Imagine if Darth Revan is unable to beat Jedi Knigh Revan

Replies

• DeepChu
    185 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    If things are done at least minimum properly Darth Revan should kill JK Revan but be weak aginst Rebels or NS or Triunvirate. If they are counters to each other then why bother? And I think nobody wants another 3 to 5 months of 49/50 Darth Revans in the Top 50 like has happened with JK Revan.
  • DeepChu
    185 posts Member
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    MuCuS wrote: »
    The rework kits of hk and bsf show that revan will die quickly.

You mean If revan doesn’t strike first and take someone out ?

Revan has a hard time doing that now with Traya and BSF. Jedi Revan can be beaten by like 4 different teams at the moment, only issue is defense. Guarantee that DSR will shut down Jedi Revan teams fast.

Uber modded JK Revans can only be consistently beaten by other JK Revans. You can win with Rebels or Triunvirate if properly modded to beat JK Revan, but that's it and it guarantees only about 50% - 70% of win rate at maximum.
  • It was mentioned DR would have a strong effect on leaders. This can range from limitations to completely disabling an opponents leader ability. That would be OP.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    keiths9216 wrote: »
    It was mentioned DR would have a strong effect on leaders. This can range from limitations to completely disabling an opponents leader ability. That would be OP.

Or simply some damage buff or additional effect when attacking a leader.
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Aydnie wrote: »
    Thanks for all your replies but my question hasnt been answered thought

Palanthian wrote: »
    like the **** is in fleet.

Like the what ?

Han's Falcon

Are you Palanthian ?

No.

Are you in his head ?

No.

So you cant know what he thinks of
  • DeepChu wrote: »
    MuCuS wrote: »
    The rework kits of hk and bsf show that revan will die quickly.

You mean If revan doesn’t strike first and take someone out ?

Revan has a hard time doing that now with Traya and BSF. Jedi Revan can be beaten by like 4 different teams at the moment, only issue is defense. Guarantee that DSR will shut down Jedi Revan teams fast.

Uber modded JK Revans can only be consistently beaten by other JK Revans. You can win with Rebels or Triunvirate if properly modded to beat JK Revan, but that's it and it guarantees only about 50% - 70% of win rate at maximum.

Uber modded trayas and cls can beat any revan team...again, issue is defense. But there are no safe teams anymore.
  • It bugs me how the word ‘knight’ is misspelled in the title. Also, I don’t think we’ll have to worry about DR not being able to beat JKR.
    ab8u9baq88ul.jpeg
  • H_B0MBZ
    292 posts Member
    They are in an impossible spot. If he can win and lose to JKR why would people switch teams. If he is a hard counter to Revan then he must be weak to another team if not he is just the new JKR and power creep would become real.

Bottom line if other teams beat DR nobody will switch. But if he beats everyone then it's power creep. There is no middle ground because Revan can counter, win on Offense pretty easy and holds the best on D.

My only thought is if they don't make DR OP but a very hard counter to JKR and make him very accessible it would make people think twice before putting Revan on D because everyone would then have a counter.

Idk, CG is in a no win situation and in all fairness they put themselves there.
  • DeepChu wrote: »
    If things are done at least minimum properly Darth Revan should kill JK Revan (...) If they are counters to each other then why bother?

Exactly. We all have our comfortable g12 JKRs, what would be the motivation to switch\whale to a team that isnt stronger?
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    H_B0MBZ wrote: »
    They are in an impossible spot. If he can win and lose to JKR why would people switch teams. If he is a hard counter to Revan then he must be weak to another team if not he is just the new JKR and power creep would become real.

Bottom line if other teams beat DR nobody will switch. But if he beats everyone then it's power creep. There is no middle ground because Revan can counter, win on Offense pretty easy and holds the best on D.

My only thought is if they don't make DR OP but a very hard counter to JKR and make him very accessible it would make people think twice before putting Revan on D because everyone would then have a counter.

I don't understand this concept of "power creep"...and certainly not in this game. CG has shown since the CLS meta that it can introduce balance fairly easily. It reworked EP/Vader and made it the meta for a short while, then people said the trio was OP and then they introduced Nest, they made CLS more than relevant by adding Chewy and then C3p0...I mean JTR is still pretty darn good.

Revan was meta but still beatable with CLS and Traya with BSF.

Pretty sure DSR will be OP for a while, until they introduce another character or two to bring balance.

Edit: I still remember when people were super annoyed that jedis were so weak and useless. Now...they're too OP. Le sigh.

• Exactly. We all have our comfortable g12 JKRs, what would be the motivation to switch\whale to a team that isnt stronger?

No guarentee they care, they alrdy got those shekels

The biggest profits for darth revan will come from first time purchasers
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

I don't understand this concept of "power creep"...and certainly not in this game. CG has shown since the CLS meta that it can introduce balance fairly easily. It reworked EP/Vader and made it the meta for a short while, then people said the trio was OP and then they introduced Nest, they made CLS more than relevant by adding Chewy and then C3p0...I mean JTR is still pretty darn good.

Pretty sure DSR will be OP for a while, until they introduce another character or two to bring balance.

Edit: I still remember when people were super annoyed that jedis were so weak and useless. Now...they're too OP. Le sigh.

The point is that older teams need new additions to be competitive again, and those additions need to be more powerful. Hence the power creep. Zaul or ZQGJ, once dominant meta teams, are barely B-grade now. And JKR was a huge leap in both power and complexity, so hopefully he didn't set the pace for all new additions, that would go out of bound very quickly.
    Note that power creep in itself is not a bad thing, it's actually one of the ways to keep the game alive. It's the pace of it that matters.
  • Nauros wrote: »

The point is that older teams need new additions to be competitive again, and those additions need to be more powerful. Hence the power creep. Zaul or ZQGJ, once dominant meta teams, are barely B-grade now. And JKR was a huge leap in both power and complexity, so hopefully he didn't set the pace for all new additions, that would go out of bound very quickly.
    Note that power creep in itself is not a bad thing, it's actually one of the ways to keep the game alive. It's the pace of it that matters.

That's what I mean...you can't make all teams good at all times...there will always be a ranking that moves up and down.

Compared to other mobile game, this game has next to no power creep.
  • Pacing? You mean like a consistant rotation where every faction takes a turn getting a rework or new char?
    Sounds cool dude
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • If only we had a kit to look at maybe we could start to make some better speculations 🧐🤪
  • If only we had a kit to look at maybe we could start to make some better speculations 🧐🤪

tenor.gif?itemid=5380361
  • Aydnie wrote: »

Like the what ?

Han's Falcon

Are you Palanthian ?

No.

Are you in his head ?

No.

Except i do know cause the Falcon's nickname is censored on this forum and is the newest ship in fleet that is great on O and sucks on D. So yes i do know what he thinks of.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

That's what I mean...you can't make all teams good at all times...there will always be a ranking that moves up and down.

Compared to other mobile game, this game has next to no power creep.

The power creep here is pretty obvious, though I agree that they are mostly doing a decent job managing it. That might also be a reason why, compared to other mobile games, this one has an amazing lifespan with no end in sight, despite what people say here every time a new meta is introduced.
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    It bugs me how the word ‘knight’ is misspelled in the title.
    ab8u9baq88ul.jpeg

Its my comuter keybord, sorry
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member

Like the what ?

Han's Falcon

Are you Palanthian ?

No.

Are you in his head ?

No.

Except i do know cause the Falcon's nickname is censored on this forum and is the newest ship in fleet that is great on O and sucks on D. So yes i do know what he thinks of.

Why is it banned
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

Like the what ?

Han's Falcon

Are you Palanthian ?

No.

Are you in his head ?

No.

Why is it banned

Because the term M. F. Means many things... Mighty Fantastic being one of them.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

Like the what ?

Han's Falcon

Are you Palanthian ?

No.

Are you in his head ?

No.

Hold on now, are you seriously saying the falcon sucks on D?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • [/quote]

Except i do know cause the Falcon's nickname is censored on this forum and is the newest ship in fleet that is great on O and sucks on D. So yes i do know what he thinks of.[/quote]

Please just call it HMF and skip the censorship.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    leef wrote: »

Like the what ?

Han's Falcon

Are you Palanthian ?

No.

Are you in his head ?

No.

Hold on now, are you seriously saying the falcon sucks on D?

No the other person was, I was trying to explain why I knew what ship he was talking about based on basic connotation the OC clearly missed
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • I'm having a hard time seeing what will be able to beat Darth revan.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I'm having a hard time seeing what will be able to beat Darth revan.

Me too, but that's probably because his kit isn't known yet. It will probably get clearer once it's out.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Have you seen the new kits for crying out loud.... DR team 10x more OP than JKR and we dont' even have his kit yet........ dear lord
  • I get excited when I hear no one can be revived.
  • I get excited when I hear no one can be revived.

Not that big of a deal...just kill Jolee.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I get excited when I hear no one can be revived.

Not that big of a deal...just kill someone first to trigger Savior, make sure Jolee doesn't get retribution for constant heals and kill him before Revan heals him with his AoE.
    Here, fixed it for you.