Kit Rework: Bastila Shan (Fallen)

Replies

• Strubz
    429 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Also how MUCH protection does Darth Revan recover from Corrupted Battle meditation? That seems like a strange thing to omit.

Edit:

Forgot Corrupted Battle Meditation was an actual ability name. Was thinking Revan regained protection based on how many enemies were inflicted with Corrupted Battle Meditation.

So, Darth Revan recovers the 1% protection for each debuff on each enemy. Good stuff.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Even before Darth Revan kit is revealed they've closed the arena again. The squad is designed to destroy JKR, but could have opened up the arena a bit. As it stands, I don't know what will beat this line-up and we don't even know what Darth Revan will do apart from also inflict fear.
  • Strubz wrote: »
    Also how MUCH protection does Darth Revan recover from Corrupted Battle meditation? That seems like a strange thing to omit.

probably the same as Fast
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Strubz wrote: »

probably the same as Fast

Yea, I read that ability wrong. I edited my entry. 1% for each debuff.
  • cynerd
    18 posts Member
    Thank you @CG_SBCrumb
    Nice job you have done with Badstila
    Can't wait for the Darth Raven's kit reveal
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    cynerd wrote: »
    Thank you @CG_SBCrumb
    Nice job you have done with Badstila
    Can't wait for the Darth Raven's kit reveal

Darth Revan: Does everything. No weaknesses. Autowin.

Oh wait. That's some people's fear/want. Real one is coming tomorrow...probably.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • So for Fear, am I understanding it correctly that unless it is cleansed or the character takes damage, they can permanently be in a "stunned" state? Does the increase in cooldowns happen right away? I think I understand "Miss the next turn" to mean if you have fear you miss a turn, but the way it is worded gives some slight confusion. It almost makes it sound like somehow the next turn is skipped immediately after getting Fear even if it gets removed by them taking damage again. I am pretty sure it just means if you have Fear then you miss a turn like stun though, right?
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    mallen87 wrote: »
    So for Fear, am I understanding it correctly that unless it is cleansed or the character takes damage, they can permanently be in a "stunned" state? Does the increase in cooldowns happen right away? I think I understand "Miss the next turn" to mean if you have fear you miss a turn, but the way it is worded gives some slight confusion. It almost makes it sound like somehow the next turn is skipped immediately after getting Fear even if it gets removed by them taking damage again. I am pretty sure it just means if you have Fear then you miss a turn like stun though, right?

The way I'm reading it is that it is like a "stun" for a single turn but with the addition of cooldown increase and the possibility to also dispel the "stun" if the character is damaged. Dunno maybe I'm wrong, I'd love to see it in action for confirmation.
  • mallen87 wrote: »
    So for Fear, am I understanding it correctly that unless it is cleansed or the character takes damage, they can permanently be in a "stunned" state? Does the increase in cooldowns happen right away? I think I understand "Miss the next turn" to mean if you have fear you miss a turn, but the way it is worded gives some slight confusion. It almost makes it sound like somehow the next turn is skipped immediately after getting Fear even if it gets removed by them taking damage again. I am pretty sure it just means if you have Fear then you miss a turn like stun though, right?

I thought the same. Just put fear and forget the toon stunned until battle is over.
  • So Fear can be evaded?
  • It looks like Fear goes through the potency/tenacity check. Zbast may be a counter
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Quailman wrote: »
    + 70% health and life steal? That's just stupid. I'm really not liking the stupid amount of power creep happening in this game since Reven was released.

I mean, I don't disagree that power creep is annoying, but how many matches have you lost due to health steal?

I find health steal to be useful in PVE sometimes and basically irrelevant in PVP because once a character has lost their Protection they're probably going to die on the next hit anyway.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I would like to officially call for a rework of the original Bastila Shan. I am very perturbed that Dark Bastila has a Force Bond with Darth Revan, but normal Bastila doesn't have one with Jedi Revan.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • If Jedi Knight Revan is on the enemy squad: Bastila gains Advantage and Foresight for one turn at the start of Jedi Knight Revan's turns. :lol: This game has become a complete joke. We will have to see what the matches look like but with this kind of kit it just makes me think this will have the same effect of JKR. Of having OP mechanics to counter the previous meta so you have to pay for the new one or suffer. This is really sad to see, how they will throw kit depth out of the window just because they are too lazy to make fun generalized kits and teams and not just make a quick buck. "We have a Jedi meta hmmm.... Ohh I have an Idea! 'Unique 4: If any Jedi is present who is also Old Republic they are instantly defeated.' That'll change the meta :)"
  • Comatose
    62 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Can fear be resisted? I would assume so. The debuffs you get from fear can’t but fear can? Am I reading that right?? So high tenacity mods
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Comatose wrote: »
    Can fear be resisted? I would assume so. The debuffs you get from fear can’t but fear can? Am I reading that right?? So high tenacity mods

These effects can't be resisted is listed AFTER the ability describes all the things that happen. I read effects as everything written before that line so it seems like fear is not resistable. Seem like a one turn isolate that can be dispelled by being hit.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Quailman wrote: »
    + 70% health and life steal? That's just stupid. I'm really not liking the stupid amount of power creep happening in this game since Reven was released.

I mean, I don't disagree that power creep is annoying, but how many matches have you lost due to health steal?

I find health steal to be useful in PVE sometimes and basically irrelevant in PVP because once a character has lost their Protection they're probably going to die on the next hit anyway.

Tell that to jolee. God I hate that guy
  • Would grievous unique dispel fear?
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    So when is Bastila Shan getting a kit upgrade synergy with JKR since these two toons are mirror opposites in kits
  • Ultra wrote: »
    So when is Bastila Shan getting a kit upgrade synergy with JKR since these two toons are mirror opposites in kits

they arent mirror opposites tho
  • Strubz wrote: »
    Comatose wrote: »

These effects can't be resisted is listed AFTER the ability describes all the things that happen. I read effects as everything written before that line so it seems like fear is not resistable. Seem like a one turn isolate that can be dispelled by being hit.

It says these effects can’t be resisted meaning the debuffs after fear
  • And no rock, paper, scissors design. CLS will fail. So will JTR. DR will prolly have an anti revive mechanic so NS will fail too. Sigh.

Along with the recent changes to GA rewards I think it is time to say goodbye...
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    dalosto147 wrote: »
    mallen87 wrote: »

I thought the same. Just put fear and forget the toon stunned until battle is over.

Except at least in Bastila's case, it says it only lasts one turn. So it's basically locked stun+cooldown increase that can be dispelled by you if you hit them.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    HK22 wrote: »
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    Nuked_ogre wrote: »
    Isnt Fear nearly identical to stun?

It looks like it’ll serve exactly the same function, but there would be too much crazy synergy with other Sith if you replaced Fear with Stun...

It also has the mechanic of expiring upon taking damage, so it isn’t quite as useful as Stun

If I read it correctly, when fear expires (potentially from being hit) the character is inflicted with most of the normal debuffs in the game including stagger and expose for two turns. This potentially makes it more devastating than stun since you can get that critical hit and reset tm to zero with a hit.

Except those other debuffs are exclusive to Bastila and are in her kit now, it just says stun instead of fear right now. They are not explicitly linked to Fear.
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    Nuked_ogre wrote: »
    Isnt Fear nearly identical to stun?

It looks like it’ll serve exactly the same function, but there would be too much crazy synergy with other Sith if you replaced Fear with Stun...

It also has the mechanic of expiring upon taking damage, so it isn’t quite as useful as Stun

I want the stun back!
  • ihaveabadfeeling-luke.gif?w=520
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • I assume you will debug her second special (Fear) as part of this rework. Currently, if she uses Fear and stuns the enemy, if that stun is cleansed before it naturally expires, the rest of the unresistable debuffs are not applied ...
  • Cyclonick wrote: »
    And no rock, paper, scissors design. CLS will fail. So will JTR. DR will prolly have an anti revive mechanic so NS will fail too. Sigh.

Along with the recent changes to GA rewards I think it is time to say goodbye...

I don’t think we know enough to say that. Obviously it all depends on Darth Revan. But so far I haven’t seen why JTR or CLS won’t potentially work.
  • Ultra wrote: »

And JKR wasnt even her Master, so why would that make sense?
  • Cyclonick wrote: »
    And no rock, paper, scissors design. CLS will fail. So will JTR. DR will prolly have an anti revive mechanic so NS will fail too. Sigh.

I don’t think we know enough to say that. Obviously it all depends on Darth Revan. But so far I haven’t seen why JTR or CLS won’t potentially work.

A can’t be dispelled -60% crit chance, -60% counter chance, can’t apply debuffs will simply deactivate those teams without a fight, unless you can prevent badstila from taking a turn which will probably be impossible. Let’s not forget that most of a team’s power is in the lead, and we haven’t even seen it yet.
This discussion has been closed.