Kit Reveal: Darth Revan

Replies

• CapnJack81
    100 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Nihion wrote: »
    I understand that DR and the Triumvirate would be OP, and I get that his position as a true Sith was strained, but don’t call his Leader ability “Lord of the Sith,” and then not involve any Sith synergy...

What exactly do you call Bastila Shan Fallen, Sith Trooper, Sith Assassin and Sith Maurader then?

Well that's easy, they're called Sith but theyre not "all" Sith and being Lord of the Sith would be an all encompassing title, not cherry picked. Next question...
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I understand that DR and the Triumvirate would be OP, and I get that his position as a true Sith was strained, but don’t call his Leader ability “Lord of the Sith,” and then not involve any Sith synergy...

What exactly do you call Bastila Shan Fallen, Sith Trooper, Sith Assassin and Sith Maurader then?

The Leader ability never explicitly states “Sith” instead of “Sith Empire.” So don’t call it “Lord of the Sith”. Call it “Lord of the Sith Empire”
  • 6 more months of revan teams dominating the arena. Awesome. 🙄
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Lichbane wrote: »
    6 more months of revan teams dominating the arena. Awesome. 🙄

We don’t know that yet. Maybe Grievous is a HARD counter to DR... or CUP... or Jar Jar...
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    You know looking at DR's kit, I don't think he'll be able to hold on defense against JKR. I dont see anything stopping JKR from smashing HK or DS Bastilla on the first move...
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    You know looking at DR's kit, I don't think he'll be able to hold on defense against JKR. I dont see anything stopping JKR from smashing HK or DS Bastilla on the first move...

...and then getting destroyed by DR because he’ll miss the next like 5 turns? I think we’ll all be (un)pleasantly surprise.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Ninjah9 wrote: »

...and then getting destroyed by DR because he’ll miss the next like 5 turns? I think we’ll all be (un)pleasantly surprise.

Yea but the entire DR team will be running around with minus 75-150% defense. I imagine yoda or ezra could smash everybody else till DR has no support...
  • @CG_SBCrumb the tooltip doesn't explain what deathmark actually does.. shouldn't that be included?
  • artusa
    175 posts Member
    Just drop him already !!!! This is taking forever !!!!
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    No synergy with sith? That's a big fat NOPE from me. I'll spend this money somewhere else. Cool kit though.

Imagine the Triumvirate getting all the stacks of the Ferocity debuff, with their bonuses when the other two get debuffed. Now that would be a big fat nope.

The triumvirate was a part of the sith empire
  • Aydnie wrote: »
    No synergy with sith? That's a big fat NOPE from me. I'll spend this money somewhere else. Cool kit though.

Imagine the Triumvirate getting all the stacks of the Ferocity debuff, with their bonuses when the other two get debuffed. Now that would be a big fat nope.

Not really.
    They were more ashes from the Mandalorian wars. Nihilus was "created" after the destruction of Malachor V, Sion was just a soldier from the Exar Kun war 80 years before. Traya was the master of Revan and when he travelled from the republic after kotor 1, she returns to Malachor V in the academy where Malak and Revan were recruiting sith soldiers, to execute her own plan.
  • Monoc
    15 posts Member
    So who in their minds would zeta Fallen Bastila Shan when at the beginning of any turn DRevens team will dispel all foresight........like **** CG can you please rework it to be undispable or something......really GG guys GG.
  • Nihion wrote: »

The Leader ability never explicitly states “Sith” instead of “Sith Empire.” So don’t call it “Lord of the Sith”. Call it “Lord of the Sith Empire”

Might be the simple fact that Darth Revan was the first one to wear the "Darth" title in the known galaxy.
  • When you get to create a kit that contains something like "If Jedi Knight Revan is the the other leader.."...you're simply incompetent!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Aydnie wrote: »

That doesn't change the fact that they would break the game if they got the tag. Sion constantly spamming Held by Hatred due to the CD reduction, Nihilus with raid boss level health...
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    iliedanila wrote: »
    When you get to create a kit that contains something like "If Jedi Knight Revan is the the other leader.."...you're simply incompetent!

Lol, yea thats kinda what happens when you a character with a kit as ridiculous as JKR's. Still not sold that DR can beat JKR on defense. I really hope he does counter JKR so we can get a little balance back. The part that concerns me though, with a bunch of major jedi characters yet to come how does that faction move forward after Jedi Revan, and his stupid kit???
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »
    When you get to create a kit that contains something like "If Jedi Knight Revan is the the other leader.."...you're simply incompetent!

Lol, yea thats kinda what happens when you a character with a kit as ridiculous as JKR's. Still not sold that DR can beat JKR on defense. I really hope he does counter JKR so we can get a little balance back. The part that concerns me though, with a bunch of major jedi characters yet to come how does that faction move forward after Jedi Revan, and his stupid kit???

Make those poor souls synergize with galatic republic and clones, not all jedi.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

In this particular case, it actually makes sense storywise so I have no problem with that. Actually, I would like to see more pairings like this. GK and GG, Luke and Vader, Rey and Kylo...
  • Only one questions, will a JKR team be able to beat a Darth Revan team? Or wil we see top 50+ Darth revan teams history repeating.
  • I dont think jkr will beat darth revan but maybe a cls/jtr/traya/gg might be able to beat him but of course they will be targeted by every jkr out there
  • Hortus
    609 posts Member

In this particular case, it actually makes sense storywise so I have no problem with that. Actually, I would like to see more pairings like this. GK and GG, Luke and Vader, Rey and Kylo...

Storywise Jedi under Bastila lead should be counter to Darth Revan. Doesn't look it's going to happen.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Who counts at the "leader" for Deathmark purposes in raids?

Raid bosses are in the leader spot.
  • Kyno wrote: »

So p4 of hstr whos the leader? Traya? If so dm would be useless
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    One more question occured to me: How does the health equalization interact with massive damage and instant defeat? If I try to blow up DR with the probe, does he equalize? And what about Nihilus? My guess is that he equalizes on massive damage but just dies when annihilated, but I want to make sure.
  • Kyno wrote: »

I can't wait to test this in P4 sith raid and have the deathmark placed on Traya, who is un-targetable, after one of the minions falls below 50% health! /sarcasm
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    @CG_SBCrumb

Hi Crumb, will SA be getting a rework or rewording to her abilities to help synergy? Having re-read her abilities I've noticed two things:
    A) her TM giving special says 'Sith allies'. This would mean HK would not benefit from the TM gain. Intentional?

B.) the same special also clears all debuffs from here - I would assume, like the whole Traya passive cleansing, this wouldn't be appropriate for DR Revan teams as it will clear Ferocity
  • DarthRevan1023
    637 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Reyalp wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb

Hi Crumb, will SA be getting a rework or rewording to her abilities to help synergy? Having re-read her abilities I've noticed two things:
    A) her TM giving special says 'Sith allies'. This would mean HK would not benefit from the TM gain. Intentional?

B.) the same special also clears all debuffs from here - I would assume, like the whole Traya passive cleansing, this wouldn't be appropriate for DR Revan teams as it will clear Ferocity

Yea her kit dosent sound the best for darth revan other then giving the 24% tm to ramp up being useful mostly at the start so i think murader and SiT might be a better option maybe got to wait to test it out
  • Reyalp wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb

Yea her kit dosent sound the best for darth revan other then giving the 24% tm to ramp up being useful mostly at the start so i think murader and SiT might be a better option maybe got to wait to test it out

SiT is also bad. We all know his only purpose is to taunt and soak up damage. Now, with Ferocity stacks, within 2 turns he'll have exactly 0 defense left.. He'll be as brittle as glass.
    @CG_SBCrumb

SiT is also bad. We all know his only purpose is to taunt and soak up damage. Now, with Ferocity stacks, within 2 turns he'll have exactly 0 defense left.. He'll be as brittle as glass.

True but might help soak up some initial dmg so they can get started and could be used to help as a sacrifice toon to get hk going
    @CG_SBCrumb

True but might help soak up some initial dmg so they can get started and could be used to help as a sacrifice toon to get hk going

Yea, the alternqtive characters arent too good either, so if you run SiT, you should make the most out of it.

Point is, Darth Revan needs to be really powerful to compensate for the 2-3 useless companions.
    Just compare a 0 defense SiT + SAssassin + hk against non jedi, with Sion + DN + Traya... Theyre miles behind.