Darth Revan delays

Prev13456789
Ninjah9
906 posts Member
edited March 2019
3nnbro65t5ir.jpg
I guarantee these delays are due to the fact that the devs are unable to find reasonable counters to Jedi Knight Revan. Its basically fact that JKR is the most ridiculously op character of all time, so much so that he has completely broken arena. And this fact is supported by the outrageous statistics, as JKR now has 90%+ of the meta. And the majority of the player base (even those with Revan) have been bored to death with the broken gameplay. I have been stating for a long time how dangerous for the game it was to create such a ridiculously op character, but no changes have been made. And now I am 99.9% sure that these Darth Revan delays are due to the fact that they are unable to create a serious counter to JKR without again breaking the game.

Any other thoughts on the delay?

Replies

• Ninjah9 wrote: »
    I guarantee these delays are due to the fact that the devs are unable to find reasonable counters to Jedi Knight Revan. Its basically fact that JKR is the most ridiculously op character of all time, so much so that he has completely broken arena. And this fact is supported by the outrageous statistics, as JKR now has 90%+ of the meta. And the majority of the player base (even those with Revan) have been bored to death with the broken gameplay. I have been stating for a long time how dangerous for the game it was to create such a ridiculously op character, but no changes have been made. And now I am 99.9% sure that these Darth Revan delays are due to the fact that they are unable to create a serious counter to JKR without again breaking the game.

Any other ideas on the delay?

What delay?
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    What delays?
  • Maybe their just taking their time and making sure his kit works right.. ya know like the community has asked them to do? I’m glad their not rushing his kit. Patience
  • Jaden
    162 posts Member
    Delays?
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    What delays?

Based on previous legendary character releases, most players anticipated Darth Revan would be released this week. And the devs acknowledging that release date said that the release will probably be later.
  • H_B0MBZ
    292 posts Member
    I don't think they are delaying but treading carefully. Can't have another GG mishap. Honestly idk how DR can win. With 325+ spd Revan teams I can almost guarantee DR will be the first Target marked. Even if they do have identical speeds the hk and Bastila kits were released and correct me if I'm wrong they don't give DR bonus spd therefore Jolee Bastila etc will always make JKR faster and always applying mark making the new shiny DR obsolete.

Hopefully CG planned for this contingency.
  • They said they retracted the initial teaser video because it had the 21st as the start date, and they were not certain that was the exact date the event will launch. Could be the 21st, could be tomorrow, could be the 28th. No official news of a delay yet.
    What delays?

Based on previous legendary character releases, most players anticipated Darth Revan would be released this week. And the devs acknowledging that release date said that the release will probably be later.

But it hasnt happened yet?
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Just added the pic of them acknowledging the push back
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    They said they retracted the initial teaser video because it had the 21st as the start date, and they were not certain that was the exact date the event will launch. Could be the 21st, could be tomorrow, could be the 28th. No official news of a delay yet.

May not be "official news" but retracting a heavily anticipated trailer is a pretty good indicator that there are delays...
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    H_B0MBZ wrote: »
    I don't think they are delaying but treading carefully. Can't have another GG mishap. Honestly idk how DR can win. With 325+ spd Revan teams I can almost guarantee DR will be the first Target marked. Even if they do have identical speeds the hk and Bastila kits were released and correct me if I'm wrong they don't give DR bonus spd therefore Jolee Bastila etc will always make JKR faster and always applying mark making the new shiny DR obsolete.

Lol, you are absolutely correct. But I dont think they planned for this. Revan's kit is just the biggest most ridiculous mistake I've ever seen a competitive based game make. Really shows how oblivious the devs were to the consequences of this mistake.

IT SAYS COULD, NOT IT WILL
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Semantics 🤪. The fact that they are unsure is a pretty good sign something is wrong...
  • Well considering the pack durations (always planned to end with the event) along with the announcement, trailer and character reveals, and considering that 99% of players are expecting a release on the 21st, a delay will be a monumental embarrassment.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    ...Yep
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    What delays?

they did not say probably, as you can see in the quote you added. they also said nothing about his kit or any to that effect, which they did mention last time.

this is also not legendary, and we still have 3 days until the date they gave, it couldn't be any earlier due to the schedule set by the release cadence.

do you mean his kit would be released this week? there is still time its only monday.

That's not a push back. They never announced a launch date. I'm 99.9% sure this isn't the first time they missed an internal target. They just happened to mistakenly publish that target.

What they did with GA to have it launch on a business day is a push back.

I'm not really sure what the point of this thread is. Pointless speculation? Riling up the masses?

They're not going to share anything about that date, what might change that date, or any work currently happening. And when they release Darth Revan you'll be able to find whatever you want to confirm your theories. It's a self fulfilling prophecy. You'll just never know if it's accurate (it probably isn't).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They said they retracted the initial teaser video because it had the 21st as the start date, and they were not certain that was the exact date the event will launch. Could be the 21st, could be tomorrow, could be the 28th. No official news of a delay yet.

May not be "official news" but retracting a heavily anticipated trailer is a pretty good indicator that there are delays...

they didn't retract the trailer, it is still up and in its almost entirely original form, short of the date being in it.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    What delays?

But they never had an official post giving a timeline. Player assumption is just that. The only way you can have a delay is when you have a release date and then its missed.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    H_B0MBZ wrote: »

How do we know DR doesnt get speed bonuses? Dont know about you but I haven't seen his kit yet
  • Kyno wrote: »
    What delays?

they did not say probably, as you can see in the quote you added. they also said nothing about his kit or any to that effect, which they did mention last time.

this is also not legendary, and we still have 3 days until the date they gave, it couldn't be any earlier due to the schedule set by the release cadence.

do you mean his kit would be released this week? there is still time its only monday.

You’re right, but it’s reasonable for us to expect a release on the 21st. The packs are always (no exceptions) released a week before the event starts for 14 days, timed to expire with the event. If they miss the 21st, it’s a delay, no matter which way they try to spin it.

It’s never happened before, hopefully it won’t happen this time either.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    I don't think it'll be delayed and should release by the 21st

Looks like they've already came up with a good JKR counter. I don't think the developers are too concerned with breaking the game. They like to apply bandages instead
    3nnbro65t5ir.jpg

Any other thoughts on the delay?

The statement is CG protecting itself from false advertising. If they say the event is happening 3/21 and some unforeseen problem came then legally anyone who spent anything on Darth Revan could ask for a refund and cite false advertising.

So any company with common sense isn’t going to paint themselves in a corner. Will it launch 3/21... absolutely. Unless there are substantial unforeseen circumstances which I absolutely highly doubt.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Palanthian wrote: »
    What delays?

You’re right, but it’s reasonable for us to expect a release on the 21st. The packs are always (no exceptions) released a week before the event starts for 14 days, timed to expire with the event. If they miss the 21st, it’s a delay, no matter which way they try to spin it.

yes at that point we could cause it a delay, but since they stated the 21st may not be the official release date, then really they are only late, if they miss a date that they say is the release date.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Kit is up for reworks and details about deathmark changes are up.

Its probably still this week... just may be friday instead of thursday....

Or it could be thursday
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    What delays?

Have they ever launched an event without a week's notice before? The last two Journeys had a week. JKR announced Oct 9, launched Oct 18. RJT announced on Dec 6, launched Dec 15. Both times the announcement contained the launch date.

If this event goes live in Mar 21, I believe it will be the first time they've not committed to a launch date a week, or more, in advance.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    What delays?

No, they didn't say anything about his kit, and they wouldn't even if it were true. This post is written with the assumption that if there was a problem with the character release, that they would not directly acknowledge it. That should be obvious. And what do you mean this is "not legendary" it seems pretty clear to most players that this is a legendary event, as marquee events dont require other characters to unlock. Are you unaware of that fact???
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

That's not a push back. They never announced a launch date. I'm 99.9% sure this isn't the first time they missed an internal target. They just happened to mistakenly publish that target.

What they did with GA to have it launch on a business day is a push back.

I'm not really sure what the point of this thread is. Pointless speculation? Riling up the masses?

They're not going to share anything about that date, what might change that date, or any work currently happening. And when they release Darth Revan you'll be able to find whatever you want to confirm your theories. It's a self fulfilling prophecy. You'll just never know if it's accurate (it probably isn't).

Cool story bro 😎
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    What delays?

No, they didn't say anything about his kit, and they wouldn't even if it were true. This post is written with the assumption that if there was a problem with the character release, that they would not directly acknowledge it. That should be obvious. And what do you mean this is "not legendary" it seems pretty clear to most players that this is a legendary event, as marquee events dont require other characters to unlock. Are you unaware of that fact???

Its not a legendary.

Its a journey event just like Jedi Knight Revan
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    I don't think it'll be delayed and should release by the 21st

Looks like they've already came up with a good JKR counter. I don't think the developers are too concerned with breaking the game. They like to apply bandages instead

Yea we'll see, my main point is that after over 6 months of preparation the fact that they are unsure about the release date is not a good sign. And a 1-2 week window, after advertising a march 21st release date is not an indicator that things are under control.