Kit Rework: HK-47

Replies

• Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    IceNine wrote: »
    Is it a new Sith Empire tag or a Sith, Empire tags? @CG_SBCrumb
    Sith Empire is a new tag. More info on this soon!

HK needs the Old Republic tag. He could still be used on a Carth Lead Old Republic team, and thematically he was allied with both Jedi Knight Revan and Darth Revan. He doesn't need to synergize with Jedi Knight Revan Specifically, but he should be able to synergize with Carth and the other Old Republic characters.

But that wouldn't fit the game. HK didn't exist before Revan became Darth Revan. When you meet HK in Kotor his toon is heavily Dark side - he also doesn't particularly act nice towards the other light side companions.
  • Could this be teasing those tags for sith trooper and sith marauder and this could be a tease for Darth Malak. If you think about it we never had a reason for the sith marauder and the sith trooper. The sith are one of the only important factions that didn't have a legendary event yet.
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    Oh stop with all the HK rework complaining. I play at the highest level of the game and even there no one used or uses hk ever. Until the gg rework no one gave a crap about hk lol

I've seen plenty of people still using HK for GA, and it was a great clean up team. That being said, I'm understanding of this leadership nerf since his entire kit got a nice buff.

I was building an HK lead team for Grievous for use in TW/GA. It was doing quite well despite still being undergeared. I’m not saying it’s better than the Grievous led separatists, but since I don’t have B1 or Droideka past 3 stars I can’t really get the most out of that squad. B2 under HK lead was extremely powerful. This is absolutely a major nerf to that team. I understand there is a good chance I would have pulled HK off the team anyways because of Darth Revan, but there are plenty of people who won’t have him to do that.
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    IceNine wrote: »
    Is it a new Sith Empire tag or a Sith, Empire tags? @CG_SBCrumb
    Sith Empire is a new tag. More info on this soon!

Are we getting the Darth Revan kit reveal today or later this week? @CG_SBCrumb
  • Erelas
    21 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    HK needs the Old Republic tag. He could still be used on a Carth Lead Old Republic team, and thematically he was allied with both Jedi Knight Revan and Darth Revan. He doesn't need to synergize with Jedi Knight Revan Specifically, but he should be able to synergize with Carth and the other Old Republic characters.
    Absolutely! Don’t forget he served under the OR under an allied Meetra Surik as well.
    @CG_SBCrumb Please note the verity of this, would appreciate this lore appropriate change to be applied.
    "Love doesn't lead to the dark side. Passion can lead to rage and fear, and can be controlled... but passion is not the same thing as love. Controlling your passions while being in love... that's what they should teach you to beware. But love itself will save you... not condemn you."
    ―Jolee Bindo, to Revan
  • RuFiOHHHHH wrote: »
    Ikey wrote: »
    @RuFiOHHHHH you're clearly terrible at this game if you can't see why HK had to be nerfed. Quit crying and learn the mechanics. 50% TM is ridiculously OP

Yep, totally terrible. It's nice when people come out swinging from their mom's basement. Was HK's OP leader skill why HK dominates arena so much?

Regardless of the fact that you're clearly a **** I'm fine with them switching him being just a character on DKR teams as long as they either a) finally release a good droid leader for all the current droids or b) refund the zetas for all the droid-synergy zetas that no longer have a leader. They can't go under grievous and HK's will all transition to being on DKR squads. L3 and T3 zetas are now seriously nerfed as well.

Run them under RJT, there now there's no need to cry for a refund
  • Admiral_Fail
    4 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Honestly, I'm feeling a bit gutted about the HK rework (I know, I know; nobody cares and get over it.) But I've been a huge fans of Droids in the Star Wars universe since I was a kid and have always hoped that we would get a solid Droid leader to make them at least somewhat viable. Not that they need to be META, but I mean a B+ team would be great. I get that droids have almost always been a single character to a squad, but it just would have been cool to finally get a standalone Droid team that isn't completely squishy.
    Dictated but not read, Admiral Fail.
  • Wrathe
    194 posts Member
    RuFiOHHHHH wrote: »
    Oh stop with all the HK rework complaining. I play at the highest level of the game and even there no one used or uses hk ever. Until the gg rework no one gave a crap about hk lol

That's why this is frustrating. Being one of the few to run HK with zeta'd droids on GA defense was unconventional and effective. There's no refund for any of the other droid zetas that are complete garbage without his leadership skill.

You can't go all "butterfly effect" for every change ever patched in. They're kind to restore at all, honestly, but that restoration has a depth of 1. Linked effects are not subject for recompense.
  • As expected, leadership nerfed to death and useless without Darth revan. Thanks a lot!

Disagree. An HK-led droid team was a B-team at best....the new lead keeps the CC gain, reduces the TM gain on crits from 50% to 10%, and adds 20% CD. I hardly call that lead "useless" for droids. It's still a solid lead for what were B-teams anyway.
  • Wrathe wrote: »

That's why this is frustrating. Being one of the few to run HK with zeta'd droids on GA defense was unconventional and effective. There's no refund for any of the other droid zetas that are complete garbage without his leadership skill.

You can't go all "butterfly effect" for every change ever patched in. They're kind to restore at all, honestly, but that restoration has a depth of 1. Linked effects are not subject for recompense.

I don't really care about a refund. I would like there to be any remotely viable droid leadership skill. There was one that could sort of work, now there are 0.
  • Qubit
    59 posts Member
    I'd just like to say @CG_SBCrumb that the hk kit looks great! I believe most would agree alot of time, energy, and thought went into HK 's new kit! I haven't seen him being used in the past 2 years of playing. Thank you for putting him back into rotation! Happy gaming everyone!!!
  • Wrathe
    194 posts Member
    Honestly, I'm feeling a bit gutted about the HK rework (I know, I know; nobody cares and get over it.) But I've been a huge fans of Droids in the Star Wars universe since I was a kid and have always hoped that we would get a solid Droid leader to make them at least somewhat viable. Not that they need to be META, but I mean a B+ team would be great. I get that droids have almost always been a single character to a squad, but it just would have been cool to finally get a standalone Droid team that isn't completely squishy.

Maybe now that the old Leadership is gone, they can improve the kits of droids in general.

Like, make the GG team better!
  • Rework Lobot!
  • have always hoped that we would get a solid Droid leader to make them at least somewhat viable. Not that they need to be META, but I mean a B+ team would be great.

Grievous is that
    TwanSolo | Legion | Find me on Discord: WorstIdeaEver#4048
  • Is he going to get a damage boost? All this extra damage he will supposedly get on his basic vs debuffed enemies or his 100% vs Jedi on his special will be useless unless he gets a significant damage boost.
  • have always hoped that we would get a solid Droid leader to make them at least somewhat viable. Not that they need to be META, but I mean a B+ team would be great.

Grievous is that

Oh yeah? and what about the other eleven droids that could do with even a B grade leader?

Adding 'half this amount' under a droid lead to his Unique 2 would have been a small olive branch to his former droid utility. But nope CG just want you to use him with Revan.
  • Take non crits away from b1 & droideka
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Wrathor wrote: »
    Take non crits away from b1 & droideka

Yes to Droideka, no to B1. B1 rarely hit anything of importance and usually it was multiple hits from multiple B1s that did it. Jedi and clones both feared Droidekas because of their damage potential. That to me reads critical hits.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Am I forgetting something from kotor where hk was anti jedi specifically?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    I mean... killing Jedi was kind of his function.
    Still not a he.
  • Naugrin wrote: »

Darth Revan built him to help him do just that, kill Jedi.
  • Qubit
    59 posts Member
    A new Droid leader would be nice but I find myself using them in other squads so much that it would take away some wins in GA and T wars.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Wrathe wrote: »

I don't really care about a refund. I would like there to be any remotely viable droid leadership skill. There was one that could sort of work, now there are 0.

1) go HK lead cause it still gives CC+CD+TM upon crits
    2) go Lobot lead cause it gives +speed on leadership and he has a TM boost special
    3) go IG88 lead with zT3 to spread DoT's and ramp up your damage
    4) go GG lead
    5) uninstall the game
    ____
    Options 1) - 3) are the "rush down your opponent" strategies that droids were relying on for so long now. Option 4) with reworked GG is the better mid-range option as there's actual survivability given and you can easily win the most matchups with it (so it IS a viable droid leadership).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Well this may be it for me. This may be the final straw. This is such a horrible change and shows the constant one ups the meta has been experiencing making the meta lack any depth and just counter one another. You neuter the only good Droid leader that murders squads people have built up such as HK, T3, IG88. Made him mostly useless outside of a Revan squad. And we ALREADY see what this meta can entail with lines such as "Enemies with Protection Up can't gain bonus Turn Meter". This may have merit down the line but it shows you how brain dead the development is. Where they just say "Hey Jedi gain alot of TM and always have Bonus Protection, hey lets just directly counter that one mechanic!" I am fine with giving him things that make him work well against buffs, thats great. But overly specific lines like this show you dont care about an actual depth in the meta and just want to have a new thing to put out for people to pay for. Before when you dont have such overly specific counter kits backed up with just crazy stats and buffs there were a ton of teams that could be viable some more then others. But now you guys just murder previous metas and then make the team so stupid all previous squads get squandered and left behind so fast. It is really sad to see the direction the meta has been going. I will still wait for the rest of the reveals and see what the matches look like but if they are even remotely close to what JKR has been looking like I will gladly be quitting this game.

Also I would kindly appreciate my T3's Zetas and gear back now to him having nearly no use in my roster.

Also I love all the Anti-Jedi Synergy in HKs kit yet GG couldnt even get a single line of it yet he was the most infamous Jedi killer in the CW era and was known for being what was thought invincible. Yet again another tell tale sign of a money grab. Use the hype to sell GG and make him okay. Then use the minuscule leftover hype from Revan and his meta status to sell him.
  • The critical chance on HK’s lead was only useful because of the 50% Tm gain on a crit. 20% CD does not compensate for that, and he is not even a decent lead anymore. That lead would not have been meta at any point in this game’s life. It is on par with Sidious’s lead. miu17uuqjtmz.png
  • And even after they gutted his TM gain on crit they still made it so that his AOE cannot crit. Nice. Good to see that they will still be taking a dump on droids even after they fixed what they claimed was limiting the droid faction.
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Wrathe wrote: »

1) go HK lead cause it still gives CC+CD+TM upon crits
    2) go Lobot lead cause it gives +speed on leadership and he has a TM boost special
    3) go IG88 lead with zT3 to spread DoT's and ramp up your damage
    4) go GG lead
    5) uninstall the game
    ____
    Options 1) - 3) are the "rush down your opponent" strategies that droids were relying on for so long now. Option 4) with reworked GG is the better mid-range option as there's actual survivability given and you can easily win the most matchups with it (so it IS a viable droid leadership).

1) HK clearly belongs on a DKR squad. It's like putting bb8 on a droid team - really hard to justify sacrificing a better team to build a weaker one. One of his abilities specifies it is ONLY useful if DKR's his leader.
    2) 25 speed is terrible and doesn't justify including Lobot on any team anywhere.
    3) 20% critical chance and a few dots is a pretty terrible leadership skill for L3 and T3 and their droid synergies.
    4) GG lead's solid for some characters. Good for the separatists it is built for but pretty inflexible. 16% of grievous' health as damage for every light side droid makes it pretty costly to include L3 or T3. It's definitely the best of the leadership skills but there is one specific team it is built for.
    5) Man, even relevant posts here have to include some kind of trolling. Lots of incels playing this game these days? It's pretty obvious that there are lots of good non-separatist droid zetas in this game that depend on putting multiple droids together and a lack of a leadership skill that comes close to tying it all together.
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Naugrin wrote: »

Darth Revan built him to help him do just that, kill Jedi.

I never remember that being said...the jedi part i mean lol. Thank you.
  • This is the absolute worst rework ever.
  • This is the absolute worst rework ever.

Worse than Finn?
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."