I have a bad feeling about this....

Prev1
AleSahnDroh_1979
950 posts Member
edited March 2019
This new tag “Sith empire”.... I don’t think it will be for 3 characters only (Darth Revan, Fallen Bastila and HK-47).... so we have to expect months of KOTOR content.... again.... and again.....

Replies

• If I had to venture a guess I’d say it’s to prevent running Darth Revan under JKR or vice versa more than anything.
  • I must have missed something; where does it say they are adding this tag?
  • Or trooper/assassin/marauder will get the tag
  • CazNeerg wrote: »
    I must have missed something; where does it say they are adding this tag?

they are removing OR tag from fallen bastila and adding “sith empire”

This new tag “Sith empire”.... I don’t think it will be for 3 characters only (Darth Revan, Fallen Bastila and HK-47).... so we have to expect months of KOTOR content.... again.... and again.....

Exactly what I was thinking. This might all but confirm malak shortly after DR
  • Or trooper/assassin/marauder will get the tag

It’s in Bastila Fallen kit reveal. She will be Sith and Sith Empire.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2019
    It would seem this is more to make a limit to the power of DR. This helps them limit the true effectiveness if his lead. As opposed to Revan who was open to an existing tag.

Unless they add this tag to other existing Sith.

Edit to add, maybe not as it's likely his lead will have Sith bonuses also....
  • It doesn't necessarily mean a lot more KOTOR content. What it *should* mean is several existing characters getting their tags changed.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i have a feeling this will be the last kotor event/toons for the time being. I hope i'm not wrong, haha.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • PoD
    67 posts Member
    And how long have we had the “neutral” alignment tag now? Snaklor and Kyno have reasoned points. But predicting that a tag means new characters is close to a wild guess.
  • Also, regardless of how many people might squawk about it, if there is going to be a Sith Empire tag, the Sith Trooper needs to receive it and lose the Sith tag. Because he's a trooper who works for the Sith, not a Sith.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    Also, regardless of how many people might squawk about it, if there is going to be a Sith Empire tag, the Sith Trooper needs to receive it and lose the Sith tag. Because he's a trooper who works for the Sith, not a Sith.

stop spreading those nonsensical ideas of yours ;) haha
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • poodletron
    126 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I don’t think there’s a lot more they can do with KOTOR other than Malak. I’m expecting a relentless assault of SW:TOR content.
  • sith empire is just prelude to SWTOR :D
  • Probably just to get HK to synergise with darth revan. While being able to prevent stuff like JKR from supervising with him.
  • poodletron wrote: »
    I don’t think there’s a lot more they can do with KOTOR other than Malak. I’m expecting a relentless assault of SW:TOR content.

They can still do Calo Nord, Bendak Starkiller, any number of other supporting characters. But yes, once Malak is in all of the *major* characters will be accounted for. But most of the companions from KOTOR 2 (and the protagonist) still aren't in the game.
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    If they really, really wanted to, they could do another year of KOTOR content. I'm sad we didn't get Bao-Dur. His Shield Breaker arm could be such a unique/fun ability and I can only imagine his animations would be awesome too. Plus he has his little droid companion. Tons of options for fun abilities there.

They could do a whole thing with a Neutral Tag Kreia and the other followers of the Exile from KOTOR 2. Atton Rand, Han Har, GOTO, Handmaiden, Disciple, etc. Ton of untapped content there.

I know some people are sick of KOTOR but it is such a rich game and I love the attention it has gotten this past year.

• Jarvind
    3918 posts Member
    Snaklor wrote: »
    If I had to venture a guess I’d say it’s to prevent running Darth Revan under JKR or vice versa more than anything.

Easy there with the logical, levelheaded ideas there, guy. We wouldn't want to get in the way of an opportunity to pre-emptively complain about something.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Strubz wrote: »
    If they really, really wanted to, they could do another year of KOTOR content. I'm sad we didn't get Bao-Dur. His Shield Breaker arm could be such a unique/fun ability and I can only imagine his animations would be awesome too. Plus he has his little droid companion. Tons of options for fun abilities there.

They could do a whole thing with a Neutral Tag Kreia and the other followers of the Exile from KOTOR 2. Atton Rand, Han Har, GOTO, Handmaiden, Disciple, etc. Ton of untapped content there.

I know some people are sick of KOTOR but it is such a rich game and I love the attention it has gotten this past year.

It would be opening a real can of worms to start using the neutral tag, because if you want to be realistic about it, every single character in the game who isn't a force sensitive should have that tag, *not* dark or light tags. And even some of the force users.
  • Still waiting vor Vitiate/Valkorion :D as the non plus ultra KOTOR character
  • Just give me Episode VI Luke and ill be happy.
  • Kreia would be a treat.
  • H_B0MBZ
    292 posts Member
    I believe they are doing it so JKR can't synergize well with DR. And the sith trio won't work as well with DR because what would be more broken then DR, JKR, Traya, DN, Sion.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Kreia would be a treat.

We already have her ;)
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Kreia would be a treat.

We already have her ;)

Ur probably joking but kreia is traya as a jedi master so before her fall to a sith lord belive it had to do with revan going to the ds
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kreia would be a treat.

We already have her ;)

Ur probably joking but kreia is traya as a jedi master so before her fall to a sith lord belive it had to do with revan going to the ds
    Rather old spoiler:
    As far as I know, the Kreia you see in the game is just disguised Traya, well after her fall to the dark side. So yes, we have the version of Kreia seen in KOTOR2 ;)
  • She was deceiver from the very beginning :)
  • Are you telling me that what we've got in SWGOH so far is just from KOTOR and not TOR and KOTOR 2? I've never played any of them, but I was hoping that we'd be done with it all with DR. Maybe not if there's two more games to take from.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • H_B0MBZ wrote: »
    I believe they are doing it so JKR can't synergize well with DR. And the sith trio won't work as well with DR because what would be more broken then DR, JKR, Traya, DN, Sion.

I'd actually imagine that in addition to DR/HK/Bastila being tagged as sith empire that we will also see marauder, assassin, trooper, dn, traya and sion get it. Based on the HK and bastila rewokrs, I'm not sure Tri would even be the best setup to go with DR.

• StarSon
    7387 posts Member
    Are you telling me that what we've got in SWGOH so far is just from KOTOR and not TOR and KOTOR 2? I've never played any of them, but I was hoping that we'd be done with it all with DR. Maybe not if there's two more games to take from.

Apparently, KOTOR and KOTOR 2 are only a few years apart, but TOR is 300 years after KOTOR 2. So I have been told, anyway.

But, I would bet money that DR is the end of OR content in all its forms for now. I think TCW content starts in earnest next month, and continues through September, when Ep9 stuff starts.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Are you telling me that what we've got in SWGOH so far is just from KOTOR and not TOR and KOTOR 2? I've never played any of them, but I was hoping that we'd be done with it all with DR. Maybe not if there's two more games to take from.

The Revans and everyone needed to get them are from KOTOR, the Sith Triumvirate is from KOTOR2, HK-47, T3-M4 and the Ebon Hawk show up in both. The generic Sith - Trooper, Assasin and Marauder - are a bit nebulous, they could fit nearly anywhere in that era.