Regarding Heroine Bundle Purchases

Replies

• I am quite curious as to how the team decided to award 500 crystals. It could have been 500, 1000, 1330, 2520, or any other number. All which doesn't hurt them financially in the short term. Honestly, without Barriss being rebalanced properly, I feel that this hurts them in the long term though. I am certainly a lot more hesitant to put more money into a game if this is how they balance characters and this is how they choose compensate players.

I still appreciate the gesture, but I am honestly disappointed with it. If the amount of crystals provided indicates how badly they feel about the change while weighing in how significant she was to the allure of purchasing the pack, then they don't feel that bad. Please rebalance her or at least let us know if you intend to rebalance her.

Thanks anyway.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    What would have made you guys happy? Anything?
  • I think enough for an 8x Chromium pack was the minimum they needed to do to keep some customer goodwill.
  • 5000 gems would've shut me up...
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Qeltar wrote: »
    @cosmicturtle333 .. if only 500 crystals actually WOULD buy lots of energy in this game. :)
    Ignoring ewok (for obvious reasons).. honestly, it's fine if people don't think any sort of compensation should have been given. But if they were going to do it, it should have been meaningful. This wasn't.
    A while back I purchased a smartphone mount for my car. A little plastic ring that holds the pieces together broke several months ago and I put off contacting the company. I finally emailed them last week and just asked them if they could send me the ring (a 10c part) but they said they couldn't do that.
    Instead he asked me for my receipt. When I looked it up, I discovered that I was 5 days past the 1 year warranty. The CS rep said "close enough" and the company sent me an entire new unit. Free.
    That's customer service that engenders loyalty.
    That was an actual manufactured product that cost money to make, plus shipping. The cost of these crystals to EA is.. zero. They could have made a more meaningful gesture. Again, JMHO.

Here's another customer relations story.. And it kinda shows why Japan leads the way in terms of customer service...

Several years ago I was working in Japan. My first week there, I didn't speak any of the language but I was with another colleague who started the same time as me who did. Stopping off at the train station in Urawa, Tokyo. I walked past a shoe repair station and saw some shoe polish. So I bought some and continued my way. Less than a minute later, the stall attendant chased me and my colleague down and nattered away at me in Japanese rather rapidly... Obviously not understanding what he was saying I thought he was accusing me of stealing something. Then my colleague turns to me and tells me the stall owner noticed that I was wearing black leather shoes and the shoe wax I had bought was a neutral wax which isn't as good as a dedicated black shoe wax. He was offering to exchange it for me if I wanted. I was thankful for that stall owners advice.. and I can tell you pretty much you would not see that kinda of customer service anywhere but in Japan.

Pretty much every time I went shopping anywhere in Tokyo I never had to worry about being scammed or cheated... Even if something went bad, they go way way way out their way to help you..

I learned from a local that in Japan, their sales industry has one rule "The customer is GOD", not the "customer is always right", but "the customer is God"

Sometimes I feel EA can learn a thing or two about customer service by sending a number of the reps over to Japan.

I know some will query why Japanese companies in the west don't behave the same way as they do in Japan, I suspect its a lot to do with the culture of their staff. Not everyone who works for Japanese companies in the west are gonna be Japanese or hold the same ideals or values as they do. However this I don't really know why, but in Japan, you never really have to worry about customer service messing you over in general
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    @Jabberwocky, maybe I bought like $300, including 2400 Crystals yesterday. This gesture ensure I won't buy that $100 pack, and that Inwill hold my hand next time I feel like buying even $5.

I was saying I dont care much about $100 for the new pack. Now I need to make sure to compensate for my new feelings regarding this game, and respect. I prefered nothing at all - in that case they'd knew they owed us something.

For those happy with it, kudos and I am happy for you all. Each person is different.
  • If 500 crystals are nothing, give it to me. I laugh because you spend only to be powerful in this game ahahah, the problem, in my opinion, is that. You have to only thanks CG for the extra compared to free to play players. Give it to me the heroine pack too because I have only Ventress
  • Barrok wrote: »
    What would have made you guys happy? Anything?

If you read my last post when I thought it was 5,000 crystals I could have lived with that. I buy the 7k pack on average every other day or third, depending on free time. Think about it. To level and gear her up we used upwards of 50x that many crystals depending on drop rate luck. Do you think those who purchased the pack waited to refresh naturally? No way, we bought crystal packs and farmed until we harvested. Then just as our toon was bearing fruit she was chopped in half. Point being 500 crystals is not even close to what we invested in her. 5k would have been livable as I'm farming several other toons for leveling and it would have given me a couple days of refresh, not one fast sitting.

• I have been in the game for about a week. I bought the pack after researching the forums and fighting against her and seeing how her skills worked. I had her for two days. Ben I had for three. Tbh It is on me as I realize things can get nerfed. I do think she was over nerfed and would rather see a happy medium on balancing but I gambled and lost. Seeing how much 500 crystals means in this game I can also see why people are insulted. However I am glad that this happened early because I learn from my mistakes. I have spent a lot of money in other games of this nature but I will enjoy playing this game as ftp from now on and spend my money on other games. This game is good so I will continue to play but I will not buy another bundle. They got me on that $100 pack before I noticed the nerf. The problem with this game is how they sell specific characters which means this can happen quite often. Make the character great until a new bundle comes out then nerf it to not be great. If this bundle is still being offered I am pretty sure people doing there research will not be buying it anymore. I am afraid this could be a continuing cycle so I will spend elsewhere. A lot of these summon games don't allow you to buy specific characters. Instead they sell packs that have an increased chance to pull a higher star character. It is much easier to make changes to characters cause you take away the I sold you a Ferrari but swapped it for Scion mentality. If a character gets nerfed when you pull it from a pack peeps may still cry but they will not feel that there trust was broken. This model is set up for disaster as if you think this is the last time players are going to be in an uproar over trust wait till the game gets bigger and the you tubers start playing it and this happens again. It could be a publicity nightmare.
  • BookFodda wrote: »
    5000 gems would've shut me up...

Yeah, that sounds more reasonable. Take away the mats spent getting Barriss up in levels, gear, etc. and you have a 4* character. A 4* character is 80 shards. 80 character shards via Shipments (the best comparison we have, chromium packs are still a gamble) would be 4000 crystals. To me, that would be the starting point for any & all discussions about proper gift to make up for the nerf.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    @Skye thanks, enjoyed the story. The company in my story is American, there is good and bad everywhere, though I have heard that the Japanese do in general value honorable treatment over profit.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Klinda you don't know what you say, you just imagine things.

I pay for Crystals because I want a 7* team faster. I am going on vacations and will miss like a week or teo.

I couldn't care less if they gifted you all the current characters at level 7 and max gear with level 6 specials on each. The games is total single player, and I don't feel better or worst if I rank 1st or 10,000 in Arena. I just care my family and friends are safe. This is a distraction from heavy mental abuse in my exiting job - it carries me away, and then it's a good breaknduring nights.

And YES. You can have my 500 Crystals no problem. If anyone at CG cares to transfer my "reward" to Klina, may this message be my written acceptance of such transfer. Like I said, I couldn't care less about 300 Crystals. Nor would I care if they gifted you a full rack of chars. It's not you vs me, it's "If you sell something at $50 and next day you change your mind, you are a Robber Baron unless you really gift back in proportion".

And 5 shards for me, doesn't show an understanding of why their customers spent $50 on that pack.

Will it matter much? Nope. I am just expressing my feeling as a customer, that I wanted to have a different mental relation towards CG that was pristine. Right now, I don't feel right about all this issue.
  • 3750 makes sense..we also received 4* asajj, 2* ahsoka, and counselor shards. I would not have purchased the pack if not for barriss..but it is what it is.
  • Klinda you don't know what you say, you just imagine things.

I pay for Crystals because I want a 7* team faster. I am going on vacations and will miss like a week or teo.

I couldn't care less if they gifted you all the current characters at level 7 and max gear with level 6 specials on each. The games is total single player, and I don't feel better or worst if I rank 1st or 10,000 in Arena. I just care my family and friends are safe. This is a distraction from heavy mental abuse in my exiting job - it carries me away, and then it's a good breaknduring nights.

And YES. You can have my 500 Crystals no problem. If anyone at CG cares to transfer my "reward" to Klina, may this message be my written acceptance of such transfer. Like I said, I couldn't care less about 300 Crystals. Nor would I care if they gifted you a full rack of chars. It's not you vs me, it's "If you sell something at $50 and next day you change your mind, you are a Robber Baron unless you really gift back in proportion".

And 5 shards for me, doesn't show an understanding of why their customers spent $50 on that pack.

Will it matter much? Nope. I am just expressing my feeling as a customer, that I wanted to have a different mental relation towards CG that was pristine. Right now, I don't feel right about all this issue.

You got the advantage to have that characters before than me, do you think that isn't it enough? The heroses can be bad as you want, but you do cantina, missions etc before than me, you have good rank than me etc isn't it enough? Also that healer was op so you take more advantage too. If you pay it for only his ability you are pay to win player, if you are like me I pay but I don't complain about it if with last update they nerf it.. Maybe in next updates they make her powerful and I haven't got that hero too
  • I also just noticed I may have bought the pack before 24/11. More shameful now. What, did I have one more week to enjoy the nerfed char? Ornwhat was it? I don't even know where I could even check that. Or was 24/11 the launch date? I started plating the second ornthird day after launch.

At least I disn't have tonread that Message in my Inbox. That's the plus side.
  • 500 crystals is a joke. It's not even $5 worth. They'd have been better off given everyone 65 Barris shards. At least you'd have gotten a 5 star character out of it.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    My compensation prediction was spot on.

Glad I have been refunded by Google.

If I ever decide to spend again on this game I will do the same should a product of this price be modified for the worse in such a short time.
    we want to do what's right and fair for the community as much as we can, and we should try to avoid getting into a situation where we use the TOS to justify actions over any other reason.

So, as has been mentioned, we rebalanced a lot of characters because it was the right thing to do. Barriss happened to be one of them. Now, we are compensating players who bought the Heroine pack. Not because of any legal obligation to do so, but because we think it's the right thing to do. We will continue to do what we think is best for the game... and we will incorporate this whole situation (the OP, the nerf, the Heroine Pack, etc.) into our mindset going forward to determine how and when we make changes, and how we communicate about them to players.

We want this game to have an active and passionate community of players for a very long time. Keeping the game balanced and the players happy are two primary ingredients that will contribute to achieving that goal.

-Aaron
    In some ways your ambition for a passionate community of players, and keeping the players happy is easier said than done.

Quite frankly, if it were a true reflection of how your employer set up this company there would not be the customer servive issues being faced right now (unrelated to the Heroin pack debacle).

I could only beleive this statement if actions were taken to train and empower your customer service representatives over at EA.

And yet again there is no acknowledgment of what the issue is and why 500 crystals were given, so we have no indication that this will not happen again.

Since 500 crystals were gifted, please make a statement as to what will happen in the future to prevent this issue so that those of us who would like to spend money may have the confidence to do so.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    You all act like you got scammed. You still have the character and she is still good. The investment in her is not worthless. It's not like you bought stock in a company and it went bankrupt.

She still can give 20% health increase to your Jedi's. She still can heal on attacks (which is insane) and her heal is still great in many situations (including getting around sidious). Geeeez.
  • Barrok. Fist yourself.
  • Wow, 500 is a joke. Considering EA did a bait and switch I think I will be going through with getting a refund from Google Play. Tried in good faith to let EA make amends but 500 is truly insulting. Wasn't expecting anything amazing. I think it's shows us how little paying customers are valued.
    You all act like you got scammed. You still have the character and she is still good. The investment in her is not worthless. It's not like you bought stock in a company and it went bankrupt.

She still can give 20% health increase to your Jedi's. She still can heal on attacks (which is insane) and her heal is still great in many situations (including getting around sidious). Geeeez.

We bought stock in her and her value got cut by about 30-40%. She isn't worthless, but she isn't competitive or threatening when a team has her now. She went from a strong character benefit to use on a team to a mediocre one. Her heal is fairly easy to work around most of the time. Give her an offensive spell or at least buff her basic attacks so she is at least more threatening than Chewie..

This does not involve you or other f2p. You really don't have a say in this.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    F2p? I have spent hundreds so settle down.

• Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    BookFodda wrote: »
    Barrok. Fist yourself.

That escalated quickly.

Sure you did

Sure you did

As I am in the same server as him, I can attest to his spending.

Sure you did

As I am in the same server as him, I can attest to his spending.

Alright, let's all get along fellow players☺
  • The biggest problem I have is they made a big deal about doing the right thing then they give 500 crystals that doesn't even cover the mats most people put into her. I don't care about the money or the character being almost worthless in pvp, I can live with that. What does bother me is the lack of respect this shows to the players after all the talk of making things right.

If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • I didn't have high expectations but this is beyond ridiculous! What a complete insult! This is not about the money this is about the principle. I haven't spent a cent since the ripoff and this is your attempt to rebuild trust?
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I would have added 500k credits along with 500 crystals.

Allow you to level up a replacement.

This discussion has been closed.