Be careful how you wish...

...for wishes can come true.

Remember when Heroes like Revan were hidden behind paywalls? And we the non paying players moaned and groaned about balance, fairness, etc.. and wanted to be able to obtain them as well? Well now we can. So... How's that working out for you? The Revansville traffic jam of '19. Yeah, sooo good right? Now we can look forward to the next one. DSR. Good times lol

Replies

• Nothing really new, except the names of the meta are different.

Yup.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Remember when fun sac and rex were impossible to farm.. I’d rather have things like they are now..ish...

The meta has never been this unbalanced

The meta itself is "unbalanced" in that it is dominated by Revan because no new meta has taken over and Revan has come back a second time...but in practice Revan can be beaten by multiple teams: CLS, Traya, JTR, and even NS. The problem is that everyone has Revan and there are no good defensive teams so the shard is competitive from 1 to 100.

Revan was not dominant for very long either...Once BSF came out, you could beat Revan reliably even with BSF at 3 stars.

CLS was a much more dominant meta with no real counters until NS and then JTR.

I'm guessing you weren't here for the first cls release.

I'd have to disagree. No meta have ever been this bad or as easy to obtain
  • ...for wishes can come true.

Remember when Heroes like Revan were hidden behind paywalls? And we the non paying players moaned and groaned about balance, fairness, etc.. and wanted to be able to obtain them as well? Well now we can. So... How's that working out for you? The Revansville traffic jam of '19. Yeah, sooo good right? Now we can look forward to the next one. DSR. Good times lol

I'd rather have mirror matches in pvp content with a premium character for free (after some wait time) and actually help the guild in pve content, than just get trounced for not having them
  • Ironkirb1 wrote: »
    Nothing really new, except the names of the meta are different.

Didnt remotely come close to 90%

Didnt remotely come close to 90%

Because JTR had come out before CLS came out the second time and people didn't get CLS the first time. CLS was probably the most OP of metas in the last 2+ years.
  • Nightsisters Meta also was a pain. And it was a whale thingy too.
  • Jellyglob
    45 posts Member
    edited March 2019

We are just waiting for a meta where every squad can beat every squad and it only takes one person to clear TW. :/
  • Damodamo wrote: »
    Remember when fun sac and rex were impossible to farm.. I’d rather have things like they are now..ish...

That happened over 2.5 years ago. Haat wasn't even in the game yet, you're trying to make a best of two evils argument but clearly you're missing the bigger picture here. You're pretending like there is only impossible and possible when in reality you have Impossible>very difficult>difficult>hard>kind of hard> medium>somewhat easy>easy>free. There are far too many options not just the two that you're suggesting.

This post is actually trying to convince us that getting Darth Revan will be f2p friendly? Are we assuming that all players have become crystal hoarders and spend half their day in the forums and YouTube?

That happened over 2.5 years ago. Haat wasn't even in the game yet, you're trying to make a best of two evils argument but clearly you're missing the bigger picture here. You're pretending like there is only impossible and possible when in reality you have Impossible>very difficult>difficult>hard>kind of hard> medium>somewhat easy>easy>free. There are far too many options not just the two that you're suggesting.

This post is actually trying to convince us that getting Darth Revan will be f2p friendly? Are we assuming that all players have become crystal hoarders and spend half their day in the forums and YouTube?

I'm 100% F2P my OR squad for Revan will be ready next event. I will get him for zero gems. Only time.

I'm 100% F2P my OR squad for Revan will be ready next event. I will get him for zero gems. Only time.

Next time meaning 2nd time ? Did I say anything about the second time?
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member

Next time meaning 2nd time ? Did I say anything about the second time?

If you weren't saving and planning ahead how else would somone who is FTP get it the first time?

• DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Exactly
  • Exactly

Instead of making fun of people, you should just clarify so we know what you're talking about
  • evoluza wrote: »
    If mods would matter, everything would be better. These kits they deliver are just... All these stat increases everywhere completely destroy usefulness from mods

This. I don’t even bother trying to mod my Revan squad well, because at 260ish speed he can still take down 300+ revans more reliably than my Rebels (with R2 at 297).

I’ve been here since the beginning. First CLS was good, but highly dependent on single target crits, which was countered hard by zBarris, a free to play character who could fit in a variety of different squads (kenobi lead, Ewoks, and (later on) nighstisters after their rework

This “CLS was unbeatable back in the day” is a myth created by people who follow what everyone else does at the top of their shard and don’t know how to theorycraft
  • Yeah... I think this has run it's course. Can one of the moderators close this thread please?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yeah... I think this has run it's course. Can one of the moderators close this thread please?

sure
This discussion has been closed.