Replies

• Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    I don't think it'll be delayed and should release by the 21st

Looks like they've already came up with a good JKR counter. I don't think the developers are too concerned with breaking the game. They like to apply bandages instead

Yea we'll see, my main point is that after over 6 months of preparation the fact that they are unsure about the release date is not a good sign. And a 1-2 week window, after advertising a march 21st release date is not an indicator that things are under control.

It seems you are making it not a good sign and using the lack of information to feed a rumor that you want to start.

Not creating a rumor, I'm speculating based on facts. Where as most people on this forum ignore facts, and blindly defend cg at every turn...
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    leef wrote: »
    My point is that they did commit to a certain date, and then backed out. Which is not a good sign by itself, but taking in all the other facts about this release (jkr being too op, new faction, changes to a brand new character) to me this spells trouble. But we'll see I hope you guys are right that hes released on time, and wont break arena again. But at the moment nothing CG has done recently has me feeling optimistic...

depends on what you consider to be "breaking arena".
    For all we know the devs considered the JKR release a smashing success.

....Yes, and for all we know the Rams thought it was super awesome losing the super bowl....
    ...S M H.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Corrog wrote: »
    This is adorable. There's zero indication they're having trouble with his kit. Zero. Having adjusted the trailer could mean a number of things, but to me it feels like a measure to keep folks investing resources in Darth Revan. If folks think the event is coming on the 21st, they'll give up if they're not close. But having no set release date means they can expect those folks to keep investing. Which means, all said, it's in CG's best interests to keep the release date under wraps, for now.

That's true, that's why it's called speculation. I'm not claiming to be some insider leaking info hear. I'm speculating based on facts surrounding the release. I hope I'm wrong, and hes released this week, and he wont break arena again. But I highly doubt that, we'll see soon enough...
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Lichbane wrote: »
    This is adorable. There's zero indication they're having trouble with his kit. Zero.

You mean aside from changing HK lead, changing Badstilla, changing deathmarked?

💯💯💯And dont forget creating an entirely new faction, and debuff. For the people saying they've been planning this for half a year, and got everything figured out; then why did they have to rework a character that is only a few months old SPECIFICALLY for DR???
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »
    This is adorable. There's zero indication they're having trouble with his kit. Zero.

💯💯💯And dont forget creating a new faction. For the people saying they've been planning this for half a year, and got everything figured out; then why did they have to rework a character that is only a few months old SPECIFICALLY for DR???

Because she was his apprentice and they didnt want to mention DR so they could catch more people off guard for DR
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Riffinator wrote: »

💯💯💯And dont forget creating a new faction. For the people saying they've been planning this for half a year, and got everything figured out; then why did they have to rework a character that is only a few months old SPECIFICALLY for DR???

Because she was his apprentice and they didnt want to mention DR so they could catch more people off guard for DR

She wasnt his apprentice, she was Malaks. That's why she wasnt supposed to have direct synergy with DR. Nice try though, SMH...

One of her reworked skills specifically names Darth Revan. So there's that...

Not really following how the two reworks and added faction couldn't have been in their plans and somehow indicate a pending disaster.

She wasnt his apprentice, she was Malaks. That's why she wasnt supposed to have direct synergy with DR. Nice try though, SMH...

But she had a force link with DR. Nice try though, SMH...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

One of her reworked skills specifically names Darth Revan. So there's that...

Not really following how the two reworks and added faction couldn't have been in their plans and somehow indicate a pending disaster.

This.

How do we know this isnt all planned.

I mean any other time changes happen and they dont seem to be in the players advantage, they have this deep seeded plan to reap the benefits, but in this case, there is something wrong and everything is falling apart in the background.

Couldn't the date drop be similar to the GG "leak", a totally intended hint to keep the player base "in the loop", whilst acting like there is "nothing to see here, just move along".

And again, nothing is delayed, until its delayed, there is still time.
  • If they do delay it past 3/21, they will need to still make money off his release so full expect the gear requirements to be very hard to meet. That is the only downside i see the longer everyone knows about the requirements to get him the more will not need to pay into the pot, hence the steeper the gear will need to be to make up the difference so they can push whaling on him.
  • thantos911 wrote: »
    If they do delay it past 3/21, they will need to still make money off his release so full expect the gear requirements to be very hard to meet. That is the only downside i see the longer everyone knows about the requirements to get him the more will not need to pay into the pot, hence the steeper the gear will need to be to make up the difference so they can push whaling on him.

Unless of course you already geared them all to g12
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    The packs have 8 days and some change left. The packs end when the event ends. We are still within that window. Calm your moobs

This time seems to be a special case. Normally they would have a definite date. So depending on what they decide in the end they may also extend the packs (if it's later than 21th).
  • Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    Also think that they reworked two required characters for the Revan event, so they're not just releasing Revan, they're releasing 3 characters at the same time. They have to roll out Badstilla and HK reworks before the event starts, otherwise the event might not make sense "story-wise".
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

Adding a synergy unique for badstila, adding a synergy unique for hk and reworking his leadership is not a sign of a troubled revan kit.

Its a sign of we want these characters to be the meta with revan

Changing deathmark to make it equal to mark and taunt is great improvement in my book. Death mark to greavous then him puttung mark on a fellow droid was annoying
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »
    What delays?

Based on previous legendary character releases, most players anticipated Darth Revan would be released this week. And the devs acknowledging that release date said that the release will probably be later.

But they never had an official post giving a timeline. Player assumption is just that. The only way you can have a delay is when you have a release date and then its missed.

Maybe not "official", but when you go by history, the timing of the packs, and the glaring MARCH 21ST displayed in the trailer; logical players could easily infer that he was intended to be released on this date. Not to mention, they gave themselves a 1-2 week window, which is a pretty good sign something is wrong. I mean if you guys want to be eternal optimist, then go ahead. But all of these signs coupled with recent history, the addition of a new faction, and a rework of a character who is only a few months old, does not say to me everything is going as planned...

Ok why are you complaining about getting more time to farm for him? It doesnt make sense.

Not complaining about farm time. Just highlighting the fact that the devs have made major mistakes with JKR that they wont acknowledged. And that it is coming back to haunt them on this release. And we are likely to get another 6 months of a broken arena...

Why do they have to say something is a mistake. For all you know it's exactly as they wanted it. Just cause we the players have found the squad arena matches boring and lackluster does not mean it's not exactly what they sought. Lots of people paid for Revan the first time around and then lots of other people paid more the second time around so they could compete. The only people broken are the people that opened their wallets lol.

Their jobs are to generate money for EA by creating a product people will spend on. I'd say JKR and now Darth Revan are working exactly as intended.

True but sacrificing integrity for profit is just a horrible buisness model especially..... FOR US THE PLAYERS!

How did they sacrifice integrity? This is a for profit company, have they ever claimed to be anything else. I honestly don't understand what they have done to make them lose integrity.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    What delays?

Based on previous legendary character releases, most players anticipated Darth Revan would be released this week. And the devs acknowledging that release date said that the release will probably be later.

But they never had an official post giving a timeline. Player assumption is just that. The only way you can have a delay is when you have a release date and then its missed.

Maybe not "official", but when you go by history, the timing of the packs, and the glaring MARCH 21ST displayed in the trailer; logical players could easily infer that he was intended to be released on this date. Not to mention, they gave themselves a 1-2 week window, which is a pretty good sign something is wrong. I mean if you guys want to be eternal optimist, then go ahead. But all of these signs coupled with recent history, the addition of a new faction, and a rework of a character who is only a few months old, does not say to me everything is going as planned...

Ok why are you complaining about getting more time to farm for him? It doesnt make sense.

Not complaining about farm time. Just highlighting the fact that the devs have made major mistakes with JKR that they wont acknowledged. And that it is coming back to haunt them on this release. And we are likely to get another 6 months of a broken arena...

Why do they have to say something is a mistake. For all you know it's exactly as they wanted it. Just cause we the players have found the squad arena matches boring and lackluster does not mean it's not exactly what they sought. Lots of people paid for Revan the first time around and then lots of other people paid more the second time around so they could compete. The only people broken are the people that opened their wallets lol.

Their jobs are to generate money for EA by creating a product people will spend on. I'd say JKR and now Darth Revan are working exactly as intended.

True but sacrificing integrity for profit is just a horrible buisness model especially..... FOR US THE PLAYERS!

How did they sacrifice integrity? This is a for profit company, have they ever claimed to be anything else. I honestly don't understand what they have done to make them lose integrity.

This is the most common misunderstanding about the economical systems we live in. -for profit- doesn't justify any and all actions. If it did -for profit- actions would never cause anything than profit itself. Yet there's more, much more to it.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Alot of assumptions in this thread. The fact that they didn't want to commit to a certain date isn't necessarily a bad sign at all.
    Lets say they did commit to a certain date, you could write a post about that being a bad sign because they will most likely rush the content to be ready, so it increases the chance of the character being broken and not well thought out. You can spin anything in a negative way if you want to, i just don't see the reason why you would want to do that.

So much this, personally I am already ready for DR. So if it comes this week I am happy. Some of my guildies need 1 more week to grind, so if it come next week instead more people will have an opportunity, which is great!

Being a week "late" as many call it only helps the player base, so what's the problem?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    What delays? Anyone that’s worked for a large company knows that there is an approval process. Release dates probably have to be signed off by various levels of management. So if it was announced before going through those processes, it has to be redacted until it’s officially signed off on. In other words, everyone is covering their a$$ just in case. Nothing about a delay benefits them. In fact, we’ve even seen broken content be released. On 3/22 we can talk about so callled “delays”.

Lol, just answered this mirror comment on reddit.

Mirror comment to the equally stupid thread on Reddit. The same rumors were viral when JKR was released and he came out on time. Talk to me on 3/22.

Yea he came out on time.....and now look at the game. One team is over 90% of the meta, the game is broken. That's kinda my whole point....

Thats not relevant to delay vs on time.

You can debate the delivery quality post delivery but 90% meta doesnt mean late delivery.

???? 😱

Its speculation at best.

When JKR released they knew they wanted it to crush traya.

Most things that can beat traya can beat everything else. May require rng.... or mods, but it was doable.

Adding design to crush traya, means they knee it would be dominant.

It took over the meta in 7 days.

Then it came back and those who hadnt got it... got it.

Thats not a break in design, thats normal. Not liking it is not the same as poor design or unintended consequences.

I hate mirror matches too, but the design isnt broken because of that.

New darth revan will be more of the same.
    Post edited by ShaggyB on
  • Poseidonn
    3 posts Member
    edited March 2019

Actually, JTR was released way before Traya :smiley:

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    What delays? Anyone that’s worked for a large company knows that there is an approval process. Release dates probably have to be signed off by various levels of management. So if it was announced before going through those processes, it has to be redacted until it’s officially signed off on. In other words, everyone is covering their a$$ just in case. Nothing about a delay benefits them. In fact, we’ve even seen broken content be released. On 3/22 we can talk about so callled “delays”.

Mirror comment to the equally stupid thread on Reddit. The same rumors were viral when JKR was released and he came out on time. Talk to me on 3/22.

Yea he came out on time.....and now look at the game. One team is over 90% of the meta, the game is broken. That's kinda my whole point....

You can debate the delivery quality post delivery but 90% meta doesnt mean late delivery.

???? 😱

Its speculation at best.

When JTR released they knew they wanted it to crush traya.

Most things that can beat traya can beat everything else. May require rng.... or mods, but it was doable.

Thats not a break in design, thats normal. Not liking it is not the same as poor design or unintended consequences.

There's zero indication if new Revan will be Revan no.2 (in terms of the power creep level Revan established). Only thing everyone expects is it will beat Revan no.1 and not much else besides that.
  • keiths9216
    76 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    The trend of over complicated kits requires more testing and creativity. Expect some unexpected results in certain game modes that will lead to kit changes in the future, and expect more time is needed to circumvent the increasing kit difficulties.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Fallen Bastilla new ability :

If Darth Revan, an Ewok, or at least 3 Hans are present in opposing team activate your trap card to banish opponents 4th character to the shadow realm. This ability starts on CD unless Jarjar Binks is present, and refreshes immediately once Padme's stomach is revealed.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

Depends on how you played. When you beat her you can turn her good or she can become your apprentice.

Either way shes your love interest in the kotor game
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »

???? 😱

Its speculation at best.

When JTR released they knew they wanted it to crush traya.

Oooookay. In that context I see... You have no clue what broken means...

No i just know bad design when i see it. Broken would mean its not working.

Its working its just not fun