Imagine if Darth Revan is unable to beat Jedi Knigh Revan

Replies

• Nauros wrote: »
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    I get excited when I hear no one can be revived.

Not that big of a deal...just kill someone first to trigger Savior, make sure Jolee doesn't get retribution for constant heals and kill him before Revan heals him with his AoE.
    Here, fixed it for you.

Nah...with Deathmark...he will die asap.

Beside...you don't have to worry about it anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIZKDi32_h0
  • Darth Revan is going to destroy JKR..
    Sith Empire Meta for sure!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Darth Revan is going to destroy JKR..

Yep. Now the top 100 will be Revan...just Darth instead of JK. How amazingly creative. :/
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Darth Revan is going to destroy JKR..

Doubt it. JKR will **** all over the sith EMPIRE.

You run DR/HK/Bastilla/2 genetic dith and it's a a grade GA team at best
  • The Revan issue is compounded by the fact he is so easy to obtain. I favoured Chewie & 3PO who are much more difficult to obtain. I have the legendary Rebel Squad and I can’t break top 150 in my Arena mode.

Revan squads are so OP in raids too, I have guild mates who outscore me with only a Revan squad and I have +1m more GP in a balanced roster.

Surely the difficulty of the journey / farm should dictate a toons power. I have 5 legendary toons that required 5 separate other squads to obtain, that is a lot of work to get pum ped by a kid who has had the game a fraction of the time and only has a Revan squad.
  • It's all imagination now. Darth Revan's kit is amazing against Jedi.... Jedi Revan is no more. Happy now?
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Well it seems DR beats JKR by design. Everything that makes JKR’s kit great is just shot down. That is quite amazing actually how CG made it so your usual JKR team is made irrelevant in a matchup against DR... Other major teams are in serious trouble too but none as much as JKR’s.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

Oef, that's quite a bold statement.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

yeah that's crazy talk.... They are OP now and not even a kit yet for the boss
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

yeah that's crazy talk.... They are OP now and not even a kit yet for the boss

Kit is up and it's revolting
  • When did revolting become a synonym for awesome?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    When did revolting become a synonym for awesome?

It's revolting because a lot of GA and TW are now over before you even play..... We have that now with revan and falcon in minor aspects but it's about to go through the roof...

Arena is arena whales are gods....

But having GA and TW that are OVER before being played straight out sucks it is my opinion that having an entire game mode that is decided before EVEN PLAYING is bad..... obviously CG disagrees and loves it...

to me it's mindboggling.... it's a game except it's a game of monopoly and you start with 100 dollars and the opponent starts with 10,000,000 dollars and get's every property before the game starts and your first roll you land on income tax.....

just makes no sense to have a game mode that's decided without even playing.... bad

It's revolting because a lot of GA and TW are now over before you even play..... We have that now with revan and falcon in minor aspects but it's about to go through the roof...

But having GA and TW that are OVER before being played straight out sucks it is my opinion that having an entire game mode that is decided before EVEN PLAYING is bad..... obviously CG disagrees and loves it...

to me it's mindboggling.... it's a game except it's a game of monopoly and you start with 100 dollars and the opponent starts with 10,000,000 dollars and get's every property before the game starts and your first roll you land on income tax.....

just makes no sense to have a game mode that's decided without even playing.... bad

Hmm...you started even when you started the game...thereafter the game becomes unequal depending on how well you play and how much money you spent. Not sure how is hard to understand.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Dk_rek wrote: »

Hmm...you started even when you started the game...thereafter the game becomes unequal depending on how well you play and how much money you spent. Not sure how is hard to understand.

Not really I can play better than you...spend more money than you...still suck cause I did not follow the carrot....

better to just say "earlier in the game making better decisions and later in the game just doing what CG tells you to do" I can get along with that.

and I actually DO NOT have a problem with anything you said..... but it's still a game but it's not a game if the match has a predetermined outcome and since matchmaking will never dial in on that it's broke...(just my opinion) no one wants mirror matches same teams/mods/ setups etc. What I would ask for is a 1 in 100 chance of winning sometimes that does not involve person who can't lose not setting a defense lol.... not sure how that is hard to understand.

I can live with coming in 8th place 50 GA's in a row as long as math wise there was a chance to win but lose cause I stink...not asking too much right ???

OR

just keep everything the way it is.....give me some fun PVE content to keep me happy while getting destroyed and then everyone is happy.

Not really I can play better than you...spend more money than you...still suck cause I did not follow the carrot....

better to just say "earlier in the game making better decisions and later in the game just doing what CG tells you to do" I can get along with that.

and I actually DO NOT have a problem with anything you said..... but it's still a game but it's not a game if the match has a predetermined outcome and since matchmaking will never dial in on that it's broke...(just my opinion) no one wants mirror matches same teams/mods/ setups etc. What I would ask for is a 1 in 100 chance of winning sometimes that does not involve person who can't lose not setting a defense lol.... not sure how that is hard to understand.

I can live with coming in 8th place 50 GA's in a row as long as math wise there was a chance to win but lose cause I stink...not asking too much right ???

OR

just keep everything the way it is.....give me some fun PVE content to keep me happy while getting destroyed and then everyone is happy.

Hmmm...not following the meta is part of "how you play the game"...you can't arguably say that you play better than me if you rather play pokemon than follow the meta.

The game doesn't have a predetermined outcome...you are asking why if you decide to line up spearman against tanks as to why spearman can't win sometimes...because that's not how the game works. Honestly, it's not how any game works.

You can be happy by collecting whatever you want but you can't then come back complain about how "you have no chance" against those who are chasing the meta.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

OR

Hmmm...not following the meta is part of "how you play the game"...you can't arguably say that you play better than me if you rather play pokemon than follow the meta.

talking technical like not modding GMY with defense mods with defense secondaries, or running poe lead with resistance etc... gameplay stuff...

talking following the carrot yeah again YOUR CORRECT :) gameplay technique still meant "something" before the last few metas....

Even Zangief could win in streetfighter even though he stunk because he could still drop the "Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff" pile driver of doom once in a while :)
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited March 2019

OR

The game doesn't have a predetermined outcome...you are asking why if you decide to line up spearman against tanks as to why spearman can't win sometimes...because that's not how the game works. Honestly, it's not how any game works.

You can be happy by collecting whatever you want but you can't then come back complain about how "you have no chance" against those who are chasing the meta.

lol edit filter kicking in after one edit now....epic

when it hits :)

What am I missing? The whole Sith Empire faction looks specifically tailored to brutalizing Jedi. Shouldn't there be several non-Jedi teams that can crush them, assuming high gear and good mods? Use your Thrawn team on them in GA, that should neutralize Fallen Bastila long enough to pare the rest down enough to make it manageable.
  • CazNeerg wrote: »

What am I missing? The whole Sith Empire faction looks specifically tailored to brutalizing Jedi. Shouldn't there be several non-Jedi teams that can crush them, assuming high gear and good mods? Use your Thrawn team on them in GA, that should neutralize Fallen Bastila long enough to pare the rest down enough to make it manageable.

No...because what's the point of getting them if they can just be beaten by other teams. Meta is there for a reason.
  • for balance you need more then one team able to beta them. thats not how balance works.

There is balance now and everyone is complaining...because everyone can beat everyone and thus there is no meta...you can make it to no. 1 and fall to 60 overnight.
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    Revan is not that hard for CG to counter. Deathmark stops the revives. Without those, kill GMY and the team is finished. There’s no doubt that Darth Revan will shut down JKR, but the question is whether it will be weak on defence like the **** is in fleet.

Death mark doesnt prevent revives though. It reduces their health my 50% when hit. You may be thinking of Death Troopers ability.

CG_SBCrumb mentioned in a thread the other day that deathmark now also prevents revives.
    Revan is not that hard for CG to counter. Deathmark stops the revives. Without those, kill GMY and the team is finished. There’s no doubt that Darth Revan will shut down JKR, but the question is whether it will be weak on defence like the **** is in fleet.

Death mark doesnt prevent revives though. It reduces their health my 50% when hit. You may be thinking of Death Troopers ability.

CG_SBCrumb mentioned in a thread the other day that deathmark now also prevents revives.

I don't believe so...the only change is that DM will work as a de facto taunt now so you can pick between mark, taunt, and DM.

No he didn't. He mentioned there was a change in how it interacts with taunt. Nothing more.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/198513/changes-to-deathmark-and-taunt#latest

The DSR team will whack Jedi Revan regardless.

No he didn't. He mentioned there was a change in how it interacts with taunt. Nothing more.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/198513/changes-to-deathmark-and-taunt#latest
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Deathmark's in game buff description has been updated to include that it does prevent revives when active. Long press on a character that has Deathmark in battle and it will mention that it prevents revives.
    Read better
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    Palanthian wrote: »

CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Deathmark's in game buff description has been updated to include that it does prevent revives when active. Long press on a character that has Deathmark in battle and it will mention that it prevents revives.
    Read better

You beat me to finding the quote.