HK: What do I do...?

I started this game to get HK. He was my favorite character and I was never interested in being top meta. I just liked building him with a droid team. I have modeled everything in this game around HK. My main squad is a G12 all zeta'd droid team, 88, T3, L3, and BB-8. I built a whole First Order team for months just to get BB-8 for my droid team. This HK rework seems like such a kick in the gut right now. All of my investments seem destroyed. Refunding HK leadership isn't enough... You didn't just nerf HK, you nerfed my entire squad. A full year of gameplay and investments to get my droids where they are is trashed now. Hurts pretty bad. I really hope you will consider making changes to make HK at least slightly viable with droids. Painful to see him get abilities I can't even use without Revan...

My other investment in this game was with the separatist droids preparing for the GG rework one day and we all know how that story ended. I have been sitting around 230 arena with my current HK droid squad, but I don't know what to do now. I have G12 Magnaguard, B2, and all those other droids... Nothing I can really do with them anymore. Very sad. Will be hard to stay motivated to play this game when I know a year of investments in a non meta team I loved can just be thrown away in an instant.

I don't want to complain anymore... I just want to know if an admin can explain to me why they think this move encourages me to play the game? Destroying everything I worked for isn't fun at all. I was totally fine to have a mediocre team I loved, but now they have taken that away from me.

Replies

• tomll
    6 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I will answer your question solely because the dev's will not. Your investment is gone. Poof. And they do not care a lick about it. I feel for ya...but that's the reality of playing this game. Luckily HK is not a heavy investment, you have that going for you. As for your other droids, well, split up they have their purposes. Dont expect to enjoy this game much if you want to excel using full droid teams. My advice, sorry =/
  • Options
    If you built your entire roster around an HK-lead, then you're a casual player...so you can continue to be a casual player after his rework. His lead will have a significant amount of TM gain removed and had a good boost to CD added. It's not unusable...and certainly more than sufficient to run those B/C teams of HK-led droids. The rest of his non-leader abilities will be better even with droids than they are now....even leaving out the Revan synergy-specific stuff. Nobody mentioned HK-47 for like 2 years and suddenly in the last week he's the greatest character in the world and people supposedly built their entire rosters around him, lmfao.
  • cuyler41
    107 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    If you built your entire roster around an HK-lead, then you're a casual player...so you can continue to be a casual player after his rework. His lead will have a significant amount of TM gain removed and had a good boost to CD added. It's not unusable...and certainly more than sufficient to run those B/C teams of HK-led droids. The rest of his non-leader abilities will be better even with droids than they are now....even leaving out the Revan synergy-specific stuff. Nobody mentioned HK-47 for like 2 years and suddenly in the last week he's the greatest character in the world and people supposedly built their entire rosters around him, lmfao.

Lots of people enjoy their droids and have invested alot of time and effort into building their teams. Nobody mentioned hk for 2 years because players knew exactly what they were getting. A fun faction that worked well together, nobody expected to be at the top in arena.

The new leadership is trash and seriously cripples droid teams for all other game modes.
    Post edited by cuyler41 on
  • Options
    So a trash leader effect just like the rest of the faction so it fits perfectly
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    So if we built our roster around an HK lead, we are just filthy casuals and our opinions do not matter? And you then proceed to tell those of us who run HK and droids religiously that you know droids better than we do, and that his lead will still be usable?
  • Magnar
    31 posts Member
    Options
    Obviously the issue is more damaging to those who haven't moved on from HK droids. But the point is HK droid teams were good, and remained good in HAAT and as secondary attacking teams for GA TW. the problem arises when people lose a leader from a solid faction with no logical back up. Hk wont be as viable in HAAT any longer, and if you aren't getting revan then your team has been nerfed and your only choice is to rebuild that leader anyway since there isn't another toon who can do the job better.

I personally love my droid faction, but I recognized a while ago I needed to develop the bigger teams and enjoyed HK droids as a novelty that could still surprise an opponent. This change leaves t3, ig86, l3, and ig88 homeless right now. (Really only ig86 is relegated to D status since the others have ships that are all relatively good)

I know hk is going to be on the Darth revan squads, so as long as we get a new droid lead somewhat soon that can make non-sepertist droids comparable to where they were with HK then I'll be happy
  • Options
    Let's move on. Two words for this post...

49q0qelkbv6u.gif
  • Options
    Droideka wrote: »
    So if we built our roster around an HK lead, we are just filthy casuals and our opinions do not matter? And you then proceed to tell those of us who run HK and droids religiously that you know droids better than we do, and that his lead will still be usable?

He literally said none of those things.

Never said you were a "filthy casual", only that you were a casual player (one who most likely doesn't pay and certainly does not chase meta). He never said your opinions don't matter. He never said he knew droids better than you do, he simply gave his opinion on how HK will function in droid teams after the rework. And his lead WILL still be usable, unsure why you attempted to vilify that. Settle down, bud. It really isn't all that serious.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Options
    4y4v218mywm7.jpg
  • Options
    Javin37 wrote: »
    4y4v218mywm7.jpg

Hold dear to that, and enjoy while you can.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Options
    Javin37 wrote: »
    4y4v218mywm7.jpg

Hold dear to that, and enjoy while you can.

Not mine. A guy in my winter 2016 shard.
    A few days ago he started using Grevious lead.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    acbagel wrote: »
    I just want to know if an admin can explain to me why they think this move encourages me to play the game? Destroying everything I worked for isn't fun at all. I was totally fine to have a mediocre team I loved, but now they have taken that away from me.

Look, I'm gonna say something that sounds mean. It's not, though, it's just the truth:

CG doesn't care about you.

I don't mean they hate you or they want to destroy your investment or whatever. What I mean is that they listen to metrics, and their metrics were no doubt telling them that pretty close to zero people were using HK with any regularity, because despite being the only viable droid leader, he was still pretty bad overall.

Since they have to both:

A: Cater to the largest number of players possible (not just whales, despite what some will tell you)
    B: Drive spending with any new content

It makes perfect business sense to rework HK. Will a few people be mad? Sure, but a tiny fraction of the overall playerbase, and of those, the majority will keep playing anyway.

Anything they do - anything, anything, anything - will make some subset of the players mad. This, despite some grumbling from droid enthusiasts, is probably not even top 20 most player-angering moves they've made, since again, hardly anybody was using him to begin with.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Sentia
    280 posts Member
    Options
    As a droid enthusiasts you may have noticed that most newly added droids had limited area attacks and no double tap attacks. This has been the case since HK was in the game because adding double attacks or frequently usable area attacks would be overpowered under HK leadership. Going forward they have more flexibility in the types of attacks they can give to new droids. Stuff like B1 with no critical is a clear sign of how much they were forced to limit the capabilities of any newly added droids because of how overpowered that would become with HK leading. So while this maybe painful in the short term, I am hoping that this allows them to add more droids in the future with more powerful kits, maybe even add more droids with alternate leaderships. More droids seems like a good thing, and if this is what had to happen to allow that, then so be it.
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    Options
    Asking for refunds through apple. Im in the same boat as you... HK was a legit lead/team option for top 100. Literally.. years of Droid team building down the drain, pretty unacceptable. top 10 meta or not. That is besides the point.
  • Options
    Sentia wrote: »
    As a droid enthusiasts you may have noticed that most newly added droids had limited area attacks and no double tap attacks. This has been the case since HK was in the game because adding double attacks or frequently usable area attacks would be overpowered under HK leadership. Going forward they have more flexibility in the types of attacks they can give to new droids. Stuff like B1 with no critical is a clear sign of how much they were forced to limit the capabilities of any newly added droids because of how overpowered that would become with HK leading. So while this maybe painful in the short term, I am hoping that this allows them to add more droids in the future with more powerful kits, maybe even add more droids with alternate leaderships. More droids seems like a good thing, and if this is what had to happen to allow that, then so be it.

No, none of those things are overpowered under HK. Passive TM gain (rex lead, nightsisters, EP lead), crit immunity, foresight, counterattacks, daze, even dodge leads can foil a droid team. Early on in the game droids worked because these abilities were either non-existant or not prevalent. Now they are nearly everywhere.

Are there good teams out there that a strong droid team could beat easily? Of course. But that was supposed to be the strategy in this game, rock/paper/scissors. Lately we just have bigger and bigger rocks.
  • Options
    Isn't GG with BB8 the best driod squad out there now, granted it's not a beast in defense, but it works on offense and I constantly see my guild mates post number one spots claim by it on discord. And there are not all G12+, fully zeta teams.. HK lead is broken and somehow made the driods work, but understanding the dev's, it's so broken they cant make new things work, kinda like Finn but that's whole other story.. so why not look into the new stuff available now, and look forward to new driod interactions to come.. I mean, I get why ppl are frustrated.. but move on already..
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    Options
    mccum wrote: »
    Isn't GG with BB8 the best driod squad out there now, granted it's not a beast in defense, but it works on offense and I constantly see my guild mates post number one spots claim by it on discord. And there are not all G12+, fully zeta teams.. HK lead is broken and somehow made the driods work, but understanding the dev's, it's so broken they cant make new things work, kinda like Finn but that's whole other story.. so why not look into the new stuff available now, and look forward to new driod interactions to come.. I mean, I get why ppl are frustrated.. but move on already..

Exactly!

HK will finally (hopefully) be the great toon he deserves to be and not just because a passive leadership ability for a c-rate team of leftover droids that weren’t good enough to be included in other squads. Apart from a few hardcore droid fans most ppl would have put bb8 to better use in a JTR resistance team, L3 in a scoundrel team and r2/C3P0 with rebels or resistance. For the majority of the players this rework will give meaning to an old outdated toon that was just collecting dust. Just hope he will be able to deal some proper damage to be the assassin droid he should be.
  • Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    Options
    They could've just made his TM gain like 30% or 40% or something. Or even 20% so that an AoE will need to trigger all crits to get another turn. And double taps in the future won't create an infinite loop.

I agree that the 50% TM was only not broken because they didn't give droids any kits that could abuse HK's lead.

If another leader from a faction had that same leadership, like FO, they'd be REALLY broken.
  • Options
    It's not meant to encourage you personally to play but there is always a balance that needs to be made between existing play and the future. They clearly want to add more droids but can't do so because HK's leadership would make them OP and thus throw the balance of the game out of whack.

I am sorry that the change is affecting you materially but unfortunately changes will always affect someone.