Please make Darth Revan extremely hard to get

Replies

• MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    Calbear what I don’t like to do is exclude people who have worked so hard to just get characters to 7* which is a feat in itself In any time crunch. This wasn’t a lot of time and JKR was waaay too little time . Let everyone and as many people who worked so hard enjoy it before the meta changes in 3 months (again) with the release of a new superior toon. G8 is fine for a requirement and anything above that should incite a revolt here as it breaks the historic tradition of standards defined in this game for hero/journey events. The poor folks who just got JKR second go around had a mere few weeks to enjoy it. Hardly worth any effort to strive to obtain the second time to see it all crushed with the introduction of a new toon who renders JKR useless.
  • Calbear949 wrote: »
    Again..we had twice as long to farm one fewer toon...how is the difficulty the same?

Twice as long? We had one week longer. For characters with half as many nodes per character to farm, one of whom was on a fleet node. If (big if) a lot more people get Darth Revan on the first run than got JKR, it's not going to be because we got an extra week, it's going to be because they farmed smarter than they did for JKR. And why shouldn't adjusting your behavior to play smarter result in better rewards?
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    He’s dense I give up
  • MuCuS wrote: »
    CHardly worth any effort to strive to obtain the second time to see it all crushed with the introduction of a new toon who renders JKR useless.

Let's not exaggerate. JKR is far from useless. He can still beat everyone who isn't DR (and possible many DR teams) on offense. And the more developed your JKR squad is, the more likely the new rush of DR squads won't even bother to attack you, because there are other weaker JKR squads to target instead.
  • MuCuS wrote: »
    Calbear what I don’t like to do is exclude people who have worked so hard to just get characters to 7* which is a feat in itself In any time crunch. This wasn’t a lot of time and JKR was waaay too little time . Let everyone and as many people who worked so hard enjoy it before the meta changes in 3 months (again) with the release of a new superior toon. G8 is fine for a requirement and anything above that should incite a revolt here as it breaks the historic tradition of standards defined in this game for hero/journey events. The poor folks who just got JKR second go around had a mere few weeks to enjoy it. Hardly worth any effort to strive to obtain the second time to see it all crushed with the introduction of a new toon who renders JKR useless.

Isnt the point of a meta? To give an advantage for those who are willing to time and/or money to get it?

Again..we had twice as long to farm one fewer character...thus the difficulty is half it was for JKR. If you dont double the difficulty gear wise...there will be a lot more DSR and thus negating the meta

I am not interested to collecting every character...i am focused on arena and getting free crystals. If someone else is not similarly focus..why should they be rewarded similarly?
  • The things you are saying aren't even accurate. It wasn't twice as long, and you keep leaving out the fact that the last two characters had half as many farmable nodes as the last two characters for JKR had. And Carth was *only* available on a 20 energy fleet node. Even if someone crunched the numbers and determined DR was easier to get, it would only be slightly easier, not "half as difficult."
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    What you are “wanting” is to change the requirements of hero/journey events so it further benefits the extreme few who spend absurd amounts of $$$$ in the game (or are #1-2 daily in ranks) . What you are asking for is not 20-50 people in your shard with DR you are wanting 3-5. That in itself is the issue . Most people describe that as greed.

I can tell you In my shard chat exactly two people have all those toons g12 and 7*. And our shard chat has a rotation of about 30 people who can enter the top 10-1.
  • CazNeerg wrote: »
    The things you are saying aren't even accurate. It wasn't twice as long, and you keep leaving out the fact that the last two characters had half as many farmable nodes as the last two characters for JKR had. And Carth was *only* available on a 20 energy fleet node. Even if someone crunched the numbers and determined DR was easier to get, it would only be slightly easier, not "half as difficult."

We had 5 weeks to farm Bastila and Jolee..3 weeks to farm t3, mission, and big z. Mission and T3 were both cantina farms so you couldnt farm them at the same time. Bastila was a fleet node as was jolee.

We had 8 weeks to farm cande and BSF...5 weeks to farm Carth and juhani.

Go look up the timeline

• mvmss
    213 posts Member
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    mvmss wrote: »
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    There has been a lot of time to farm...if you make it too easy to get...there is no meta

Sure there is. It's just not exclusive to whales.

No because if everyone gets one...there is no meta

You know that's not the case here, even if the difficulty is on par with JKR.

On my shard, on the FIRST Revan release, once they were geared enough, Revans had 40 out of the top 50 and Revans could be found at around 150 ranking or so.

I'm not expecting anything less this time. More people have learned to better prepare for the event. They should have their effort compensated.

If you have 150 revans the first time around..there is no meta

Dude, who said 150 Revans?? I said Revan squads would fall to 150 and that 40 of the top 50 were Revan squads.

Will there be more DR than we had JKR?? Yes, I'm expecting that. What's the big deal??

Besides, if you are a better player overall, you will have better mods and the Sith Empire characters at7s and geared. A lot of people getting DR will have to build those characters from scratch. They will catch up, sure, but it will take time.

And, @Calbear949, you say you will get DR 100% ftp - yet, you side with whales because.....??

I always read whales complaining everything is too easy - well, making the game more competitive isn't giving them what they asked for?? Can't have it both ways.
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    There has been a lot of time to farm...if you make it too easy to get...there is no meta

On my shard, on the FIRST Revan release, once they were geared enough, Revans had 40 out of the top 50 and Revans could be found at around 150 ranking or so.

I'm not expecting anything less this time. More people have learned to better prepare for the event. They should have their effort compensated.

Dude, who said 150 Revans?? I said Revan squads would fall to 150 and that 40 of the top 50 were Revan squads.

Will there be more DR than we had JKR?? Yes, I'm expecting that. What's the big deal??

Besides, if you are a better player overall, you will have better mods and the Sith Empire characters at7s and geared. A lot of people getting DR will have to build those characters from scratch. They will catch up, sure, but it will take time.

And, @Calbear949, you say you will get DR 100% ftp - yet, you side with whales because.....??

I always read whales complaining everything is too easy - well, making the game more competitive isn't giving them what they asked for?? Can't have it both ways.

I am not siding with anyone...i am only telling you my side. I work hard to maintain my arena ranking and do my research...i am careful who i farm and what i gear. I have saved crystals since December and farmed the new OR toons as soon as they were available.

My point is that the benefit of a meta is that it is hard to get...if the top 100 players in each shard has the meta...there is no point. I can fight to no. 1 only to fall to 95 overnight...what is the point then?

The big deal is that i worked hard to get the meta so i can get free crystals so i dont have to spend money on this game.

If there are more DSRs...i have spend more time and crystal to get the same payouts i do now...which means more frustrations and time spent on this game...which is what i am trying to avoid in the first place.

Making the meta easier doesnt hurt whales...it hurts those who try the hardest and are most discipline
  • It kinda makes sense that whales complain more about things since theh are giving out their money to something, kinda like a donation. It depends on how you loo, at it. Sure, capital games is a great company, but spend any of my savings?

Nice Try. -_-

If the event is hard, I can deal with it sure. Itll just mean a little more farming time and alotta crystals. Maybe even potentially missing him the second time ( which might make me very annoyed to say the least) but ill be ok, life is life. However I highly doubt that because revan was the main staple and it wouldnt make sense to not play as him in this event, or at least play his character. For now though, im not gonna touch the gear of the guys required and lead a painful life (tourture complete with carth being the jolee of my original farming nightmares) farming them to the star count needed.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Honestly i thought CG was being nice...they didnt make jedi revan a required toon.
  • And no, do not make revan hard to get for those players who want to counter revan. Its a waste of gear and they dont want to have to deal with anymore aches and pains already happening live today.

And dont even talk to me about g12s. Ugh.
  • Midirataj
    121 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    OP is not really bright from what i can see.
    1. nobody with 2kk GP competes with you, not in the arena nor grand arena and probably even TW.
    2. since you spend thousands of $, i am pretty sure you post to brag about zeta g12 marquee characters months ago.. smh
    3. you have 30+ speed in each slot and probably ten sets of it with max offense or any useful stat for every toon
    4. i don’t understand what is your problem? u pay thousands of $ so nobody should be able to compete with you? guess what they can’t
    5. go put that money in your own game and set rules that nobody can be better than you,
    6. i have never seen anybody that salty. u lost matches to revan mirrors? with your 5kk GP mods than means you are bad
    7. hard journey is not challenging gameplay it is a $ challenge
    8. clearly OP has no chill.
    9. pls CG give him „I am the only one SpEciAl who pays dev’s rent” title in game so he can sleep better.
    10. hope you find content someday, cause clearly even unachievable for 99% players feats like 5kk GP, are nothing to you
    11. OP should be a special character in game with one passive, automatically wins the game.
    12. he would still be left wanting...
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member

I am not siding with anyone...i am only telling you my side. I work hard to maintain my arena ranking and do my research...i am careful who i farm and what i gear. I have saved crystals since December and farmed the new OR toons as soon as they were available.

My point is that the benefit of a meta is that it is hard to get...if the top 100 players in each shard has the meta...there is no point. I can fight to no. 1 only to fall to 95 overnight...what is the point then?

The big deal is that i worked hard to get the meta so i can get free crystals so i dont have to spend money on this game.

If there are more DSRs...i have spend more time and crystal to get the same payouts i do now...which means more frustrations and time spent on this game...which is what i am trying to avoid in the first place.

Making the meta easier doesnt hurt whales...it hurts those who try the hardest and are most discipline

The point is, if you don't have the meta, you will not fall to 95. You will fall way more than that.

With JKR I fall anywhere from low 30s to 130 overnight. I'm not sure other shards are so different

Final line sums up my life.
    We had 5 weeks to farm Bastila and Jolee..3 weeks to farm t3, mission, and big z. Mission and T3 were both cantina farms so you couldnt farm them at the same time. Bastila was a fleet node as was jolee.

Go look up the timeline

The second set for JKR went farmable on 9/26. The Event started on 10/18. 22 days. The second set for DR went farmable on 2/20. If the event starts sometime tomorrow, that's 3/21. 28 days. So not only is it not two weeks difference, it's not even a full week.

Bastila and Jolee had fleet nodes *in addition* to normal hard nodes, not instead of them. Zaalbar was also a two node farm. And all of the fleet node options for the JKR farm were lower energy ones, not the 20 for Carth.

Multiple cantina energy packs were offered for sale during the Mission/T3 farm, and cantina nodes only have energy refresh costs, no node refresh costs.

Like I said, even if on balance the DR farm is slightly easier, it's not going to be by much. Your narrative is inconsistent with reality.
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited March 2019

Go look up the timeline

The second set for JKR went farmable on 9/26. The Event started on 10/18. 22 days. The second set for DR went farmable on 2/20. If the event starts sometime tomorrow, that's 3/21. 28 days. So not only is it not two weeks difference, it's not even a full week.

Bastila and Jolee had fleet nodes *in addition* to normal hard nodes, not instead of them. Zaalbar was also a two node farm. And all of the fleet node options for the JKR farm were lower energy ones, not the 20 for Carth.

Multiple cantina energy packs were offered for sale during the Mission/T3 farm, and cantina nodes only have energy refresh costs, no node refresh costs.

Like I said, even if on balance the DR farm is slightly easier, it's not going to be by much. Your narrative is inconsistent with reality.

You are missing that you need 3 toons in 3 weeks versus 2 in 4.

Big z, bastila, and jolee were all hard and fleet nodes.

Having two cantina farms at the same times means you can only farm one at a time...at some point you are just better off buying shipment

Edit: also...BSF and Cande were both available to farm in mid January...which means that you could have been done with farming both even before Juhani and Carth were farmable. Thus you just need to farm two. As opposed to JKR where you had two weeks to farm Bast and Jolee before you had to start farming the other three.

The extent time frame also gives one more free crystals to farm with and more time to buy from shipment if necessary
    Post edited by Calbear949 on
    The extent time frame also gives one more free crystals to farm with and more time to buy from shipment if necessary

You're missing the fact that most of the people who have never spent money on the game aren't earning enough free crystals for those to be a real factor.
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    Fresh air and outdoor exercise or even a job. Priorities 😂
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    I don't know about your shards, but the 2nd coming of Revan has changed very, very little on the top, at least on my shard.

Sure, more people have Revans and some new faces can be seen near or at the top, but I can honestly say it's still the very same people who were taking top 3 before, who happen to be the very same people who were there during the Traya time and you can go back as far as you want.

At every new meta, the top stays pretty much the same. Some people quit, some people get there, but it doesn't change much. Indeed, some people now have to climb more than they used to.

Are your shards also like that??
  • Just to add to above

JKR: 41,635 crystals needed

Zalbar was a 20 fleet node and a 16 reg energy node. 9425 (29x275)

Mission was a 16 cantina node: 12460 crystals (13x300 + 107 shards from shipment for 7 stars)

T3 was a 12 cantina node...9000 crystals (16x500 for 7 star)

Jolee was a 20 fleet node with a 16 energy hard node. 9,675 (43x225)

Bast shan was also a 20 fleet node with a 16 energy hard node: 1075 (43x25)

DKR farm: 19,000 crystals needed

Carth is a 20 fleet node: 16,550 crystals (35 days x 450 (3 fleet refresh and 2 node refresh) + 10 shards in shipment)

Juhani is a 16 energy hard node: 2400 crystals (32x75)

Cande is a 12 cantina node: 0 crystals (62 days with no refresh)

BSF is a 20 energy hard node. 1,175 crystals (47 days at 25 crystals for one node refresh)

• mvmss wrote: »
    I don't know about your shards, but the 2nd coming of Revan has changed very, very little on the top, at least on my shard.

Sure, more people have Revans and some new faces can be seen near or at the top, but I can honestly say it's still the very same people who were taking top 3 before, who happen to be the very same people who were there during the Traya time and you can go back as far as you want.

At every new meta, the top stays pretty much the same. Some people quit, some people get there, but it doesn't change much. Indeed, some people now have to climb more than they used to.

2nd coming of JKR meant a lot more people with JKR..plus 7 star bsf and CLS with Chewy and c3p0

I would fall to like mid teens...then 20s...then 30s. I am usually between 30 and 40 now...which means at least one refesh and 3 to 5 extra battles.

Others have fallen outside of 50s
  • CazNeerg wrote: »

You're missing the fact that most of the people who have never spent money on the game aren't earning enough free crystals for those to be a real factor.

Not the point...point is that you are given a longer window to farm thus more income and less pressure/less need to refresh.
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    Have you seen the DR synnergy? I think that's where the advantage will go to older, whale roster players.

Sith Assassin, Trooper and Marauder - not everyone has farmed or geared those.
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    I think nobody wants to miss out on the +50% CD. That's massive
    Have you seen the DR synnergy? I think that's where the advantage will go to older, whale roster players.

Yes...i have SiT at g12 cuz traya but SA at g8. Maruader at 5 stars and low gear.

I will get there after i am done with DR but it will take a little time. They are good workup for fleet as well.

Then more saving.
  • JediRobb wrote: »

Yeah, exactly like that. A few new people in shard chat, and a few people who quit, but other than that, it’s basically the same as always.

FTP will have trouble being ready for this event. Unless you finish at the top of both arenas every day, you will not finish Carth and Juhani in time without spending money. I triple refreshed both since day 1, and bought shards in shipments with crystals, and I just finished them tonight. Maybe I had bad RNG on the drops, I don’t know, but I know it cost me about 600 crystals/day at least to get done by tonight. How many FTP have that kind of daily crystal inflow? I doubt very many.

Costs about 20k to get juhani and carth ready. That is 70 days at 300 crystals a day...pretty doable.

Yeah, my Trooper is 11, but the other two are only 8.