Changes to Deathmark and Taunt [MEGA]

Prev1
Kyno
32087 posts Moderator
edited March 2019
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
Hi Holotable Heroes,

We will be making some changes to Deathmark and how it interacts with the Taunt and Marked debuffs in preparation for Darth Revan, who will use the Deathmark mechanic. Currently, Taunt and Marked take priority over Deathmark, but Deathmark will be changed to have equal priority.

For example, in current battles, if you Marked one enemy and Deathmarked another enemy, you had to target the Marked character. After the update, you can choose to target either the Marked or Deathmarked character.

Please note that a character who “ignores Taunt” has always also ignored Deathmark and Marked. This will not be affected by the changes above.

<<DEV POST>>

Replies

• Little by little the new meta revealed haha
  • And more changes made to accommodate him. This one is fair enough though.
  • CG didn't address the biggest difference, in that Deathmark can be cleansed while Marked cannot. Will that be changed as well?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    It can be cleansed unless Darth Revan’s kit specifically says that it cannot be dispelled. GG’s marked can be cleansed if memory serves me correctly
  • Doesn’t deathmark provide additional damage, though? I’d say it’s a fair trade off.

If DR places deathmark on someone and then calls Sith empire allies to assist, it would be an instant kill.
  • Youre a good bloke
  • Release the kit!
  • Doesn’t deathmark provide additional damage, though? I’d say it’s a fair trade off.

If DR places deathmark on someone and then calls Sith empire allies to assist, it would be an instant kill.

Good point with the extra damage. I guess it is a good trade off.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Please note that a character who “ignores Taunt” has always also ignored Deathmark and Marked. This will not be affected by the changes above.

Why in the world would I want a character to ignore Marked or Deathmark. Those are the targets, please go hit them, AI.

Extra damage and preventing revive.
    At least thats how it works for DT afaik.

Actually Terminate prevents Revive, not Deathmark. Raid deathmark(phase one pit) cant be revived
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • CG didn't address the biggest difference, in that Deathmark can be cleansed while Marked cannot. Will that be changed as well?

Deathmark from DR will probably be a locked debuff.....sort of like how JTR inflicts a locked healing immunity debuff which can't be cleansed while other characters inflict healing immunity that can be cleansed.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Doesn’t deathmark provide additional damage, though? I’d say it’s a fair trade off.

Actually Terminate prevents Revive, not Deathmark. Raid deathmark(phase one pit) cant be revived

I dont think we have a definition for Deathmark besides that. Are you sure it doesnt also prevent revive?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Doesn’t deathmark provide additional damage, though? I’d say it’s a fair trade off.

Both attacks prevent revive. I believe I've killed toons with deathmark (inflicted by Deathtrooper but killed by Snowtrooper or other imperial trooper) and NS was unable to revive those units
  • Ultra is correct.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Regarding deathmark and revive, it's the Deathtrooper's "Terminate" ability that prevents the revive (unless the ability is actually bugged).

Terminate 3 turn cooldown
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If the target is suffering any debuffs, this attack is a guaranteed Critical Hit. If there are any defeated enemies, also inflict Deathmark for 2 turns, which can't be Resisted. Targets defeated by Terminate can't be revived.

The deathmark debuff itself says:

Deathmark Character loses 50% (0.03% for raid bosses) of max health when hit. Also works as a taunt.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    meh moar OP unbeatable kits incoming
  • Deathmark's in game buff description has been updated to include that it does prevent revives when active. Long press on a character that has Deathmark in battle and it will mention that it prevents revives.
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Regarding deathmark and revive, it's the Deathtrooper's "Terminate" ability that prevents the revive (unless the ability is actually bugged).

Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If the target is suffering any debuffs, this attack is a guaranteed Critical Hit. If there are any defeated enemies, also inflict Deathmark for 2 turns, which can't be Resisted. Targets defeated by Terminate can't be revived.

Deathmark Character loses 50% (0.03% for raid bosses) of max health when hit. Also works as a taunt.

That's probably right. It just seems from my old man memory that anytime any of my NS have died while death marked that they couldn't be revived. It's quite possible they were killed with terminate and I just wasn't playing close enough attention.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »

That's probably right. It just seems from my old man memory that anytime any of my NS have died while death marked that they couldn't be revived. It's quite possible they were killed with terminate and I just wasn't playing close enough attention.
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Deathmark's in game buff description has been updated to include that it does prevent revives when active. Long press on a character that has Deathmark in battle and it will mention that it prevents revives.

Well, there we go. Hopefully gaming-fans.com will update it quickly.

Also I just checked ingame and stealth seems to be a cleanse to deathmark.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

No. You were correct. Deathmark has always prevented revive. Terminate also prevents revives on a killing blow. The description for deathmark just never included the revive prevention clause but like Crumb just posted, they updated it
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    This i like

Marked can be dispelled. JKR’s direct focus specifically says that the marked (and buff immunity, once you zeta it) cannot be dispelled.
  • Ultra wrote: »

No. You were correct. Deathmark has always prevented revive. Terminate also prevents revives on a killing blow. The description for deathmark just never included the revive prevention clause but like Crumb just posted, they updated it

So now that we’re clear on terminate preventing revive, I really hope DR doesn’t have an ability where he places deathmark then calls a group to assist. It could just be a game of who has the fastest DR.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

So now that we’re clear on terminate preventing revive, I really hope DR doesn’t have an ability where he places deathmark then calls a group to assist. It could just be a game of who has the fastest DR.
    Unsure about group assists but he'll most likely inflict deathmark and increase cooldowns -- which would mean fastest Revan wins if true
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Unsure about group assists but he'll most likely inflict deathmark and increase cooldowns -- which would mean fastest Revan wins if true

I'm more concerned about faster bastila. If she corrupt-battle-meditation locks the opposite bastila, it's game over
  • It seems a bit more complex mechanics than JKR, this time round we need speed on DR and maxed out potency and tenacity on Badstilla, but lets wait and see. Would be interesting to see optimal build for a sith team (I like Sion and Nihilus, but I am starting to get a premonition this would be DR-Vader-Badstilla-Emperor-Traya).
  • JMG680
    83 posts Member
    I am excited to see what Darth Revan brings to the game. Anything that changes up arena some will be welcome. All in all CG is doing a great job. I look forward to my time in the game and interacting with my guild mates everyday
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    Awesome ! Now I can replace Deathtrooper by Darth Revan in p3