Please make Darth Revan extremely hard to get

Replies

• Chima
    113 posts Member
    G20 wrote: »
    Yeah yeah like g12+ 100 time reset rng nightmare hard.
    So hard that only the 1% will get DR.
    Smh lol
    If they will change it (journey heroes) to be a hard event I think would be even harder and let no one get DR this time. Would great see the mama's boys having a stroke. :D
  • StarSon wrote: »
    It would make no sense to make the Darth Revan event too difficult. If the regular Jedi Knight Revan only required g8-g10 why would Darth Revan (A journey event) be even harder?

They said the Darth Revan event will be hard. How hard? Time will tell. I’m thinking possibly like the Bounty Hunter(chewy event).

They did not say this.

They didn’t???

m7skbswk7i5e.jpeg

• Chima
    113 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    It would make no sense to make the Darth Revan event too difficult. If the regular Jedi Knight Revan only required g8-g10 why would Darth Revan (A journey event) be even harder?

They said the Darth Revan event will be hard. How hard? Time will tell. I’m thinking possibly like the Bounty Hunter(chewy event).

They did not say this.

They didn’t???

m7skbswk7i5e.jpeg

A difficult task for me is finishing the requirements for JKR and start the requirements for DR. Can you explain what "difficult task" means for each one?
  • Chima wrote: »

They did not say this.

They didn’t???

m7skbswk7i5e.jpeg

A difficult task for me is finishing the requirements for JKR and start the requirements for DR. Can you explain what "difficult task" means for each one?

They meant the actual event will be difficult...which is what they said for Chewy. That was basically g11/g12
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

They did not say this.

They didn’t???

m7skbswk7i5e.jpeg

As I have mentioned elsewhere, that statement in particular feels like dialogue, not an indicator of anything. And the line at the end about "challenging and rare" is pretty generic as well.

I am not saying it won't be difficult, just that they have not said it will be.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    It should be a very challenging event and the JKR event should be tuned to be in-line with the value of the character. It's currently out of balance when compared to other "legendary" squads.

Put another way - JKR / **** / Jolee and two easily obtained Jedi (let's say Ezra and Old Ben) will outperform every other "legendary" squad at a far lower investment. The challenge of the event should be tuned to reflect that value.

Put a third way - one of the few JKR counters requires - five strong BH with at least one zeta, five strong ewoks with at least one zeta, five middling empire toons, five middling but specific rebel toons and at least a couple of months worth of Pit Raids. And that's just to compete.

BH are not beating a Revan team

Yes they are
  • Chima wrote: »

They did not say this.

They didn’t???

m7skbswk7i5e.jpeg

When they said “difficult task”. I interpret that as the event itself. Farming shard and gear requirements I never found to be difficult...maybe other do i don’t know.

They did not say this.

They didn’t???

m7skbswk7i5e.jpeg

Does it specifically say the event?

What else could it mean? Farming shards and gear?

They did not say this.

They didn’t???

m7skbswk7i5e.jpeg

As I have mentioned elsewhere, that statement in particular feels like dialogue, not an indicator of anything. And the line at the end about "challenging and rare" is pretty generic as well.

I am not saying it won't be difficult, just that they have not said it will be.

To each their own on how they interpret things I guess. It didn’t feel like just “dialogue” to me. To me it’s a slight hint into the difficulty of the event and with my shard and guild mates gearing up the 5 toons needed for the event...they took it as a sign of event difficulty as well.

4nrvds1e65n6.jpeg

• So you admit it doesn't specifically say the event will be hard. Got it

No it doesn’t say it will be hard. The devs obviously don’t know what they’re saying when they wrote “a difficult task/rare and challenging event”. Smh 🤦‍♂️

Crumb, Carrie and the devs are usually very specific about the wording in the posts they make. So the phrase 'It will be a very difficult task...' should very much be taken seriously, in terms of the difficulty of the event.

Is it POSSIBLE that this is not the intention or will not be the case? Sure. But it would be unwise not to approach the event assuming this is the case.
  • I don't expect this to be a less than g11 or g12 event.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    It will be easy. Get your guys up to 7 and get back to work on other things....its just wording and stuff.

Crumb, Carrie and the devs are usually very specific about the wording in the posts they make. So the phrase 'It will be a very difficult task...' should very much be taken seriously, in terms of the difficulty of the event.

Is it POSSIBLE that this is not the intention or will not be the case? Sure. But it would be unwise not to approach the event assuming this is the case.

Exactly. They usually are specific with the wording. I don’t get the big deal about people saying “ they didn’t say it will be hard” when the word “difficult” is a synonym of the word hard which is basically the same thing in meaning.

Maybe they are not wanting to G12 the 5 toons needed and rather get by with the least amount of gear used. I don’t know. No telling what’s going on through people’s heads nowadays. 🤷‍♂️
  • I don't expect this to be a less than g11 or g12 event.

I don’t expect anything less than g11/12 either. My concern is possible needed of a zeta. If I can get through the event without using zetas...I’ll be happy.
  • Both the Chewie and 3PO event announcements used the phrase "very difficult." Crumb knows what he's doing when he says this will be a "very difficult" task.

Personally, I hope the DR event is more difficult than either the Chewie or 3PO events. Those events could be beaten with G11 and B mods. I want full G12 and A mods.
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    We all should keep in mind the presedence a g11/g12 journey or hero’s requirement will set. Probably means going forward they all will require g11/g12. This is not what has transpired historically, therefore, I doubt it’s going to be the case now and we will be fine with g8/g9 and a maybe a zeta on one toon.

Noway CG should expect us to g12 characters the vast majority of the player base will rarely ever use if at all. I for one would never spend another dime on this game if that happens.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    The wording is quite a bit different from chewie and c3p0 events....with c3p0 and chewie they specifically said this event will be very difficult...with Darth revan it is more of a generic storyline statement as in "it will be a very difficult task to reclaim the sith throne". It does not state the event itself will be so I wouldn't be reading too much into it. Very doubtful a journey event is going to suddenly double in difficulty especially when CG has given no indication it will be
  • Kokie wrote: »
    The wording is quite a bit different from chewie and c3p0 events....with c3p0 and chewie they specifically said this event will be very difficult...with Darth revan it is more of a generic storyline statement as in "it will be a very difficult task to reclaim the sith throne". It does not state the event itself will be so I wouldn't be reading too much into it. Very doubtful a journey event is going to suddenly double in difficulty especially when CG has given no indication it will be

Look...believe what you want. Don't gear your OR toons and let's see what happens.

We have significant more time to farm the toons needed, including one that has been around forever. The only way they can limit access is through gearing...just like they did with Chewie and C3p0
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    Chewie and c3po were legendary events so it’s comparing apples to oranges . Like I said though if it’s a g12 requirement I won’t be spending a dime here anymore and I hope lots of others are planning the same. They make enough $ of us chasing shards rapidly
  • MuCuS wrote: »
    Chewie and c3po were legendary events so it’s comparing apples to oranges . Like I said though if it’s a g12 requirement I won’t be spending a dime here anymore and I hope lots of others are planning the same. They make enough $ of us chasing shards rapidly

Again...you had significantly more time to farm the shards than Revan. It's a different way to make the toon hard to get.
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    How much more time like 2 weeks? 😂 how does that equate to having to g12 of 5 useless toons. /shrugs

• Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »

Look...believe what you want. Don't gear your OR toons and let's see what happens.

We have significant more time to farm the toons needed, including one that has been around forever. The only way they can limit access is through gearing...just like they did with Chewie and C3p0

Oh I have all the gear I need to take to g12 but I'm not until the event drops.....pure speculation will burn you more often than not....I'm just saying unless you intend to take all 5 to g12 anyways prudence says relax and see what happens
    How much more time like 2 weeks? 😂 how does that equate to having to g12 of 5 useless toons. /shrugs

OR toons are actually great...they are super good in TW and GA.

For Revan Event (10/18/18)

Bastilla and Jolee were farmable on 9/12
    Mission, Zalbar, and T3 became farmable on 9/26

So you had 5 weeks to farm 2 characters (Bastilla and Jolee)...and 3 weeks to farm 3 (Mission, Zalbar, and T3...with Mission and T3 both being cantina farms)

For DSR

HK farmable since forever
    BSF and Cande became farmable on 1/16
    Juhani and Carth became farmable on 2/20

So you had 8 weeks to farm two characters (BSF and Cande) and 5 weeks to farm the other two (Juhani and Carth)

Significantly more time.

if you think those toons are useless you aren't doing it right..
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    Everyone is over analyzing.

1st off, the wording was not as bad as the words used for chewy and c3po events.

2nd chewy and c3po were completed by some with g10-g12

3rd if your expecting to get DR with g8 g9 toons, you dont deserve DR.

I expect g10-g11 difficulty
  • G20 wrote: »
    Everyone is over analyzing.

1st off, the wording was not as bad as the words used for chewy and c3po events.

2nd chewy and c3po were completed by some with g10-g12

3rd if your expecting to get DR with g8 g9 toons, you dont deserve DR.

I expect g10-g11 difficulty

How was the wording any different? Crumb used the exact same phrase, "very difficult," for chewie, 3po, and now DR.
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    MuCuS wrote: »

Again...you had significantly more time to farm the shards than Revan. It's a different way to make the toon hard to get.

Sure, it's only 26 carbantis, 13 stun guns, 13 cuffs and 10 eye balls. Did anyone do the omegas math? Sounds very reasonable and attainable to me, not too hard to get at all.

Sigh...
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    mvmss wrote: »

Sure, it's only 26 carbantis, 13 stun guns, 13 cuffs and 10 eye balls. Did anyone do the omegas math? Sounds very reasonable and attainable to me, not too hard to get at all.

Sigh...

Their argument makes no sense at all it’s actually pretty funny. I see a lot of store crystal purchases from the ones who talk like this .
  • mvmss wrote: »

Sigh...

Why should it be reasonable or easy?

There is two ways they can make the character hard to get...make people panic farm or make the challenge difficult and thus require high level gearing. Both cost crystals and planning.