.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    Sith Empire is a new tag. More info on this soon!
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Clearly a new tag as these characters precede the Empire by a thousand years and Bastila has both the Sith and Sith Empire tags.
    Still not a he.

Sorry just because you play at the 'highest' level (which isn't a pompous statement at all is it) doesn't mean that other people don't enjoy using characters elsewhere. This game is not just about the top 10 people in PvP.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

HK needs the Old Republic tag. He could still be used on a Carth Lead Old Republic team, and thematically he was allied with both Jedi Knight Revan and Darth Revan. He doesn't need to synergize with Jedi Knight Revan Specifically, but he should be able to synergize with Carth and the other Old Republic characters.
  • Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Without Darth revan he already seems like a super charged character against Jedi! Let the Jedi purge begin!

I bet HK will work well on the GG team!
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Yes a new tag. When are the reworks gonna go live
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    I've seen plenty of people still using HK for GA, and it was a great clean up team. That being said, I'm understanding of this leadership nerf since his entire kit got a nice buff.
    I was hoping for more for his lead, but this put him in the evergrowing pile of droids who are way too useful in non-droid teams to roll with droids.

I'm glad HK-47 is going to be more useful, but sad that this appears to be the final nail in a lot of droids' coffins until we get another good droid lead.
    Still not a he.
  • 2 zetas? Well, that's just silly.