Please Listen. I Timed The Timesuck Today, It's Out Of Control:

Prev134
Gifafi
6017 posts Member
edited March 2019
The biggest problem with the game is the insane amount of time required (in before someone hilariously points out "you don't HAVE to do anything/everything!" derp) to do just the daily tasks, battles, sign-ups and raids, etc.

2:15:33. That's 2 hours, 15 minutes, and 33 seconds today. Almost an hour of which was just the basic daily stuff.

I timed everything, and will explain what I didn't do as well (as in what wasn't available today). I also didn't account for any wait-time in-between challenges/arena/ship battles, as I either did something else in-game or shut it down to come back later. If you want to add those too I don't really math but 2-8m iirc, each, depending on which one.

Anyhoo, here's everything I did:

1. daily challenges, regular and ship.
2. used energy (ship, reg, mod, cantina) for chars/gear/mods
3. squad arena battles
4. ship arena battles
5. galactic war
6. rebel roundup
7. signed up for GA
8. signed up for Guild raid
9. collected energy bonuses, raid/arena/ship
I think that's all the regular stuff, if I am forgetting a daily thing lmk.

(Simmed everything available to sim.)

10. Played the bonus tier of Rebel Roundup (bc it's one of the fun events, if I had auto-ed like I did the other lower 2 levels shave some seconds off, maybe - AI isn't as good at getting the kill bonuses so I could have been faster playing it myself, idk. Either way the difference is negligible).
11. Tank Raid: played first stage with the finn auto team, but couldn't get it going right and died towards the end (escaped 3po and gmy, fwiw). Then did an arena battle, then got back in at end of stage 2, played for a few minutes then auto-ed the rest, then jumped back in arena battles. Did ship battles in-between arena battles, fwiw)
12. Set 1 defense in GA
13. Clicked "join" on rancor. Thanks Devs, for real, on that one!
14. Oops, forgot above in "regular stuff and now too hard to fix numbering lol: checked stores for items/mods at every store change (so like 3-4 times? not sure tbh)

What I didn't include:
15. ANY setting of GA defenses (I actually set one but I usually wait until morning, so didn't count it. Add that to tomorrow too!)
16. ANY GA attacks (rinse-repeat for 3 rounds. Obv this wouldn't be in one day but you see the point).
17. ANY hsith raid time, which is a lot. Jtr, Revan, NS, etc all take a lot of time still (having hsth on farm still takes a loooong time, plus you have to jump in at certain times with the certain teams.
18. ANY TW defense
19. ANY TW attacks (which also take longer than just the attack-time bc of waiting/clearing zones)
20. ANY TB attacks (the best guild event in the game imo)
21. anything else I'm forgetting? Like other Events that take a long time, like the NS one I [EDIT: Auto, not sim. It can't be simmed iirc] sim and it still takes forever. Idk.

I'm a 4m GP player, played since late December 2015, so I can sim almost everything and auto pretty much everything, in an active guild. Just fwiw

I understand the arena/TW/raid type stuff will take longer, but the little things themselves took 56:43.

That's almost an hour of just clicking on the basic stuff!

PLEASE DEVS, Do something about the amount of time the little things take. I don't understand why you seem to think having us click so many times makes you money. I know for one if there was one-click ability and I didn't waste an hour of my day I would be more inclined to buy crystals to do more stuff, tbh. But as it it...

*tl;dr: game takes too long. An HOUR just for the basic clicking. Please make the timesuck less, devs.

@CG_SBCrumb @Kyno (I know your not a dev, but please pass this along? @CG_Carrie @CG_RyDiggs Hope these link right.
Maybe End Game isn't for you
Post edited by Gifafi on

Replies

• Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    I finished evening while drinking my morning coffee. Didn't even take half an hour for me.
  • A lot of this you listed are simple click buttons. Galactic war? Sim it. Using energy? Sim it. Signing up for GA and raid? One click. Collecting energy? One click. I’m not sure how it took you two hours. Must have a slow phone then Buddy.
  • Yea i do everything before bed other then arena or a few challenges but other then that finished all daily challenges but pvp in about 15 min or do normally
  • Same even with raids i still want more going on wouldn't mind 4 to 6 hrs of day of stuff to do and the more u played the more you progressed
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Devs are slowly introducing changes that reduce time sink, like default max number of sims so that you have less buttons to click and save more time, but then people start to rage and say it's a money grab. Devs just can't win.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Gannon wrote: »
    I finished evening while drinking my morning coffee. Didn't even take half an hour for me.

lol sure it did
    A lot of this you listed are simple click buttons. Galactic war? Sim it. Using energy? Sim it. Signing up for GA and raid? One click. Collecting energy? One click. I’m not sure how it took you two hours. Must have a slow phone then Buddy.

try reading the post. unreal
    Yea i do everything before bed other then arena or a few challenges but other then that finished all daily challenges but pvp in about 15 min or do normally

lol ok
    I guess I’m one of those sorry individuals that likes playing the game and wants more content, not less.

no one said anything about content. Do you have fun doing TAC battles? then great. Devs should leave the option to do everything manually. I just want the mindless clicking time to be reduced
    Same even with raids i still want more going on wouldn't mind 4 to 6 hrs of day of stuff to do and the more u played the more you progressed

how about 10 hours? mbn
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Devs are slowly introducing changes that reduce time sink, like default max number of sims so that you have less buttons to click and save more time, but then people start to rage and say it's a money grab. Devs just can't win.

default to max doesn't save any time, it wastes time for anyone who doesn't want to max everything. it was fine before. There are a bunch of things that could actually save time. like, what I said in my post

Seriously, if anyone wants to comment on what I actually said and not just blabber nonsense about something they didn't read, lmk please. amazing responses so far smh
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • PepsiAddict
    311 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    So...just so summarize this thread: “I enjoy playing this game, but feel obligated to be in it too much.” 🤯
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • DarthRevan1023
    637 posts Member
    edited March 2019

I did say daily challenges except pvp dosent take long sim everything and do a few refreshes and still sim more so yes 15 min is easily possible can do it faster if i dont bounce around to do both challenges 2 or 3 times

And yes i do want way more time in game get dailies done and simming takes no time and i only do i fleet on auto so normally 3 to 4 min and 1-7 arena battles depending on how far i fall so about 5 to 1.5 hrs including the down time between matches and not doing anything

So not sure how it takes u that long to do everything unless u are doing gw manually and not simming and doing everything manually
  • I understand that sometimes there is a lot going on, depending on what raids that your guild has going on, and what events are happening at the time.

However items 1,2,3,4 and 5 take me a few minutes at most. I usually do a squad arena match first, so by the time I do everything else it is almost ready for the next one. Items 7,8,9 and 13 are literally just clicking a button.
    Gifafi wrote: »

21. anything else I'm forgetting? Like other Events that take a long time, like the NS one I sim and it still takes forever. Idk.

How can it take forever if you are simming it?

All in all, unless you spent a ton of time in the raids, I do not see how this took you over 2 hours. Items 1-9 ( the daily stuff), shouldn't take more than 20 minutes, unless you are doing waiting to do more than 2 arena matches, I usually do 2 when I first log on to do dailies and do the other three later in the day.

I know that you don't want to hear this, but from the other comments and my own play experience I don't see why this takes you 2 hours.
  • How are you setting ga defences during the join period?
    No wonder you're taking so long if you're playing events before they launch
  • Your suggestion to fix "the little stuff" so it takes less time just doesn't make sense. I don't know how you stretched it all out to an hour. I can usually do it all while taking my morning constitutional.
  • not for sure how it takes an hour , most of the stuff is one click sim , other than raids and arena , at most 30 mins and that's taking my time while eating breakfast. i must me a minority cause i actually want more stuff to do so im actually playing a game and not hitting a couple simple buttons then going to do other games.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    It doesn't need to take longer than the time from the first daily challenge to the last.
    Escape from battle if pressed for time and you don't care.

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Seriously. It takes about 20 minutes if you use the full 5 minutes in each arena battle.

Squad arena, challenge, spend energy, level Ship, Ship challenge, Ship arena, ship challenge, Galactic War, challenge, store, squad arena. Be careful or you might run out of your eleventy-billion sim tickets.

Add an event and it takes another 20 if you manually fight every battle.

Now, if you timed everything including typing your really long and beautifully formatted post, 2.5 hours is about right. Learn to love typos!
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    This is the most meta complaint I've seen.

You're complaining about actually having to play the game.
  • First world problem if I've ever seen one. Quit the game then, we don't want you to have cramps in your fingers from too much clicking ;)
  • Add on Bronziums and you’d be there for several more hours.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Could you tell us how long each of the tasks you listed actually took you rather than just a final total?
    I mean, you've listed 14 things and if they averaged 10 minutes each then you have only just reached your total of 2h15. But claiming energy doesn't take 10 minutes. Signing up for a Raid or GA doesn't take 10 minutes. Setting a single defence in Territory War doesn't take 10 minutes. So that's 4 items right there which take a minute each or possibly two for placing the defence if you thought for a while about where to place it.
    So now you're down to 10 items from your list and 130 minutes. 13 minutes on average for each of them? Really?
    So as I ask, please tell us how long each individual item on your 14 point list took you. Thank you.
  • JMG680
    83 posts Member
    I think a lot of people enjoy the game and run out of things to do on here in a day. I use all my time doing battles and not siming just so I can log on at any time and have something to do when I want too.
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    The biggest problem with the game is the insane amount of time required (in before someone hilariously points out "you don't HAVE to do anything/everything!" derp) to do just the daily tasks, battles, sign-ups and raids, etc.

2:15:33. That's 2 hours, 15 minutes, and 33 seconds today. Almost an hour of which was just the basic daily stuff.

I timed everything, and will explain what I didn't do as well (as in what wasn't available today). I also didn't account for any wait-time in-between challenges/arena/ship battles, as I either did something else in-game or shut it down to come back later. If you want to add those too I don't really math but 2-8m iirc, each, depending on which one.

Anyhoo, here's everything I did:

1. daily challenges, regular and ship.
    2. used energy (ship, reg, mod, cantina) for chars/gear/mods
    3. squad arena battles
    4. ship arena battles
    5. galactic war
    6. rebel roundup
    7. signed up for GA
    8. signed up for Guild raid
    9. collected energy bonuses, raid/arena/ship
    I think that's all the regular stuff, if I am forgetting a daily thing lmk.

(Simmed everything available to sim.)

10. Played the bonus tier of Rebel Roundup (bc it's one of the fun events, if I had auto-ed like I did the other lower 2 levels shave some seconds off, maybe - AI isn't as good at getting the kill bonuses so I could have been faster playing it myself, idk. Either way the difference is negligible).
    11. Tank Raid: played first stage with the finn auto team, but couldn't get it going right and died towards the end (escaped 3po and gmy, fwiw). Then did an arena battle, then got back in at end of stage 2, played for a few minutes then auto-ed the rest, then jumped back in arena battles. Did ship battles in-between arena battles, fwiw)
    12. Set 1 defense in GA
    13. Clicked "join" on rancor. Thanks Devs, for real, on that one!
    14. Oops, forgot above in "regular stuff and now too hard to fix numbering lol: checked stores for items/mods at every store change (so like 3-4 times? not sure tbh)

What I didn't include:
    15. ANY setting of GA defenses (I actually set one but I usually wait until morning, so didn't count it. Add that to tomorrow too!)
    16. ANY GA attacks (rinse-repeat for 3 rounds. Obv this wouldn't be in one day but you see the point).
    17. ANY hsith raid time, which is a lot. Jtr, Revan, NS, etc all take a lot of time still (having hsth on farm still takes a loooong time, plus you have to jump in at certain times with the certain teams.
    18. ANY TW defense
    19. ANY TW attacks (which also take longer than just the attack-time bc of waiting/clearing zones)
    20. ANY TB attacks (the best guild event in the game imo)
    21. anything else I'm forgetting? Like other Events that take a long time, like the NS one I sim and it still takes forever. Idk.

I'm a 4m GP player, played since late December 2015, so I can sim almost everything and auto pretty much everything, in an active guild. Just fwiw

I understand the arena/TW/raid type stuff will take longer, but the little things themselves took 56:43.

That's almost an hour of just clicking on the basic stuff!

PLEASE DEVS, Do something about the amount of time the little things take. I don't understand why you seem to think having us click so many times makes you money. I know for one if there was one-click ability and I didn't waste an hour of my day I would be more inclined to buy crystals to do more stuff, tbh. But as it it...

*tl;dr: game takes too long. An HOUR just for the basic clicking. Please make the timesuck less, devs.

@CG_SBCrumb @Kyno (I know your not a dev, but please pass this along? @CG_Carrie @CG_RyDiggs Hope these link right.

Thats why I said that we should have sim on auto battles on a qol changes needed thread, but after a while it just got lost and no one replied to it
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I don't know man, the basic clicking stuff doesn't take me very long at all.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nope it dosent tske that long. timed it tonight less then 3 min to do all dailies except both arenas
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    It's worth pointing out that your study is purely subjective - with you seeing the time spent as an issue

However, given the average mobile device user in the US spends 5 hours a day with fingers to the screen, it's really not a significant amount of time.
  • I go back and forth a bit on this issue. I have days where my life is busy and it feels like I'm missing events/energy etc. and I also have days where I'm bored senseless and keep picking up my phone in case some new thing on SWGOH magically appeared ;)

Personally; I don't feel like the basic clicking stuff takes much time at all though, it's more raids, guild events and arena climbs for me and I'm not sure it's even really the time requirement that gets my goat, more the specific time to play requirement.
  • It takes about 11 minutes to do everything.
  • In terms of dailies, if you start with an arena battle, you can fit all the others in the 10 minutes it takes the arena timer to reset.
  • IDinDooNuffin
    459 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Took me about an hour to complete my dailys. And i didnt have to be to work today so I ran a few GW's manually
  • It takes me about 20 minutes to do daily quests, but when you add raids and other events, time adds up. I know I've played this game for 2 hrs or more on occasion, but not every day.

It used to take me longer with my old phone, especially starting up the game. It's faster on my computer.

One guy mentioned learning to love typos, but I really appreciated the detailed original post. My only suggestion would be to eliminate all acronyms to widen the reader base that can understand your message. (I am joking here.)