Pit raid sim rewards?

13Next

Replies

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    If i get a first place score.... why shouldnt i get first place rewards?
    Because then the raid is releasing several times as much resources into the game economy as it's supposed to.

No its not.

Its granting a max score the appropriate rewards for a max score
  • I did the math

Simulating
    Crédits: 15000k
    Guild Coins: 41500
    Han Shards: 500
    Boxes 50 Purple-3

No simulation
    Crédits: 16390k
    Guild Coins: 38050
    Han Shards: 186
    Boxes
    3 Reds
    10 Gold
    10 Purple-3
    10 Purple-4
    10 Blue
    10 Green

You lose 3 boxes with a chance of full equipment, 1 million credits and more guild coins, a better average of boxes, and more han shard to toast in the fragments shop.

The question remains if everyone who can simulate will have access to the fighter's title of the pit.

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    No its not.

Yes, it is.

Granting max score to fifty people is more than granting max score to one, or granting fifteenth place to fifty people. Giving everyone first place rewards would have a dramatic impact on the game economy.
    Still not a he.
  • Once again, an update that could have been a huge win with the players turns out to be meh at best.

Looks like we'll keep right on doing it the way we have been. Maybe we'll think about simming once we have more than 30 people who regularly login and solo it. Until then these so-called rewards would be a net loss for us.
  • Definitely worse for the people who usually participate in the raid. On the other hand it might be good to sim it on weekends and do it actively during the week.
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Iam okay with the rewards bcs everyone in our guild can solo the pit. So i will never be pos 50th with max points earned again. ^^

For us.. simming the raid is the best choice for the whole guild to equalize the payout for everyone.

Simple math ... in each run you will have 10 players with decreased payout. For 5 players nearly nothing changes at all and the rest (35) gets an increased payout.

That seams to be fine for me and for my guild.
  • 25th place rewards for all 🤢

This isnt serious is it?
  • Why can’t everyone have reward corresponding to rank 1?
  • Does anyone know how the sim rewards compare to just soloing the raid and or just signing up and not playing as before??
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    GA_Phoenix wrote: »
    Iam okay with the rewards bcs everyone in our guild can solo the pit. So i will never be pos 50th with max points earned again. ^^

For us.. simming the raid is the best choice for the whole guild to equalize the payout for everyone.

Simple math ... in each run you will have 10 players with decreased payout. For 5 players nearly nothing changes at all and the rest (35) gets an increased payout.

That seams to be fine for me and for my guild.

I'd imagine in most guilds only 10-15 people currently bother autoing the raid and the rest are joiners. This is a major downgrade for those who make an effort.

Personally I have a hard time justifying to the people who actually try that they are gonna get downgraded significantly for everyone else.

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    I'd imagine in most guilds only 10-15 people currently bother autoing the raid and the rest are joiners. This is a major downgrade for those who make an effort.

Personally I have a hard time justifying to the people who actually try that they are gonna get downgraded significantly for everyone else.
    Those 10-15 people are not the ones making an effort. They are the ones with the privilege of availability to the exact fifteen minute window when the raid goes down. And that fifteen minutes is if your guild has rules to artificially inflate how long the rancor is standing. Without that, it's more like a five minute window.

Not everyone has the freedom to be available in that instant. Effort has little to do with it.

The actual effort that goes into soloing the rancor raid is trivial. Most players by mid game have multiple lineups that can solo it reliably on auto as a side effect of other farms. I just send in my P1 hSith team, set the speed to x2 so it doesn't win too quickly, and hit "auto."
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »

Those 10-15 people are not the ones making an effort. They are the ones with the privilege of availability to the exact fifteen minute window when the raid goes down. And that fifteen minutes is if your guild has rules to artificially inflate how long the rancor is standing. Without that, it's more like a five minute window.

Not everyone has the freedom to be available in that instant. Effort has little to do with it.

The actual effort that goes into soloing the rancor raid is trivial. Most players by mid game have multiple lineups that can solo it reliably on auto as a side effect of other farms. I just send in my P1 hSith team, set the speed to x2 so it doesn't win too quickly, and hit "auto."

Fair point. That said, I have a feeling even if all 50 players had the availability for those 5 minutes, it wouldn't increase the numbers of people making the effort by very much. ;)
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    No its not.

Yes, it is.

Granting max score to fifty people is more than granting max score to one, or granting fifteenth place to fifty people. Giving everyone first place rewards would have a dramatic impact on the game economy.

No it is not. All 50 got 1st place score. All 50 should have been getting 1st place. Was a lame solution before is even bigger amount of lameness in this fix.

Its basically saying, we know you can all get 1st and deserve 1st.... but here is 15th... its better than last wink wink
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Again, they have artificially held down guild rewards by not allowing a tie when a tie exists.

Thats a decision they made. The guild is owed the place it scored
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    No it is not. All 50 got 1st place score. All 50 should have been getting 1st place. Was a lame solution before is even bigger amount of lameness in this fix.

Its basically saying, we know you can all get 1st and deserve 1st.... but here is 15th... its better than last wink wink
    For that to work for a game economy, 1st place rewards would need to be balanced such that they work for everyone receiving them. It's not a simple case of, "Giving more stuff is good."

This is especially true when an event has become trivially easy, as is the case with rancor. You haven't "earned" anything by soloing it.

Ties are only plausible in two cases. Soloing a raid and posting zero.

The problems with giving equal rewards for ties:

1) Once the raid becomes soloable, rewards from the raid balloon as more and more people solo it, screwing up the game economy.

2) By having the entire guild post zero save for one person soloing the raid, you can have one person take first place rewards and forty-nine people take second place rewards, again screwing up the game economy, as well as encouraging non-play because participation in that case would punish the guild. And applying that to hSith, the raid has been done with eight people before, and that was pre-3PO, so it could be lower now. You could have the entire guild take home top ten rewards by having nine people play.
    Still not a he.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Again, im not buying that.

Raid was built with reward structure that was destined to be broken when it became super easy. Lack of forward thinking is not a reason to give lesser rewards for sim.

There is no reason a perfect score should get you last place other than artifically holding down the game economy.

If they were worried about it the raid should not have been so rewarding.
    Post edited by ShaggyB on
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member

Raid was built with reward structure that was destined to be broken when it became super easy. Lack of forward thinking is not a reason to give lesser rewards for sim.

There is no reason a perfect score should get you last place other than artifically holding down the game economy.

By that logic, there's no reason beating a node shouldn't yield a shard.

But it's random. Randomness in this case balances out. If all 50 members of your guild solo Rancor every time, yes, you might get 50th this time, and 27th next time, and 3rd the time after that, and in time it will all even out. That may be irritating, but it is by no means broken.

And if you solo the raid, but so do 49 other people, then you have not earned you first place rewards, because you did not beat anyone. You may be annoyed with how that tie is resolved, but you are being denied nothing you are entitled to. All your tying for last earns you is a spot in the drawing for last place.
    Still not a he.
  • Basically, it's better to use our solo teams than to sim it? I have yet to sim a raid personally, but I hear the rewards basically are garbage, by hpit standards.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

The system they put in place, makes guilds equal. The rewards for beating a raid are equal to all guilds. No matter the order or how many scores of equal value, the overall winnings are equal. That is why the system we have in place is there. This is likely done so that no one guild can outpace another guild while doing the same tier raid.
  • I thought the raid simming was going to be cool and I guess if you never bothered to log on and do a little damage (bottom 25?) it is a marked improvement. If you actually cared to try still, raid sim loot is a huge disappointment. That wouldn't be so bad except tank raid loot is also plain old sucky except for maybe the top 3? I usually place in the top 10 and sometimes in the top 3 and it's almost universally disappointing (except for currency). HSTR is great...if you're in the top 10. I know a lot of this has been stated again and again, but if you're going to keep raid sim loot in the toilet, can you at least re-visit tank loot so raiding is still somewhat rewarding? At least give tank raid a decent chance of dropping some stun guns and droid callers? It's starting to feel like the way things are set up the only way I'm going to make decent progress is to spend crystals to buy gear. I hate to give credence to conspiracy theories, but if it walks like a ducks and talks like a duck it must be a rancor?
  • The rewards are supposed to equivalent to what you get between 10 and 15...so if you finish above that, yes the rewards are going to be worse.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    God the gear that the AAT raid gives is just shockingly awful. It’s always MK3 bacta with a side of more bacta gels
  • HAAT raid gear has always been bad. Deal with it and move on.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    No its not.

Yes, it is.

Oh bull

• Dk_rek wrote: »
    No its not.

Yes, it is.

Oh bull

So they cut the actual rewards as a whole , unless you have 40 or more people sign up, but the fact they are increasing the gear crunch by lowering the amount of salvage everyone gets is crap , how about give top 10 salvage and 25-50 place han shard rewards , since everyone has han since we are simming the raid. And the excuse about shard store currency is crap we have the gw. Cantina and arena stores for that , plus assault events. Cmon , this is silly.
  • My guild has simmed 3 pits so far and results have been pretty good
    First sim gave a complete mk5 droid caller
    Second gave a complete carbanti
    Third gave mk5 thermal set salvage
This discussion has been closed.