Kit Reveal: Darth Revan

Replies

• So, big question is, will we see more JTR or EP counter teams? I’m guessing EP with all those debuffs expiring every 2 turns.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    I love this kit. Unlike JKR, this kit represents Darth Revan. Very solid kit without getting too overpowered. It’s a strong kit but not dominating. Insanity is strong but it’s like EP’s AOE stun except Darth Revan cannot ignore taunts (Good!)

Death mark is not super OP since it’s only a leader ability and only affects enemy leader

Darth Revan can be used in other teams in the future and has potential outside being a leader

The biggest weakness is that you can stun them or TM boost your own team. The first unique prevents stun and the second unique makes sure Revan doesn’t die until he’s the last toon. So you cannot just take out Revan and then stun the rest of the team

It is weak against self-TM manipulation. Any team that boosts its own TM is effective unless they are shocked. zFinn is viable until it gets nerfed. I feel like there are ways to beat this team with enough theorycrafting. But like all meta, this team will find a way to counter the counters using the two extra slot that aren’t BSF and HK

Question: what if Darth Revan is given a killing blow at 51% or more health while he has allies? Does he die or is his health equalized?
  • Therion wrote: »
    Does corrupted battle meditation prevent sith empire characters from giving themselves 5 stacks of Ferocity at the start of their turn? Since it's a debuff and they're the one inflicting it?

It shouldn't for a couple reasons, since the unique reads "...and enemies inflicted with Corrupted Battle Meditation can't inflict debuffs on enemies when they use an ability."

Haha, that would do it! I should've re-read corrupted battle meditation first before posting, thanks!
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Love all the animations for Darth Revan's attacks.
  • Final nail in the 'theory crafting, game is just a simulation' coffin. All this irressitable and immunity kills the game.
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    Now the question is does his event start this Friday or next Friday?
  • Roahn wrote: »
    Now the question is does his event start this Friday or next Friday?

Try Tomorrow
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to all enemies and Shock them for 2 turns. All Sith Empire allies gain 5 stacks of Ferocity for 2 turns. This attack can't be evaded.
    Ferocity: -15% Defense and Tenacity per stack, +8% Offense and Potency per stack; can't be copied

Shock all enemies!! Good for Palpatine

c1xwd5349u1m.png

• Roahn
    231 posts Member
    Ahhhhhhhhh panic farm, panic farm, panic farm.
  • Now this might just be that I've been frustrated with the new leaders since Bastila, but my analysis of the kit is just telling me it's a repeat of JKR, but re-skinned and given new ways to beat down on F2P leaders. I might be wrong but that's just what I think.

Awe the poor f2p guys are at a disadvantage, suck it up the ppl that p2p is y there is a game, do you think they shouldn’t have some sort of advantages for spending money on the game so that u get to play it?
  • Alijar1 wrote: »
    This... actually seems somewhat balanced. Somehow. It seems to be a direct counter to the Jedi Revan teams... and that alone.

Did you miss Insanity?

FINAL TEXT: ... If the target is the leader, or if the leader is defeated, inflict Fear on all enemies for 1 turn. This Fear can't be copied, dispelled, or resisted and this attack can't be evaded.

Unavoidable, unresistable team stun, then let out one enemy, focus him down, and repeat (Revan can reduce his own cools downs).
  • Egbert1979 wrote: »
    Now this might just be that I've been frustrated with the new leaders since Bastila, but my analysis of the kit is just telling me it's a repeat of JKR, but re-skinned and given new ways to beat down on F2P leaders. I might be wrong but that's just what I think.

Awe the poor f2p guys are at a disadvantage, suck it up the ppl that p2p is y there is a game, do you think they shouldn’t have some sort of advantages for spending money on the game so that u get to play it?

Wow, just wow. You are a sad old man.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    Egbert1979 wrote: »
    Now this might just be that I've been frustrated with the new leaders since Bastila, but my analysis of the kit is just telling me it's a repeat of JKR, but re-skinned and given new ways to beat down on F2P leaders. I might be wrong but that's just what I think.

Not old at all just happen to work hard and can afford to play the game, without people spending money do you think there would be a game to play? And if those people didn’t get an advantage for spending money would they continue to spend it?
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb Thanks for the artworks! Was about to ask for to use it as a new wallpaper :)
    The art team nails it again. Those folks never cease to impress me!

I'm glad to hear you enjoy them, I've been pushing for a while to get these included with Kit Reveals. I hope we can keep doing it going forward.

O_O im speechless. The art is great!
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Riffinator wrote: »

Not old at all just happen to work hard and can afford to play the game, without people spending money do you think there would be a game to play? And if those people didn’t get an advantage for spending money would they continue to spend it?

As long as you are smart enough to realize that the advantage CG is selling you, they will simply sell to you again in 2-3 months, when they release the next counter to your current "advantage" .

And they are kind enough to do the same in fleet as well.

Some of us who used to be p2p have simply grown weary of the aggressive meta-manipulation by CG to "encourage" spending...again.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    There comes a time when a character is introduced that maybe, just maybe I break out the credit card. This character just might be that character. For those that are f2p don't to upset if your not prepared for this event. It will be back at some point and if you want Darth Revan. Then get to farming for the characters required. Also keep in mind that if all you ever do is play the game for free. Then how do you expect the game to keep going or for any new content to be added to the game.
  • Roahn wrote: »
    There comes a time when a character is introduced that maybe, just maybe I break out the credit card. This character just might be that character. For those that are f2p don't to upset if your not prepared for this event. It will be back at some point and if you want Darth Revan. Then get to farming for the characters required. Also keep in mind that if all you ever do is play the game for free. Then how do you expect the game to keep going or for any new content to be added to the game.

AMEN 🙏🏻
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Corpus wrote: »
    Alijar1 wrote: »
    This... actually seems somewhat balanced. Somehow. It seems to be a direct counter to the Jedi Revan teams... and that alone.

Did you miss Insanity?

FINAL TEXT: ... If the target is the leader, or if the leader is defeated, inflict Fear on all enemies for 1 turn. This Fear can't be copied, dispelled, or resisted and this attack can't be evaded.

Unavoidable, unresistable team stun, then let out one enemy, focus him down, and repeat (Revan can reduce his own cools downs).
    I missed this part. I don't think Fear should be unresistable. Stun is fine as long as you can cleanse it imo
  • Regarding "Villain" what does it mean "when Darth Revan uses an ability during THEIR turn" ???
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »
    Regarding "Villain" what does it mean "when Darth Revan uses an ability during THEIR turn" ???

It is referring to Darth Revan. Was simply an attempt to avoid using a gender pronoun, it seems.
  • CG: So here’s the kit for Darth Revan.

Jedi Knight Revan: <audible gulp>
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I love this kit. Unlike JKR, this kit represents Darth Revan. Very solid kit without getting too overpowered. It’s a strong kit but not dominating. Insanity is strong but it’s like EP’s AOE stun except Darth Revan cannot ignore taunts (Good!)

Death mark is not super OP since it’s only a leader ability and only affects enemy leader

Darth Revan can be used in other teams in the future and has potential outside being a leader

The biggest weakness is that you can stun them or TM boost your own team. The first unique prevents stun and the second unique makes sure Revan doesn’t die until he’s the last toon. So you cannot just take out Revan and then stun the rest of the team

It is weak against self-TM manipulation. Any team that boosts its own TM is effective unless they are shocked. zFinn is viable until it gets nerfed. I feel like there are ways to beat this team with enough theorycrafting. But like all meta, this team will find a way to counter the counters using the two extra slot that aren’t BSF and HK

Question: what if Darth Revan is given a killing blow at 51% or more health while he has allies? Does he die or is his health equalized?

Solid assessment. I assume he will auto equalize, similar to how savior works
  • FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Sith Empire allies are immune to Turn Meter reduction while they are debuffed, and gain 10% Critical Chance and 15 Speed for each of their own debuff. At the start of each Sith Empire ally's turn, they gain 5 stacks of Ferocity for 2 turns.

So is this implying that Ferocity is a debuff?
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »
    FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Sith Empire allies are immune to Turn Meter reduction while they are debuffed, and gain 10% Critical Chance and 15 Speed for each of their own debuff. At the start of each Sith Empire ally's turn, they gain 5 stacks of Ferocity for 2 turns.

It's been said a couple of times in the thread, but yes Ferocity is a debuff.

~Morningfrost
  • Kelarn
    161 posts Member
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Sith Empire allies are immune to Turn Meter reduction while they are debuffed, and gain 10% Critical Chance and 15 Speed for each of their own debuff. At the start of each Sith Empire ally's turn, they gain 5 stacks of Ferocity for 2 turns.

Yes.
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    Regarding "Villain" what does it mean "when Darth Revan uses an ability during THEIR turn" ???

It means you need to stop gendering DR. :p
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    Anyway. Darth Meta has quite the kit. Hope I can finish my 7* farming in time!
  • Who's gonna fork over the $$$ this time?
    I'm not. :(
    GRANDMASTER
    NeXuSe7msb2g6cet7.jpg
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Bora wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb

Unique 2: Villain

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) When Darth Revan uses an ability during their turn, if the selected target is already inflicted with Deathmark, Fear, or Corrupted Battle Meditation, Darth Revan immediately uses Lacerate.

Whose turn?
    Darth Revan's turn

Then why does it say "Their" turn???