"Sith Empire"

Thank you for the update!

Will this tag take the place of the "Sith" tag on Assassin, Marauder, Trooper, and BSF?

Or will the "Sith Empire" tag serve a dual purpose of being a stand-alone tag but also counting toward the "Sith" tag?

To summarize, will Darth Revan, BSF, Assassin, Marauder, and Trooper have synergy with traditional Sith?

Replies

• It doesn't say it take the place of the sith tag so it doesn't
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    I guess 'Sith Empire' is just the counterpart to 'Old Republic' and won't replace any 'Sith' tags. It's just there to give them synergy, nothing else.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • vhiranodal
    11 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    BSF new kit (rework) shows her having both tags.

CATEGORIES: Sith, Support, Sith Empire (Note: Fallen Bastila is losing the Old Republic category tag)
  • I assume nothing in this game until its confirmed or denied by CG and even then
  • Probably two different tags, HK is not a sith for sure. So, in my opinion, 1) No, 2) No, 3) Yes, but because they are Sith too, no because they are Sith Empire.
    I'd love to hear from it the devs too.
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    The wording of the announcement suggested it was in addition, and not in lieu of. It would be pretty wild (and dumb) if these 6 were part of the Sith Empire, but weren't Sith. If that were to actually happen, then we should also expect all of the Jedi to get broken apart by era, so that Jedi Luke and Jedi Rey don't totally break the game.

That said: please don't. Part of the fun of the game is to have cross-era battles. That idea is even in the trailer for the game itself. The game gets a lot less fun and interesting if Darth Vader and the Emperor have no synergy with the Sith Empire.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    What will this mean for ordo, the only dark side old Republic guy? 👀
    I mean, it may not matter to a lot of ppl, but it kind of bothers me that he will be the only one lol
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    I see nothing in that post that would even lead to this assumption. Although, sith trooper should actually lose the sith tag since it not a sith, just a trooper in the army.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Calx wrote: »
    ... It would be pretty wild (and dumb) if these 6 were part of the Sith Empire, but weren't Sith.

Sith Trooper isn’t a Sith. He’s just a soldier that worked for the Sith Empire. He should have the Sith Empire tag, but not the Sith tag.
  • Sith Trooper should really lose the Sith tag if it's getting Sith Empire, he isn't any more Sith than HK. But probably won't.
  • vhiranodal wrote: »
    BSF new kit (rework) shows her having both tags.

CATEGORIES: Sith, Support, Sith Empire (Note: Fallen Bastila is losing the Old Republic category tag)

Thank you. I hadn't noticed this. That would suggest the whole group (except HK, probably) will have both the "Sith" and the "Sith Empire" tags.
  • Gannon wrote: »
    What will this mean for ordo, the only dark side old Republic guy? 👀
    I mean, it may not matter to a lot of ppl, but it kind of bothers me that he will be the only one lol

Technically, now that they are using Old Republic and Sith Empire as clear faction tags, not just using OR as a "characters from KOTOR" tag, Canderous actually shouldn't have either one. He should have a Mandalorian tag.
  • Padas
    52 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Canderous was made for the Carth team. His synergy is the dots and Carth's Zeta. Their alignments don't factor into their kit synergy and is still true to the games lore. (Not that CG really take lore into account 100% of the time.)
  • I agree that mechanically he goes with the OR team. Just pointing out that narratively he was never actually in the faction.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Sith Trooper could be an incredibly weak force-user who sucks with a lightsaber, so he just uses his tiny force powers as defensive tricks and tries to shoot enemies with his blaster. /shrug
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Sith Trooper could be an incredibly weak force-user who sucks with a lightsaber, so he just uses his tiny force powers as defensive tricks and tries to shoot enemies with his blaster. /shrug

He is not force sensative in any way.

The first sith troopers to follow revan were just traitors of the republic. Ie anyone who joined darth revan and turn their back on the republic after jedi revan fell to the darkside.

Now the sith did train them as if they were more than they are.... but no force = not a sith. Sith Empire for sure.
  • The Sith don’t have many tanks. Lore or not, Sith Trooper needs to retain the Sith tag. If he was losing it, they would have mentioned it. He’s a staple of so many Traya and Zaul teams, it would be too disruptive to remove it.
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    The Sith don’t have many tanks. Lore or not, Sith Trooper needs to retain the Sith tag. If he was losing it, they would have mentioned it. He’s a staple of so many Traya and Zaul teams, it would be too disruptive to remove it.

That's a reason they need to either add another Sith tank, or rework an existing Sith to be a tank, not a reason to leave a Sith tag on a character who never should have had it in the first place.