Please make Darth Revan extremely hard to get

Replies

• Calbear949 wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    I don't know about EXTREMELY hard but it should be harder than JKR event.

What I would want to have happen would be this (and you'll NEVER see me ask for this):

Release Darth Malak a week after Darth Revan event ends as a Marquee Plus, like Jango was. And then having Darth Malak part of the squad makes the Darth Revan squad THE meta team that is more or less really hard to beat for any other team in Arena, even Darth Revan teams without Malak.

That way the FTP players who planned accordingly and hoarded enough crystals to get Darth Revan the first time around can still be part of event and compete somewhat in the new meta, but then the spenders can have that last boost to set them apart...which is obviously what they want. And rightfully so, they keep this game FTP.

That would be pretty brutal for non-whales because even if you saved, you are saving for DSR.

To get a marquee toon to 7 stars...you are going to need another 20K to 30K of crystals.

It is an interesting idea but a week after would be very very tough.

Well, yeah, it would be very very tough for FTP to get Malak. That's the point. Only the craziest of FTP/near-FTP would be ready to go ahead and get Malak. Which will make the whales happy. And all the FTP people that prepared won't at least miss out on Darth Revan.

I view it as a win win.

I see the point but I think CG makes a lot more money on the panic farm/gearing for each meta. If you forced people to panic farm 2x in a very short period of time...it will be a serious problem.

I saved and am prepared for DSR but if there is no way I can get enough crystals in 2 weeks to get 7 star Malak (under your proposal). If that's the case, I am not even bothering to get DSR because I know it will be obsolete in 2 weeks.

They will lose more money in the long run if they continue to upset the whales though. So this works out for everyone.

And in my scenario Malak doesn't make a non-Malak Darth Revan squad obsolete, but it does make a Malak Revan squad THE team.

For example, say they make Darth Malak a tank. He takes the place of Sith Trooper in a non-Malak squad but he's a lot better than Trooper, so the Darth Revan squad with Darth Malak is just better than the one that runs Sith Trooper.

We all get to use Darth Revan and the whales get their advantage.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • EAZY_E
    21 posts Member
    No matter how hard it is, won’t the whales just buy the gear anyway?? It shouldn’t be as easy as JKR I agree but it doesn’t matter how hard they make it bc it will only increase the paywall.. of course unless you just want a larger paywall to separate you
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »

What I would want to have happen would be this (and you'll NEVER see me ask for this):

Release Darth Malak a week after Darth Revan event ends as a Marquee Plus, like Jango was. And then having Darth Malak part of the squad makes the Darth Revan squad THE meta team that is more or less really hard to beat for any other team in Arena, even Darth Revan teams without Malak.

That way the FTP players who planned accordingly and hoarded enough crystals to get Darth Revan the first time around can still be part of event and compete somewhat in the new meta, but then the spenders can have that last boost to set them apart...which is obviously what they want. And rightfully so, they keep this game FTP.

That would be pretty brutal for non-whales because even if you saved, you are saving for DSR.

To get a marquee toon to 7 stars...you are going to need another 20K to 30K of crystals.

Well, yeah, it would be very very tough for FTP to get Malak. That's the point. Only the craziest of FTP/near-FTP would be ready to go ahead and get Malak. Which will make the whales happy. And all the FTP people that prepared won't at least miss out on Darth Revan.

I view it as a win win.

I see the point but I think CG makes a lot more money on the panic farm/gearing for each meta. If you forced people to panic farm 2x in a very short period of time...it will be a serious problem.

I saved and am prepared for DSR but if there is no way I can get enough crystals in 2 weeks to get 7 star Malak (under your proposal). If that's the case, I am not even bothering to get DSR because I know it will be obsolete in 2 weeks.

They will lose more money in the long run if they continue to upset the whales though. So this works out for everyone.

And in my scenario Malak doesn't make a non-Malak Darth Revan squad obsolete, but it does make a Malak Revan squad THE team.

For example, say they make Darth Malak a tank. He takes the place of Sith Trooper in a non-Malak squad but he's a lot better than Trooper, so the Darth Revan squad with Darth Malak is just better than the one that runs Sith Trooper.

I don't think they will lose the whale..in fact, if you go back to back on meta toons, it would increase the drop out rate.

Whales don't care about arena because they don't care about 'earning" crystals very much...they care about TW and GA and bragging rights.

The people who care about arena are the psudeo tuna/dolphins and guppies.

I view it as a win win.

I don't think they will lose the whale..in fact, if you go back to back on meta toons, it would increase the drop out rate.

Whales don't care about arena because they don't care about arena very much...they care about TW and GA and bragging rights.

Don't know about all that. But even so, let's say they don't care about arena. Having the advantage in TW and GA still plays in my scenario.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »

I view it as a win win.

Whales don't care about arena because they don't care about arena very much...they care about TW and GA and bragging rights.

Don't know about all that. But even so, let's say they don't care about arena. Having the advantage in TW and GA still plays in my scenario.

Whales play against whales in either GA or TW...so it won't matter.
  • Make it very hard. Not sure why we wait any longer. Release the Kraken! I mean it’s your fault if you didn’t farm as soon as the toons dropped to farm.

Even if it drops tomorrow let’s say for sake of argument you would have had a month and a half to farm. I mean if you aren’t focused that should be 100% YOUR FAULT.
  • Now I whale out from time to time but honestly guys not everyone is economically capable of doing so. The difficulty should be Jedi Revan hard and no more or less. Those ftp players that have farmed their **** off deserve to have as good a toon as someone who simply pays.
  • Dagonsith wrote: »
    Now I whale out from time to time but honestly guys not everyone is economically capable of doing so. The difficulty should be Jedi Revan hard and no more or less. Those ftp players that have farmed their **** off deserve to have as good a toon as someone who simply pays.

This!
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Dagonsith wrote: »
    Now I whale out from time to time but honestly guys not everyone is economically capable of doing so. The difficulty should be Jedi Revan hard and no more or less. Those ftp players that have farmed their **** off deserve to have as good a toon as someone who simply pays.

Well said

There has been a lot of time to farm...if you make it too easy to get...there is no meta
    There has been a lot of time to farm...if you make it too easy to get...there is no meta

Sure there is. It's just not exclusive to whales.
  • In these games there's always a meta. What some are advocating for is exclusivity of that meta based on the ability to pay. As someone who has payed and will most likely keep paying I still don't think that is in the spirit of what a game is. Perhaps I am in a minority on that.
  • CazNeerg wrote: »

No because if everyone gets one...there is no meta
    In these games there's always a meta. What some are advocating for is exclusivity of that meta based on the ability to pay. As someone who has payed and will most likely keep paying I still don't think that is in the spirit of what a game is. Perhaps I am in a minority on that.

I am getting it...not spending a dime.

"Everyone." To quote Inigo Montoya, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    CazNeerg wrote: »

You know that's not the case here, even if the difficulty is on par with JKR.

On my shard, on the FIRST Revan release, once they were geared enough, Revans had 40 out of the top 50 and Revans could be found at around 150 ranking or so.

I'm not expecting anything less this time. More people have learned to better prepare for the event. They should have their effort compensated.
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    That guy posts in every thread trying to justify the fact he spent $1000 getting his toon to 7* and g12. Ignore the troll.

Diffuclty should be the same as JKR , for the mass populiatiin getting the toons to 7* is difficult enough .
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    Also anyone think about the fact they added extra farm time for DR because JKRs event wasn’t enough time? /smh
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    MuCuS wrote: »
    That guy posts in every thread trying to justify the fact he spent $1000 getting his toon to 7* and g12. Ignore the troll.

Diffuclty should be the same as JKR , for the mass populiatiin getting the toons to 7* is difficult enough .

Lol...i spent no money on DKR. I saved crystals since December...i come in first in both arenas.

Edit: we had double the time to farm one fewer toons...the difficulty as to farming is not even close
  • mvmss wrote: »
    CazNeerg wrote: »

You know that's not the case here, even if the difficulty is on par with JKR.

On my shard, on the FIRST Revan release, once they were geared enough, Revans had 40 out of the top 50 and Revans could be found at around 150 ranking or so.

I'm not expecting anything less this time. More people have learned to better prepare for the event. They should have their effort compensated.

If you have 150 revans the first time around..there is no meta
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member

Lol...i spent no money on DKR. I saved crystals since December...i come in first in both arenas.

Ya whatever your the guy “I come in first I come in first” . exactly who I was taking about . Why on earth would you want to be in a little tiny exclusive club vs letting everyone else who worked pretty hard to obtain DR not be included because you want some crazy gear requirement . Just plain silly and actually pretty mean to rile everyone up like this just so you can “take first”.

The club was tiny enough for JKR and I suspect it won’t be much different with DR and a g8 requirement. /get over it

I’m on a shard where I can take first too when I’m not being lazy but who really cares. I’m sure you don’t have anyone lining up to sign autographs for.
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited March 2019

Ya whatever your the guy “I come in first I come in first” . exactly who I was taking about . Why on earth would you want to be in a little tiny exclusive club vs letting everyone else who worked pretty hard to obtain DR not be included because you want some crazy gear requirement . Just plain silly and actually pretty mean to rile everyone up like this just so you can “take first”.

The club was tiny enough for JKR and I suspect it won’t be much different with DR and a g8 requirement. /get over it

I’m on a shard where I can take first too when I’m not being lazy but who really cares. I’m sure you don’t have anyone lining up to sign autographs for.

Because you want to be rewarded for your efforts...if i spend the time and energy to finish first in my arenas and then focus enough to save for the next meta...why would i not get an advantage over someone who is not doing the same?

And if i work that hard to get a meta to find it not to be meta...why would i bother trying?

Again..we had twice as long to farm one fewer toon...how is the difficulty the same?
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    Like I said who cares
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Like I said who cares

I care...it is why i play this game

I mean do sports team play a whole game and be like...we tie because we both tried hard?
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Difficulty scales only to the size of your wallet, so making anything more difficult is pretty pointless. Challenges aren't really challenging if you are just T12'ing everything. Maybe you shouldn't have T12'd them and actually beat it with a real challenge.
  • Gair wrote: »
    Difficulty scales only to the size of your wallet, so making anything more difficult is pretty pointless. Challenges aren't really challenging if you are just T12'ing everything. Maybe you shouldn't have T12'd them and actually beat it with a real challenge.

We had twice as long to farm one fewer toon...if you dont up the difficuly...there will be twice as many DSR.

Again...i planned, saved, and farmed properly...should i not be rewarded. If someone pays money to keep this game afloat...shouldn't they be compensated in some way?
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    Well said gair. Ive done every event With Bare bone minimums just for the challenge . Much more fun that way
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Gair wrote: »

We had twice as long to farm one fewer toon...if you dont up the difficuly...there will be twice as many DSR.

Again...i planned, saved, and farmed properly...should i not be rewarded. If someone pays money to keep this game afloat...shouldn't they be compensated in some way?

Time is irrelevant when money reduces time. You could join this game today and end up further along than most by the end of a day.
  • MuCuS wrote: »
    Well said gair. Ive done every event With Bare bone minimums just for the challenge . Much more fun that way

It is funny that you think i didnt do the same...i got c3p0 and chewy after a ton of tries and gearing up my toons as i went until i succeeded...again no money spent.

Also..fun is in the eye of the beholder. You find the challenges fun...i like to reduce my arena battle times and helping my guild in tw and tb.
  • Gair wrote: »
    Gair wrote: »

Time is irrelevant when money reduces time. You could join this game today and end up further along than most by the end of a day.

Absolutely...i choose not to spend money so i spent time and energy instead. I am not sure why it makes a difference which one i choose.