Current GA rewards, one step back!? [MERGE]

2Next

Replies

• mvmss
    213 posts Member
    I don't know about you guys, but I need far more omegas than zetas right now
  • Bring back stun guns or carbantis, those are by far my biggest bottleneck. Sooo many characters sitting at gear 8, 9, 10 waiting on them.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Stun guns and carbantis did make a difference to me too.

And yes, they rotated omegas/ship omegas with zetas/omegas.

What we need however is a more predictable cycle of 3x toons only, 5x toons only, and ships/toons GAs and the rewards going with each. That would allow some real planning ahead.
  • Ppl are complaining about not enough omegas mot long ago?
  • [/quote]

from https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/196719/update-on-grand-arena-and-territory-wars#latest

The gear salvage was halved since we are getting double the number of events. Meanwhile the good part of the rewards (the mod salvage) was almost doubled. How on earth is this a bad thing? Obviously we all want more gear/credits/zetas.... but no need to have a tantrum over it.[/quote]

Mh how is 3 GA's a month double from 2 GA's a month? I dont get that calculation.

• Well I'm going to put **** in defense and let those who want it play.. unacceptable. They really want us to leave the game ..
  • The rewards have been changing only been zetas 2 or 3 times so far
  • Apparently 1 omega = 1 zeta in CG’s world. I only have around 15 abilities in my entire roster still to omega, this GA is clearly just for pride.
  • How are people saying it’s right that they halfed the gear just because there is now more events...

So we end up with half a carbantis, half a Merson generator and loads of half gear, I would rather have a full piece myself.

If they were gonna do this to the rewards for 6 days of waiting then I’d rather have stuck to 2 grand arena’s but maybe that’s just me.
  • mvmss wrote: »
    I don't know about you guys, but I need far more omegas than zetas right now

Same. I have 40 zeta mats, and 4 (four) omegas
  • I got 84 zetas and 65 omegas atm
  • Kailen
    90 posts Member
    We all saw this was coming. "We want to do 4 GAs in the space where we used to do 3. But we can't POSSIBLY give out that many rewards. So we're going to dial them WAAAAAAAAAY back to the point of being useless, but look, there's 4 now instead of 3! That totally makes up for it."

This game is on a death spiral. Free content is going to get leaner and leaner, the game is focusing more and more on getting the newest meta, more grind, less reward, GIVE US YOUR MONEY.

Making the game less fun to extort money out of players, the EA way.
  • Let's see. Enough mats to slice 2 mods to T6 plus some gear. 3 matches that equal entertainment and places you can finally use those teams you've been building for a while. What's the problem?

That mod salvage is incredibly easy to farm though. I’m not sure how many people wanted more mod salvage for less gear. I’d give all that mod salvage back to get half the amount back in useful gear.
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Let's see. Enough mats to slice 2 mods to T6 plus some gear. 3 matches that equal entertainment and places you can finally use those teams you've been building for a while. What's the problem?

That mod salvage is incredibly easy to farm though. I’m not sure how many people wanted more mod salvage for less gear. I’d give all that mod salvage back to get half the amount back in useful gear.

And I'd play GA is it were just for mod salvage. People complain about needing new game modes so they introduced one and people still complain. 🤔

Don’t get me wrong. I enjoy GA. I’d play it no matter the rewards. I just don’t think more mod salvage was needed. I’d rather have much less of gear that I need than all of that easy to farm mod salvage.
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Let's see. Enough mats to slice 2 mods to T6 plus some gear. 3 matches that equal entertainment and places you can finally use those teams you've been building for a while. What's the problem?

And I'd play GA is it were just for mod salvage. People complain about needing new game modes so they introduced one and people still complain. 🤔

Don’t get me wrong. I enjoy GA. I’d play it no matter the rewards. I just don’t think more mod salvage was needed. I’d rather have much less of gear that I need than all of that easy to farm mod salvage.

The mk pulse modulators aren't exactly the easiest to farm though. You'll either need to give up shard shop currency or guild tokens so to me it's perfect. That's a pretty good reward by itself when you think about it.

No , not really. When compared to stun cuffs, carbs and such , since you cant use those salvage pieces until your toons are geared up. But nice try
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Wow people like to complain!
    We had originally tuned the Grand Arena to only run once or twice a month, but we have heard your feedback that you want Grand Arena to occur more frequently than that. To accommodate for these additional events the March 3rd Grand Arena will stay with current rewards but March 17th and 24th will have updated rewards to compensate for the increased number of events.
    We are also considering rebalancing what kinds of rewards you would get as mods and mod salvage are incredibly important for bringing your team’s power up to the next level of competition.The logic being that the rewards you earn from a competitive mode should help you do better the next time you dive into that mode.

from https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/196719/update-on-grand-arena-and-territory-wars#latest

The gear salvage was halved since we are getting double the number of events. Meanwhile the good part of the rewards (the mod salvage) was almost doubled. How on earth is this a bad thing? Obviously we all want more gear/credits/zetas.... but no need to have a tantrum over it.

Double the work for the same rewards. Lol

Mod salvage is the good part of the rewards lol

It is now....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    Paulos999 wrote: »
    It’s ship omega’s (extremely rare) zeta’s and omega’s always switch over.

Unfortunately it’s now half a gear piece but hopefully it doesn’t stop people playing this great game mode.

If they wanted to make Grand Arena great there would have been crystals and exclusive currency. Until they do that it's going to continue to be an easily ignored mode.

...much like ships. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Lichbane
    222 posts Member
    edited March 2019

If you manage to get some decent mods, perhaps. But the salvage is easily farmable. Checked the shield thing; I don’t have a single character currently in need of them...stun guns however ...
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • The rewards are especially bad for lower gp players. I only have about a dozen g12, and I don’t want to lock my best speed mods to those characters by slicing them to 6 dot. They took away the gear that would help get characters to g12 while increasing material that is only good for g12 characters.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Kailen wrote: »
    We all saw this was coming. "We want to do 4 GAs in the space where we used to do 3. But we can't POSSIBLY give out that many rewards. So we're going to dial them WAAAAAAAAAY back to the point of being useless, but look, there's 4 now instead of 3! That totally makes up for it."

This game is on a death spiral. Free content is going to get leaner and leaner, the game is focusing more and more on getting the newest meta, more grind, less reward, GIVE US YOUR MONEY.

Making the game less fun to extort money out of players, the EA way.

hence the case for more PVE content...... go drop some ideas in the thread.... we need something to play other than stuff we get crushed at every day