Kit Rework: HK-47

Replies

• They should have made his 2nd unique similar to 3PO in that it gives him great synergy with a faction, but still at least does SOMETHING for him when not with that faction. Same with his 2nd Special. In exchange for such a long cooldown, perhaps make it like annihilate with Revan, and just hits really hard without with a cool animation.
  • I have also invested heavily in droids, such as 2 zetas on T3M4.
    Will I even be able to complete the Forest moon event in a few days?
    Why should one new character change so many aspects of the game? We need a droid leader now!
    /Hemsoborn
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    So I'm wondering if Darth Revan gives allies the ability to inflict debuffs or tmr. Because HK now gets 30% potency when under Darth Revan lead, but with the removal of all the debuffs, nothing in his kit will need potency. The only debuff he inflicts is tenacity down, which can't be resisted and renders potency unnecessary.

FINAL TEXT: Deal true damage (ignores Defense but can't critically hit) to all enemies, and half that amount an additional time for each debuffed enemy. Then, inflict Tenacity Down on all enemies for 2 turns. This attack deals 20% more damage for each Jedi enemy and can't be countered.

I don't see the part where it says unresisted for the tenacity down. The damage ignores defense, but cannot crit and It can't be countered when you AOE a team.

• ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Droideka wrote: »
    And even after they gutted his TM gain on crit they still made it so that his AOE cannot crit...
    So it doesn't trigger GK's taunt or Barriss's health gain (amongst other things). ;)

• Spkoli wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »
    So I'm wondering if Darth Revan gives allies the ability to inflict debuffs or tmr. Because HK now gets 30% potency when under Darth Revan lead, but with the removal of all the debuffs, nothing in his kit will need potency. The only debuff he inflicts is tenacity down, which can't be resisted and renders potency unnecessary.

FINAL TEXT: Deal true damage (ignores Defense but can't critically hit) to all enemies, and half that amount an additional time for each debuffed enemy. Then, inflict Tenacity Down on all enemies for 2 turns. This attack deals 20% more damage for each Jedi enemy and can't be countered.

I don't see the part where it says unresisted for the tenacity down. The damage ignores defense, but cannot crit and It can't be countered when you AOE a team.
    Tenacity down always applies. Even if the ennemy has tenacity up.
  • Javin37 wrote: »
    Oh stop with all the HK rework complaining. I play at the highest level of the game and even there no one used or uses hk ever. Until the gg rework no one gave a crap about hk lol btw highest levels meaning an almost 5 mil acct in the baddest tw guild ever assembled. Dsr swa 4 life!!!

4y4v218mywm7.jpg

Did you miss the whole Droid meta that happened....you obviously dont play at the highest level then.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    jejuzang wrote: »
    Javin37 wrote: »
    Oh stop with all the HK rework complaining. I play at the highest level of the game and even there no one used or uses hk ever. Until the gg rework no one gave a crap about hk lol btw highest levels meaning an almost 5 mil acct in the baddest tw guild ever assembled. Dsr swa 4 life!!!

4y4v218mywm7.jpg

Did you miss the whole Droid meta that happened....you obviously dont play at the highest level then.

Not mine...guy in my January 2016 shard.

Yes, it's the only shard from that time that magically has nobody playing at a "high level".
    I get by running poe lead but man those zeta maul teams are rough...
  • Wiggensbog wrote: »
    CATEGORIES: Dark, Attacker, Droid, Sith Empire

Anyone know what the "Dark" category is? Is this a typo or actually something?
    @CG_SBCrumb

Means Dark side. The roster is split right down the middle, light and dark toons. With the exception of Jolee i believe each toon falls in there. They are also used for their respective battle tables in the cantons and TB.
  • ghuwwqhgsryc.jpg

One last stand, territory war in progress.

Guys … make em strong.

I love 'em!
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Didnt do too bad, once HK get revamp ill have re-think what i want to do with them, i want to give ig88/and 86 a place
    Probably IG-88 lead with Jawa Engineer.
    Still not a he.
  • rva4ckkqttsu.jpg

Didnt do too bad, once HK get revamp ill have re-think what i want to do with them, i want to give ig88/and 86 a place

Well defended. Hope mine will get the chance to show off :)
  • Nevet
    20 posts Member
    SixTwoFour wrote: »
    CG you could have gained so much faith from the community if you'd made his Unique 2 apply even half values to a droid leader as well. Why do you hate droid synergy so much. This is a proper one two punch with the GG rework.

Because HK47 hates other droids. This is frequently brought up in the lore. He has been a C list lead for a gimmick team that requires 5 zetas to function at B team levels for the last 2 years and we just now start complaining for no reason.

His kit looks good, bring him on
  • HK-47s life spans millennia. Even he don't like 'em, he saw the benefit in mindless machines to serve him.

I like his new kit. He is my favourite char/droid.

But I'll miss my droide defense team :(
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Nevet wrote: »
    Because HK47 hates other droids. This is frequently brought up in the lore. He has been a C list lead for a gimmick team that requires 5 zetas to function at B team levels for the last 2 years and we just now start complaining for no reason.

His kit looks good, bring him on
    Zero-zeta old school droid meta has been reasonable for quite some time. HK, 88, 86, Jawa Engineer, +1. IPD, B2, and T3 were common +1s, and the lineup held well. It was not extremely common, but it was effective with few or no zetas and would often get an extra hold from simply being underestimated. Jawa Engineer is one of the fastest units in the game, is easy to get over 300 speed, and can let your entire team go first to get a couple attacks before the opposing team gets the chance to go.

This is not new. It's not something people only started caring about recently. It's a pretty classic TW/GA team that's been in use for quite a while to mobilize low-impact units.

Concern over loss of this team is valid, if overstated, as even if HK lead remained unchanged the team still wouldn't persist due to higher demands from better teams.

The lack of a viable general Droid lead for modes like GA and TW is also a valid concern, especially one who can be spared.
    Still not a he.
  • HKFactory
    370 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Would have preferred if droids got at least 15% turn meter on a critical hit not 10% that feels too low, I also would have preferred if HK-47 wasn’t That reliant on Darth Revan and could function as a character more independently, like give him half of the bonuses he gets from Darth Revan being in the leader slot if HK-47 is the one in the leader slot.
    Post edited by HKFactory on
  • i gear up hk47 g12 yes or no ?? :D
  • Spkoli wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »

tenacity down has it built in.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Reyalp wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    I'm really liking the new basic, and special.

Assassination Protocol is a hit and miss for me, the cooldown is greater than Darth Nihilus' Annihilate and harder to reduce, whereas the other guy can one-shot anyone. I'm glad we are staying away from that level of power. I hope it hits very hard to justify it and that the AI prefers to use it on Deathmarked or fear targets

I really love the Self-Reconstruction rework.

Dislikes:
    -Relies on Darth Revan to be on the leader slot. I understand the counter to power creep is to make toons super weak outside leader slot and just painstakingly powerful as leaders but it only gives toons like HK a short term longevity. Would've been nice if HK had some of those bonuses without Darth Revan and it was doubled or tripled if DR was present (to its current zeta stats) rather than only applicable if DR is present and in leader slot

-TM gain from leader is very insignicant. 10% is just very bad but I don't care about his lead so its meh
    -Assassination Protocol requires fear or deathmark for CD decrease and his kit doesn't have any means to do so on its own. Would've been nice if he was more flexible enough to work with T3, or other Old Republic allies.

As others pointed out he is only useful if Darth Revan is present and not that impressive in other teams. Like others, I was hoping he was useful in a Carth led OR team

If Revan also has an ability that inflicts fear then it could be reduced pretty quickly.
    Revan does inflict fear. I think the biggest way to reset the cooldown is through a KO'd ally.

Revan's lead according to the in-game message box was that defense is sacrificed for offense. Another way to reset cooldown is if a Sith Empire ally is defeated. I think this is a pretty significant interaction. Defense is meaningless in PvP from what Crumb said w.r.t. General Greivous lead.

I think its going to be like lose 50% defense and gain 150% offense or whatever. Bastilla Shan Fallen gives +50% defense to leader and herself. HK Gains +50% defense with DR lead. I think HK's role would be like Jolee, where if you ignore him and kill some other toon, his cooldowns reset and with the offense boosts you are getting from Darth Revan lead it could be significant. It all depends on how hard this attack hits. I am more interested in a high offense HK doing a true damage AOE
  • harunalp wrote: »
    i gear up hk47 g12 yes or no ?? :D
    HK-47 will likely be integral to the next meta, and therefore a highly worthwhile character whenever you can get your hands on Devan.
    Still not a he.
  • The purpose of the rework was to make HK more relevant and make sense. Not to turn 1 of the oldest characters in the game into free L33T sauce.
  • Naugrin wrote: »
    Am I forgetting something from kotor where hk was anti jedi specifically?

Ummmm killing Jedi was his main protocol for a while. 100's of them.
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    CG: Let's change HK's lead because it's way too OP with crits.

New HK Kit: *removes crits on his aoe*

Me: What was the point of this again? I'm sure the nerf, which has disabled half my roster, was clearly more troublesome than JKR, Traya, or DR....

*uninstalls game*

But that AOE can potentially doe like 700% damage that ignores all armor.

Yeah, he still gets his offense up so if you stack + offense on him instead of crit and crit damage it could be powerful
  • As expected, leadership nerfed to death and useless without Darth revan. Thanks a lot!

Revan leadership?- breaks arena and has the largest marketshare in the history of the game = Working as intended.

HK leadership - unable to compete in the arena whatsoever but needs to be nerfed so that the droid faction can supposedly get better characters at some undisclosed point down the line = not working as intended?

If their intention is to make people stop spending and/or just stop playing the game this latest round of shark jumping is dead on the money...
  • DarthWok wrote: »
    As expected, leadership nerfed to death and useless without Darth revan. Thanks a lot!

Revan leadership?- breaks arena and has the largest marketshare in the history of the game = Working as intended.

HK leadership - unable to compete in the arena whatsoever but needs to be nerfed so that the droid faction can supposedly get better characters at some undisclosed point down the line = not working as intended?

If their intention is to make people stop spending and/or just stop playing the game this latest round of shark jumping is dead on the money...

Except Revan's cant result in an infinite loop unlike HK's, that's the form of "broken" they are referring to
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • What loops? I may muss the fact we a) never had loops with HK over 3 years with a huge faction at pvp or pve b) even with aoe you get one Bonus Turn but since this AoE (If any, Not all droids have it) is on CD, c) No Droid with Double attack but even with design it with (2nd Attack cant gain TM) and d) with seperatist droids Rework incl. two marquee already done and nearly every important named Droid too it give no reason for further development that Crashes with HK cause Droid faction should be done. Even one new character Design idea shouldnt be the reason to kill the best lead from a faction that has only a few Bad leads left now.
    Keep in mind B1 and Droideka (truedamage is like nerfed multiattack) are already designed around that lead (i feel other droids too) and i bet we see no adjustment here!

On top HK (while deservs to Share Something with Darth Revan) is more or less useless without his master, a passiv and Special not function which is bad design. Better Duos? Wiggs, Chaze, Han+Chewie, K2+Cassian heck even Sith Triumvirat are all examples for better together but not useless alone!

Last bet, since HK is all about anti Jedi i expect he gets cutted (If Revan Kit dont need him) the moment Jedi Revan Squad arent an issue at top Arena and it comes down to improve the mirror. Compared to fallen Bastila, HK maybe isnt needed and offer not much. (Jedi are doomed anyway)
  • I specifically made this account so I could complain about how my g12.5 HK-47 is a complete waste now since I won't be getting Darth Revan for a very long time, if ever.

Also the other 5 g12.5 zetad droids on my roster will also be much less useful since I don't have CLS or JTR.
  • Oh stop with all the HK rework complaining. I play at the highest level of the game and even there no one used or uses hk ever. Until the gg rework no one gave a crap about hk lol btw highest levels meaning an almost 5 mil acct in the baddest tw guild ever assembled. Dsr swa 4 life!!!

Really? LOL! Guess a whole pile of us who are at the top need to learn a few things.
  • As expected, leadership nerfed to death and useless without Darth revan. Thanks a lot!

Seriously why even have a leadership ability on him, they should just take it away entirely.