I have a bad feeling about this....

2Next

Replies

• Nauros wrote: »
    Are you telling me that what we've got in SWGOH so far is just from KOTOR and not TOR and KOTOR 2? I've never played any of them, but I was hoping that we'd be done with it all with DR. Maybe not if there's two more games to take from.

The Revans and everyone needed to get them are from KOTOR, the Sith Triumvirate is from KOTOR2, HK-47, T3-M4 and the Ebon Hawk show up in both. The generic Sith - Trooper, Assasin and Marauder - are a bit nebulous, they could fit nearly anywhere in that era.

If you look at the visual design on the last three, they are definitely from SWTOR.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Are you telling me that what we've got in SWGOH so far is just from KOTOR and not TOR and KOTOR 2? I've never played any of them, but I was hoping that we'd be done with it all with DR. Maybe not if there's two more games to take from.

The Revans and everyone needed to get them are from KOTOR, the Sith Triumvirate is from KOTOR2, HK-47, T3-M4 and the Ebon Hawk show up in both. The generic Sith - Trooper, Assasin and Marauder - are a bit nebulous, they could fit nearly anywhere in that era.

If you look at the visual design on the last three, they are definitely from SWTOR.

Sorry is SWTOR the Bioware MMO? Never played it, although the CGI trailers are pretty awesome.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    CazNeerg wrote: »

Sorry is SWTOR the Bioware MMO? Never played it, although the CGI trailers are pretty awesome.

Yes. Sith Assassin is one of the advanced classes for the Inquisitor class, Marauder is an advanced class for the Warrior class, and the Trooper is a NPC that is standing around on the space station that serves as a hub area for the Sith Empire.
  • CazNeerg wrote: »

Yep they were definitely inspired by SWTOR.

The question is if the Sith Alliance tag is becoming a mirror to the Old Republic tag to prevent Double Revan squads, or, will this tag bleed into SWTOR as well?

Even if Sith Trooper (as an example) double dipped the leader ability with Darth Revan, would that make him better than Sion?
  • StarSon wrote: »

Apparently, KOTOR and KOTOR 2 are only a few years apart, but TOR is 300 years after KOTOR 2. So I have been told, anyway.

But, I would bet money that DR is the end of OR content in all its forms for now. I think TCW content starts in earnest next month, and continues through September, when Ep9 stuff starts.

Yes, SWTOR is 300 years after KOTOR. Tells the story of Revan escaping. This is the version of Revan with two lightsabers.

I agree we won’t see him soon. Time to dust off other eras.
  • Even if Sith Trooper (as an example) double dipped the leader ability with Darth Revan, would that make him better than Sion?

Trooper might be better than Sion just because less of Trooper's viability rests on his AOE. AOE's are going to be problematic in this squad because they'll break Bastila's awesome Fear.
  • God I do not want any more of this crap. It's not even Star Wars to me.

I'd honestly rather see them go to level 100 and G15, even an 8th star to bring new skills in to old characters they normally don't want to upgrade (like Mace) because they can't monetize it in the current system. Increasing levels and stars to bring in new skills to revitalize old characters is far more interesting to me than these unknowns from a blurry old video game that came out 15 years ago.

SW Universe is massive...some people love KOTOR and it has been heavily requested. I am not sure why CG should limit themselves to existing character rather than providing new characters, factions, and content.
  • Increasing levels and stars to bring in new skills to revitalize old characters is far more interesting to me than these unknowns from a blurry old video game that came out 15 years ago.

The SWTOR characters are from a game that is still producing ongoing content. The prequel characters are older and for many people less popular than the KOTOR ones.

Try to remember that the way you feel about Old Republic characters in this game, others feel about prequel, sequel, or Clone Wars characters. No release is going to be popular with everyone. That doesn't mean some parts should be ignored.
  • So who's in TOR then?
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Are you telling me that what we've got in SWGOH so far is just from KOTOR and not TOR and KOTOR 2? I've never played any of them, but I was hoping that we'd be done with it all with DR. Maybe not if there's two more games to take from.

And tor is a huge mmo so possible up towards 100 toons just from that alone
  • So who's in TOR then?

https://swtor.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Characters

Theres a list of a bunch of toons from tor
  • There will be more no doubt, but we get a new movie in December so at least we get a stop then