All Quiet on the Revan Front

Prev1
Anyone remember that Darth Revan guy? Meant to be launching in just over 14 hours?!

Replies

• a47.jpg
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    Anyone remember that Darth Revan guy? Meant to be launching in just over 14 hours?!

I’m not trying to be an ****, but ask a serious question. Did they actually give tomorrow as a release date?
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Palanthian wrote: »

I’m not trying to be an ****, but ask a serious question. Did they actually give tomorrow as a release date?

No. It was the earliest tentative release date based on both the pack expirations and the first Revan trailer that was shortly removed and replaced with one that said "Coming soon" instead of March 21. CG also clarified this too saying they were shooting for March 21 but as always, subject to change.
  • Palanthian wrote: »

They did on a trailer they made, but on the forums they added that the date was not final and to anticipate it “sometime in the next 1-2 weeks”. So anytime starting tomorrow.
  • Quiet before the storm...
  • I still think there would be videos or at the very least a kit release before now if he was rolling out tomorrow.

The lack of a video or kit really throws a wrench in the hype they would like with a new meta release.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    On one hand, more time to stockpile gear in case the requirements are ridiculous. On the other hand, more days fighting JKR in arena over and over...
  • TheRealNickEZ
    684 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    “Hi Holotable Heroes,

In preparation for Darth Revan, the following units will receive the "Sith Empire" faction tag in the next update:
    Darth Revan
    Bastila Shan (Fallen)
    HK-47
    Sith Assassin
    Sith Marauder
    Sith Trooper
    We also be removing the "Old Republic" faction tag from Bastila Shan (Fallen). This is partly due to that she was not part of the Old Republic when she joined the Sith”

You were saying...
  • “Hi Holotable Heroes,

In preparation for Darth Revan, the following units will receive the "Sith Empire" faction tag in the next update:
    Darth Revan
    Bastila Shan (Fallen)
    HK-47
    Sith Assassin
    Sith Marauder
    Sith Trooper
    We also be removing the "Old Republic" faction tag from Bastila Shan (Fallen). This is partly due to that she was not part of the Old Republic when she joined the Sith”

You were saying...

Doesnt count
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Riffinator wrote: »
    “Hi Holotable Heroes,

Darth Revan
    Bastila Shan (Fallen)
    HK-47
    Sith Assassin
    Sith Marauder
    Sith Trooper

You were saying...

Doesnt count

I dunno. The way I read that suggests Revan will be a toon in our inventory at least after the next update. Why have him sit there doing nothing for a week? If he's ready they'll release him
  • Reyalp wrote: »
    Riffinator wrote: »
    “Hi Holotable Heroes,

Darth Revan
    Bastila Shan (Fallen)
    HK-47
    Sith Assassin
    Sith Marauder
    Sith Trooper

You were saying...

Doesnt count

I dunno. The way I read that suggests Revan will be a toon in our inventory at least after the next update. Why have him sit there doing nothing for a week? If he's ready they'll release him

True, but as of the moment we dont have his kit info.
  • “Hi Holotable Heroes,

Darth Revan
    Bastila Shan (Fallen)
    HK-47
    Sith Assassin
    Sith Marauder
    Sith Trooper

You were saying...

Well this totally ruined my day. I was so hopeful that they would give us an extra week or so to farm characters. sucks I am so close to being ready for DR but am going to come up short.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i still expect the event to go live on the 21st to be honest.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Although they've almost always released a kit reveal 2+ days before an event, no where in their cadence does it specify they actually need to release the kit prior to the event. Han Solo never had a full kit reveal until someone unlocked him.

• Have we ever had an event drop without a kit being revealed?

Ebon Hawk, I think, but not shure. Have the feeling that the update and kit were very close.
    They still have time to post kit right now))
  • evoluza wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    “Hi Holotable Heroes,

Darth Revan
    Bastila Shan (Fallen)
    HK-47
    Sith Assassin
    Sith Marauder
    Sith Trooper

You were saying...

Well this totally ruined my day. I was so hopeful that they would give us an extra week or so to farm characters. sucks I am so close to being ready for DR but am going to come up short.

Buy packs then... That's why the event should drop tomorrow

Have we ever had an event drop without a kit being revealed?

We already have the trailer...
    They already in need of time to finish. If they are done to launch it tomorrow, they do. If not then it happens later.

Cool, but that isn't what I asked you.

No we haven't
  • evoluza wrote: »
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    “Hi Holotable Heroes,

Darth Revan
    Bastila Shan (Fallen)
    HK-47
    Sith Assassin
    Sith Marauder
    Sith Trooper

You were saying...

Buy packs then... That's why the event should drop tomorrow

Have we ever had an event drop without a kit being revealed?

As Ratinira said, the Ebon Hawk came with a few hours to the kit release.
    We didn't have other such releases, but the HK and Fallen Bastila reworks already have enough hints to work as a kit teaser.
    It would be terrible for the game if they waited another week. A lot more people would be ready and (not to speak against them but) we would basically switch from a dominant, overused JKR meta to the DR one. It won't solve the problem of diversity if 50 people/shard unlock him.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    I expect a kit released about 5pm CST and a patch about an hour later.
  • Ahem...
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »

If this fails to happen, will you buy crystal packs for everyone in this thread?

No?

Kit dropped a couple hours earlier than I expected. Woohoo?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

If this fails to happen, will you buy crystal packs for everyone in this thread?

No?

Kit dropped a couple hours earlier than I expected. Woohoo?

you were technicallly wrong, so i'd like my crystal pack now =D
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

Instead, I'll just offer you my "thoughts and prayers." Good luck!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

Instead, I'll just offer you my "thoughts and prayers." Good luck!

it's more than i could reasonably expect, thanks ;)