Guild Dilemma

Prev1
Eonixx
62 posts Member
So, I am part of a guild doing HPit and HAAT and Sith Raid tier 6.

Pit and HAAT go twice per week. Due to the guild being elsewhere in the world, usually said raids go when I sleep ;( so basically a random 20th-40th place reward is what I can get quite a lot...

Sith raid I can get top 10 easily despite not having a good squad to go yet...

TW is 50/50

TB is usually 23-25 stars

We have more or less 16-18k tickets/day. I get #1-#3 guild store currency reward on a daily basis from activities guild contribution.

Problem is mainly the raid timing, the tickets/day and the fact that I do my job for the guild (TB, tickets, TW and so on) every single day, despite many others being lazy.

Chat is semi dead, but 6 or seven people here in the are really good people, can't speak for the others because I never chatted with them.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guild, but I am really tempted to leave...

Is my guild bad?
Is pretending to find a better guild a dream or an illusion?
Should I stay or should I go?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    No your guild is not bad.

It does sound like you are more committed than many of them are.

All those numbers you state are fine, but there is almost no reason to not have 29-30k tickets daily. That just slows your progress and shouldnt be that difficult.

For me personally I would go, or start talking to leadership to get 30k daily and possibly better raid times.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Also as a side note, if you want to try and offer this player a spot in your guild please do so in a DM, this is not a recruiting thread.
  • ClubberLangIII
    372 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I was once just like you.

Post edited by Kyno on
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Some guilds rotate raid starting hours (2-3 different times of day) to accomodate members in different timezones. It works fine in some guilds.

A guild of 40 members or more producing only 16-18k raid tickets? Activity could be better. More raid tickets => more raids => more rewards => more everything.

In the end it's a matter of what you prefer. What would be more fun for you - to stay in your current guild, or to find a more active guild which performs better and has better prospects for the future?
  • Options
    If you are that dedicated and sounds like a majority is not, search for another home. It's not easy when you make friends and are for a majority having fun but with raid times not working for you and ticket production that low....move on.
  • Options
    You seem to be more active than the others. There are so many active guilds your profile could fit in. Just leave.
  • JMG680
    83 posts Member
    Options
    I would try to find a guild more in line with your level of active and commitment. It will help you in the long run.
  • Options
    You need to find more active guild that also suits your timezone, there is sure plenty of choices. This guild slows your progress. People in this game are generally friendly so you won't have a problem finding new friends.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    It sounds like your guild is you and a handful of others doing all the work while 42 others sponge rewards and do nothing. I'd find a new guild, and then if they have room, see if you can bring over a few of the other active people.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Eonixx
    62 posts Member
    Options
    Many thanks for all of your replies, I have more answers now.

Forgot to say that those 16-18k tickets comes from a 49/50 members, 84 million GP guild.

I play the game since mid October 18, and to be honest what you all said has been in my head since December or so.

I mean, I am fighting in arena with people with 200 raids done, when I am at less than 100!!!
    Add to this the poor reward of a low rank in raids due to bad time zone...

You have an idea about how much I feel to have lost in this time.

So what I am gonna do is:
    I will wait the end of the TW (we lost), say thanks to everybody, wish the best of luck, and start my new adventure elsewhere!

Really thanks for all the quick replies, you guys are amazing ;)
  • Options
    16 to 18K tickets is really really bad
  • Options
    Guilds not bad. Its just to casual for you and wrong time zone for you. You should leave and find a new guild.

Its ok to hop until you find one that suits you.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Here is the problem with the tickets:

You’re missing raids - that’s bad.
    But even worse, it’s a sign that many of your guild members are not farming enough.
    That will delay your journey to hSith. It will hold you back in tw, tb, etc.
    If your members aren’t working together towards this, you will only fall further and further behind each day.
    Find an active guild. Talk to your few friends and bring them with you if you want.
    But right now, it’s clear that you have a hardcore group and a casual group under the same guild banner.
  • Options
    A guild should help you progress, if that’s not the case, it’s the wrong guild for YOU! Remember it’s your game, not your guildmates. There are always plenty of guilds recruiting so be ready for floods of guilds wanting you.

Best of luck, leaving a guild is hard, but once you’re in the right guild, you’ll regret not moving sooner.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Eonixx wrote: »

Pit and HAAT go twice per week. Due to the guild being elsewhere in the world, usually said raids go when I sleep ;( so basically a random 20th-40th place reward is what I can get quite a lot...

TW is 50/50

We have more or less 16-18k tickets/day. I get #1-#3 guild store currency reward on a daily basis from activities guild contribution.

Problem is mainly the raid timing, the tickets/day and the fact that I do my job for the guild (TB, tickets, TW and so on) every single day, despite many others being lazy.

Chat is semi dead, but 6 or seven people here in the are really good people, can't speak for the others because I never chatted with them.

Is my guild bad?

Staying in a dead guild is pointless.... if you have friends there merge with someone....if your doing HSTR you need to go somewhere where they can do HSTR one you can get top 10

The first 3 guilds I was in were amazing and the people were great i had real life friends... if casual is all you want then fine stay with the friends..but it's very hard to progress in this game as it is.... find a guild that can do HSTR and you can slide into top 10... you won't regret it

TAKE YOUR GOOD PLAYERS..... go to the merge thread and form an HSTR guild..... trust me
  • EdSolo
    412 posts Member
    Options
    I loved my old guild, but sticking with it cost me pretty severely. I have over 4 million gp, but handily get killed in GA because I am behind in gear. I have 30 at g12 and 50 at g11 and I am facing people who probably always have 50+ g12 toons. I still need 144 Darth Traya shards and I am fighting 7* Traya's almost exclusively. I only got Revan the second time through because I had to concentrate on other things trying to get my guild over the T6 STR hump. We could never get past P1 in HSTR because our guild would not focus on getting JTR.

Once I switch, I earned my first Traya shards within 24 hours of switching. I went from a low 30 stars in TB to one are two stars off a full run. TW is what it is at this level, but my old guild was maybe 50% at best. Our raid times rotate between 12 PM, 3 PM, and 9 PM EST starting times. Communication is a million times better. Participation is a million times better. My old guild was only using the LINE app, and I had to set that up being only an officer and not the guild leader. Once you see how Discord is organized, you would never use LINE again.

When I joined my new guild, I only had probe droid unlocked because of the BH mission. Once I joined the new guild, I need just two TB's to get from 5* to 7*. The extra crystals and guild store currency make a huge difference, as does the HSTR gear.

If your concern is advancing, or just keeping your head above water in the game, join a HSTR guild ASAP.
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Also as a side note, if you want to try and offer this player a spot in your guild please do so in a DM, this is not a recruiting thread.

Guess some people just plainly cant read @Kyno :*
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Options
    Agree with everyone else saying the low tickets is the reason to leave.
  • MosleyEisley
    3 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Join mosley eisley cantina we have discord and out perform your guild. raids are at 9pm eastern standard time. Door is always open
  • Options
    What’s your swgoh.gg? That’ll help with determining if they truly deserve you.
  • Eonixx
    62 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    https://swgoh.gg/p/419626439/

Not really helping since unless I have 330 shards and gear up to g9 I will no longer unlock toons.

Working towards CLS (ready), Chewbacca (almost here), Raid Han (280 shards), Revan (160 shards of Big Z and Jolee, 330 of Mission, 2 of T3M4) and MlLF (a lot has to be done here, I have only 100 shards of 2000 and 140 of XB).

As a secondary project I am farming a team of Nightsisters.

I must admit that I am shocked and happy about how this game is active btw, I have received more request in game and on this forum that I can handle...
  • Options
    I would seek a different guild if I were you and was as committed as you seem. You’ll get a lot more out of the game and feel better about the time spent
  • Options
    Yup. I actually rose through the ranks to become leader of my first guild, and was very happy with the people and timezones there, but as a more casual guild we weren't even clearing HAAT, much less touching HSith. I talked it over with the officers and in our discord server, and made the decision to hand over the reigns last summer. My new guild is much more in line with my commitment level and I've had a chance to rise to officer, 7*d GK within the first few months of joining, and just hit 6* Traya last night. I still keep in touch with a few of the old guild mates, and wish them well, but ultimately it was the right call to move onwards and upwards, since that was what I wanted from the game. Good luck finding your good fit!
  • Options
    Eonixx wrote: »

TW is 50/50

Is my guild bad?

Facebook has an incredible SWGOH group you can join. They have many super high quality guilds always looking for members. Be picky and pick one with good participation and good personality. Best of luck!
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Ur guild is not active you should get in a more active guild 18-20k is low should be at least 25k.

And they should simulate pit raids. One of the best things about the update no more pointless competitions about pressing auto.

Have to focus on more important aspects of guild. If ur looking for a GUILD to just chat I’d say find it but expect tickets to be low.
  • Options
    Less gear with the sim. Sucks for those who are active and participate every time. My guild doesn’t do it
  • Options
    I was at your point in my first guild, only we weren't yet able to clear haat, so no GK, no guild growth. was a good guild, just didn’t meet my desired play level anymore. Just state as much to guildmaster and find another through forums, I did, never looked back, found an awesome guild. My old guildmaster contacted me in-game through chat one on one and I explained why I left, all was very cordial and understood. Several dozen people contacted me about joining their guild after I posted my specific inventory info, etc., all great offers and went with one that seemed right. Go for it, you’ll find another guild that is good for you and is also a great group!