Version Update 3/13 - Quality of Life - [MEGA]

Replies

• add me to the list of people who hate having the sim default set to max. I don't care if it's an *option* for people who want to sim all their energy at once, but it shouldn't be the *default*.

Let the default be 1 (or customisable) and add a "sim all" button for those who want it that way.

but please please don't leave this as it currently is. it's awful.
  • mvs84
    33 posts Member
    I tried to give the simulator slider a try during the weekend. Many times I want to save the energy until the restart and when I receive the notification that I have reached the maximum, I only want to spend the energy in a node. My brain, used to doing the same for 3 years, enters a node and ... goodbye all the energy.

Humans are animals of habit.

I do not know how many of us who are here just want new characters or how many we want more things in the game.

There is a part of the forum to make requests for new content.
    If we want to be heard, we should organize the requests. I have created a new discussion so that everyone can put an idea. If that idea reaches 200 likes, the post will be edited and the idea will be added.

If the discussion reaches many likes, they will have to take the ideas from there for new content.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/198443/new-content-community-requests
  • I don't see a lot of these "QoL" changes as true QoL improvements. You know what would be?...a sim button on Rebel Roundup. What the difference btwn me starting it and putting my phone down for 5 minutes with the event on auto and just simming it? Oh, my time....this would qualify as a true QoL update...not some garbage sim slider auto-reset to the max number available or some horrible sim raid rewards so we can reward people who normally don't participate in HPit.

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    This is awesome:2r46uib5a0nh.png
  • Yeah, this is really helpful.
  • QoL is horrible update, it should be optional. it destroyed the game. it's the inverse of Quality of Life. the max sim bug is purely hideous.
  • Do developer/management actually care, don't think so, so many people hate the sim set at maximum and don't insult us by saying you did a consultation with us! When can we expect a fix? Asap.
  • tj5270
    177 posts Member
    Is there gonna be any update to those who’s arena ranking is messed up. Seems to be anyone with an iPhone XS Max. I know it’s reported, but this seems easy to see and I’d think easy to revert. @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Read the first five pages but didn’t see this mentioned anywhere.

Could we FINALLY get a way to spend hundreds of thousands of ally points at once on bronzium data cards?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    I don't see a lot of these "QoL" changes as true QoL improvements. You know what would be?...a sim button on Rebel Roundup. What the difference btwn me starting it and putting my phone down for 5 minutes with the event on auto and just simming it? Oh, my time....this would qualify as a true QoL update...not some garbage sim slider auto-reset to the max number available or some horrible sim raid rewards so we can reward people who normally don't participate in HPit.

this
  • I hate the "sim" set to maximum. After several months of getting use to the default being set to 1, now the default is set to max? I have run out of shards several times because of this...is this a way to make the players buy more shards? Why fix something that wasn't broke to start with....
  • Several times a day for OVER TWO YEARS I have been trained to have SIM start at ONE and it has been reinforced regularly & often. I even hear myself thinking “I’ll take one of those thank you” and instead of two Mk1 BAW armour I find I have ten because I’ve used all the energy accumulated while I slept.
    This is not a good product change
    “You’ll adapt”
    Plenty of folks are saying they hate it. Their unlearning process is unnecessarily painful. As well as youngsters playing this, there are old dudes like me (over 60 years old) and my unlearning & re-education will be long and (unnecessarily) hard; after having been trained on sim one for so long, I may never adapt,
    When a body starts seeing 1/10 return on shards, maximum simming doesn’t look good, despite all the claims of statistical randomness. Players are declaring serious doubts.
    Your customers are saying dump it or let us toggle on/off. Let’s see the evidence of “we listen to our customers”
  • Question on updates: are any updates to the Cantina Battles Store - the items sold there are tapped for a lot of us. Personally I’m sittig on 65k of unused cantina creds
  • SCCH
    62 posts Member
    Great QoL changes, thanks to all the devs.

I will sum my voices to all those that would prefer to have instant rewards instead of a 24h join period. If you want slackers to miss the rewards then just enforce the prize to disappear after 24h in your inbox, which it's essentially the same for slackers but best for those who play, saving a bit of time and effort (having to remind everyone to join the rancor and having to remember to join yourself).

Nevertheless apart from this, raid simming is great. It would be really nice to ism the haat too. Simming the rancor saves 5-10 autoplay minutes + having to be online when it gets live. Simming aat would again save the need to be online but also 30-40' auto or semiauto play time, and moreover you need to be active to change phase. hAAT is essentially rancorized and it will be very good and time saving to sim it.

I would also benefit a lot from preloaded ship setups, just the same way it is done for characters.
  • Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I love the sim at max default. I always sim max. However, it would be better if it simply remembered your sim batches, the same way it remembers which node you're farming. That way the folks who always sim 1 or 3 keep theirs, while those of us who always do 8 get ours. That said, CG probably is able to collect data on sim batch size. Since they changed it, it's likely the max sim folks outnumber the low sim folks.

My big issue with the update is crashes. Since the update, I've been crashing up to 10 times per day, with the average around 3 or so. Lots of my guildies are also having this problem, it's not just me.
  • Keydash1 wrote: »
    I love the sim at max default. I always sim max. However, it would be better if it simply remembered your sim batches, the same way it remembers which node you're farming. That way the folks who always sim 1 or 3 keep theirs, while those of us who always do 8 get ours. That said, CG probably is able to collect data on sim batch size. Since they changed it, it's likely the max sim folks outnumber the low sim folks.

My big issue with the update is crashes. Since the update, I've been crashing up to 10 times per day, with the average around 3 or so. Lots of my guildies are also having this problem, it's not just me.

My problem with the data on sim max is that all of us do max at some point. If I have 8 sims available and put 3 toward one, 3 toward another and then my last 2, data would suggest that I max sim 33% of the time. I wonder how they account for that. I get why some people like it that way, but was it really a problem? Other than gaining back 1.5 seconds of your day by not having to use the slider, I don't think it was worth upsetting so many people. Your solution, or something like it, would have been much more QOL friendly.

Meanwhile, I have almost 300k Ally points because it takes so long to buy a data card. I have to wait 10 minutes in between forfeiting my 2 daily squad arena battles to complete my daily activities. And I have to sit through the 5+ minutes to auto battle the rebel roundup.

• RebelLion wrote: »

Other than gaining back 1.5 seconds of your day by not having to use the slider, I don't think it was worth upsetting so many people. Your solution, or something like it, would have been much more QOL friendly.

Meanwhile, I have almost 300k Ally points because it takes so long to buy a data card. I have to wait 10 minutes in between forfeiting my 2 daily squad arena battles to complete my daily activities. And I have to sit through the 5+ minutes to auto battle the rebel roundup.

It's true that I only gain a few seconds, but the 1 sim folks only lose a few seconds. Although it's true that if I accidentally sim 1 battle, that doesn't inconvenience me like someone doing more than intended.

I agree they should add sim to the assault battles, at least on the lower tiers. Those take ages. Doing your arena for dailies should be easy though, since most people log in at least twice per day. Do 1 battle each time. And they did put ally points in the weekly shipments - not as good as mass bronzium opening, but still something.
  • What’s more punishing? Simming once or simming the max number of tries? Accidentally simming once is not a big deal, simming max number of times is costly and a waste of time. Certainly not a QOL moment. Personally I believe it affects the strategic players more, playing the sims for max battles seems less composed. As others have mentioned, simming for one or two green items rarely takes all of your energy blown away on max sims. Seems a checbox in the settings for min/max would be a welcome change, it wouldn’t be as massive an overhaul to remember as what setting was used previously on what panel.
  • I will join in voicing my overall appreciation for most of the new QoL. Squad management button is AWSOME, raid simming is great (we have done 2 so far. One good rewards one not so good, so about like normal.), hope they add it to HAAT soon. I don't care for the buff display changes but love that is is optional (see below for another change that should be optional).

I do not like the Max SIM slider at all. Simply unnecessary change for change sake.

Simple fix is to just make it an option in settings. An opportunity to make EVERYONE happy. Not something you can do often.

__set SIM slider default to Minimum.
    __Set SIM slider default to Maximum.
  • really really hating this horrible sim slider bug set to max. this stupidity is ruining the game.
  • Madlax
    119 posts Member
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    really really hating this horrible sim slider bug set to max. this stupidity is ruining the game.

Screw the sim slider.. I'm hating the horrible Rancor rewards.. done 2 sims and set it back to normal kill...
  • NeKryXe wrote: »
    really really hating this horrible sim slider bug set to max. this stupidity is ruining the game.

I understand lots of folks don't like it. But what makes you think it's a bug? I think we can safely assume it was an intended change.

While I do understand the hate on the sim slider since the change is not optional, I don't understand the hate on raid simming. Raid simming is optional. If you don't like it, don't use it, quit whining. It's better if you have an active guild, and worse if you have a lot of inactives. It's not for everyone.
  • Keydash1 wrote: »
    NeKryXe wrote: »

I understand lots of folks don't like it. But what makes you think it's a bug? I think we can safely assume it was an intended change.

While I do understand the hate on the sim slider since the change is not optional, I don't understand the hate on raid simming. Raid simming is optional. If you don't like it, don't use it, quit whining. It's better if you have an active guild, and worse if you have a lot of inactives. It's not for everyone.

most people i know on my guild is playing much less because of this. a few already quit the game. if this is not a bug, then it's even worst, it's ultra incompetent. i already lost a lot of energy by mistake because of this bug, never knew anyone that lost all the energy by mistake before this hideous update.
  • just lost again all the energy on a mistake after hours and hours and hours joining it.

the problem of the pathetic slider bug is that it starts filled (which is already completely ****) and then I move it to 1. I use it ok on one a few times and then the stupid slider goes back to max.

it's really hard to believe that this irracional slider behavior is not a bug.

I've been playing this game for a long time and I only got this problems losing energy after this horrible update.
  • at least we should be allowed to use the previous version. those who enjoy this bugged slider could be using this new game and the others who prefer the old version should be able to keep it. this wasn't hard to solve. everybody could be happy with the game.
  • What’s more punishing? Simming once or simming the max number of tries? Accidentally simming once is not a big deal, simming max number of times is costly and a waste of time. Certainly not a QOL moment. Personally I believe it affects the strategic players more, playing the sims for max battles seems less composed. As others have mentioned, simming for one or two green items rarely takes all of your energy blown away on max sims. Seems a checbox in the settings for min/max would be a welcome change, it wouldn’t be as massive an overhaul to remember as what setting was used previously on what panel.

That's the perfect way of boiling down why the default sim change is such a big deal. Sometimes I want to max out on a node to farm character shards, sometimes I want to sim one time to get one gear piece or to make sure that my energy doesn't max out.
    When I first signed up to post about this it was because I accidentally spent all of my cantina currency in the morning when I was trying to save it for after guild activity reset; sure enough, my guild ended up about 100 short of the next reward level for cantina energy spending. I was so frustrated and discouraged that I was pretty disengaged from the game for a few days--which is not a good thing for a guild leader. I don't know. I'm obviously still here, but it's so irritating reminding myself about that sim slider every time. I would rather have to slide the bar to max 20/21 times per week than to screw myself out of more energy than intended the one time I don't want to max.

The cost of accidentally spending all of my currency is far worse to me than the cost of a few extra seconds to sim multiple times or to move the sim slider to max when I want it there.

(I forgot to mention that I love the capacity indicators on Territory War. THAT was a great QOL improvement.)
  • OGsaiyanG0d_
    5 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I absolutely hate this max sim after QOL update and Idk if it's just me but my character shard drops are almost non existent now. I don't want to argue about drop rates/Rng and all that but I do know for a fact that I'm not getting anywhere close to the drops I was getting before the update. CG please fix the slider issue!!!
  • ZombiOne67 wrote: »
    Good evening, as a guild officer, I find it difficult to understand how many attacks are made by individual players in Terrirory Wars, it would be good if the relative statistics, in addition to the banners earned, also report the number of attacks.
    For example

playerxxx 20/1
    playerxyy 39/2
    playeryyy 0/1

Above all to understand who attacked but failed and who is still there waiting and can still contribute

I think it could be another step forward in simplifying guild management, and I think it would be a small but much appreciated change.

And maybe a log in each territory showing who attacked and failed or won and how many pts earned. The current log is not deep enough and only 'remembers' the last 15 or so wins.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?