Darth Revan delays

Replies

• Ninjah9 wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    Just added the pic of them acknowledging the push back

That's not a push back. They never announced a launch date. I'm 99.9% sure this isn't the first time they missed an internal target. They just happened to mistakenly publish that target.

What they did with GA to have it launch on a business day is a push back.

I'm not really sure what the point of this thread is. Pointless speculation? Riling up the masses?

They're not going to share anything about that date, what might change that date, or any work currently happening. And when they release Darth Revan you'll be able to find whatever you want to confirm your theories. It's a self fulfilling prophecy. You'll just never know if it's accurate (it probably isn't).

Cool story bro 😎

Thank you. Certainly more truth to it than nonsense about things CG never said and will never admit to. So I'm glad you liked it and admitted it's cool and therefore accurate.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Palanthian wrote: »
    What delays?

Based on previous legendary character releases, most players anticipated Darth Revan would be released this week. And the devs acknowledging that release date said that the release will probably be later.

they did not say probably, as you can see in the quote you added. they also said nothing about his kit or any to that effect, which they did mention last time.

this is also not legendary, and we still have 3 days until the date they gave, it couldn't be any earlier due to the schedule set by the release cadence.

do you mean his kit would be released this week? there is still time its only monday.

You’re right, but it’s reasonable for us to expect a release on the 21st. The packs are always (no exceptions) released a week before the event starts for 14 days, timed to expire with the event. If they miss the 21st, it’s a delay, no matter which way they try to spin it.

It’s never happened before, hopefully it won’t happen this time either.

yes at that point we could cause it a delay, but since they stated the 21st may not be the official release date, then really they are only late, if they miss a date that they say is the release date.

So being late isnt a delay??? Unreal 😱
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »
    What delays?

Based on previous legendary character releases, most players anticipated Darth Revan would be released this week. And the devs acknowledging that release date said that the release will probably be later.

But they never had an official post giving a timeline. Player assumption is just that. The only way you can have a delay is when you have a release date and then its missed.

Maybe not "official", but when you go by history, the timing of the packs, and the glaring MARCH 21ST displayed in the trailer; logical players could easily infer that he was intended to be released on this date. Not to mention, they gave themselves a 1-2 week window, which is a pretty good sign something is wrong. I mean if you guys want to be eternal optimist, then go ahead. But all of these signs coupled with recent history, the addition of a new faction, and a rework of a character who is only a few months old, does not say to me everything is going as planned...
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    What delays?

they did not say probably, as you can see in the quote you added. they also said nothing about his kit or any to that effect, which they did mention last time.

this is also not legendary, and we still have 3 days until the date they gave, it couldn't be any earlier due to the schedule set by the release cadence.

do you mean his kit would be released this week? there is still time its only monday.

No, they didn't say anything about his kit, and they wouldn't even if it were true. This post is written with the assumption that if there was a problem with the character release, that they would not directly acknowledge it. That should be obvious. And what do you mean this is "not legendary" it seems pretty clear to most players that this is a legendary event, as marquee events dont require other characters to unlock. Are you unaware of that fact???

Its not a legendary.

Its a journey event just like Jedi Knight Revan

My bad got those mixed up I guess. But still besides the point.
    What delays?

But they never had an official post giving a timeline. Player assumption is just that. The only way you can have a delay is when you have a release date and then its missed.

Maybe not "official", but when you go by history, the timing of the packs, and the glaring MARCH 21ST displayed in the trailer; logical players could easily infer that he was intended to be released on this date. Not to mention, they gave themselves a 1-2 week window, which is a pretty good sign something is wrong. I mean if you guys want to be eternal optimist, then go ahead. But all of these signs coupled with recent history, the addition of a new faction, and a rework of a character who is only a few months old, does not say to me everything is going as planned...

Ok why are you complaining about getting more time to farm for him? It doesnt make sense.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Just added the pic of them acknowledging the push back

That's not a push back. They never announced a launch date. I'm 99.9% sure this isn't the first time they missed an internal target. They just happened to mistakenly publish that target.

What they did with GA to have it launch on a business day is a push back.

I'm not really sure what the point of this thread is. Pointless speculation? Riling up the masses?

They're not going to share anything about that date, what might change that date, or any work currently happening. And when they release Darth Revan you'll be able to find whatever you want to confirm your theories. It's a self fulfilling prophecy. You'll just never know if it's accurate (it probably isn't).

Cool story bro 😎

Thank you. Certainly more truth to it than nonsense about things CG never said and will never admit to. So I'm glad you liked it and admitted it's cool and therefore accurate.

....🤣 that is some master debating right there
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Riffinator wrote: »
    What delays?

Ok why are you complaining about getting more time to farm for him? It doesnt make sense.

Not complaining about farm time. Just highlighting the fact that the devs have made major mistakes with JKR that they wont acknowledged. And that it is coming back to haunt them on this release. And we are likely to get another 6 months of a broken arena...
  • What delays? Anyone that’s worked for a large company knows that there is an approval process. Release dates probably have to be signed off by various levels of management. So if it was announced before going through those processes, it has to be redacted until it’s officially signed off on. In other words, everyone is covering their a$$ just in case. Nothing about a delay benefits them. In fact, we’ve even seen broken content be released. On 3/22 we can talk about so callled “delays”.

but then what would we complain about until then?
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Stop feeding the trolls. 😂
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    What delays? Anyone that’s worked for a large company knows that there is an approval process. Release dates probably have to be signed off by various levels of management. So if it was announced before going through those processes, it has to be redacted until it’s officially signed off on. In other words, everyone is covering their a$$ just in case. Nothing about a delay benefits them. In fact, we’ve even seen broken content be released. On 3/22 we can talk about so callled “delays”.

Lol, just answered this mirror comment on reddit.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    So yes a delay does not benefit them, which is one of my main points. Something is clearly off about the release. Can I prove it to you without reasonable doubt? No. But I think anybody who isnt a shill, could see something is wrong here...
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member

CG: "The previous version of this video went live earlier today that contained a date of March 21st. This was posted in error and the date is not finalized at this point. The Scourge of the Old Republic event could start on this date, but there are still aspects we are finalizing, and we can't commit to a date unless we are absolutely certain it will go live that day. That said, the event is highly likely to start in the next 1-2 weeks barring any major issues. Thank you for your understanding and hope you enjoy the trailer."

I dont see what the big deal is??? Clearly they have been planning this for over 6 months. And with the recent major changes to factions, characters, and uncertainty of release dates; it pretty clear: THINGS AREN'T GOING AS PLANNED. PERIOD. That is all I'm saying, and I've already stated why I think things aren't going as planned, and wanted to see what other players thought might be up.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    What delays? Anyone that’s worked for a large company knows that there is an approval process. Release dates probably have to be signed off by various levels of management. So if it was announced before going through those processes, it has to be redacted until it’s officially signed off on. In other words, everyone is covering their a$$ just in case. Nothing about a delay benefits them. In fact, we’ve even seen broken content be released. On 3/22 we can talk about so callled “delays”.

Mirror comment to the equally stupid thread on Reddit. The same rumors were viral when JKR was released and he came out on time. Talk to me on 3/22.

Yea he came out on time.....and now look at the game. One team is over 90% of the meta, the game is broken. That's kinda my whole point....
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I am tired about the word “revan”

I dont want to hear or read this word anymore.

Please Dev make Revan as good as CUP so we can forget about him forever

Mirror comment to the equally stupid thread on Reddit. The same rumors were viral when JKR was released and he came out on time. Talk to me on 3/22.
    And they scrambled to put the kit together last second and look where it got us.... The worst this game has ever been.

OPs comments aren't tough to see what he's saying

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Palanthian wrote: »
    What delays?

You’re right, but it’s reasonable for us to expect a release on the 21st. The packs are always (no exceptions) released a week before the event starts for 14 days, timed to expire with the event. If they miss the 21st, it’s a delay, no matter which way they try to spin it.

It’s never happened before, hopefully it won’t happen this time either.

yes at that point we could cause it a delay, but since they stated the 21st may not be the official release date, then really they are only late, if they miss a date that they say is the release date.

So being late isnt a delay??? Unreal 😱

what's late?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Omg I will ry tears of joy if they delay this event. I am getting really close to being ready but I won't be ready in time for the original start date. Please cg push it back.
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    H_B0MBZ wrote: »
    I don't think they are delaying but treading carefully. Can't have another GG mishap. Honestly idk how DR can win. With 325+ spd Revan teams I can almost guarantee DR will be the first Target marked. Even if they do have identical speeds the hk and Bastila kits were released and correct me if I'm wrong they don't give DR bonus spd therefore Jolee Bastila etc will always make JKR faster and always applying mark making the new shiny DR obsolete.

Hopefully CG planned for this contingency.

Except if DR make big debuf at all leader because of his unique (they say that DR can kill easily leader)
    In can imagine a lot of way to kill meta. Like untargatable toon (like han falcon), speed debuff for all ennemy at first turn (double for jedi),...

• Monel
    2776 posts Member
    What delays?

Not complaining about farm time. Just highlighting the fact that the devs have made major mistakes with JKR that they wont acknowledged. And that it is coming back to haunt them on this release. And we are likely to get another 6 months of a broken arena...

Why do they have to say something is a mistake. For all you know it's exactly as they wanted it. Just cause we the players have found the squad arena matches boring and lackluster does not mean it's not exactly what they sought. Lots of people paid for Revan the first time around and then lots of other people paid more the second time around so they could compete. The only people broken are the people that opened their wallets lol.

Their jobs are to generate money for EA by creating a product people will spend on. I'd say JKR and now Darth Revan are working exactly as intended.
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    What delays?

That's how I see it too
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    By the way, JKR's kit review happened 2 days before the event came live. If the event indeed launches on the 21st, we should expect his kit to be released today, March 19th, if the pattern repeats itself.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    What delays?

Why do they have to say something is a mistake. For all you know it's exactly as they wanted it. Just cause we the players have found the squad arena matches boring and lackluster does not mean it's not exactly what they sought. Lots of people paid for Revan the first time around and then lots of other people paid more the second time around so they could compete. The only people broken are the people that opened their wallets lol.

Their jobs are to generate money for EA by creating a product people will spend on. I'd say JKR and now Darth Revan are working exactly as intended.

True but sacrificing integrity for profit is just a horrible buisness model especially..... FOR US THE PLAYERS!
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    What delays?

Might I also add that EA already is hated on in the game community for this exact reason. We as players should definitely not be encouraging them by staying silent, or blindly defending CG at every corner like some shills on this forum...
  • JMG680
    83 posts Member
    Even if DR is not the best meta to date and JKR is still better, who is not going to want him in their collection. I am sure he will be amazing and fun to use in so many game modes even if not used as the top in arena. That said I will (and have) put my money on him being the new Lord of Arena.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    mvmss wrote: »
    By the way, JKR's kit review happened 2 days before the event came live. If the event indeed launches on the 21st, we should expect his kit to be released today, March 19th, if the pattern repeats itself.

Finally a sane player, god bless you for speaking up sir.
  • H_B0MBZ wrote: »
    I don't think they are delaying but treading carefully. Can't have another GG mishap. Honestly idk how DR can win. With 325+ spd Revan teams I can almost guarantee DR will be the first Target marked. Even if they do have identical speeds the hk and Bastila kits were released and correct me if I'm wrong they don't give DR bonus spd therefore Jolee Bastila etc will always make JKR faster and always applying mark making the new shiny DR obsolete.

Hopefully CG planned for this contingency.

At first I was almost certain that either Bastilla or HK would give the team bonus tm, but looks like that's not the case. So unless they have revives/savior mechanics or a automatic bonus turn like Han; I have no idea how they can effectively counter JKR without breaking the game. And I dont think CG knows either, which is my main theory around the delay.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Alot of assumptions in this thread. The fact that they didn't want to commit to a certain date isn't necessarily a bad sign at all.
    Lets say they did commit to a certain date, you could write a post about that being a bad sign because they will most likely rush the content to be ready, so it increases the chance of the character being broken and not well thought out. You can spin anything in a negative way if you want to, i just don't see the reason why you would want to do that.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • My point is that they did commit to a certain date, and then backed out. Which is not a good sign by itself, but taking in all the other facts about this release (jkr being too op, new faction, changes to a brand new character) to me this spells trouble. But we'll see I hope you guys are right that hes released on time, and wont break arena again. But at the moment nothing CG has done recently has me feeling optimistic...