Imagine if Darth Revan is unable to beat Jedi Knigh Revan

Prev134
Aydnie
432 posts Member
Just this, can you even imagine what will happen if JKR keeps being an op toon and beating anyone, even the one guy that everyone says he is his "counter" (while his kit hasnt been revealed yet) ? all the people who have been whaling for him would lose some arena places before returning forcefully to the nice and light-sided Revan.. do you imagine an arena like this, only filled with jedis revans, even when people have Darth Revan on their roster ?

Replies

• Then we riot
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • I'd wager the same people at the top will probably be the same people that get D Revan. Nothing will really change bar the percentage of LS Revan at the top. It's all smoke and mirrors.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Imagine if they can beat each other and we get some semblance of balance to the meta.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Revan is not that hard for CG to counter. Deathmark stops the revives. Without those, kill GMY and the team is finished. There’s no doubt that Darth Revan will shut down JKR, but the question is whether it will be weak on defence like the **** is in fleet.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    What's the difference? Honestly it's only a matter of which Revan is better.....then all we'll see is 90% of that one.

It's CG's "new" game plan. Look at the top 50 in your squad arena. Look at the top 50 in your fleet arena. They are all basically identical. It's a single character (or single ship) dominated meta. Easier for CG to manipulate and sell. Simple.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Revan is not that hard for CG to counter. Deathmark stops the revives. Without those, kill GMY and the team is finished. There’s no doubt that Darth Revan will shut down JKR, but the question is whether it will be weak on defence like the **** is in fleet.

like the what ?

deathmarks stops revives, but it doesn't stops saviour. savior is triggered when a jedi reaches 1hp, so, he doesn't dies
  • Aydnie wrote: »

like the what ?

deathmarks stops revives, but it doesn't stops saviour. savior is triggered when a jedi reaches 1hp, so, he doesn't dies

Undispellable healing immunity.
  • elmarko1234
    165 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Healing immunity + death-mark would shut down saviour hard, as would drop them to 1% heal/failed heal, then would be a 1 shot permadeath.

Or if anywhere in his kit he has the ability to suspend enemy leaders passives - but that i doubt.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Aydnie wrote: »

like the what ?

Yes you have yo go through his health/protection 2 times but that doesn't mean you cant kill him permanently the second time, that is his point.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Imagine if they can beat each other and we get some semblance of balance to the meta.
    I'm not sure that will be the case.

If they can just beat each other, then why would people switch from Revan who for most will be max geared by now?.

D.Revan would have to be significanly better vs Jedi Revan on offense & defence - but worse vs say, bounty hunters (who are bad vs Revan)

But tbh, unless older factions get reworks I can't see it happening as to beat 4 paragraphs of text, you need something better than a boosk leadership.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    I'm not sure that will be the case.

If they can just beat each other, then why would people switch from Revan who for most will be max geared by now?.

D.Revan would have to be significanly better vs Jedi Revan on offense & defence - but worse vs say, bounty hunters (who are bad vs Revan)

But tbh, unless older factions get reworks I can't see it happening as to beat 4 paragraphs of text, you need something better than a boosk leadership.

Not beat each other, but counter each other. Revan cam beat revan, but it's a repetitive dance over and over.

Counters play off each other and allow people to choose and make it less repetitive. Which would make people happy.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    My suspicion is that if you have one, you'll be able to beat the other on offense. Assuming roughly equal gear/mod/zeta levels, of course.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• The savior ability doesn’t say heal it says recover so the healing immunity will just stop them from healing when they are called to assist.
  • panetone
    33 posts Member
    edited March 2019

Deathmark stops the revives? Where I can confirm that? DT special Terminate stop revives, but I can't find anything about Deathmark doing it.

Found a response from Crumb in another topic saying they changed it.Deathmark prevents revives.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    burby888 wrote: »
    The savior ability doesn’t say heal it says recover so the healing immunity will just stop them from healing when they are called to assist.

I don't think I have ever had a chance to test this, but I believe that is incorrect. Undispellable HM should stop savior from healing them. It does in the raid when you hit enrage, I believe. They still wont die for 1 turn as stated in the ability, but they will stay at 1 health.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    For the first few month it’s allgoing to shift to dark revan simply because people are tired of playing ls revan. Then it will slowly transition between the 2. Still going to be boring but the choices to fight will look like we have options. Line the op said, smoke and mirrors.
  • ClubberLangIII
    372 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I learned in some kind of math class somewhere that multiplying two negatives makes a positive.

Is that relavant for the Revan discussion?

Post edited by Kyno on
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    Thanks for all your replies but my question hasnt been answered thought

like the **** is in fleet.

Like the what ?
  • Aydnie wrote: »
    Thanks for all your replies but my question hasnt been answered thought

like the **** is in fleet.

Like the what ?

Han's Falcon
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    If DRevan doesn't have an easier time beating JKRevan than JKRevan does, i'd be very suprised. For that reason alone people will switch to DRevan.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I think ill try to get darth revan within next 6 to 8 months
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    I won’t be surprised they aren’t going to nullify revan and render him useless with dark revan. That’s a pipe dream
  • The rework kits of hk and bsf show that revan will die quickly.
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    The rework kits of hk and bsf show that revan will die quickly.

You mean If revan doesn’t strike first and take someone out ?
  • The people most likely to outright buy darth revan may not have the mods to beat current meta teams?
    Delicious 😎
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Uh OP...... I'm pretty sure Darth Revan can have a Eeth Koth lead and with bastilla and HK would probably wipe Jedi revan out......
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Uh OP...... I'm pretty sure Darth Revan can have a Eeth Koth lead and with bastilla and HK would probably wipe Jedi revan out......

Not so sure about the lead, DR lead will probably be a key part. But I do agree that just the three of them will probably be able to take out a whole JKR team.
  • I'd love for him to trash Jedi Revan but be worse against some other factions. The problem is I can't see how they may work.

He will need to either have,

1 - more base speed/speed from leadership than D.Revan otherwise - he will die first turn or
    2 - Some kind of damage immunity/huge turn 1 defensive buff or a built in turn meter turn 1 turbo.

The power creep is real & I've already got JKR and will get DR. I just hope they do it well, saying that I do think he should destroy JKR - otherwise I can't see the point in switching to anybody else. It's not like JKR struggles against any other teams.
  • MuCuS wrote: »
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    The rework kits of hk and bsf show that revan will die quickly.

You mean If revan doesn’t strike first and take someone out ?

Revan has a hard time doing that now with Traya and BSF. Jedi Revan can be beaten by like 4 different teams at the moment, only issue is defense. Guarantee that DSR will shut down Jedi Revan teams fast.