Kit Reveal: Darth Revan

Replies

• Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Globuhl wrote: »
    Mzee wrote: »
    Looks Interesting. Hope this will bring back some variety into arena. Currently 49/50 of my shard is Revan.
    Well the new ones will be Revans too...

Regarding the kit itself. Well that is bad. Seriously. Has CG ever heard of balance? Sure it’s OK the new team gets an advantage but the way DR shuts down so many major teams is a strong hint that balance took a backsit here.

I'm waiting to see, but they like imbalance as it causes people to spend more to ensure they get the new toons as they don't want to feel left behind. Nature of the beast with a freemium game.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Can't open the game right now. Any toons that get benefits from a lot of debuffs on the field? Maurader for sure. Who else? Maurader might be a good counter toon, if he gets a chance to move. Anyone else?

Vader and Boba?
    That brings me to another question: How does Ferocity interact with those two? Do the dispelling attacks go against already-cleansed character, or one with Ferocity and essentially no defense?

Yeah Boba and IG88 may benefit. Both Super Squishy though. Maurader may be best.

We will see.

Boba has the benefit of double life, and he could one-shot characters with enough stacks of Ferocity, regaining the resolve. And the BHs have been one step from meta for a while...
  • Draice
    32 posts Member
    I hope we aren't just trading 90% JKR for 90% Darth Revan.
  • Who counts at the "leader" for Deathmark purposes in raids?
  • Who counts at the "leader" for Deathmark purposes in raids?

probably nobody... great way for them to hand out deathmark without needing to worry about its abuse in raids... because sith raids matter
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Tassouz wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb Does corrupted battle meditation prevent drevan from inflicting fear? If thats the case, if both teams have super speedy fallen bastilas, does this mean that neither team can inflict any debuff and they're just hitting each other till someone (or said bastila) is dead?

Makes her foresight zeta pretty powerful now.

It doesnt really matter since her corrupted battles meditation comes from her unique and not an ability. You wont be able to inflict a debuff from an ability, but i think you can through a unique. For example, nihilous should still be able to apply the damage over time through his unique, and the health down.
  • XiXiS
    48 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb

I suggest to add one small but important improvement during kit reveals: mark zeta parts somehow a bit different (color perhaps). It would be great!

Also I love this kit.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Draice wrote: »

We won't be if the forums are any indication of general preparedness. Still, the forums aren't indicative of the whole population of gamers.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Draice wrote: »

That is pretty much going to be the case :D
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Bora wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb

Unique 2: Villain

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) When Darth Revan uses an ability during their turn, if the selected target is already inflicted with Deathmark, Fear, or Corrupted Battle Meditation, Darth Revan immediately uses Lacerate.

Whose turn?
    Darth Revan's turn

Crumb, am I correct that the use of "their" here is meant as a non-gender-specific pronoun, allowing the gender of Darth Revan to be either male or female (as in KOTOR)?
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    DR doesn't have synergy with CUP. Sorry, have to pass
  • NinjaOfSEA wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Bora wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb

Unique 2: Villain

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) When Darth Revan uses an ability during their turn, if the selected target is already inflicted with Deathmark, Fear, or Corrupted Battle Meditation, Darth Revan immediately uses Lacerate.

Whose turn?
    Darth Revan's turn

Crumb, am I correct that the use of "their" here is meant as a non-gender-specific pronoun, allowing the gender of Darth Revan to be either male or female (as in KOTOR)?

Don't be THAT person.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Cool. Wish he aided Sion and Nihilus, but I have all my Sith Empire grunts at G12 already.
  • “Wow Revan sure did break this game!”
    Darth Revan: “Hold my beer...”
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    Draice wrote: »

We won't be if the forums are any indication of general preparedness. Still, the forums aren't indicative of the whole population of gamers.

So... basically the exact same way it went with Revan? First, whales rule the arena. After the next event 90% of arena is DR.
  • Thank you for breaking the game. So overpowered it aint funny an so how u gonna counter tht with the next char tht comes out. The kits only get more crazy every time. Eventually u will need to cross over DC universe so u can bring in superman cause thts wht its gonna take to take down these chars as they get more over the top each time.
  • ShavedGorilla
    10 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    @CG_SBCrumb

Why do the Sith Triumvirate characters not have the Sith Empire tag? Going by the KOTOR games, Sion and Nihilus both led factions of the sith empire, and Traya had a part before the other two betrayed her, just curious about the reasoning. (If it's just because they would be too powerful, I get it)
  • Now this might just be that I've been frustrated with the new leaders since Bastila, but my analysis of the kit is just telling me it's a repeat of JKR, but re-skinned and given new ways to beat down on F2P leaders. I might be wrong but that's just what I think.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Now this might just be that I've been frustrated with the new leaders since Bastila, but my analysis of the kit is just telling me it's a repeat of JKR, but re-skinned and given new ways to beat down on F2P leaders. I might be wrong but that's just what I think.

I think it would be interesting if you defined “F2P leaders” for us.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Can't open the game right now. Any toons that get benefits from a lot of debuffs on the field? Maurader for sure. Who else? Maurader might be a good counter toon, if he gets a chance to move. Anyone else?

Vader and Boba?
    That brings me to another question: How does Ferocity interact with those two? Do the dispelling attacks go against already-cleansed character, or one with Ferocity and essentially no defense?

Yeah Boba and IG88 may benefit. Both Super Squishy though. Maurader may be best.

We will see.

Boba has the benefit of double life, and he could one-shot characters with enough stacks of Ferocity, regaining the resolve. And the BHs have been one step from meta for a while...

And under a Bossk lead all of those stacks of ferocity are just going to heal all the BH...
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    My wallet hurts right now
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Globuhl wrote: »
    Mzee wrote: »
    Looks Interesting. Hope this will bring back some variety into arena. Currently 49/50 of my shard is Revan.
    Well the new ones will be Revans too...

Regarding the kit itself. Well that is bad. Seriously. Has CG ever heard of balance? Sure it’s OK the new team gets an advantage but the way DR shuts down so many major teams is a strong hint that balance took a backsit here.

That's SW semantics, well played sir :D
  • Does corrupted battle meditation prevent sith empire characters from giving themselves 5 stacks of Ferocity at the start of their turn? Since it's a debuff and they're the one inflicting it?
  • This looks awesome! Great design, thank you.

I miss that his leader ability has no synergy with Sith (only Sith Empire), but he may be an interesting pick on a sith team himself.
    Lots of testing to do hehe.
  • Does corrupted battle meditation prevent sith empire characters from giving themselves 5 stacks of Ferocity at the start of their turn? Since it's a debuff and they're the one inflicting it?

Corrupted does say by abilities so ill guess they will still get them

It shouldn't for a couple reasons, since the unique reads "...and enemies inflicted with Corrupted Battle Meditation can't inflict debuffs on enemies when they use an ability."
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Seems like CG found a way to get people who are prepared to spend in a way other than panic farming - they're going to make us gear all the formerly useless (ok, trooper was used in some Trio comps) Sith Empire characters. Seems like a very transparent, monetary, reason to separate Sith from Sith Empire.
  • Oh cool, he makes his entire team immune to stun and ability block. And Bastila makes them
    Immune to everything else.

Cool.

Very cool...