Kit Reveal: Darth Revan

Replies

• Can we pleaseeee get a confirmed event start date...?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb

Is Ferocity considered a debuff?

Judging from the development insight, it is.
    Follow up question: Can it be resisted? That would be super weird...
  • When Darth Revan's Health falls below 50%, it is equalized with the other healthiest ally.

Is this every single time it happens, or just the first time?
    "The dark side, the light... both have merit. Why not half of each...?" - Harvey "Two-Face" Dent
  • From the Development Insight:

Force Storm reads as a simple ability, but the debuff that Revan puts on a team is more powerful than you may think. Darth Revan applies five Ferocity debuffs to all allies, which gives them Offense and Potency, but don’t forget the Crit Chance and 15 more Speed per debuff due to Darth Revan’s Leader ability.
  • Jarvind
    3918 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I'm into it. The lack of synergy with the regular Sith tag is a bit disappointing - I had really hoped to use Palpatine and Sion with him. But while it's clearly mega-OP, the focus on anti-Jedi abilities makes me think that some other squad (CLS? Traya? GRIEVOUS, EVEN?) will have a shot against him. The lack of an inherent massive speed boost from the start, like JKR has, suggests that a very fast team would have a chance to subvert him before the engine gets rolling.

One thing I am curious on: on his lead, does the enemy have to go below 50% and stay there? Or just get below 50% at any point during the turn? If it's the former I feel like mechanics like Savior or Vandor Chewie's zeta will be able to avoid it, at least a bit.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• How does the gaining ferocity at the start of the turn interact with traya's cleanse at the start of the turn?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I'm into it. The lack of synergy with the regular Sith tag is a bit disappointing - I had really hoped to use Palpatine and Sion with him. But while it's clearly mega-OP, the focus on anti-Jedi abilities makes me think that some other squad (CLS? Traya? GRIEVOUS, EVEN?) will have a shot against him.

CLS is shut down with the anti-assist clause. Some unfortunate collateral damage...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Quailman wrote: »
    No effort whatsoever on balancing since Reven was released.

This.

Begun, the Revan War has.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I call this team being cancer
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    @CG_SBCrumb

Yes, Ferocity is a debuff
    Leader: Lord of the Sith

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Sith Empire allies are immune to Turn Meter reduction while they are debuffed, and gain 10% Critical Chance and 15 Speed for each of their own debuff. At the start of each Sith Empire ally's turn, they gain 5 stacks of Ferocity for 2 turns.
    Does this mean the same thing as for each debuff that they are suffering?
    Yes for example, if a character has 5 stacks of Ferocity, then they gain +50% Crit Chance and +75 Speed
  • Alijar1
    381 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    This... actually seems somewhat balanced. Somehow. It seems to be a direct counter to the Jedi Revan teams... and that alone. The Ferocity Debuff is a very interesting way to counteract what could happen, and he seems to be quite reliant on either Badstilla or HK to help him out in the long run.
    Of course, I could just be blinded by not having 50000 paragraphs of text like with 3PO or Jedi Revan, and we still have to wait to see this in action, but so far if he manages to keep Jedi Revan and Jedi Revan alone in check, we could be in for some good stuff in the upcoming Meta
    I'm not happy that the poor Tuskens were on the receiving end of one of his attacks but the fact they survived is something
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Quailman wrote: »
    I think I'm totally done with this game the second he is released. No effort whatsoever on balancing since Reven was released. There goes about three years and a few hundred dollars investment.

Lighten up, Francis.
    Go Pens!
  • @CG_SBCrumb -- how does fear interact with Traya's unique -- if Traya is inflicted with fear, does she miss her next turn, or does her unique kick in first, cleansing fear?
  • dalosto147
    282 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Seems solid
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I'm into it. The lack of synergy with the regular Sith tag is a bit disappointing - I had really hoped to use Palpatine and Sion with him. But while it's clearly mega-OP, the focus on anti-Jedi abilities makes me think that some other squad (CLS? Traya? GRIEVOUS, EVEN?) will have a shot against him.

CLS is shut down with the anti-assist clause. Some unfortunate collateral damage...

The anti-assist clause is only when targeting Darth Revan. Between that and the fact that he equalizes health with other allies, pretty clear that you'll have to go after his supporting cast first and finish him off at the end.

• CG_SBCrumb
    Nauros wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb

Judging from the development insight, it is.
    Follow up question: Can it be resisted? That would be super weird...
    No, you can't resist your own effects.
  • JoaK0
    19 posts Member
    Well done!!! The interview with CG ParkingInstructor is awesome too!!! Really hyped for Darth Revan!
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Holy cow. Complicated. Fun. Scary.
  • Seems like you can plague them and turn them into super speed suicide machines , very low tenacity and I can't find a healer or ability to that effect in the sith empire tag so you never know he might have counters lol
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Egbert1979 wrote: »
    Sweet
    MrPaulFitz wrote: »
    Looks fantastic...... so when does the event start?!!
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Gotta love me some KOTOR! Darth Revan Baby!

So this is how balance dies....to thunderous applause. [/PadmeAmidala]
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    He looks great and great artwork as usual! AOE shock that prevents TM gain plus all of the other debuffs are going to be bad news. Might be enough to make Maurader viable. 25 stacks of Feroicty...

Question: When his fears expire how do they work with Fastilla? Does expiring fears apply all of the debuffs in Fastilla's kit or do those just happen for her 2 fears?
  • @CG_SBCrumb Thanks for the artworks! Was about to ask for to use it as a new wallpaper :)
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • My favorite part is that even if it isn't balanced enough to allow diversity (it looks like it is, it's quite unique), the mirror matches wouldn't be too annoying or bad and would lead to some very fun gameplay.
  • Treeburner wrote: »
    Seems like you can plague them and turn them into super speed suicide machines , very low tenacity and I can't find a healer or ability to that effect in the sith empire tag so you never know he might have counters lol

From Bastila's new kit
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Changes in Green

Unique 3: Force Bond

FINAL TEXT: If Darth Revan is in the leader slot: Bastila and Darth Revan have +70% Max Health and +70% Health Steal, Darth Revan also recovers Protection from Corrupted Battle Meditation, and enemies inflicted with Corrupted Battle Meditation can't inflict debuffs on enemies when they use an ability (excludes Raid Bosses).

If Jedi Knight Revan is on the enemy squad: Bastila gains Advantage and Foresight for one turn at the start of Jedi Knight Revan's turns.

It won't block them all but it makes it harder to debuff the squad

• LauraBodewig
    5 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    yeet
    Post edited by LauraBodewig on
  • I think I'll just stop with the PVP now. Never really liked it anyway, and now this.
  • Akaryn
    58 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Does noone wonder how the sith trooper, who has always relied on his insane defense, fit into the picture? ô.o
  • CG_SBCrumb
    @CG_SBCrumb Thanks for the artworks! Was about to ask for to use it as a new wallpaper :)
    The art team nails it again. Those folks never cease to impress me!

I'm glad to hear you enjoy them, I've been pushing for a while to get these included with Kit Reveals. I hope we can keep doing it going forward.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Can't open the game right now. Any toons that get benefits from a lot of debuffs on the field? Maurader for sure. Who else? Maurader might be a good counter toon, if he gets a chance to move. Anyone else?
  • Might be alone but the unbeatable kits just aren’t fun. It’s pushing me away.