TW Unplayable due to App closing mid battle

Zaraos
771 posts Member
So this all started in last weeks TW. It came to offence phase, was feeling pretty confident as i had a good 8-9 teams to run including revan, Traya, CLS etc. Started to enter battles, they would sometimes last for 10-20 seconds until the game would just close to my home screen, i lost a good 70% of my offence teams due to this. This problem has also been present mildly in the HAAT raid as i lost a full solo the other day due to this happening (Right at the end of the run as well). Then on the current TW same issues. Ironically this has only happened once in Arena and i have yet to see the effects in grand arena. I know an odd crash is normal but ever since last weeks its happening to the point where i can barely play the game anymore in modes like TW and its killing my enjoyment of the game.

Was wondering if anyone was experiencing the same issue or had figured out a way to fix it.

IPhone 5s
Most Recent IOS update 12.1.4 (I believe)

I have tried the following to no avail;

1. Restarted my phone multiple times (Normal and Via Holding home and sleep buttons for a hard reboot)
2. Reinstalled the app (multiple times)
3. Updated my IOS
4. Left a post on Answers HQ
5. Used live chat with Answers HQ (I got a troubleshooting page which offered tips, all of which i had done or did shortly after) and got no result
6. Cleared Cache on Safari

Replies

• Might just be the phone not a le to keep up with everything going on in the game cause theres slot of memory usage while in a tw or tb map so might just be overladed causing the crash

Simple soulution new phone
    Longer temp one might be to check available storage and memory in use and try to cut out unnecessary processes or remove apps/updates for apps u cant remove to see if that helps
  • Option 3 would be not to have an apple phone
  • Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    Option 3 would be not to have an apple phone

Lol im starting to agree, it is a 64G phone and ive used less than half the memory, So i dont think its that. Im hoping theres something i can do outsde of having to get a new device. I believe this all started around the time they pushed the QOL updates but it may have been a little sooner as i ignored it at first hoping it would just clear up
  • Theres memory and theres storage memory the 64 gibs refear the the storage memory so ur memory that deals with process and ur cpu might be having a hard time especially if the qol uped the requirements to run correctly
  • wildnz
    254 posts Member
    We have at least 4 members in our Guild experiencing this issue in the current TW including me. All are on older iPhones (5 or 6) that until now have run the game without issue. Mine is a 6s Plus and it now hard crashes out without warning mid battle or on load screen. Predominantly in TW , but also has occurred in ships (cargo ship event 2/3 attempts crashed). We have lost a total of 9 attacks in the last 3 hours.
  • Im on android galaxy s9 and have 0 issues
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    All bugs and issues should be reported and discussed at Answers HQ.
    Your topic has been moved to the Bugs and Issues Archive. For better assistance and functionality, please report your bug over at Answers HQ.

You’ll be able to find direct links to all the existing SWGOH forum boards on Answers HQ so you can easily navigate between both forums.

Please visit the Answers HQ forums by clicking the link below!
    <<Answers HQ>>