Replies

• EAZY_E
    21 posts Member
    Remember people, M.E.T.A

M-most
    E-effective
    T-tactics
    A-available

So even if everyone on Earth had JKR right now... everyone in arena would be using him. You wanna know why? Because it’s the best team, or the meta, it’s not the meta if only 20 guys have him lol otherwise wouldn’t Grevious be the current meta?
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    EAZY_E wrote: »
    Remember people, M.E.T.A

M-most
    E-effective
    T-tactics
    A-available

So even if everyone on Earth had JKR right now... everyone in arena would be using him. You wanna know why? Because it’s the best team, or the meta, it’s not the meta if only 20 guys have him lol otherwise wouldn’t Grevious be the current meta?

Wrong on Grievous. He can beat JKR, but is terrible on defense. He would be meta if he was more viable, not if more people had him. JKR was meta when there were 5-20 of him per shard too, not just when his usage increased to 90%.
  • EAZY_E
    21 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Remember people, M.E.T.A

M-most
    E-effective
    T-tactics
    A-available

Wrong on Grievous. He can beat JKR, but is terrible on defense. He would be meta if he was more viable, not if more people had him. JKR was meta when there were 5-20 of him per shard too, not just when his usage increased to 90%.
    No no that’s not what I’m saying, I’m saying, the meta is the best overall (revan) so if there’s 1 or 1000 revans In a shard, he’s the meta or best, being the meta doesn’t mean exclusive. Though prior someone said if everyone has revan there’s no meta, but that’s false
  • EAZY_E wrote: »
    Remember people, M.E.T.A

M-most
    E-effective
    T-tactics
    A-available

No no that’s not what I’m saying I’m saying, the meta is the best overall (revan) so if there’s 1 or 1000 revans In a shard, he’s the meta or best, being the meta doesn’t men exclusive but prior someone said if everyone has revan there’s no meta, but that’s false

Sorry, I missed that comment and misinterpreted the context of your statement. You are completely right on that one.
  • Madlax
    119 posts Member
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    I am not siding with anyone...i am only telling you my side. I work hard to maintain my arena ranking and do my research...i am careful who i farm and what i gear. I have saved crystals since December and farmed the new OR toons as soon as they were available.

What I always like with those guys is that each and everyone of them comes in first in both arenas, collects a huuge stack of crystals, uses them on a hard to get toon... and has again a huuuge stack of crystals for the hard to get toon that will be released 2 weeks later (i.e. Chewy + JKR)
  • I want DR to be exclusive, this won’t be a popular post.

When JKR was released, I was maintaining top 10 reliably. Now everyone has Revan I’m dropping into the high 20s, my 315 speed Revan beaten by 280 speed Revans, because this absurd meta doesn’t really care about speed.

Obviously FTP think this is fantastic, but I don’t pay to languish outside the top 20, I pay to win (I said it, not ashamed). If CG wants players to pay, and their business model depends on it, then they need to provide some kind of exclusivity for the considerable investment.

Otherwise we may as well all go FTP, have months and months to slow farm the characters, and then faceroll the event for the ultimate character in the game with a G8 squad.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Palanthian wrote: »
    I want DR to be exclusive, this won’t be a popular post.

When JKR was released, I was maintaining top 10 reliably. Now everyone has Revan I’m dropping into the high 20s, my 315 speed Revan beaten by 280 speed Revans, because this absurd meta doesn’t really care about speed.

Obviously FTP think this is fantastic, but I don’t pay to languish outside the top 20, I pay to win (I said it, not ashamed). If CG wants players to pay, and their business model depends on it, then they need to provide some kind of exclusivity for the considerable investment.

Otherwise we may as well all go FTP, have months and months to slow farm the characters, and then faceroll the event for the ultimate character in the game with a G8 squad.

The thing is, probably the first time unlock won't increase more than 10-20%. I meann instead of 20 you end up with having 24 DR/shard. Isn't that exclusive enough?
    People expected DR far before the event, but you still needed 600-ish crystals a day to be ready. It's not something most people have. You don't need to worry about having 50 DRs either way.
    Plus you'll need the sith minions for a viable DR team, even fewer people have them. If you have a massive wallet, you are getting weeks of advantage on everyone anyway.
  • EAZY_E
    21 posts Member
    Remember people, M.E.T.A

M-most
    E-effective
    T-tactics
    A-available

No no that’s not what I’m saying I’m saying, the meta is the best overall (revan) so if there’s 1 or 1000 revans In a shard, he’s the meta or best, being the meta doesn’t men exclusive but prior someone said if everyone has revan there’s no meta, but that’s false

Sorry, I missed that comment and misinterpreted the context of your statement. You are completely right on that one.

All good!🤙🏼
  • Palanthian wrote: »

Fully agree. I'm not spending cash just so I can be beaten few months later by some run-of-the-mill FTP jabronie. G12 or bust.

• RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    GeiloRen87 wrote: »

Fully agree. I'm not spending cash just so I can be beaten few months later by some run-of-the-mill FTP jabronie. G12 or bust.

Bye then. It's pretty clear that CG profits more from 25 players spending $50 than 3 spending $300. The numbers are obviously random, but there are even more casual spenders compared to whales than my ratio suggests.

Not like it's been any different so far anyway. You buy your advantage for a few months and you need to renew that "contract" every 1/4-1/2 year. Otherwise people will start catching up. You can never buy long term viability in this game with a one-time purchase.
  • Enerdrizer
    263 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    At worst you guys can buy crystals instead of participate in the arena :wink:
  • I think it's very selfish for a Papakind to be upset that the FTP get with a lot of effort what he does by charging the Visa.
    Sometimes, with effort, the objective is achieved and other times not, your Visa (or daddy's, I don't want to know) will surely arrive without problems, you do not want to strive? Pay for it
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

I don't disagree.
    However, i think it's safe to assume that the overwhelming majority of players who're going to unlock DRevan (even if the event is doable with g8/9) will have needed to spend money to do so.
    Making it more difficult will have a bigger effect on the p2p players because it just becomes more expensive than on the f2p crowd. Less f2p players will unlock DRevan ofcourse, but in the grand scheme of things that won't have such a big impact.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Tman
    257 posts Member
    I, someone who doesn't have a gear 11 at all, I think Darth Regan needs to be more exclusive. It'll help keep the Meta changing and force people to come up with creative counters.
    I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman
  • Tman wrote: »
    I, someone who doesn't have a gear 11 at all, I think Darth Regan needs to be more exclusive. It'll help keep the Meta changing and force people to come up with creative counters.

Actually, the more DRs per shard the more diversity. If there are 5, nobody else is going to switch from JKR. And you can come up with ten DR counters, all in vain, because they will be kicked back by the JKR mass before they get close to those 5 DR teams.
  • Palanthian wrote: »

The thing is, probably the first time unlock won't increase more than 10-20%. I meann instead of 20 you end up with having 24 DR/shard. Isn't that exclusive enough?
    People expected DR far before the event, but you still needed 600-ish crystals a day to be ready. It's not something most people have. You don't need to worry about having 50 DRs either way.
    Plus you'll need the sith minions for a viable DR team, even fewer people have them. If you have a massive wallet, you are getting weeks of advantage on everyone anyway.

I just did the math above...JKR is at least twice as hard/expensive to get as DSR. That means that instead of 20 to 30 people getting DSR a shard...we are up to 40 to 60.

At 19k crystals, one can get DSR if that person saves 300 crystals for 70 days.
  • GeiloRen87 wrote: »

Bye then. It's pretty clear that CG profits more from 25 players spending $50 than 3 spending $300. The numbers are obviously random, but there are even more casual spenders compared to whales than my ratio suggests.

Not like it's been any different so far anyway. You buy your advantage for a few months and you need to renew that "contract" every 1/4-1/2 year. Otherwise people will start catching up. You can never buy long term viability in this game with a one-time purchase.

That is absolutely incorrect...you could have spent to JKR...jump to the front of your shard and save the extra crystals for DSR.
  • HerrnPollo wrote: »
    I think it's very selfish for a Papakind to be upset that the FTP get with a lot of effort what he does by charging the Visa.
    Sometimes, with effort, the objective is achieved and other times not, your Visa (or daddy's, I don't want to know) will surely arrive without problems, you do not want to strive? Pay for it

You understand that the p2p players are what keep the proverbial lights on for this game right?
  • Calbear949 wrote: »

I just did the math above...JKR is at least twice as hard/expensive to get as DSR. That means that instead of 20 to 30 people getting DSR a shard...we are up to 40 to 60.

Perhaps, but 30 JKRs were kind of the extreme shards, not average. Mine had like 7, 4 of which took several weeks to get into a usable arena state.
    The average is probably 15 at most. By your math, that's 30 now. It just means not all of them will take 1st place every day.
  • Tman wrote: »

Actually, the more DRs per shard the more diversity. If there are 5, nobody else is going to switch from JKR. And you can come up with ten DR counters, all in vain, because they will be kicked back by the JKR mass before they get close to those 5 DR teams.

How is the 100 jkr in the shard now working out? People complaining abt mirror matches and falling 50 to 60 spots overnight.
  • DavieJG
    112 posts Member
    I have the shards and gear to get DR and I don't want others to be able to do. Please make it as hard as possible.

I can get the shards (just) but don't have any gear banked. Please make it as easy as possible.

I can't get the shards so I don't care.

/Thread.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Tman wrote: »

How is the 100 jkr in the shard now working out? People complaining abt mirror matches and falling 50 to 60 spots overnight.

It'll be the exact same. You can't expect a change if 5-10 people have DR. The rest still will be JKR.
    Just to make it clear, I don't mind a G11 difficulty event, but people demanding extreme exlusivity and G12+ are just absurd.
    I tend to believe that most people overestimate how many players are actually ready for DR. I checked the people that usually take top 5 spots on my shard. Not even them are all close to be ready.
    If you include all parameters, like buget/high crystal income, being willing to farm OR (some people refuse based on principle) and actually being up to date with rumors to start the farm in time, there won't be quite so many people.
  • Doxige
    98 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I came with some point I don't see anyone giving... You are missing Darth Malak... Im 90% sure that in some weeks more, it will came a Darth Malak that fills the fifth spot in Darth revan team, and it will be marquee so pay to win... that's it's the way the give the dolphins or FTP people a chance to use crystals or $$$ on revan, and then comes the real meta toon which will give to the whales his beloved high ground
  • Doxige wrote: »
    I came with some point I don't see anyone giving... You are missing Darth Malak... Im 90% sure that in some weeks more, it will came a Darth Malak that fills the fifth spot in Darth revan team, and it will marquee so pay to win... that's it's the way the give the dolphins or FTP people a chance to use crystals or $$$, and then comes the real meta toon

Which 5th spot? There are already 5 candidates for 4 spots. SA, SM, SiT, HK, Fallen Bastila.

It'll be the exact same. You can't expect a change if 5-10 people have DR. The rest still will be JKR.
    Just to make it clear, I don't mind a G11 difficulty event, but people demanding extreme exlusivity and G12+ are just absurd.
    I tend to believe that most people overestimate how many players are actually ready for DR. I checked the people that usually take top 5 spots on my shard. Not even them are all close to be ready.
    If you include all parameters, like buget/high crystal income, being willing to farm OR (some people refuse based on principle) and actually being up to date with rumors to start the farm in time, there won't be quite so many people.

If it is half as hard to get...i expect twice as many to get DSR.

If there are 80 DSRs...why should I bother getting it?
  • Doxige
    98 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Doxige wrote: »
    I came with some point I don't see anyone giving... You are missing Darth Malak... Im 90% sure that in some weeks more, it will came a Darth Malak that fills the fifth spot in Darth revan team, and it will marquee so pay to win... that's it's the way the give the dolphins or FTP people a chance to use crystals or $$$, and then comes the real meta toon

Which 5th spot? There are already 5 candidates for 4 spots. SA, SM, SiT, HK, Fallen Bastila.

No, the 4 occupied are Darth revan, HK, Fallen bastilla and sith trooper... The fifth spot would be filled by sith assassin or sith marauder but they are not really a meta thing... They were never used on palaptine or traya team so I don't think they are becoming MVP on this team

Edit: besides... When has CG give us some meta toon on daily login? The fact that is free there tells me that is a click bait hahah
  • Thread overboard! Lol

If it is half as hard to get...i expect twice as many to get DSR.

If there are 80 DSRs...why should I bother getting it?

That's still the extremely competitive shard situation. In that case I'm sorry for your arena, but there are shards that have far less rivalry that also play a role in CG's income. Mine had something around 7 JKRs.
    CG will not tune the difficulty of the event to satisfy the spenders of a small percentage of shards that are actually overly competitive. On average, it might be closer to 30 DRs than 80. I think it will be fine by them.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member

Have no idea how you came up with your numbers but I farmed all the DR toons as soon as they dropped and by the time I got them all to 7* it was a lot more than 19k crystals lol
  • Doxige
    98 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »

Have no idea how you came up with your numbers but I farmed all the DR toons as soon as they dropped and by the time I got them all to 7* it was a lot more than 19k crystals lol

Yeah, I have used like 20k using 600 crystals daily just on juhani and carth... I can only imagine the other 2