Kit Rework: HK-47

Replies

• DeeOhGee wrote: »
    As expected, leadership nerfed to death and useless without Darth revan. Thanks a lot!

Seriously why even have a leadership ability on him, they should just take it away entirely.

Cause he lead droids at SWTOR, has a lead since 3 years which is still the best for the entire faction (aka as no alternative) and it doesnt matter for Darth Revan Squads.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Really what is terrible is that when his lead changes, everyone's droids will be null and void until we get a new leader. And I love how this lead never once caused a loop ever in 3 years yet people are yelling "loop" as if they understand nothing about the game.

We already have the iconic droids too, so... what exactly will be a new droid release with a lead that makes droids good again?
  • I’m curious to see how much damage his special ability does. If it’s not insane I’m not really convinced that he’s best to use on a DR team, particularly if it’s not against JKR or Jedi.
  • @CG_SBCrumb both this hero and darth revan mention "deathmark" in ability tooltip, without actually explaining what deathmark does. shouldn't that description be included?
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    I’m curious to see how much damage his special ability does. If it’s not insane I’m not really convinced that he’s best to use on a DR team, particularly if it’s not against JKR or Jedi.

Well yeah, his kits designed around you going against Jedi/JKR, if not then any other character would be a better pick.
  • Darth_Sour
    19 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    @CG_SBCrumb will HK also get Sith tag to synergize with Sith Trooper or Sith Trooper have Vaiken's Legacy changed to add Sith Empire?
  • Well...I had a decent droid team. More of an A- or B+ on offense. Emphasis unfortunately on “HAD”.
    With the HK leader changes probably not so much.

Since JKR and HanFalcon this game has taken a turn I am not sure how long I can follow. Unfortunately the DR kit and HK rework just show that CG is further going down this path.

Sad. This was a game that actually kept me interested for a long time. But looks like it’s time to move on soon.
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Well...I had a decent droid team. More of an A- or B+ on offense. Emphasis unfortunately on “HAD”.

Since JKR and HanFalcon this game has taken a turn I am not sure how long I can follow. Unfortunately the DR kit and HK rework just show that CG is further going down this path.

Sad. This was a game that actually kept me interested for a long time. But looks like it’s time to move on soon.

I think you should give some time for DR. I dont see it far as potent as JKR.
    JKR is way too op, with basically being unkillablr and still hitting over 60k on GMY.
    DR looks like a fun new team, but which can still be beaten by traya, jkr, ns, probably even by bhs.
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Well...I had a decent droid team. More of an A- or B+ on offense. Emphasis unfortunately on “HAD”.

I think you should give some time for DR. I dont see it far as potent as JKR.
    JKR is way too op, with basically being unkillablr and still hitting over 60k on GMY.
    DR looks like a fun new team, but which can still be beaten by traya, jkr, ns, probably even by bhs.

I like your optimism ;-)
  • HK is useless now, no surprise so far...
  • VaexquaGer wrote: »
    HK is useless now, no surprise so far...
    He is not useless, he is quite good on a Revan team. But he is useless for a droid team, which is why most people farmed and geared him originally.
  • MysteriousStranger_1
    1 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I, like many people, am very concerned about the HK rework.

HK is one of a few toons that I really enjoy playing with. I am sensitive to the points made by CG regarding why he is being nerfed.

I wanted to suggest a different route.

My primary issue is that his usefulness with droids has been nearly erased and he will be only viable on a Darth Revan squad. Additionally, his only aoe will not even add to his already nerfed tm gain and when we consider that the damage dealing droids are a slow class, they've been made totally unusable in any competitive sense.

My suggestion is this: rather than basing his lead on CC, instead make it based on Target Lock.

My suggestion is to make TL extend (Like Old Ben's taunt) for one turn on expiring and give Droid teammates TM when a TL enemy is damaged.

FINAL TEXT: Droid allies have +30% Critical Chance, +20% Critical Damage, and gain X% Turn Meter whenever a Target Locked enemy is attacked.
    (Zeta) When an initial Target Lock expires, enemies regain Target Lock for one turn.

The issue I see right now is that he already has two new zetas, and I imagine CG is unwilling to give him a third.

My suggestion is to nerf the first zeta back to the simple reconstruction (either what it was before or just the health and protection) and to either eliminate or move the extra damage to the LTTM unique.

This preserves both a benefit to HK in a DR team as well as retaining him on a Droid team AND preventing recurring loops.

I really love using Droid teams and would love to keep HK as my Droid leader.

Thanks,
    Post edited by MysteriousStranger_1 on
  • I like your idea of linking to target lock but with the prevalence of tenacity up and tenacity stacking raid bosses I'd want an apply target lock on critical can't be resisted. With all the various "when target locked" bonuses there are it might be a viable lead even without the TM bonuses.

I still want an on kill bonus though, he's an assassin droid.
  • Yeah, right now I'm trying to pick my battle and that's not my hill, but I do feel the same.

The easy response to that is to have had his Assassination Protocol prevent revives.
  • What is wrong with you EA and CG? If Darth Revan is the leader, why in the world would you have to change HK-47's leadership? No one is going to use HK-47 as a leader if they have Darth Revan. If you change his kit to work with Darth Revan, then he doesn't need anything touched on his leadership, it sits there dormant! It only affected droids anyway. My droids heavily depend upon HK-47's previous leadership.

PLEASE PUT IT BACK.

PLEASE RESPOND HERE IF YOU AGREE.
  • HK could beat Darth Revan with his previous leadership
  • It has nothing to do with it being broken because they would have done it with the GG rework (when they already designed 2 new toons specifically to coincide with his leadership),,,, it solely has to do with them not wanting their new expensive toy to get beaten by F2P toons easily
  • Accept it, the game is totally broken and EA / CG completely lost focus.
    HK47 rework is a joke (as well as the entire Droid rework).
    GG was the most anticipated toon for a rework since YEARs, and what to they do?
    Release a basically useless B class toon ..but worst of all they release a video prior showing a GG team wiping out Revan, which lead a lot of player to invest heavily in GG / Droid, ending up being totally f* u*.

Anyway, learn your lessons, do not spend any $ at this game..
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    I will forever miss the Droid fun times we once had under a HK lead. HK, you led all the HK's and became their leader, Hk, you were once a great Droid that brought awesome fun to the Droid faction.

I will miss the Droid faction now that it has been officially ruined.

And whats up with needing four stars for the Drevan event even tier 2? Seriously CG are terrible.

And even after all this, its still easy for JKR to beat DR. Even after completely and utterly ruining HK and removing even more Droid synergy from the Droid Faction that has Droid bonuses DRevan can't hold on defence.
  • TuncBlack
    407 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    If ı kill hk47, does protection up character will start gaining tm again?
    @CG_SBCrumb
  • Now that hk47 has been upgraded, what are your thoughts on him? Is he any better or worse than before? I never put much work into him outside of 7 starring him a while back and just threw him into teams as cannon fodder. He seems to have a little more offensive power now but I'm a little upset he cant revive himself like he used to.
  • Better than the old with DR
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Tiers 1-3 of ewoks goes 200% faster with IG lead instead of HK

Mythic tier now needs to be manual with that team because for some reason L3 won't use his stinking special to get to Tier 3 so time saved but time lost :(
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Tiers 1-3 of ewoks goes 200% faster with IG lead instead of HK

Mythic tier now needs to be manual with that team because for some reason L3 won't use HER stinking special to get to Tier 3 so time saved but time lost :(

fixed it
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • I am upset that I have to rebuild all of his abilities from scratch since I already had him maxed out to begin with. It is extremely unfair that I have to rework him from nothing now. Thanks e.a.
  • So has anyone tested him in a GG led Droid/Sep team? GG lead, HK, BB8, B1, B2 maybe? Or Droideka instead of BB8? Idk but I like his kit alot more now and seems like he'd work well with his Health/Prot regeneration to offset GG unique.
  • Oh stop with all the HK rework complaining. I play at the highest level of the game and even there no one used or uses hk ever. Until the gg rework no one gave a crap about hk lol btw highest levels meaning an almost 5 mil acct in the baddest tw guild ever assembled. Dsr swa 4 life!!!

Long time fan of HK-47 here, and I still use him and the Droids to this day.

Just this last grand arena I destroyed a much higher gear Imperial Trooper team with these Droids all because HK's lead was so useful.

Not to mention the Ewok assault battle that you're able to breeze through by using HK.

So speak for yourself.

This change to his lead ability just left Droids in a useless state.

Thanks again for your awful ideas Capital Games.
  • Oh stop with all the HK rework complaining. I play at the highest level of the game and even there no one used or uses hk ever. Until the gg rework no one gave a crap about hk lol btw highest levels meaning an almost 5 mil acct in the baddest tw guild ever assembled. Dsr swa 4 life!!!

Long time fan of HK-47 here, and I still use him and the Droids to this day.

Just this last grand arena I destroyed a much higher gear Imperial Trooper team with these Droids all because HK's lead was so useful.

Not to mention the Ewok assault battle that you're able to breeze through by using HK.

So speak for yourself.

This change to his lead ability just left Droids in a useless state.

Thanks again for your awful ideas Capital Games.

I love the rework of hk.

Also not a droid person im definitely a revan/ sith person
  • TuncBlack
    407 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Unique 2: Loyalty to the Maker

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) If HK-47's leader is Darth Revan, HK-47 has the following:
    +50% Defense, Offense, Potency, and Tenacity
    +30% Critical Avoidance for each Jedi enemy
    Cooldown of Assassination Protocol is reset the first time another Sith Empire ally is defeated
    Enemies with Protection Up can't gain bonus Turn Meter

If hk47 is dead, can enemies still not gain turn meter?
    As ı understand these are hk47 personal unique kit.
    I think there is a bug,
    ı tested yoda and while ı have protection up, it doesnt gain tm on basic even hk47 is dead...

Please investigate this scenario or edit the text as, "even hk47 is dead, all the hk47 unique abilities will continue working..."

@CG_SBCrumb
  • As a droid person speaking, HK’s rework definitely made him a lot better. Before he was only around for his lead. He could have died first turn in the probably over 1000 battles I have done with him and it probably would have only changed the outcome of a handful. However, he was the best droid leader for years, and almost all of the droids were built around his lead and crits. Now that his lead is useless, there is a huge void in the droid faction. Grievous can’t fill that void since he is on his own with a full separatist droid squad, but other characters like IG-88 and T3 have no where to go now for some. I now have to run Lobot with my droid team because he is now the best droid leader. I would be fine with it all if we got another droid leader, but until then I have an entire team that no longer has an in-faction leader.