The case for new PVE content

Dk_rek
3299 posts Member
IMO and in other peoples opinion PVE is stale, in some cases (ships) it's non existent. Now we all get the fact that current PVP modes (Arena, TW, GA ) are driving a lot of the sales and profit of this game. But we CANNOT forget this is a game and the fact that not everyone can or wants to be the PVP gods of the world.

There needs to be more things added for us folk who have invested in the wrong teams, inflated our rosters, or just stink at PVP. Yes we made mistakes but would still like to play this game without constantly seeing the "DEFEAT" tag on the screen. We cannot forget this is a GAME and being able to play the GAME is what keeps us all around.

So what are some of the issues involved in holding back PVE content.

1) Rewards : Let's face it we just had a guy post in the rancor sim thread that the reason they can't give us higher rewards (lol some extra salvage here and there) is because it would ruin the game economy. I would like to call shenanigans on that with all the new toons and factions gear is in the shortest supply ever. If that guy WAS right that means that literally no new PVE content can ever be released as ANY new rewards would ruin the game economy and I believe that's false. I still believe Mod salvage, certain challenge gear, credits, shard shop currency, ship mats and currency could all be added to new PVE content rewards without messing up CG's paywalls on Carbs, Stuns, Pit gear that everyone can never have enough of.

2) Spending : CG feels people are not spending on PVE content (at least that's what people feel as a general consensus) This could be resolved at least partially the way it has been done in the past with Faction based PVE content. Maybe it would target the newer players focusing on the new best toons but do not have certain factions that may spend in order to beat whatever that new content is to claim the rewards. Having or creating certain PVE events with a crystal refresh with a limiter could also encourage spending (PVE event like talzin or wicket) to unlock a character/ship or whatever where refreshing is massively encouraged in order to get that toon faster than people who are not refreshing etc. I do feel PVE content can be released that would not have to be a loss lead for the company.

3) Time Crunch : meh I still think there are a lot more people who want more content then people who do not. 3 star sim on events people do not want to play or have already beaten still gives people who want more PVE content the ability to play while the "no time" people can still be happy.

I think the trick is we would like to see a game mode that is strictly PVE that has some content behind it... maybe even a group guild PVE event something with strategy involved not just "attack/deploy" or something. No matter what we still NEED some ship PVE content..... YOU HAVE TO GIVE US A REASON to keep farming ships.....Ebon hawk....great...what exactly do we NEED him for since your current arena team is probably better without him...

Give us some faction based Ship PVE content pleaaaaaseee or anything having to do with ships....

Game has shifted massively to PVE content and if it makes money to keep the game alive I have no problem with that...but please, please consider the people who are not that top 100 of the arenas or top 20 of ship arena..... That's actually the majority of your game.....ship us some PVE content...we know you can do it....if you can come up with 30 page revan kits you can make anything.....

RobSchniederYOUCANDOIT.JPG

Replies

• Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Dk_rek wrote: »

1) Rewards : Let's face it we just had a guy post in the rancor sim thread that the reason they can't give us higher rewards (lol some extra salvage here and there) is because it would ruin the game economy. I would like to call shenanigans on that with all the new toons and factions gear is in the shortest supply ever. If that guy WAS right that means that literally no new PVE content can ever be released as ANY new rewards would ruin the game economy and I believe that's false.

They could still adhere to that logic, as long as they don't release said new content until G13 comes, and then the content only (or mostly) awards G13 gear.

Please note that I'm not saying think they should do that, just that based on how game devs usually justify their decisions I could see that being the official line.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Don't forget the guild oriented players too. Myself, I would like to see something like a prestige set of LS and DS battles, for those of us who have 3 stars on everything.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I think the recent changes were introduced to make room for new PvE content. Rancor simming reduces the headache for officers juggling start times and makes the raid a one-click affair, which allows for a new raid to be added while keeping the time investment more or less the same.
    Additionally, they suddenly changed how TB platoons work, making them easier and completely predictable. Why? My guess is that a new TB or something similar is around the corner, so the old one can be made easier. The current TBs are almost obsolete anyway, with even mid-tier guilds coming close to full stars.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    evoluza wrote: »
    It's not like pve is rewarding most stuff...
    Raids, TB, GW and the other energy stuff...

Let's face that: PvP needs better rewards!
    Putting G13 gear as GA rewards would be a great start!

TLDR CLIFF'S ( I think the PVP rewards outweigh the PVE rewards in a lot of instances I just don't want the "rewards" to be the excuse PVE content is held back there are ways around that)

900 crystals, almost a zeta a day almost 3 6* mods some good gear /zeta/omegas from arenas and zetas and other gear from TW even good on a loss IMO is greater than some shard shop currency for older players and shards for newer players.

Raids is it's own thing reward wise... Pit is ok, Tank is outrageously horrible reward wise, and people in the top 10 of HSTR can get amazing rewards and kinda trash for the other 40.

I think PVP rewards outweigh a lot of the PVE rewards but that's my opinion.

I'm not even pandering for more and more rewards though hey....it would be nice..... I just want more PVE content especially for ships.

People are saying the economy cannot handle more events with more rewards and I fully disagree with that.

There has to be some kind of new interactive PVE mode that can challenge everyone of all levels and let us have some fun if we want to have fun. I just hope we get there someday. We do have some super fun PVE stuff now but it has grown a little stale.... Even I would like to sim a few of the assault battles that are really drawn out.
  • I have always enjoyed a PvP/PvE game and I agree with the OP. It would be nice to have some PvE content that is new. Also, an interesting new raid that employs some environmental factors ala Rancor and the switch that pins him under the gate would be cool.
  • I would be okay if they totally removed the ships, unless they make it possible to obtain more than a 4* capital ship without emptying the wallet.
  • Galanthus wrote: »
    I would be okay if they totally removed the ships, unless they make it possible to obtain more than a 4* capital ship without emptying the wallet.

Wait you think you have to pay to get more than a 4* capital ship?
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Galanthus wrote: »
    I would be okay if they totally removed the ships, unless they make it possible to obtain more than a 4* capital ship without emptying the wallet.

What? Getting 5 or 6 star capitals is really not that difficult. 7 does take an obnoxiously long time since the Fleet Mastery events return on an erratic schedule, but even that is just down to patience.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I agree with OP comments, especially ships, we need at least 2 more capital ships. Lots of ideas for ship raids on the death star have been floated, but with the current GA we have ship content that changes frequently. I applaud the use of this to float new modes and please continue to do so, thanks!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Down with ships worse part of the game ever
  • Ships is a great part of the game. A personal favourite. I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea but neither is other aspects of the game for other people.

It does however need more toons.

And a raid wouldn't hurt.

Hell even a territory with a larger role for ships could be interesting too.

Something that a whole guild can work on. Right now it's just kind of ...blah once PvE is done. And you get a decent fleet territory battles for ships is easy and arena is just the same few players slightly changing positions daily. A raid however would be interesting as hell to see in action.
  • Great Post. The big question is what is the next PvE content they’ll introduce into the game?

Raids: unlikely to get a new raid for now. Mythic Rancor very likely. Most guilds still struggle with HSTR Darth Revan should help more guilds become HSTR.

Territory Battles: very likely our next major PVE content. Platoons have been finalized. I bet one guilds reach max stars on a map they can unlock the next map which should be insanely difficult with no guilds being able to come close to maxing it out.

Rewards: we’re getting new Achievement characters this year. Probably new toons in Guild event store. there will never be a shortage of rewards CG can offer. Why? Just think about taking mods to 6• A-E & 7• A-E. G12+. We’re just not likely to see rewards we want haha. And it’ll be introduced over 5 years.
  • More time sink? Nah man, i pass. Unless someone gets rid of both arenas! xD
  • I want more things to do so i can play more
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Great Post. The big question is what is the next PvE content they’ll introduce into the game?

Raids: unlikely to get a new raid for now. Mythic Rancor very likely. Most guilds still struggle with HSTR Darth Revan should help more guilds become HSTR.

Territory Battles: very likely our next major PVE content. Platoons have been finalized. I bet one guilds reach max stars on a map they can unlock the next map which should be insanely difficult with no guilds being able to come close to maxing it out.

Rewards: we’re getting new Achievement characters this year. Probably new toons in Guild event store. there will never be a shortage of rewards CG can offer. Why? Just think about taking mods to 6• A-E & 7• A-E. G12+. We’re just not likely to see rewards we want haha. And it’ll be introduced over 5 years.

A new TB map would be great... the issue is that it's still gonna be auto 3 battles deploy collect your stars and your GET...different look, different enemies, same thing (probably but they could mix it up, maybe not make the ships part of it so lame.

Think people Think..... doesn't anyone have any good suggestions or ideas on PVE.....

Single player raid (probably not autoable) 5 attempts per day you have a week to beat it.... rewards based on how close you get to killing it

Assault battle mix ships and toons

Ship GW

2X a month vs a single toon you get 3 rounds to do as much damage as you can... rewards based on the amount of damage you do in 3 rounds.... Think of all the different combinations of toons you could put together to do max damage T3 droids, Revan, JTR, people could theorycraft things to get that max damage score or something

ideas people ideas....CG has ideas...let's give em more..... BRING ON THAT PVE STUFF

lets make that case to them show them that more PVE is good for the game to encourage people getting destroyed in PVP that they can still have fun and win at something